227 Galisteo Street
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.galisteobistro.com/
- Phone: 5059823700x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Tomas Allan Keller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: The Galisteo Bistro is happy to host your fine dining experience, weddings, graduations, travel parties, large and small please call
Customized menus available.
A word from Galisteo Bistro
A graduate from Le Cordon Bleu, Chef Tomas Allan Keller creates a tasty assortment of international cuisine, specializing in flown in daily seafood from the East Coast. Everything is fresh, made by hand. Organic, naturally sourced from New Mexico or regional ranchers, farmers, provide a culinary delight not found anywhere else in Santa Fe. Experience casual fine dining at it's best. Extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Galisteo Bistro - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Galisteo Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (129)special occasion (88)neighborhood gem (79)romantic (66)notable wine list (62)hot spot (23)good for groups (10)great for lunch (8)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Generally very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Exceptions: wahoo was over-baked; service extremely slow - a WednesdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!bugsyVIPDined on 10/12/2014We tend to revisit our favorite restaurants, but decided to try something new. We will definitely be adding Galisteo Bistro to our list! The food and service were beyond our expectations. It is obvious that they take much time and great pride in their preparation and delivery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCaptainTedDined on 10/12/2014Out of the two signature dishes early Sunday evening Unacceptable for restaurant advertising itself as a place for fresh fish
- Terrific!tjpdallasVIPDined on 10/11/2014Killer food and incredible service. Great location ... loved the bread and evoo infused with special spices and lots of garlic. The prawn and the eggplant were exceptional. The salad dressing was a perfect compliment to the baby spinach. Well Done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most ExcellentAmileVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food was impeccable and our service was perfection; would go back again and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New owners doing well!SgenesVIPDined on 10/11/2014First visit to Galisteo Bistro since the new owners took over in June. Completely new menu now and lots of fresh fish. I had a wonderful piece of swordfish that tasted as though it was just caught. My wife had a steak done to perfection. And the choice of wines continues what Rob had started with different and exciting wines along with some very well known names.Special Features:
- Santa Fe MustGuinnessTootDined on 10/10/2014I would highly recommend that you give this restaurant a try if you are visiting Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DorisDined on 10/8/2014I had the best duck breast I have ever had. My husband also really enjoyed the swordfish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bustling, good foodSmitchelVIPDined on 10/8/2014We went to Galisteo Bistro on a trip to Santa Fe and found the food to be very good. The place was hopping which is always a good sign. The kitchen was efficient and produced each course quickly. The wait staff were helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affordable elegance...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014Great find. For the elegance and ambiance, the food was excellent and no entree was over $30. Service was top notch and we had a great experience. Definitely we'll be back.Special Features:
- ONE OF THE BESTSFFoodScene34Dined on 10/1/2014I imagine that many people here in Santa Fe have been worried about the transition from Robert's excellent restaurant and hospitality -- but we have now been to the "new" Galisteo Bistro twice and, frankly, find the food and wine list even better than before. I certainly would rank this restaurant as one of the best in Santa Fe and one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Great food...long waitFoodeeDined on 9/28/2014We were one of just two groups at the restaurant when we arrived. Appetizers and wine came on a timely basis. After the app, the entrées to 45 minutes and then they served one of us the wrong entrée and claimed we may have ordered wrong. After another wait, we received the correct entrée. The manager said he'd comp the entrée and then did not. At these prices, mediocre service hurts the work of the great chef. The food was delicious! The management needs a better attitude and recovery level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New owner/new menuRayinnmDined on 9/28/2014Four of us had dinner after the Bistro has new menu and new owner. Excellent meal with options for meat, seafood as well as vegetarian. All done in an interesting and tasty way. Great presentation and service. Good wine and beer selections. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite restaurantInkwayDined on 9/27/2014I dined here with friends and we all had excellent meals. The waiter was both professional and delightful (we reminisced about Brooklyn). The menu had so many appealing choices that we joked we had to eat here every day. Our moderatly-priced Italian wine was excellent. Plus, it's within walking distance of my home! We had to wait a bit for our table, about 5 minutes past our reservation. But it was nice to see that they're busy. Lots of restaurants in town are having a hard time I'll be back.Special Features:
- disappointingVon123Dined on 9/27/2014The noise level was so high ,we could not engage in a converstion with our guests withour raising our voice. Though enough servers we could not get the attention of anyone for menu, check, dessert list.. food was mediocre .But tornedos were good. Cheese cake and chocolate were average. We used to come quite often but service,food and noisy atmosphere will keep us from returning. so loud good for kids.Special Features:
- Another Great EveningEatalyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Been here many times and the new owner seems to have made the place even better. Service was a bit off this time which I attribute to a very full house. But a full house this time of year (post tourist season) tells you something about the place. Well worth a visit.Special Features:
- maybe the best food experiencebarryVIPDined on 9/26/2014this was sensational--food was wonderful and plentiful. Service was friendly and attentive. The waiter filleted the fish for my wife at the table and gave us a running lesson on how to do it properly--very charming. We loved this place.Special Features:
- GersonDined on 9/23/2014Excellent service and great food. the menu was unusual in that it had fresh alligator and wild boar. I had grilled snapper with rice. The kitchen was part of the dining room which lent a nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CocoDined on 9/20/2014Food was very good. But the restaurant was a little noisy and small. Price's were high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find for native Santa FeansantafenativeDined on 9/19/2014We went here on a special occasion at the recommendation of our daughter and we were delighted with the choice. The food was terrific and the service was wonderful - not hovering but attentive. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Enjoyable overall but too nosiyEileencDined on 9/19/2014Very warm and attentive owner. Interesting and different menu for Santa Fe. Food was good, but for the price not spectacular (eg sauteed vegetables a little overcooked) . Very noisy but nice- looking decor. Waitstaff must have been too busy as he kept not getting back to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do Not MissBUTCHDined on 9/18/2014This is a supurb place for dinner. The seafood is flown in fresh from Florida so you recognize the red snapper, Florida lobster, etc. A father and son team that is a welcome addition to the foodie side of Santa Fe.Special Features:
- No Competitionfoodman4Dined on 9/17/2014We have eaten here before several years ago under a different owner, we didn't like it. We heard there was ne ownership - what a difference!! Five star food, service, and overall great. The best in Santa Fe. We had the fresh fish, which was caught in the Keys just one day ago and you could tell, the prawns were huge and delicious. The salads are huge and the tournedos melt you can cut them with a fork. We have eaten at many good restaurants in Santa Fe and by far Galisteo is the best in quality, price, and service. Do not miss out on this foodie haven.Special Features:
- Great disappointmentLaineDined on 9/14/2014Our Inn had recommended Galisteo Bistro and we let them know they need NOT ever recommend it again. We asked our waiter about two different entree's and ordered the one he said was the best, most tender (slowly cooked for 6 hours supposedly) and most flavorfull. It was the Bison short ribs - and they were AWFUL! They were tough, gristly, extremely fatty, and not good at all. We each ate about 3 bites and sent all the rest of it back. Then our waiter saw what we had left on our plates and came back to tell us they had taken this menu item off of their menu for the night - and they would comp HALF of our entree! That was so cheap! This was an awful entree - and we should NOT have had to pay for any of it! We'll NEVER go back.
