509 S Tyler St
Covington, LA 70433Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gallaghersgrill.com/
- Phone: (985) 892-9992
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm -9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Pat Gallagher
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We do off site catering and have a facility named Maison Lafitte which can handle rehearsal dinners, luncheons and weddings. Also available for corporate meetings. There is a complete commercial kitchen on site at Maison Lafitte to accommodate any type of function. Contact numbers for catering are 985-807-8503 or 985-674-3339.
- Private Party Facilities: Up to 24 at Gallagher's Grill and up to 85 for a sit down event at Maison Lafitte
- Private Party Contact: Pat Gallagher 9858929992
A word from Gallagher's Grill
Gallagher's Grill, located at 509 S Tyler St in Covington, La. Rated Four Stars by Tom Fitzmorris, "Mr Food". Serving USDA Prime and choice steaks, quail, lamb and the largest selection of fresh fish on the Northshore! Open for lunch Tuesday thru Friday and Dinner Tuesday thru Saturday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Gallagher's Grill - Best Restaurants in Covington ›
Gallagher's Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (18)romantic (16)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (14)hot spot (12)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Tom Fitzmorris missOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Heard good things, and the filet was cooked to order and tasty. The duck appetizer was very nice. Really need new bartender-mixed drinks awful. The spinach side was tasteless and chimichurri not very tasty,
- Server2fordinnerDined on 11/15/2014The food was so perfect! The wine list, just right. The steaks were the best we have ever experienced. It's too bad that the waiter was way too attentive. We felt rushed and annoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodEJDAPACDined on 11/12/2014My wife and I have dined here a number of times and never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleased again8retiredladiesDined on 11/12/2014Our table was ready when we arrived, our waiter remembered us from a previous visit and even recalled what we had ordered the last time. I especially appreciated the confirmation call the day before our visit to make sure the online reservation information was correct. Gallagher's is becoming the " let's celebrate a birthday" spot for my group of retired school teachers. Thanks for doing a good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TreeDined on 11/7/2014Food was excellent. Very good service and quaint atmosphere.Special Features:
- Gallaghers Grill GoodFrankieDined on 11/6/2014Food was fine and adequate amount. A little pricey, but the service was outstanding. However, it was noisy and very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShellDined on 11/1/2014I would recommend Gallaghers for a big party, however not a quiet romantic night out. It was very loud!! The filet was outstanding!! The waiter seemed inexperienced & was far too forward on pushing the most expensive items on the menu. Also we had reservations and didn't get seated until 45 minutes after we arrived on time. I feel they should have done something to make up for that & nothing was said or done. I would go back however and sit at the bar just to get the filet. The bartender and busboy were the most on top of things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/30/2014Best steak in town. Consistent, comes out sizzling.Special Features:
- Pat does a GREAT job .... always !GreensteenDined on 10/25/2014Well worthy of a repeat visit for the 5th time.....!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumPityDined on 10/23/2014https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152631740733664&id=194456273663The menu at this restaurant has a nice variety to choose from. The presentation and flavor of food is very good. You get a nice serving of the Entree and side are large enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, loudLagirlDined on 10/17/2014Went here for husbands birthday. The food was delicious but we had so many people waiting on us I still don't know who our waiter was. It was also extremely loud. I made the reservation stating that it was my husbands birthday. It would have been nice if staff could have wished him a happy birthday. I didn't expect song or dessert of coarse, just maybe a happy birthday and more re attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Great After All These YearsannienolaDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I used to go to Gallaghers on Friday evenings many years ago. We moved away and I recently moved back to Covington. Gallaghers is less than a mile away from my new home and when a friend invited me to lunch to celebrate my birthday I recommended Gallaghers. I ordered the crabmeat au gratin because it is my favorite dish. It was delicious and the serving was so large I had the leftovers for dinner. My friend had shrimp with a chipotle sauce and she thoroughly enjoyed it. We shared a side of grilled asparagus that was cooked just right. YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choiceGPatDined on 9/19/2014We knew Gallegher's years ago and were delighted to re find it. The food was delicious, arrived promptly and sizzling. We loved the "table servings" of the sides. The staff was superb_ attentive but not obtrusive. Can't wait for cooler weather to try the patio. Such a nice setting.Special Features:
- Steaks. Crab cakes. wow!LIVE2EATDined on 9/4/2014What a great neighborhood gem! Everything is wonderful here. You have to get the crab cakes!Special Features:
- delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/30/2014We always enjoy the delicious food and excellent service. Great staff. They recently enhanced their drink menu, adding interesting new drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerLucky579Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I celebrated our 53 wedding anniversary dinner at Gallagher's. We have been there several times and we know that we can always get an outstanding meal. My husband got the Fish Almondine and I got a large Soft Shell Crab that was standing up on its side and it was a wonderful dish. The waiter brought us a plate of fresh cooked corn and he said it was compliments of the house and this was very good. We finished off the meal with my favorite which was the White Chocolate Bread Pudding. We were seated in the bar area next to the patio window and we enjoyed the view. The only thing that I can say which was a bit negative was that it was a tad noisy but over all it was a good experience and we will always go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive service8retiredladiesDined on 8/20/2014Our waiter was excellent. He was eager to accommodate our group of ladies and their requests that ranged from more ice to it is too cold in here and separate checks. The Asian Ka-Bobs, as always, were delicious. I personally was not a big fan of the bread pudding, but others approved. I appreciated the phone call to confirm the reservation which allowed me to adjust the number of guests. The hostess and others who brought items to our table were all pleasant and attentive. Overall, it was a nice dining experience.Special Features:
- great foodluv2dineVIPDined on 8/19/2014Aolways great with high quality consistant food and excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- BigDReviewsDined on 8/16/2014The food was phenomenal and the staff was outstanding. It was a little noisy but the restaurant was very crowded with a large dinner celebration in the back. The soft shell crab was as good as it gets and my wife had the rib eye which was excellent. The selection just for the specials had something for everyone. This is my favorite restaurant on the Northshore and then some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!cuisinesceneDined on 8/14/2014I made reservations easily through Open Table directly from the restaurant website. So easy. It was my son's 30th birthday and they wished him a Happy Birthday as soon as we arrived. The waiter also did that when he arrived at our table. The menu had many specials to choose. The pompano with crab was excellent! The service was perfect...very attentive but never intrusive. All around perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very consistant quality food.BBYODined on 8/12/2014Consistently delivering a quality experience. The steaks are excellent combined with variety of impressive seafood selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014While the waiter was very nice and helpful, there were many mistakes made. Do not know who's fault it was but it happened. Food was good but not as good as hoped. Mac and cheese was HORRIBLE. Ribeye was very good, stuffed chicken was very good, gumbo and oysters were good. Need to add sweet tea to the drink list. Very friendly atmosphere. Chef and waiter apologized for the problems and took the food of the check which was very much appreciated. Overall I give it 3 stars on my visit. Gonna try it one more time, hope it's way better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Night with my LadyWilliam03Dined on 8/8/2014Gallagher's is NUMBER ONE,... "Great Service",...... "Great Food". ........"Outstanding Staff"....The Lady had a GREAT TIME, thanks to everyone, what a night. Many ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite ResturantFishermanDined on 8/6/2014This is my favorite resturant by far. I'm a seafood guy, but Pats steaks are better than Ruth's. His selection of seafood, perfected in the New Orleans style always pleases me. Just wish he would put the Red Fish Courtbouillion soup on menu for good. Tastes like my Grandma'aSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as always!RedfisherDined on 8/2/2014Everything was absolutely perfect and delicious! I also found a new favorite waiter in Louis! The only room for improvement would be parking. My friend had to park across the street and cross the busy hwy in her wheelchair. Always a wonderful experience and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was awesome!iradi8Dined on 8/2/2014My husband, our two children and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here. The food was outstanding and the service was excellent. The sauces on the scallops, fish, veal chop and bread pudding were so delicious. The steaks were very tasty and tender. It is an expensive meal, but worth every penny. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 93 reviews are from the Gallagher's Grill reviews archive.
