227 Galisteo Street
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.galisteobistro.com/
- Phone: 5059823700x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Special Chef Menu on Tuesdays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Tomas Allan Keller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: The Galisteo Bistro is happy to host your fine dining experience, weddings, graduations, travel parties, large and small please call
Customized menus available.
A word from Galisteo Bistro
A graduate from Le Cordon Bleu, Chef Tomas Allan Keller creates a tasty assortment of international cuisine, with a tilt toward Italia, Creole, and southern delicacies. Specializing in seafood, that delivers an innovative flair. Everything is fresh, made by hand. Organic, naturally sourced from New Mexico or regional ranchers, farmers, ad fisherman. Experience casual fine dining at it's best. Extensive wine list, our menu features a variety of salads, small plates, entrees, and desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Galisteo Bistro - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Galisteo Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (111)special occasion (76)neighborhood gem (67)romantic (58)notable wine list (56)hot spot (19)good for groups (10)great for lunch (7)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Perfect for a before concert dinner. The fact that there are "small plates" makes it even better. You are not stuffed for the rest of the evening . Parking is the only problem when the town is full.Special Features:
- consistently good after 20 tripsraymDined on 8/30/2014problem with most restaurants is consistency. we have dined there over 20 times and found each experience rather special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014First visit, and very impressed with Galisteo Bistro. Will recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!DisapointedDined on 8/23/2014Was very happy with this find! Great food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal and Great ServiceSammycakesVIPDined on 8/23/2014We walked past the place on our 1st day in Santa Fe and the delicious smell coming out the front door made us stop and look at the menu. We made reservations as we walked away and we were so glad we did. Great menu and wine selection. The lamb shank and savory gorgonzola torte were absolutely incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful evening.FoodGuyDined on 8/22/2014Galisteo Bistro is truly a wonderful restaurant. The new owners have maintained the quaility of this fine bistro and taken it to a new level. We were welcomed with champaigne while awaiting our table and were mystified by all the action in the kitchen which is visible to the diners. The Chef's Speical Crabcakes (fresh lump crab with mixed organic field greens, scallop mousse and lemon aioli) are simply out of this world. The bread was served with chef's special olive oil. The bread was warm out of the oven, a hearty loaf just delicious. The Florida Snapper perfectly prepared and pleasantly presented. The Bronzino was unbelievable. The service was fabulous, our waiter was very attentive and personable. The atmosphere was fun and exciting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKMjsmdVIPDined on 8/20/2014This is a lovely restaurant with a very pleasant staff, anxious to please, but with very mediocre food. Except for the grilled eggplant which was inedible (and appropriately taken off our bill) the other dishes were bland and uninteresting. I am sorry to have to write a negative review because the staff was so accommodating, but good intentions can't make up for the food which was only fair. I understand there is a new owner, and I would give this place another try after he has more time to address the menu.
- Superb Dinner Spotfoodman4Dined on 8/19/2014The Galisteo Bistro popped up on radar by accident, wow what a find. Our group was tired of the same old fare covered in some sort of green or red chile. We had tried the French place and another Italian place and they were just so so; we were in dire need of a treat. The Bistro was just that, the seafood menu was superb - a party of four we had the Bronzino - a delight I had not seen since being in Europe, another tried the scallop dish - four huge scallops beautifully prepared; finally the bison ribs and filet or as they call it tournedos are to die for. A new dessert called the berry soufflé was good but the mud puddle even better! Don't miss this place - no matter what!Special Features:
- A delightful experiencePupCityDined on 8/19/2014A friend recommended Galisteo Bistro to me-in fact, his exact words were, "Do not miss Galisteo!" So glad I took his advice. Wonderful food-the night we were there it was a limited/chef's menu which (although limited) was outstanding. The service? Awesome-the owner's girlfriend stopped by and told us all about the restaurant, their fabulous chef, etc. I had the duck-perfectly prepared and beautifull presented. Will definitely return on our next visit to SantaFe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little intimate placetrysomethingnewDined on 8/17/2014Very intimate restaurant with a great vibe. The service was excellent, especially "Holly" who took special care of us. We started with oysters Rockerfeller, served in a ramekin, which very good. I had the duck breast with bread pudding, which was a great pairing and well orchestrated. My partner had the crab cake salad which was also very well done. The berry ice cream pie dessert was very good, but needed some time to warm up for the flavors to come out. Definitely worth a return visit next time we are in Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so much.PickypickyDined on 8/16/2014After reading a bunch of reviews on this place we decided to give it a try. The onion tarte we ordered to start had no depth of flavor which never bodes well for the dishes to follow. My husband & I both had the blackened catfish with shrimp & grits, the catfish had tons of seasonings but no real flavor, I did not finish mine, the shrimp & grits were ok but I've had far better. Our friend had the wahoo fish dish which she didn't care for, dessert was good , chocolate something. The wait staff was friendly & attentive & concerned w how we liked the food, we could only tell them the truth & also told them about the fabulous meal we had had the night before at Arroyo Vino, perhaps they can pick their brains. We would not dine here again.