- Not as good as it wasSantaFeFoodieDined on 9/12/2014Service was prompt and friendly, but food was just good. It wasn't great, like it was previously, nor as I'd expect and demand at those prices. Braised short ribs were under done, sweetbreads salty and veggies cold. The cioppino was quite good and the chef's special olive oil is tasty and very fresh. Overall the food was not so bad, just disappointing.
- Really an Italian placeLook4GreatVIPDined on 9/11/2014Promotes itself as global, international cuisine, but is really an Italian restaurant, complete with pizza oven. Please note that recommending that the fish served in Santa Fe is from Florida is not notable for freshness or quality (not until the full consequences of the BP oil disaster become known). Avoid any ocean product from the Gulf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KateDined on 9/11/2014the food, service and atmosphere was superb. Our waiter did not blink when we wanted to split an entrée, and was gracious and attentive. The food was fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/10/2014Simply awesome! This was the best meal and experience on a recent trip to Santa Fe. We will definitely dine again on out next trip to New Mexico.Special Features:
- Excellent waiter, great foodConnieVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was our first visit to Galisteo Bistro and we had a thoroughly wonderful experience enhanced quite a bit by a friendly and very professional waiter. He was knowledgeable about the menu, had a nice personality but was not intrusive, and was always on top of our needs. The food choices were interesting and imaginable and very well prepared. I had the cioppino which was full of seafood and nicely spicy and not the usual soupy variety. My sister had the seafood pasta and liked it a lot, my boyfriend had the Tasmania Steelhead and loved it. A beet salad was another winner as was the hot chocolate dessert. We enjoyed the lively atmosphere but appreciated that we could still talk to one another!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Count on itValUVIPDined on 9/5/2014Food and service you can count on.New owners have made the scene better then ever. Watch out for Open Table not showing all times available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's the best!ShellysantafeDined on 9/5/2014I have so much company and always find that if we go to Galisteo Bistro its a place everyone loves and remembers. Service is so superior to many other restaurants.Special Features:
- A fantastic findDarbyDined on 9/5/2014It's owned by a Grandfather Grandson combination. The Grandfather is the host and does a Fantastic job of making sure that the patron is fully satisfied. The Grandson (a cordon bleu graduate chef) creates some of the most memorable food you will ever have. The menu is all new and the products thereof vary almost every day. The waiters are warm and extremely knowledgeable regarding the wine list and what wines are most desirable for what you are ordering. The food was so tasty and the environment so warm that we had to go back the next night for ou farewell dinner in Santa Fe.Special Features:
- Great dinner!wino4everVIPDined on 9/4/2014Great meal here:very diverse menu with a small but well-thought and fairly priced wine list. Excellent service and best olive oil EVER. They should seriously sell this stuff. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cantanteDined on 9/3/2014Great food. Amazing crab cakes. Service a little harried and disorganized. Appeared to be understaffed on this evening. Restaurant was packed. We will be back.Special Features:
- Fabulous!KnuFoDined on 8/31/2014Best restaurant in Santa Fe - meeting top standards. Incredibly great chef, charming owners. It couldn't be better. A MUST in Santa Fe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!carefreegirlDined on 8/31/2014Perfect for a before concert dinner. The fact that there are "small plates" makes it even better. You are not stuffed for the rest of the evening . Parking is the only problem when the town is full.Special Features:
- myrtleVIPDined on 8/30/2014Loved the setting and the ambience. Service was excellent. However, we were dissapointed with the fish entree. The portion was very tiny (they mentioned it was the last piece) and very overcooked. We started out on a high not and left on a much lower note. The only response when we mentioned the overcooked fish was "we will let the chef no". Everything else was very good, avoid the fish.
- consistently good after 20 tripsraymDined on 8/30/2014problem with most restaurants is consistency. we have dined there over 20 times and found each experience rather special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014First visit, and very impressed with Galisteo Bistro. Will recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!DisapointedVIPDined on 8/23/2014Was very happy with this find! Great food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.