227 Galisteo Street
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.galisteobistro.com/
- Phone: (505) 982-3700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Tomas Allan Keller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: The Galisteo Bistro is happy to host your fine dining experience, weddings, graduations, travel parties, large and small please call
Customized menus available.
A word from Galisteo Bistro
A graduate from Le Cordon Bleu, Chef Tomas Allan Keller creates a tasty assortment of international cuisine, specializing in flown in daily seafood from the East Coast. Everything is fresh, made by hand. Organic, naturally sourced from New Mexico or regional ranchers, farmers, provide a culinary delight not found anywhere else in Santa Fe. Experience casual fine dining at it's best. Extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Galisteo Bistro - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Galisteo Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (118)neighborhood gem (81)special occasion (81)romantic (62)notable wine list (55)hot spot (22)good for groups (12)great for lunch (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Too ExpensivesdkphdVIPDined on 11/23/2014Our salad was $14, and entrees $30+. Portions were small, meat was tough and the waiter tried to steer us to much more expensive wine when questioned about our wine of choice which turned out to be quite good. We thought it was much better and less pretentious with previous owner.
- Delicious food and great serviceSantaFeBobDined on 11/22/2014Food was exceptional and the service was both professional and welcoming. I ordered the lamb, which turned out to be the tenderest and flavorful serving of lamb I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend for Santa FeEllaineDined on 11/22/2014My husband and I live in Santa Fe and this was our first visit. We were so impressed with the top quality service. The seafood was some of the best we have had in quiet sometime. A bit pricey but worth the $$$ if you want a very nice dinner with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Santa Fe!Leslie1VIPDined on 11/20/2014I loved this restaurant with the previous chef. I didn't think anyone could match his talents. I was wrong! This 23 year-old chef is amazing. They go to great effort to have fresh fish and ingredients. His whipped sweet potatoes were like velvet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceAngelFireDined on 11/20/2014From the owner who greets you to the waiter who guides you through the menu, this was a great experience. Fit for foodies or the average diner. Menu changes regularly. Open kitchen makes it dinner and a show. A dining delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Prepared, Flavorful DinnerTomSVIPDined on 11/16/2014Located in the heart of old Santa Fe, the Galisteo Bistro offers a nice selection of dishes, including seafood. The lamb dish I ordered was excellent, including flavorful sides that accompanied the entrée. Their special desert for this evening was a chocolate pecan pie, which was one of the best I've had. All told, a very enjoyable meal and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServicesJeweberDined on 11/15/2014We went to this restaurant because we had won 2 gift cards and now we will go back because it was so good! The food was wonderful with the exception of the potatoes that came as a side with our filets. The potatoes were overdone and not very tasty. Everything else was amazingly good. Our appetizers were shrimp and tuna...both delicious. Our desserts were also really good. Our server, Luis, was also excellent. Attentive but not hovering. The owner is delightful and makes sure everyone has what they need. The restaurant is small so make a reservation. Every seat was taken the night we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood! Seafood! Seafood!SeasideStephVIPDined on 11/12/2014We were skeptical because we live in an area that has some of the best seafood in the world, But, WOW! It was amazing. And, more so our server LaRoy completely made our evening with a beautiful wine suggestion and perfect service. We will be back next year for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was better than the serviceRossVIPDined on 11/12/2014The steak and veggies were delicious, but the service was very inattentive. No one offered to pour another glass of prosecco from the bottle we ordered. We had to do that ourselves. . No offer for additional bread or water. At their prices, paying attention to the customer's basic needs is normal. We had much better service at the Ziad Diner. Everything we ordered was "perfect" in the waiter's opinion. When we wanted something, the waiter was nowhere to be found. The busboy was more helpful and friendly than the waiter. Two food exceptions: the salad had not been properly dried and so the salad dressing was watery; and the ice cream dessert looked lovely but was served in a ridiculous bowl that was precariously balanced on a bed of ice - everytime we wanted a spoonful of ice cream, my wife or I had to hold the bowl so it would not tip over. This was not a typical Santa Fe experience where the wait staff is friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite a catchwineanddineVIPDined on 11/9/2014Excellent food and good service. Perhaps the best preparation of snapper I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but not amazingalacarteDined on 11/9/2014Attentive service but the food was just OK. Came here with a restaurant.com coupon; probably wouldn't have found the restaurant otherwise.Special Features:
- No Longer GoodAltaSkierVIPDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I have been fans of this restaurant since it opened several years ago. It was sold this year, so we wanted try out the new ownership. We were terribly disappointed by the food. I ordered a salad of fennel and roasted artichokes. It consisted of plain undressed shaved fennel with small roasted artichoke hearts laid on top. The sole two ingredients had nothing to do with one another other than being in the same bowl. To be fair, the artichokes were warm and tasty by themselves. The new menu has an emphasis on fresh fish, and my Florida snapper was pretty good, although overly gooey with sauce. The veggies that came with it were totally devoid of taste. My husband had a mediocre and tiny serving of elk. Not good!
- ChrisVIPDined on 11/8/2014This was our first visit since the change in ownership last summer. The bistro still has the same charm and the service was excellent and friendly. Our meals were good and simply prepared. The cut of lamb was very nice and the portion generous. The lamb was prepared with a rub, but came without any sauce. The pork ribs were flavorful. The portion was small with just 3 thin ribs. The bbq sauce was good. Overall, a nice meal, but without much flare or creativity. The atmosphere remains comfortable and friendly.
- DoubleSFDined on 11/7/2014Food preparation was not creative or special. Good but could have prepared at home
- great restaurantmew2150Dined on 11/7/2014unpretentious but delicious; price is not exorbitant for the quality.Special Features:
- Big disappointementBlanche14Dined on 11/6/2014We were very fond of GB under the former owners and this was our first visit under the new. The food was "good" but certainly not of the caliber to justify their new prices. We ordered the crab entrée as an appetizer for the table of four and it must have been frozen and then thawed, not a fresh texture or taste. My duck breast was tasty, but the wild rice on my plate was cold and watery. The Ahi Tuna dish was very thin and to me looked overcooked. The seafood pasta and the Grouper were quite good. We had taken friends there for a B.day celebration for their first time at GB and were somewhat embarrassed, a bad nite perhaps?Special Features:
- 1st Visit w/ New Ownership1stVisitDined on 11/5/2014Excellent food, creative menu, friendly atmosphere, very good service!Special Features:
- A little more fancy than a bistro!radiantfireDined on 11/1/2014We had reservations, arrived about 45 minutes early for reservations, they happily sat us anyway. We enjoyed crab cake for appetizer--the best crab cake I have ever eaten. Perfect portion, not too rich, very authentic crab cake! Wine was delicious. I got seafood pasta for entree, husband got filet mignon, both dishes were to die for. Pasta was not too rich or too creamy, seafood was cooked just right, sauce was flavorful but not heavy. Husband's filet was also cooked just right, melted in your mouth. Garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli rabe were fresh, light, full of flavor, not heavy, not chewy. Dessert was crepe chocolate cake--not too sweet, hearty serving, we could not finish it. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good!KimTDined on 11/1/2014Our table of four each had something different, and we ALL enjoyed our meal very much. The service was attentive but not hovering, and don't forget to try a dessert. We had the tiramisu--served in a glass, not too sweet but yummy!Special Features:
- Service/FoodgisdinerDined on 10/31/2014The waiter really pushed the $25 glass of wine. The Caesar salad was mediocre at best. It consisted of the outer leaves of the Romaine letter and not the hearts of the lettuce.Special Features:
- Elegant Seafood Spot20feetDined on 10/31/2014Servings were a little small for the seafood but it was cooked wonderfully. Excellent service. The restaurant was a little cold inside and pieces are steep but flying in fresh tuna and crab daily means you get the freshest ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal, friendly serviceinternettieVIPDined on 10/31/2014We had not been since the new owners took over. The room was lighter in tone w/colorful big paintings on white walls. We were greeted in a very friendly manner by owner/host. The waiter asked us if we liked seafood- then talked about various choices on offer. We had stone crab and a gigantic grilled shrimp as appetizers. Both really delicious. We had quail and red snapper for main courses. Only disappointment was the seafood risotto served with the snapper -- just not enough flavor. Good choices for wine by the glass, but the prices were a bit high ($12 -18 per glass). A new style tiramisu (with ice cream, not ricotta) was pronounced excellent by my partner. I had the almond hazelnut curd -- amazingly light and unusual flavor. Do try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyHurriDined on 10/29/2014Pricey. Food was ok. Calamari had no flavor. Better restaurants in the area. Waiter was very nice, good service.Special Features:
- Good value for Santa FeWillTVIPDined on 10/26/2014Finding good eats in Santa Fe is not difficult, but you usually wind up spending alot for a quality meal. Our party of 6 really enjoyed the menu and staff at Galisteo Bistro. We had a great time. While quite limited, the menu offers tasty options with a seafood slant. I had the Diablo Shrimp which is a dish containing one shrimp - easily the biggest shrimp I've ever seen. I've seen lobsters smaller than this shrimp. While the texture of the shrimp is what you'd expect for such a huge specimen, the accompanying sauce was delicious and the presentation could not be beat! Given the 3 bottles of wine and coffee and dessert, I was quite pleased when I saw the bill. All-in-all, I feel it was a good dining value for Santa Fe.Special Features:
- Love Galisteo Bistro!MACKDined on 10/25/2014This was a fourth or fifth visit to Galisteo Bistro each when visiting Santa Fe and taking guests. All my guests have enjoyed it as well as myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in Santa FeHaroldDined on 10/25/2014What a great find! Visiting Santa Fe, checked out the reviews on Trip Advisor, and picked this spot. We loved the place. It is relatively small, so make reservations. If you get the chance the two tables by the front window are nice. One of the things we loved about this place was the open view into the kitchen. It was amazing to watch how hard the cooks worked to keep everything running smoothly. Food was fantastic, service was excellent, and the hostess a real sweetheart. HIGHLY recommend.Special Features:
- very enjoyable meal!DBABQVIPDined on 10/25/2014Our second time at the restaurant, this time for a full meal (first was just for a couple appetizers). I had the rib-eye and Mrs had the crab trio, both dishes were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLinaDined on 10/24/2014This was one of the best dinners I had in the last year. Sophisticated and excellent food, with a little menu, but perfect. Service was fast, attentive and really nice people. I will recommend this restaurant to everyone that loved a different and really high cuisine.Special Features:
- The steaks were greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Enjoyed our experience at Galisteo Bistro. It was very busy on a Thursday evening, and everyone seemed to be having a good time. The filet mignon was excellent. Not so one of the shrimp appetizers. The presentation of this appetizer was impressive, but the sauce was strange.Special Features:
- Good Food Great ServiceAmarilloCruiseCatVIPDined on 10/22/2014Wife and I were in Santa Fe for our anniversary and wanted to try something new near our hotel. This was a nice find. The service was great. The food was very good, but the portion sizes were too big. Wine list is just OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising neighborhood gemBobbieVIPDined on 10/22/2014The room had only about a dozen tables and some had views of the kitchen. The food was extremely fresh and artist ally prepared. I had the crab cakes for an appetizer and the short ribs for the main course. The sauces were so delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for anyone coming to the downtown area of Sante Fe.Special Features:
- Wonderful celebration!santafefoodieDined on 10/19/2014My sister and I had dinner there this past weekend to celebrate a birthday. We had early dinner reservations, and were greeted professionally by the host, who gave us a pick of our table. Our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. Our water glasses were never empty and our coffee was pressed for us at our table when it was ready. We had a certificate in payment for some of the bill and no one batted an eye. The food was superb - probably the best filet mignon I have ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't mess with success.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014While under the previous ownership, this was our favorite restaurant in Santa Fe. However,the new owner has removed one of the signature dishes from the previous owner's menu-Chicken Saltimbocca. They have substituted a chicken dish in its place which pales in comparison. In fact my wife and I both ordered it and the chicken came out undercooked and was gray in the middle. While we understand that the new owners will want to put their own stamp on the menu, why mess with success? Maybe it would be wiser to keep the trie and proven dishes and experiment elsewhere on the menu. That being said, the wine list is great and the staff very good.Special Features:
- Generally very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Exceptions: wahoo was over-baked; service extremely slow - a WednesdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!bugsyVIPDined on 10/12/2014We tend to revisit our favorite restaurants, but decided to try something new. We will definitely be adding Galisteo Bistro to our list! The food and service were beyond our expectations. It is obvious that they take much time and great pride in their preparation and delivery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCaptainTedDined on 10/12/2014Out of the two signature dishes early Sunday evening Unacceptable for restaurant advertising itself as a place for fresh fish
- Terrific!tjpdallasVIPDined on 10/11/2014Killer food and incredible service. Great location ... loved the bread and evoo infused with special spices and lots of garlic. The prawn and the eggplant were exceptional. The salad dressing was a perfect compliment to the baby spinach. Well Done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most ExcellentAmileVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food was impeccable and our service was perfection; would go back again and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New owners doing well!SgenesVIPDined on 10/11/2014First visit to Galisteo Bistro since the new owners took over in June. Completely new menu now and lots of fresh fish. I had a wonderful piece of swordfish that tasted as though it was just caught. My wife had a steak done to perfection. And the choice of wines continues what Rob had started with different and exciting wines along with some very well known names.Special Features:
- Santa Fe MustGuinnessTootDined on 10/10/2014I would highly recommend that you give this restaurant a try if you are visiting Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.