- Great food, once againArtsy01Dined on 8/16/2014Visited the bistro last week--the first time since Rob and Marge sold the place in May to new owners--and I'm delighted to say that the food we had was top-notch. I ordered the wahoo, which was lightly spiced in an unexpected way (a hint of anise perhaps?) , and both entrees were beautifully presented (my fish was served on top a bed of organic roasted veggies). Delicious! We will continue to visit the bistro whenever we're in Santa Fe, and wish the new owners great success in the future.Special Features:
- Another Great Meal at the BistroEatalyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Been here numerous times and it never fails to impress, we think even more with the new owners. We really enjoy the daily specials menu focus on fish and seafood; unusual for Santa Fe dining. The wine list is compact but broad and fairly priced. Service as always is attentive but not pushy. Timing of courses was near perfect with time for wine and conversation but nothing close to the feeling like you've been forgotten. Highly recommend this restaurant as consistently one of the best in Santa Fe.Special Features:
- SuperbCRoseDined on 8/15/2014Excellent cooking; presentation exceptional. Warm friendly atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly, good foodEileencDined on 8/14/2014NIce place but a bit too small for the number of tables, creating a crowded and noisy feel. Food good but has a lot of competitoin in its price range. Very friendly and helpful staff and owner. I do plan to go back after tourist season is over.Special Features:
- Really excelent food!dontgohereDined on 8/13/2014Our food was superb and our waiter was very special...knowledgeable, friendly, helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and deliciousaustindinerDined on 8/10/2014We had the smacafam and it was so delicious. They had a wine on special that night that was sold especially to them from Italy and a perfect accompaniment to our meal. I usually don't finish mr entree but this was too good to leave. Good thing we had a few block walk back to car! The new owner has not missed a beat with this local favorite. Don't miss eating here but suggest reservations.Special Features:
- new ownerBernieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Galisteo has an interesting menu, with some good pasta dishes and unusual meat dishes. It would be nice if the wine by the glass were not so expensive--$12-$14 for not particularly distinguished wines. Likewise, their bottles are marked up quite high. A simple California Pinot Noir, for example, that you can buy for $8 on the Web sells for $34. The owners are checking on tables, making sure things go well and diners are happy. A bit of complimentary port was welcome.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECTACULARraymDined on 8/9/2014WENT THERE FOR MY 68 BIRTHDAY. WITH A SON THAT IS A SCHOOLED PROFESSIONAL CHEF RUNNING A 5 STAR RESTURANT, I CAN BE PICKY. WELL, THIS MEAL WAS MEMORABLE. DIANE HAD THE ELK CHOPS WHICH WERE BEAUTIFUL, PERFECTLY COOKED MEDIUM RARE WITH WONDERFUL AJUS, TENDER, FLAVORFUL, COULD NOT BE BETTER. I ORDERED BISON SHORT RIBS. THEY WERE THE BEST SHORT RIBS I HAVE EVER HAD. DIANE AND I SWAPPED TO THE END. EVERYTHING ELSE WITH THE MEAL WAS PERFECT RIGHT THRU THE DESERT. GALISTEO BISTRO HAS BECOME MY FAVORITE SANTA FE RESTURANT IN A TOWN WITH STIFF COMPETITION.Special Features:
- Best in Santa Fefoodman4Dined on 8/8/2014Dined with a group of friends; we have been visiting for a week, tired of the same old same old we made reservations and hoped for something different. Boy were delighted, the place was packed but our table was readily available. The bistro is small but energetic and the food SPECTACULAR!! Gnocchi and other fine Italian fare coupled with the BEST seafood in New Mexico. Portions are huge and desserts too. One of the best wine lists in Santa Fe. Glad we found you Galisteo Bistro we will return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014The new owner/chef have made some welcome additions to the menu. The service was excellent. It was very nice to see an old favorite revived.Special Features:
- Outstanding dining experienceLRfoodieDined on 8/5/2014We have eaten there on several Santa Fe visits. This time was outstanding from all perspectives. The young chief did a great job on the fresh fish special. The host, grandfather of the chief, made the dining experience very special. Look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointingElsvwDined on 8/3/2014We are repeat diners and as before, our meal was excellent. If there is a comment, it would be the fact they had run out of 5 !! of their items on the menu. This place is a gem and not to be missedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great owner but food inconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014The new owner goes out of his way to make diners feel welcome. Some of our food was very good but some not so much. The waiter did not attend very carefully. Even when he saw our wine glasses were about empty he didn't come. His deboning of a fish left many bones.
- DianeDianeDined on 8/1/2014Just fantastic! We loved the menu, food, and service.Special Features:
- delightful eveningalwaysthere1VIPDined on 8/1/2014Because our table was not quite ready when we arrived, the delightful owner and host greeted us with a complimentary glass of champagne! Way to go! The atmosphere is charming, the wine list is comprehensive, and the menu selection was so wonderful that it was difficult to make a selection. The appetizer shrimp with garlic and butter was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris Bistro in Santa FeBorntoTravelDined on 8/1/2014It reminded me of a Paris Bistro, lively and energetic. The food was great. The oysters are flown so not on the half shell, but served as Shooters and as Oysters Rockefeller. The Shooters were recommended by the the waiter, Luis, and he was right, much better than the Oysters Rockefeller. The Scarlet Red Snapper was fantastic, served at the table and cooked to perfection. One of the diners ordered the Duck and said it was the best he has had at any restaurant in Santa Fe. The Boar ravioli left a little to be desired, the pasta was too tough. The best part of the evening was our waiter, Luis. He is so knowledgeable about the food and especially the wines. He recommended a wine that was unbelievable. Perfect for every dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in Santa FepinnaclepeakdinerDined on 7/31/2014Galisteo Bistro saved our stay in Santa Fe. Many of the fine restaurants we had enjoyed on previous visits to Santa Fe over the past 10 years are gone, presumably due to the overall decline of tourists and art lovers to the town. It has become hard to find a truly good restaurant, where there were once too many to try in a week-long visit. Galisteo Bistro is of that original tradition and a very welcome find! They still know how to put on a great dinner, beginning with an intimate ambience, white tablecloths, waiters who know the menu and know how to be there when you need them yet never hover over you or interrupt unnecessarily, to food and wine that are superb. We look forward to dining again at Galisteo Bistro on our next visit.Special Features:
- One of the best in Santa FeDoclindaDined on 7/31/2014We ate dinner here during a severe storm before going to the opera. It was the best meal we had during our 4 day stay in Santa Fe: the food was excellent, the service most attentive and the ambience very pleasant with a full view of the open kitchen. The crab cakes were perfectly prepared and the ice cream pie was most delectable. Wishing this restaurant much success into the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sftownieDined on 7/31/2014Great place, good range of starters and entrees with meat, fish and vegetarian offering.s. The crab cakes are the best I've hadSpecial Features:
- StopitcatDined on 7/30/2014Service was rushed and incomplete. Wait person did not offer to describe menu options or any specials ( there were some). Ordered beer which came half full of foam. Sent that back for proper pour. A series of small but annoying omissions made meal less than enjoyable
- Food FightlookingforagoodlunchVIPDined on 7/30/2014Galisteo Bistro recently changed hands and the results are not promising. I went to lunch with a friend The service was horrible - we waited a long time for someone to take our order and had to ask the owner/manager to fetch our drinks. We ordered Crab Louie, which the menu claimed featured a buttermilk ranch dressing and lump crab meat. There was no evidence of the dressing on the greens. When we pointed out to the manager that there was no buttermilk dressing on the salad, he insisted there was. Really? A thick, creamy dressing is easy to see and there was none. He was rude - the customer is apparently always wrong in this restaurant. It is possible that the food is good. We decided it wasn't worth a fight to find out.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The specials were delicious. The food was cooked perfectly. The staff was friendly and genuinely cared about the diners experience. Good evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014this is just a comment: My first experience was for lunch and it was quite lovely- exceptionally fine food and environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My best find in 10 yearsPhoodieDined on 7/19/2014I stumbled on this one for my anniversary get-away to Santa Fe. We were both delighted with the food, wine, waitstaff, and general ambiance. The owners are very hands-on and friendly. The duck breast was awesome, Redfish Etouffe really worked, and the scallop ceviche was a nice new expereince. THis was our forst visit, but it will not be our last.Special Features:
- Hot Spot in Santa Fe!santafenewbie2Dined on 7/19/2014So I dined at the Galisteo Bistro for the second time bringing my clients!! Boy were they impressed!!! We started off with the squash Flan "Delectable" as well as the BEST Crab Cakes any of us have ever had!! For dinner we all got something different and the Duck was cooked and tasted Amazing!! I personally had the Fillet, which was called some like the Toranado's...well lets just say I only used my Fork, Beautifully seasoned as well. The place was buzzing and everyone seemed so attentive and friendly! This is I think the best place for dinner in Santa Fe!! We love it here and Brant the owner and his Gran Son Allen the head Chef...Yes and he's only 22....Are making a mark on this town for years to come! Thanks for the wonderful times....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary TripSteveDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I recently visited the restaurant and found the food and service outstanding. I was served a bottle of wine that was "corked" and the proprietor personally came to our table to offer up several replacement suggestions (evening giving me some tastings of various wines). Very good food and friendly service. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFoodlover102Dined on 7/18/2014From appetizers to dessert, the Galisteo Bistro knows its "stuff." The menu is relatively small, which has its pros and cons, but each dish is prepared well and served with pride. We especially want to thank Brant who made our party of 6 feel at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly Perfect!PattiLVIPDined on 7/18/2014Really great experience from the moment we entered to our departure. The staff makes you feel so welcome! We had red fish étouffée and beef tournedos. Melt in your mouth good. I have to say the steak was juicier & tastier than a recent experience at Geronimos's! Dessert was awesome. My husband wanted to share but he had to order his own, it was that good! Called Mud Puddle. Don't walk, run to this restaurant!Special Features:
- Locals ReviewLocalsNightOutDined on 7/18/2014Extensive menu and excellent service. We were early diners and it was noisy when we arrived and got worse the later it got.Special Features: