509 S Tyler St
Covington, LA 70433Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gallaghersgrill.com/
- Phone: 9858929992
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm -9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Pat Gallagher
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We do off site catering and have a facility named Maison Lafitte which can handle rehearsal dinners, luncheons and weddings. Also available for corporate meetings. There is a complete commercial kitchen on site at Maison Lafitte to accommodate any type of function. Contact numbers for catering are 985-807-8503 or 985-674-3339.
- Private Party Facilities: Up to 24 at Gallagher's Grill and up to 85 for a sit down event at Maison Lafitte
- Private Party Contact: Pat Gallagher 9858929992
A word from Gallagher's Grill
Gallagher's Grill, located at 509 S Tyler St in Covington, La. Rated Four Stars by Tom Fitzmorris, "Mr Food". Serving USDA Prime and choice steaks, quail, lamb and the largest selection of fresh fish on the Northshore! Open for lunch Tuesday thru Friday and Dinner Tuesday thru Saturday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Gallagher's Grill - Best Restaurants in Covington ›
Gallagher's Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (28)romantic (18)great for lunch (15)good for groups (15)notable wine list (12)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Steaks. Crab cakes. wow!LIVE2EATDined on 9/4/2014What a great neighborhood gem! Everything is wonderful here. You have to get the crab cakes!Special Features:
- delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/30/2014We always enjoy the delicious food and excellent service. Great staff. They recently enhanced their drink menu, adding interesting new drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerLucky579Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I celebrated our 53 wedding anniversary dinner at Gallagher's. We have been there several times and we know that we can always get an outstanding meal. My husband got the Fish Almondine and I got a large Soft Shell Crab that was standing up on its side and it was a wonderful dish. The waiter brought us a plate of fresh cooked corn and he said it was compliments of the house and this was very good. We finished off the meal with my favorite which was the White Chocolate Bread Pudding. We were seated in the bar area next to the patio window and we enjoyed the view. The only thing that I can say which was a bit negative was that it was a tad noisy but over all it was a good experience and we will always go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive service8retiredladiesDined on 8/20/2014Our waiter was excellent. He was eager to accommodate our group of ladies and their requests that ranged from more ice to it is too cold in here and separate checks. The Asian Ka-Bobs, as always, were delicious. I personally was not a big fan of the bread pudding, but others approved. I appreciated the phone call to confirm the reservation which allowed me to adjust the number of guests. The hostess and others who brought items to our table were all pleasant and attentive. Overall, it was a nice dining experience.Special Features:
- great foodluv2dineDined on 8/19/2014Aolways great with high quality consistant food and excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- BigDReviewsDined on 8/16/2014The food was phenomenal and the staff was outstanding. It was a little noisy but the restaurant was very crowded with a large dinner celebration in the back. The soft shell crab was as good as it gets and my wife had the rib eye which was excellent. The selection just for the specials had something for everyone. This is my favorite restaurant on the Northshore and then some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!cuisinesceneDined on 8/14/2014I made reservations easily through Open Table directly from the restaurant website. So easy. It was my son's 30th birthday and they wished him a Happy Birthday as soon as we arrived. The waiter also did that when he arrived at our table. The menu had many specials to choose. The pompano with crab was excellent! The service was perfect...very attentive but never intrusive. All around perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very consistant quality food.BBYODined on 8/12/2014Consistently delivering a quality experience. The steaks are excellent combined with variety of impressive seafood selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014While the waiter was very nice and helpful, there were many mistakes made. Do not know who's fault it was but it happened. Food was good but not as good as hoped. Mac and cheese was HORRIBLE. Ribeye was very good, stuffed chicken was very good, gumbo and oysters were good. Need to add sweet tea to the drink list. Very friendly atmosphere. Chef and waiter apologized for the problems and took the food of the check which was very much appreciated. Overall I give it 3 stars on my visit. Gonna try it one more time, hope it's way better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Night with my LadyWilliam03Dined on 8/8/2014Gallagher's is NUMBER ONE,... "Great Service",...... "Great Food". ........"Outstanding Staff"....The Lady had a GREAT TIME, thanks to everyone, what a night. Many ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite ResturantFishermanDined on 8/6/2014This is my favorite resturant by far. I'm a seafood guy, but Pats steaks are better than Ruth's. His selection of seafood, perfected in the New Orleans style always pleases me. Just wish he would put the Red Fish Courtbouillion soup on menu for good. Tastes like my Grandma'aSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as always!RedfisherDined on 8/2/2014Everything was absolutely perfect and delicious! I also found a new favorite waiter in Louis! The only room for improvement would be parking. My friend had to park across the street and cross the busy hwy in her wheelchair. Always a wonderful experience and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was awesome!iradi8Dined on 8/2/2014My husband, our two children and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here. The food was outstanding and the service was excellent. The sauces on the scallops, fish, veal chop and bread pudding were so delicious. The steaks were very tasty and tender. It is an expensive meal, but worth every penny. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!!!uncleDined on 7/19/2014My steak was outstanding, very flavorful, my Wife and Guest had a great redfish with lobster tails on top, the fish was flakey and very tasty. We enjoyed the whole meal.!!! ETSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will wait this long again.FancyFeast1Dined on 7/19/2014This restaurant has been in the hood for many years. People have said it was great! It is obviously well loved by the people who frequent it and by those who are regulars. And there are plenty of regulars - that is obvious. Not being one of those, I felt like an outsider at the restaurant. Our table was in the middle of the place, the waiter wanted to flip the table and the bus boy mumbled so badly no one knew what he said. And he was there to present the food - NOLA italian typical and it was ok. Nothing particularly wowed me or anyone at the table. And it was pricey. There are plenty of other good restaurants around that are friendlier more comfortable and cost far less.Special Features:
- hunt88Dined on 7/16/2014Oysters Pablo for an appetizer was outstanding. Steaks are always fantastic and were all cooked as ordered. Server was good but took order without a pen and forgot the 3 turtle soups we ordered but otherwise he was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.DrJeffDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I went here to celebrate our 4 year anniversary and we couldn't be happier with the entire experience. The food was great and everything came out in a timely fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as good as it getsJayhawkDined on 7/11/2014I went there with friends and everything was magnificent. It's pricey, but it's as good a meal as you can find any place in the world. I've eaten in most of the world, except Asia. The lobster is the best ever. Everything was wonderful. The waiter was most helpful, courteous and knowledgeable. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!! Noise level issuesErac932Dined on 7/5/2014Food was delicious, from appetizers, to salad, to entrees and dessert. Overall the dining room was frantic. All food runners and servers seemed to be "rushing" throughout the dinning room so was not a very pleasant environment to eat in. Food was excellent and server was very courteous, but seemed as if he and all servers were overextended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every dish was deliciousNlon59Dined on 6/21/2014The oyster appetizer is one of the best in entire New Orleans area. We both had fish entrees which where excellent also. It was a Saturday evening so the place was packed and got a little noisy but we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerFoodAdventurersDined on 6/21/2014Our server was great. The food was cooked perfect. We had reservations and were seated immediately. We will be back. We would not recommend to anyone looking for a Quiet dinning experience. The food made up for the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great service!Mmike1214Dined on 6/20/2014As always, Gallagher's Grill was spectacular. This restaurant remains one of my favorite restart ants in the area. Almost every time we get a night without the kids, this is where we are headed for so e great food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EileenDined on 6/20/2014Food was wonderful but waiter forgot to bring out the salad our guest had ordered; however, we were not charged for this.Special Features:
- WONDERFULjwc7Dined on 6/14/2014This was our third time at this restaurant. This time it was to celebrate by fiancé's birthday. As it has been in the past, the food was excellent and the service was equally as good. My only complaint about this restaurant is that it is a touch too noisy; a small price to pay for the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievably delicious steak!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014The filet at Gallagher's Grill is so good. It comes out sizzling on the plate and is seasoned perfectly! We also enjoyed the white chocolate bread pudding. I just wanted to drink the sauce it was so yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableinfinitoddDined on 5/31/2014The staff is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about the menu. Large sports motif in the bar area dining room, elegant in the main dining area. Would recommend for special occasions. Only suggestion to the restaurant would be to get a pastry chef. In stark contrast to the food, the deserts seemed store bought and left us wanting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceyummymummyDined on 5/29/2014We had the steak bone-on-bone and they split it for us. It was one of the best I've enjoyed. We shared a side of potatoes au gratin, which was wonderful. The waiter was kind enough to tell us that the sides were ample and could be shared. Not inexpensive, but well worth it. Only problem was parking, as it is in a neighborhood.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the BestCodyBDined on 5/24/2014Still our favorite restaurant on the North Shore. Top 3 restaurants in Louisiana for sure, honestly hard to recall if I've had a better steak. Service is impeccable.Special Features:
- TillieTillieDined on 5/23/2014Food was wonderful as always. Good variety from beef to seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Bone-in filetStumpyDined on 5/20/2014This is the second time we've tried Gallagher's bone-in filet since the first ones were so outstanding. We were not disappointed with the second order. The meat is much more flavorful than with the standard filet. By the way, their key lime pie is also some of the best we've tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 76 reviews are from the Gallagher's Grill reviews archive.
- ALWAYS EXCELLENT!liveandlearnVIPDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I visit Gallagher's quite frequently; it is one of our favorite places to eat. The service is always superb. Your glass will never be empty! The food is always exceptional! Our favorites are: turtle soup, crabmeat augratin, bacon wrapped scallops, and of course their exceptional steaks! To us, there is nothing comparable in the area! It is outstanding! It is great for any special occassion or that special someone....you will not leave disappointed or hungry....and the best thing about it, it's always consistent!Special Features:
- JohnJohnDined on 5/14/2014Fantastic steaks and service in a very comfortable atmosphere. Great place to share with friends and make new ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers DayLousyWaitressDined on 5/11/2014We had a wonderful time celebrating mothers day with our families. Will differently go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steakstoadDined on 5/11/2014We dined at Gallagher's for Mothers Day and the food was truly outstanding. The steaks were some of the best you can find in the Metro area. One party at our table tried the Red Snapper and she raved about this dish as well. Appetizers, sides, and dessert were equally as good as the entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFrogDined on 5/10/2014We had a reservation for 7:30. We arrived early (7PM) so we told the hostess we would be at the bar. After 7:30 my husband went to inquire about our table. She said the two people were still dining where we were going to sit. There was a table for 4 in the bar area that no one ever got seated at from 7PM to 7:40. The hostess came to us later and said since the party of 4 didn't show up for that table that we could have it. After saying this she left. She didn't even show us to the table. She never apologized for the delay. Very disappointed with this service. Why make reservations if you are not going to be seated at that time.Special Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/7/2014Wonderful dining experience as always, see you next. Every thing outstanding
- good foodbjkillDined on 4/26/2014the food was good, the servers very attentive. it was noisy that night, they were very busy. it was very expensive for some of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014The sizzling crab cakes are to die for. The grouper with crab meat and mushrooms was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodPityDined on 4/26/2014The food was very well prepared and great flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Spot in CovingtonHungryJackDined on 4/24/2014Good steaks. Great appetizers. Dining room is small especially if your a party of 2. We actually elected to move to the bar and enjoyed the atmosphere, service, etc. much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.