- Great Meal!!!uncleDined on 7/19/2014My steak was outstanding, very flavorful, my Wife and Guest had a great redfish with lobster tails on top, the fish was flakey and very tasty. We enjoyed the whole meal.!!! ETSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will wait this long again.FancyFeast1Dined on 7/19/2014This restaurant has been in the hood for many years. People have said it was great! It is obviously well loved by the people who frequent it and by those who are regulars. And there are plenty of regulars - that is obvious. Not being one of those, I felt like an outsider at the restaurant. Our table was in the middle of the place, the waiter wanted to flip the table and the bus boy mumbled so badly no one knew what he said. And he was there to present the food - NOLA italian typical and it was ok. Nothing particularly wowed me or anyone at the table. And it was pricey. There are plenty of other good restaurants around that are friendlier more comfortable and cost far less.Special Features:
- hunt88Dined on 7/16/2014Oysters Pablo for an appetizer was outstanding. Steaks are always fantastic and were all cooked as ordered. Server was good but took order without a pen and forgot the 3 turtle soups we ordered but otherwise he was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.DrJeffDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I went here to celebrate our 4 year anniversary and we couldn't be happier with the entire experience. The food was great and everything came out in a timely fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as good as it getsJayhawkDined on 7/11/2014I went there with friends and everything was magnificent. It's pricey, but it's as good a meal as you can find any place in the world. I've eaten in most of the world, except Asia. The lobster is the best ever. Everything was wonderful. The waiter was most helpful, courteous and knowledgeable. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!! Noise level issuesErac932Dined on 7/5/2014Food was delicious, from appetizers, to salad, to entrees and dessert. Overall the dining room was frantic. All food runners and servers seemed to be "rushing" throughout the dinning room so was not a very pleasant environment to eat in. Food was excellent and server was very courteous, but seemed as if he and all servers were overextended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every dish was deliciousNlon59Dined on 6/21/2014The oyster appetizer is one of the best in entire New Orleans area. We both had fish entrees which where excellent also. It was a Saturday evening so the place was packed and got a little noisy but we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerFoodAdventurersDined on 6/21/2014Our server was great. The food was cooked perfect. We had reservations and were seated immediately. We will be back. We would not recommend to anyone looking for a Quiet dinning experience. The food made up for the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great service!Mmike1214Dined on 6/20/2014As always, Gallagher's Grill was spectacular. This restaurant remains one of my favorite restart ants in the area. Almost every time we get a night without the kids, this is where we are headed for so e great food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EileenDined on 6/20/2014Food was wonderful but waiter forgot to bring out the salad our guest had ordered; however, we were not charged for this.Special Features:
- WONDERFULjwc7Dined on 6/14/2014This was our third time at this restaurant. This time it was to celebrate by fiancé's birthday. As it has been in the past, the food was excellent and the service was equally as good. My only complaint about this restaurant is that it is a touch too noisy; a small price to pay for the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievably delicious steak!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014The filet at Gallagher's Grill is so good. It comes out sizzling on the plate and is seasoned perfectly! We also enjoyed the white chocolate bread pudding. I just wanted to drink the sauce it was so yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableinfinitoddDined on 5/31/2014The staff is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about the menu. Large sports motif in the bar area dining room, elegant in the main dining area. Would recommend for special occasions. Only suggestion to the restaurant would be to get a pastry chef. In stark contrast to the food, the deserts seemed store bought and left us wanting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceyummymummyDined on 5/29/2014We had the steak bone-on-bone and they split it for us. It was one of the best I've enjoyed. We shared a side of potatoes au gratin, which was wonderful. The waiter was kind enough to tell us that the sides were ample and could be shared. Not inexpensive, but well worth it. Only problem was parking, as it is in a neighborhood.I would recommend this to a friend.