2731 Pacific Coast Highway
Torrance, CA 90505Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gaetanosonline.com/
- Phone: (310) 326-3354
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am – 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: starting at 10:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cocktails, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: You provide the location, we"ll provide the service and homemade foods. Our team will coordinate, organize, set up, serve and clean your location so you can enjoy your event. Our catering department offers pick up, delivery, delivery set up or full service catering. One of our catering professionals would be happy to answer any of your questions.
A word from Gaetano's Restaurant
Six time winner of the Daily Breeze"s "Best Italian Restaurant in the South Bay," Gaetano's Restaurant is a family owned operation that emphasizes food quality and radiant guest service. We feel the most important part of Gaetano's is the experience. From the second you walk in our door, it is our duty to make your visit memorable. All of our food is handmade from the Butternut Squash Ravioli to the Osso Bucco Veal Shank. Our Authentic Italian dishes with a modern touch sends guest's home happy and wanting more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gaetano's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (3)romantic (2)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Gaetano's is my favorite restaurantRtdnsnfodlvrDined on 11/20/2014Gaetano's is a place for a romantic dinner for two or a place to meet your friends for Happy Hour. The food is delicious and the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit regularly for good reasonfoodieDined on 11/20/2014Great resturant for lunch ore dinner. Service and food are always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch at Gaetano's!Marya01Dined on 11/19/2014We had a very nice lunch with very good service. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 177 reviews are from the Gaetano's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Excellent local Italiian restaurantWalteriaLocalDined on 3/15/2014This was our first time. We stopped by the Wine Shoppe next door for wine tasting, selected a wine for purchase and took it to Gaetano's for our reservation, which provide free corkage from the Wine Shoppe. We we're seated outside on the nice patio as requested on the open table reservation. The service was excellent. We had scallops for an appetizer. I had the Chilean Sea Bass for my entree. It was cooked to perfection. Firm and moist. My partner had the lobster which she said was excellent. I am glad to have this place local in our community and plan to return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for TakeoutFoodiesDined on 3/10/2014We picked Gaetano's based on the positive reviews on opentable and were looking forward to a relaxed evening with tasty homemade-style Indian cuisine. We ordered a variety of dishes, and they were flavorful and well prepared. The only one thing that left us puzzled was the service, which was a turnoff. Perhaps try it as a takeout, the food was pleasant.
- All orders are made after orderedRKimDined on 3/8/2014Excellent place for small meals with friends and family. Our servers also very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. My friend and I had Ground Filet Mignon Cannelloni. My husband had Ground Chicken w/spinach Cannelloni, my other friend had "Pear And Gorgonzola Salad" along with Eggplant Parmigiana. The pasta was kind of in between crepes and pasta, we all thought this was well made. We couldn't pass the desert so ordered "today's special" apple, nuts and bread pudding desert and came in generous portion. We enjoyed the freshness of the desert because they were making after we ordered it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real taste of ItalySteveDined on 3/4/2014Best Italian in the Southbay, hands down. I had a favorite place in St. Louis, Mo and Omaha, NE, but when I moved to California, no one really knew how to do Italian. My friends were born and raised in Italy and my wife is from New Jersey, we know good Italian food. I thought I would never find a good Italian place in California. Then one night, after convincing my wife and myself that I should try another place, I found Heaven. This place cooks up amazing flavors. Tuesday nights are family night and the amount of quality food you get for $50 is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian food in the South Bay'MikeDined on 3/1/2014The food and service here are excellent. nice atmosphere but can be a little loud at times (might be the wine talking). We have eaten here many time and have tried a variety of menu items. They all have been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mama mia whata wonderful place!!NipperVIPDined on 2/21/2014I just discovered this place in Jan of this year and have been there four more times and it's only Feb 23!! It is great!!! The food is reasonably prices. the service is so friendly and helpful. You must make dinner reservations as it gets super busy. GO and enjoy.Special Features:
- ChickenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2014Had the Pasta Sonoma dish and the chicken was the most dried out and overcooked chicken I have ever had. Very disappointed in the dish. Previous dinners were always outstanding. My partner, however, enjoyed her dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2014I live out of town but on every visit Gaetano's is a must. Great food and great service equals a great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time HereSilverOakBobDined on 2/4/2014First time here. Came on Tue "Family Night" where 4 people can dine for a great price. Waiter was very attentative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good except for one problemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2014I've been to Gaetano's many times, but this night I ordered their porcini mushroom lasagne (a special) and altho tasty, it was VERY small. I don't even eat that much and my male dinner companions were astounded. I told the waiter who agreed that it was small, but could only offer a dessert. The better move would have been to take the salad off the bill.....When I was a restaurant manager I would have wanted to be told about it. The portion looked like the last one in the pan where everyone else had taken too large a serving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine neighborhood ItalianrestaurantbabajeanVIPDined on 1/30/2014My husband, son & I enjoyed our dinner at Gaetano's on Thursday. My husband & I went for the $25 wine night menu because it included 3-ounce wines paired w/ each of the 3 courses! Everything was delicious. The wine night menu changes each Thursday but we will definitely be back on a Thursday! My son chose the $25 3-course LA Restaurant Week meal w/ salmon as the entree (he doesn't drink wine). He said it was very good. Service was also excellent. I would highly recommend this neighborhood restaurant for well prepared, delicious Italian food at moderate prices.Special Features:
- Great time was had by all!Marya01Dined on 1/11/2014We had a wonderful time and terrific food! No one rushed us out the door.Special Features:
- Great Italian RestaurantJR0213Dined on 1/11/2014My wife and I have dined at Gaetano's several times over the last 4 years, and have greatly enjoyed each time.Special Features:
- Good Itlaian FoodTouristDined on 1/7/2014I went to visit my husband who is working on a project in Redondo Beach and I wanted some good Italian food. I looked a couple of places and was very glad I choose Gaetano's. It was so good we came back the next night! We don't have an Italian restaurant in Bend, ORSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian food in South BaySchmack8Dined on 1/4/2014The food at Gaetano's is great !! And it is very warm and comfortable. I enjoyed the spaghetinni w/ meatballs but have also had the lasagna (which was also good) at an earlier time. My wife enjoyed the mushroom ravioli and my in-laws were happy with the wild salmon and chicken parmesan as well. The staff is always attentive but not annoyingly so. Always a blast when someone has a birthday !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian jointSatniteDined on 12/27/2013Went here for 1st time with family. Cute place, great server, good wine great bread/oil and herbs, food just ok. We had penne with veggies, chicken Marsala, lasagna and all were just ok. Would try something else next time. Server was great with young daughter. Dessert was Nutella bread pudding and it was delicious!Special Features:
- My husband had worked forLisaDined on 11/24/2013My husband had worked for the Giulliano family for many years; the quality and taste of their foods has always been top notch. Oddly, for as long as they have been across from the Rolling Hills Plaza, my husband and I had never eaten at Gaetano's....until two Sunday's ago on and for our wedding anniversary. We made the right choice. The food and service was wonderful, the best. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodPVDebDined on 11/13/2013A family oriented, nice local restaurant that is family friendly and who's food will not disappoint. The owner makes her rounds to each table and personally ensures that her customers are happy and satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like the variety of choicesNancDined on 11/9/2013I like the variety of choices on the menu. True Italian foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!BarbaraDined on 11/9/2013Love this neighborhood gem. Always have a great meal. Debbie is our favorite waitress.Special Features:
- As always, the food and servicesbroDined on 11/3/2013As always, the food and service are always exceptional at this restaurant.Special Features:
- my fav italiannumberoneItalianDined on 11/1/2013Excellent food as usual. Great for girls get together and romantic atmosphere. I love the variety in the menu and that its part of Guilianos as I have been going there since 1959 when I first moved out from MassachusettsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had the pear and gorgonzolaLoloDined on 11/1/2013I had the pear and gorgonzola salad. It was good. We also had the Penne with Aspargus. The Penne was undercooked. The flavor was however good. The portions were very nice also.Special Features:
- Very good dining experience.StanVIPDined on 10/26/2013Very good dining experience. I was just a little supprised that the Linguini pescatore, when rice was substituted for pasta,, no longer had clams, mussels, or other seafood, but only scallops.Special Features:
- Best Italian food aroundMikeDined on 10/18/2013This is by far the best Italian food in our area. Reasonable priced, good portions with great taste.Special Features:
- Went to restaurant for a birthdayninatina1Dined on 10/10/2013Went to restaurant for a birthday dinner, made reservation on internet and it was very easy. Once we arrived they gave us GREAT service and the food was wonderful. My friends had not been before and all said they would be returning.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodjbdbVIPDined on 10/6/2013We were here last weekend and liked it so much we returned to celebrate a friends birthday. When I made the reservations I indicated that we were there for a birthday. There was no acknowledgement of it at all. The food was great but the service could use a bit more attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely for lunchKatherineDined on 9/26/2013I took my colleague out for lunch to say thank you. We sat outside as the weather was lovely and although the inside was quite crowded, no one was sitting outside. We exchanged the chairs from the next table as the ones we were sitting in were too low and tipped back too much! We only had half sandwich and salad, which was good. My colleague ordered the special sandwich. Food was all fine and just enough. We would have like the wait staff to look after us a small amount more, but we were the only ones outside, so thought that was the reason. All in all, a lovely lunch where we felt free to stay and chat for hours with no pressure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableMikeDined on 9/21/2013Gaetano's is a hidden gem. Their food is outstanding! We have eaten there probable 10 times in the past year. I'm not real adventurous when it come to eating but there isn't a meal on the menu that I wouldn't order. They have some great specials. They do get crowded so I would recommend reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening at Gaetano'sMikeDined on 9/17/2013This one is to remember. I had the OSSO BUCCO. This is my test item on any menu. If you can make a great OSSO BUCCO you have a great restaurant. This dish has to be done right with lots of care and seasoned to perfection. . OB takes 4 hours or more to get to perfection. This one was perfect. Congratulations Gaetano !Special Features:
- Realiable food and service.pet4daisyVIPDined on 9/12/2013Realiable food and service. Noise level can get very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent with greattheinteriordsgrDined on 9/4/2013Always consistent with great service and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Discovery!PinkHouseDined on 9/1/2013We're so happy to have discovered Gaetano's! We love the " classic" Italian restaurant atmosphere with just the right music (Some Sinatra, of course). I had a perfect eggplant parmigiana! NOT drowning in sauce. Even the bread is super. (We think its from Giuliano's.) Gaetano's is a bit of a drive for us, but so worth it. A new favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerkumaDined on 8/30/2013had read yelp reviews and though we would try it. food was good, but just ok.... flavors not quite there kinda bland. in the end, just another average place to get food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, best of the south bayPeskyPescetarianVIPDined on 8/16/2013Gaetano's has always been a local favorite, and I was very happy to see they earned the "Best of the South Bay" for italian. Bravo! == John ==Special Features:
- Better for Lunch than Dinnermgm21Dined on 8/14/2013Food Quality was Fair ... Servings were Moderate for Prices Charged ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantJacksonDined on 8/6/2013I take my girlfriend to this restaurant on special occasions. We order the tasting menu, and 9 times out of 10 we order the butternut squash ravioli. The service is great here, I have yet to be disappointed. The menu is full of wonderful food and the prices are extremely reasonable for the outstanding quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.