227 Galisteo Street
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.galisteobistro.com/
- Phone: 5059823700x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Tomas Allan Keller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: The Galisteo Bistro is happy to host your fine dining experience, weddings, graduations, travel parties, large and small please call
Customized menus available.
A word from Galisteo Bistro
A graduate from Le Cordon Bleu, Chef Tomas Allan Keller creates a tasty assortment of international cuisine, specializing in flown in daily seafood from the East Coast. Everything is fresh, made by hand. Organic, naturally sourced from New Mexico or regional ranchers, farmers, provide a culinary delight not found anywhere else in Santa Fe. Experience casual fine dining at it's best. Extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Galisteo Bistro - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Galisteo Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (129)special occasion (95)neighborhood gem (81)romantic (67)notable wine list (58)hot spot (23)good for groups (11)great for lunch (8)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good value for Santa FeWillTVIPDined on 10/26/2014Finding good eats in Santa Fe is not difficult, but you usually wind up spending alot for a quality meal. Our party of 6 really enjoyed the menu and staff at Galisteo Bistro. We had a great time. While quite limited, the menu offers tasty options with a seafood slant. I had the Diablo Shrimp which is a dish containing one shrimp - easily the biggest shrimp I've ever seen. I've seen lobsters smaller than this shrimp. While the texture of the shrimp is what you'd expect for such a huge specimen, the accompanying sauce was delicious and the presentation could not be beat! Given the 3 bottles of wine and coffee and dessert, I was quite pleased when I saw the bill. All-in-all, I feel it was a good dining value for Santa Fe.Special Features:
- Love Galisteo Bistro!MACKDined on 10/25/2014This was a fourth or fifth visit to Galisteo Bistro each when visiting Santa Fe and taking guests. All my guests have enjoyed it as well as myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in Santa FeHaroldDined on 10/25/2014What a great find! Visiting Santa Fe, checked out the reviews on Trip Advisor, and picked this spot. We loved the place. It is relatively small, so make reservations. If you get the chance the two tables by the front window are nice. One of the things we loved about this place was the open view into the kitchen. It was amazing to watch how hard the cooks worked to keep everything running smoothly. Food was fantastic, service was excellent, and the hostess a real sweetheart. HIGHLY recommend.Special Features:
- very enjoyable meal!DBABQVIPDined on 10/25/2014Our second time at the restaurant, this time for a full meal (first was just for a couple appetizers). I had the rib-eye and Mrs had the crab trio, both dishes were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014This was one of the best dinners I had in the last year. Sophisticated and excellent food, with a little menu, but perfect. Service was fast, attentive and really nice people. I will recommend this restaurant to everyone that loved a different and really high cuisine.Special Features:
- The steaks were greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Enjoyed our experience at Galisteo Bistro. It was very busy on a Thursday evening, and everyone seemed to be having a good time. The filet mignon was excellent. Not so one of the shrimp appetizers. The presentation of this appetizer was impressive, but the sauce was strange.Special Features:
- Good Food Great ServiceAmarilloCruiseCatVIPDined on 10/22/2014Wife and I were in Santa Fe for our anniversary and wanted to try something new near our hotel. This was a nice find. The service was great. The food was very good, but the portion sizes were too big. Wine list is just OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising neighborhood gemBobbieVIPDined on 10/22/2014The room had only about a dozen tables and some had views of the kitchen. The food was extremely fresh and artist ally prepared. I had the crab cakes for an appetizer and the short ribs for the main course. The sauces were so delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for anyone coming to the downtown area of Sante Fe.Special Features:
- Wonderful celebration!santafefoodieDined on 10/19/2014My sister and I had dinner there this past weekend to celebrate a birthday. We had early dinner reservations, and were greeted professionally by the host, who gave us a pick of our table. Our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. Our water glasses were never empty and our coffee was pressed for us at our table when it was ready. We had a certificate in payment for some of the bill and no one batted an eye. The food was superb - probably the best filet mignon I have ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't mess with success.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014While under the previous ownership, this was our favorite restaurant in Santa Fe. However,the new owner has removed one of the signature dishes from the previous owner's menu-Chicken Saltimbocca. They have substituted a chicken dish in its place which pales in comparison. In fact my wife and I both ordered it and the chicken came out undercooked and was gray in the middle. While we understand that the new owners will want to put their own stamp on the menu, why mess with success? Maybe it would be wiser to keep the trie and proven dishes and experiment elsewhere on the menu. That being said, the wine list is great and the staff very good.Special Features:
- Generally very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Exceptions: wahoo was over-baked; service extremely slow - a WednesdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!bugsyVIPDined on 10/12/2014We tend to revisit our favorite restaurants, but decided to try something new. We will definitely be adding Galisteo Bistro to our list! The food and service were beyond our expectations. It is obvious that they take much time and great pride in their preparation and delivery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCaptainTedDined on 10/12/2014Out of the two signature dishes early Sunday evening Unacceptable for restaurant advertising itself as a place for fresh fish
- Terrific!tjpdallasVIPDined on 10/11/2014Killer food and incredible service. Great location ... loved the bread and evoo infused with special spices and lots of garlic. The prawn and the eggplant were exceptional. The salad dressing was a perfect compliment to the baby spinach. Well Done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most ExcellentAmileVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food was impeccable and our service was perfection; would go back again and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New owners doing well!SgenesVIPDined on 10/11/2014First visit to Galisteo Bistro since the new owners took over in June. Completely new menu now and lots of fresh fish. I had a wonderful piece of swordfish that tasted as though it was just caught. My wife had a steak done to perfection. And the choice of wines continues what Rob had started with different and exciting wines along with some very well known names.Special Features:
- Santa Fe MustGuinnessTootDined on 10/10/2014I would highly recommend that you give this restaurant a try if you are visiting Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DorisDined on 10/8/2014I had the best duck breast I have ever had. My husband also really enjoyed the swordfish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bustling, good foodSmitchelVIPDined on 10/8/2014We went to Galisteo Bistro on a trip to Santa Fe and found the food to be very good. The place was hopping which is always a good sign. The kitchen was efficient and produced each course quickly. The wait staff were helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affordable elegance...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014Great find. For the elegance and ambiance, the food was excellent and no entree was over $30. Service was top notch and we had a great experience. Definitely we'll be back.Special Features:
- ONE OF THE BESTSFFoodScene34Dined on 10/1/2014I imagine that many people here in Santa Fe have been worried about the transition from Robert's excellent restaurant and hospitality -- but we have now been to the "new" Galisteo Bistro twice and, frankly, find the food and wine list even better than before. I certainly would rank this restaurant as one of the best in Santa Fe and one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Great food...long waitFoodeeDined on 9/28/2014We were one of just two groups at the restaurant when we arrived. Appetizers and wine came on a timely basis. After the app, the entrées to 45 minutes and then they served one of us the wrong entrée and claimed we may have ordered wrong. After another wait, we received the correct entrée. The manager said he'd comp the entrée and then did not. At these prices, mediocre service hurts the work of the great chef. The food was delicious! The management needs a better attitude and recovery level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New owner/new menuRayinnmDined on 9/28/2014Four of us had dinner after the Bistro has new menu and new owner. Excellent meal with options for meat, seafood as well as vegetarian. All done in an interesting and tasty way. Great presentation and service. Good wine and beer selections. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite restaurantInkwayDined on 9/27/2014I dined here with friends and we all had excellent meals. The waiter was both professional and delightful (we reminisced about Brooklyn). The menu had so many appealing choices that we joked we had to eat here every day. Our moderatly-priced Italian wine was excellent. Plus, it's within walking distance of my home! We had to wait a bit for our table, about 5 minutes past our reservation. But it was nice to see that they're busy. Lots of restaurants in town are having a hard time I'll be back.Special Features:
- disappointingVon123Dined on 9/27/2014The noise level was so high ,we could not engage in a converstion with our guests withour raising our voice. Though enough servers we could not get the attention of anyone for menu, check, dessert list.. food was mediocre .But tornedos were good. Cheese cake and chocolate were average. We used to come quite often but service,food and noisy atmosphere will keep us from returning. so loud good for kids.Special Features:
- Another Great EveningEatalyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Been here many times and the new owner seems to have made the place even better. Service was a bit off this time which I attribute to a very full house. But a full house this time of year (post tourist season) tells you something about the place. Well worth a visit.Special Features:
- maybe the best food experiencebarryVIPDined on 9/26/2014this was sensational--food was wonderful and plentiful. Service was friendly and attentive. The waiter filleted the fish for my wife at the table and gave us a running lesson on how to do it properly--very charming. We loved this place.Special Features:
- GersonDined on 9/23/2014Excellent service and great food. the menu was unusual in that it had fresh alligator and wild boar. I had grilled snapper with rice. The kitchen was part of the dining room which lent a nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CocoDined on 9/20/2014Food was very good. But the restaurant was a little noisy and small. Price's were high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find for native Santa FeansantafenativeDined on 9/19/2014We went here on a special occasion at the recommendation of our daughter and we were delighted with the choice. The food was terrific and the service was wonderful - not hovering but attentive. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Enjoyable overall but too nosiyEileencDined on 9/19/2014Very warm and attentive owner. Interesting and different menu for Santa Fe. Food was good, but for the price not spectacular (eg sauteed vegetables a little overcooked) . Very noisy but nice- looking decor. Waitstaff must have been too busy as he kept not getting back to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do Not MissBUTCHDined on 9/18/2014This is a supurb place for dinner. The seafood is flown in fresh from Florida so you recognize the red snapper, Florida lobster, etc. A father and son team that is a welcome addition to the foodie side of Santa Fe.Special Features:
- No Competitionfoodman4Dined on 9/17/2014We have eaten here before several years ago under a different owner, we didn't like it. We heard there was ne ownership - what a difference!! Five star food, service, and overall great. The best in Santa Fe. We had the fresh fish, which was caught in the Keys just one day ago and you could tell, the prawns were huge and delicious. The salads are huge and the tournedos melt you can cut them with a fork. We have eaten at many good restaurants in Santa Fe and by far Galisteo is the best in quality, price, and service. Do not miss out on this foodie haven.Special Features:
- Great disappointmentLaineDined on 9/14/2014Our Inn had recommended Galisteo Bistro and we let them know they need NOT ever recommend it again. We asked our waiter about two different entree's and ordered the one he said was the best, most tender (slowly cooked for 6 hours supposedly) and most flavorfull. It was the Bison short ribs - and they were AWFUL! They were tough, gristly, extremely fatty, and not good at all. We each ate about 3 bites and sent all the rest of it back. Then our waiter saw what we had left on our plates and came back to tell us they had taken this menu item off of their menu for the night - and they would comp HALF of our entree! That was so cheap! This was an awful entree - and we should NOT have had to pay for any of it! We'll NEVER go back.
- Not as good as it wasSantaFeFoodieDined on 9/12/2014Service was prompt and friendly, but food was just good. It wasn't great, like it was previously, nor as I'd expect and demand at those prices. Braised short ribs were under done, sweetbreads salty and veggies cold. The cioppino was quite good and the chef's special olive oil is tasty and very fresh. Overall the food was not so bad, just disappointing.
- Really an Italian placeLook4GreatVIPDined on 9/11/2014Promotes itself as global, international cuisine, but is really an Italian restaurant, complete with pizza oven. Please note that recommending that the fish served in Santa Fe is from Florida is not notable for freshness or quality (not until the full consequences of the BP oil disaster become known). Avoid any ocean product from the Gulf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KateDined on 9/11/2014the food, service and atmosphere was superb. Our waiter did not blink when we wanted to split an entrée, and was gracious and attentive. The food was fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/10/2014Simply awesome! This was the best meal and experience on a recent trip to Santa Fe. We will definitely dine again on out next trip to New Mexico.Special Features:
- Excellent waiter, great foodConnieVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was our first visit to Galisteo Bistro and we had a thoroughly wonderful experience enhanced quite a bit by a friendly and very professional waiter. He was knowledgeable about the menu, had a nice personality but was not intrusive, and was always on top of our needs. The food choices were interesting and imaginable and very well prepared. I had the cioppino which was full of seafood and nicely spicy and not the usual soupy variety. My sister had the seafood pasta and liked it a lot, my boyfriend had the Tasmania Steelhead and loved it. A beet salad was another winner as was the hot chocolate dessert. We enjoyed the lively atmosphere but appreciated that we could still talk to one another!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Count on itValUVIPDined on 9/5/2014Food and service you can count on.New owners have made the scene better then ever. Watch out for Open Table not showing all times available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.