209 Bourbon St.
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.galatoires.com/
- Phone: 5045252021
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Sunday; 12:00pm - 10:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, French
- Executive Chef: Michael Sichel
- Dress Code: Jacket Required
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Galatoire's Restaurant
The grand dame of New Orleans' old-line restaurants, Galatoire’s has remained committed to culinary excellence for more than a century. Under the guidance of the fourth generation of family ownership, it is her time-honored customs that still bind this renowned restaurant. Above all others, her rich tradition of serving authentic French Creole cuisine at a level that raises consistency to an art form. It is often said that the beauty of Galatoire’s is that things never change. Even after 100 years, ageless New Orleans favorites grace her menu just as they did in 1905.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Galatoire's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- We had a wonderful diningfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 11/20/2012We had a wonderful dining experience. Our server Ralph made it a very memorable evening :).Special Features:
- I had booked reservation thinkingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/11/2012I had booked reservation thinking I would be upstairs and we were seated downstairs with all the NOISE. He said there was a large party upstairs which I interpreted to say, you have 3, spend less money, so we move you downstairs and book larger party up who will spend more. Not likely to go again. One appetizer was terrible and waiter brought another--shrimp probably had been sitting around for hours--no taste to shrimp and sauce bland,Special Features:
- For the name, not that serious.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/3/2012This is a place you take a group, because romance is not the scene here. For all the positive talk AND dress requirements about this place the food and atmosphere were only so - so.Special Features:
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/3/2012A significant disappointment. The food was just very weak. The ambiance is nice, old style New Orleans. There are just too many newer and better restaurants.
- We feel that Galatoire's isOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/3/2012We feel that Galatoire's is one of New Orleans finest restaurant. We consistently love the fine food and service that Galatoires offers.Special Features:
- Galatoires continues to pleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/3/2012Galatoires continues to please with impressive, delicious food, impeccable service, and a quality control program that defines the restaurant industry. The stuffed eggplant has survived decades without a change and does not one.....simply fabulous. The service staff was friendly and made dining there a personal experience. We returned for a second visit on this trip to New Orleans and will never visit the city again without Galatoires on our agenda.Special Features:
- Always WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/2/2012Never disappoints. We were treated very well at a 40th birthday lunch that will not be forgotten.Special Features:
- I always enjoy eating here.KnitgalahDined on 10/30/2012I always enjoy eating here. I usually order the crabmeat Madison and the crabmeat au gratin. I was not disappointedSpecial Features:
- delicious classic new orleansOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2012delicious classic new orleans food. old world feel, old world service. really enjoyed.Special Features:
- Loud, but this the place localsNOGrumpyDined on 10/20/2012Loud, but this the place locals go to. Great experience.Special Features:
- Classic!mj467VIPDined on 10/20/2012Was everything it was supposed to be. Always has been and always will be. Every fish dish was superb and fresh and decadent. Crab additions perfect. Wonderful fresh plump shrimp. Wine list is superb and has decent affordable selections. Remains one of the best for a special occasion.
- Excellent choice for a romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2012Excellent choice for a romantic birthday celebration. Shawn was an excellent server with the right recommendations.Special Features:
- Disappointing GalatoireOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2012I had high expectations for Galatoires, being an iconic NO landmark. Sadly I was disappointed, the food was mediocre and the place excessively noisy. A place however to be be seen rather than eat, since it would appear that many of NO's movers and shakers dine there. I had eaten at Emerile's and Muriels also and there I was treated to thoughtful, well prepared, well thought out food. Not so at Galatoire.
- Always ConsistentpccmikeDined on 10/16/2012The food is consistently great. The restaurant has been for a long time and you can always count on the food, service and quality to always be of the highest level possible. Thanks for keeping the traditions alive and well.Special Features:
- I had not been back here inOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/14/2012I had not been back here in about 10 years (in New Orleans there are too many restaurants to pick from). The last time here I thought it was perhaps the best meal I had ever had. I cannot waver too far from that after this meal. If you want outstanding, melt in your mouth seafood, and extremely high-end service, give it a try. One notable distinguishing characteristic is that when you arrive they ask if you have a choice of waiter. Maybe I don't get around enough but I cannot recall another restaurant that has done that. I do not think it matters much because all the waiters are extremely professional. Overall, the best service we have had in quite some time. The restaurant is very expensive, however it is undeniably worth it!Special Features:
- Wonderful service but VERYOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2012Wonderful service but VERY noisy. Food was fine but not what I was expecting given the reputation. Gumbo was pedestrian.
- We made reservation for theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2012We made reservation for the 2nd floor dining room that is quieter than the first floor. Service was excellent. Pompano and red fish were done just right. Red fish portion was a little on the small side but okay. A classic restaurant in NO that can be trusted for reliable, consistent food and service. Entrees are limited, as is the case at most classic/Cajun restaurants in NO.Special Features:
- Absolutely perfect but didn'tHawkeyeVIPDined on 10/12/2012Absolutely perfect but didn't know reservations were ONLY for the upstairs. Also the dress code, dating back to 1860, should be noted in the reservation. It is different than any NY or Paris restaurant.Special Features:
- We went to Galatoire's becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/6/2012We went to Galatoire's because of it's reputation while on vacation with friends in New Orleans. However, we found that it was way over rated. My food was cold, and all 4 meals were mediocre at best. For the price, there are far better restaurants in New Orleans.
- Very enjoyable dinner. WonderfulDFW1VIPDined on 9/28/2012Very enjoyable dinner. Wonderful classic New Orleans cuisine that is always consistent and delicious. Nothing new or cutting edge.Special Features:
- Amazing atmosphere and shrimpLunchaliciousVIPDined on 9/28/2012Amazing atmosphere and shrimp étouffée but was charged for an extra drink. Would return for food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- The best meal of my lifeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2012Galatoire's was recommended by a friend who has traveled the world and considers Galatoire's the best meal of his life. I absolutely agree. The staff was wonderful, knowledgeable and very attentive. I had red fish meuniere amandine and my guest had red fish with lemon and capers. The texture and flavors of both dishes were heavenly. It is, by far the best meal I have ever had. I highly recommend it to anyone who want a dining experience to remember.Special Features:
- Food and service were outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/25/2012Food and service were outstanding especially duck crepe appetizer. Our waiter, Ralph, added to the dining experience with his attention to detail and life-long knowledge of New Orleans. Restaurant is a bit dated but keeping up its 107 year reputation. It's still around for good reason!Special Features:
- Save your Money - Eat ElsewhereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2012Appetizers were very good. Main course (we had fish) was dry and not very well seasoned. For the price we paid I thought the food was rather disappointing.Special Features:
- Food was expensive and a jacketAliyDined on 9/20/2012Food was expensive and a jacket is required.There are so many choices in the French Quarter to try so we probably wouldn't go back. Kind of "stuffy" atmosphere.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2012We had a gift certificate from our children. The entire experience was outstanding. We had lunch just before leaving to drive back to Dallas and talked about how good it was several times during the ride home. We had Oysters Rochefeller and Crabmeat Maison to start. I am happy to say that a recipe card for both were included with out gift certificate. Can't wait to to try them. Looking forward to a return tripSpecial Features:
- Good food, right portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2012Good food, right portions and excellent ambiance. Love everybody joining in to sing happy birthday. Says a lot about the vibrant city of NOLA.Special Features:
- Gallatoire's is dependly great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012Gallatoire's is dependly great. Only annoyance was that we had to ask to see the restaurant week menu - wasn't offered up frontSpecial Features:
- Best in New OrleansOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2012Best food we had in New Orleans! The waitress was VERY informative and efficient. She explained each menu item in detail and told us about the history of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Best meal in the Big Easy.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2012Best meal in the Big Easy. There are lots and lots of tourist restaurants and this is not one of them. Locals have been eating this stuff for the last 107 years.Special Features:
- Dated, tired appearance .OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2012Dated, tired appearance . Loud, extremely bright (something I would never usually complain about). I'm generally all in favor of nostalgia, but to me it just seems to lack any innovation at all.
- Fine dining in the French QuarterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2012Elegant dining in the French Quarter. The food was incredible in taste and value. Scott, our server, was very familiar with the menu and helpful with selections. Food came out promptly with wonderful presentation and flavor.
- Amazing experience - richTCP12Dined on 8/26/2012Amazing experience - rich with history! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- We went for the coolinaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2012We went for the coolinary lunch which was a great deal!! The bbq shrimp and stuffed pompano were absolutely delicious! It was an overall really good experience.Special Features:
- Lives up to the legendgrisgrismanDined on 8/25/2012Our first visit despite living in New Orleans for 18 years. To put it simply it was a wonderfulndining experience all the way around. We'll be regulars now.Special Features:
- Super service! Excellent food(escarOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2012Super service! Excellent food(escargots, fois gras, delicious desserts). This New Orleans landmark restaurant hosts a wild and crazy lunch business on Friday! We had a quieter table upstairs which was perfect. Make reservations for this NOLA treasure.Special Features:
- ISSAC hit when I wrote a review.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012ISSAC hit when I wrote a review. The Pompano had about four thin small bones in it. I wanted the fish to be bone free. This sort of messed the experience up for me. Thanks, Carol TrumboSpecial Features:
- I went for a summer specialLynnDined on 8/24/2012I went for a summer special but was treated like royalty. The pompano stuffed with seafood was delicious. The wait staff was very helpful and gracious and I even had a lovely conversation with the owner-manager, Mr. John Gooch. On other occasions, I have enjoyed the seafood salads, the fried eggplant sticks, the stuffed eggplant, the oysters fried with bacon.Special Features:
- Service was outstanding indinerVIPDined on 8/21/2012Service was outstanding in everyway. Both fishes were new for us northerners and they were superb. We are happy we took our waiter's recommendation.
- birthday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012Very crowded downstairs but this is a New Orleans tradition for locals to hang out see friends. Bottle of wine, meal for two, tip $185.00Special Features: