3760 Tejon Street
Denver, CO 80211-2926Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gaetanositalian.com/
- Phone: 3034559852
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Dinner: Su-Th 5:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We host several local entertainers; check our website, Facebook page or call for details.
- Special Events: Our live music series starts out the New Year with live music on Thursday, Jan. 10th AND Thursday, Jan. 24th.
Thursday, Jan. 10th welcomes back Lee with his blues and rock tunes. Performance begins at 9:00pm
Thursday, Jan. 24th features Michael, a contemporary jazz artist with a special guest performer! Michael will start at 8:30pm
A word from Gaetano's
Housed in the historic North Denver Highlands Gaetano"s was originally opened in the 1930's by the Smaldone family. Today it is an homage to the classic cocktail era with leisurely lunches, rustic and fresh Italian food and a late night neighborhood gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gaetano's reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)special occasion (31)romantic (24)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (19)notable wine list (16)late-night find (10)hot spot (8)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Good food and serviceGibvaterDined on 7/18/2014I hadn't been here since they remodeled a few years back. That atmosphere is nice and retro. I went with a large group including kids and we had great service. Everyone loved their food. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great food...needs some shadeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2014Always a fan of Gaetano's and would definitely go back. However, they do need to fix their window shades. Evening dinners have the setting sun blazing through their western windows and the gaps in the sun shades basically have some customers staring blindingly into the sun for a good hour during dinner (while seated inside). Quick fix! Great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good old fashioned ItalianMikeCVIPDined on 7/11/2014This is a good old fashioned Italian restaurant that was recently renovated. The food was very good, and they had a Frank Sinatra impersonator on Friday who was very good.Special Features:
- JonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014I took my 4 kids and wife to dinner and had a great meal. Food portions are great and the food is even better. I love everything about this place. A real fun place to take family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood patrondinersdreamVIPDined on 7/5/2014Absolutely fantastic! Service was the best, menu was the best, food was the best, price point was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wait for the specialsbcitalianfoodloversDined on 7/2/2014While Gaetano's has a fine regular menu, the specials are always worth waiting for. Each of the three of us had a different one, and all of us were quite pleased.Special Features:
- Avoid Gaetano's!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/29/2014Made reservations for a Sunday evening family dinner 3 days in advance at 6:15 pm. Arrived and were seated right on time, that was the only high point of the evening. It took us 20 minutes to get served with water and bread. Waited another 10 minutes for them to take our drink order. After another 10 minutes the waitress took our dinner order and made the excuse that the bartender was just busy. The family of 6 seated next to us had been there since 6:00 pm and had only received water, bread, and a cocktails in an HOUR! After 50 minutes and numerous excuses by our waitress, we got up and walked out!!! The restaurant was not full when we arrived but was when we left. Almost NO FOOD was coming out of the kitchen! We will NEVER return!
- great brunch!tih00Dined on 6/29/2014I had been for dinner before ad enjoyed it, so when I saw they recently opened for Sunday brunch, decided to check it out. The service was great, the food was great and the prices were very reasonable. Will definitely be back and trying s something else on the menu as it was hard to make a decision.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset Heat & Traffic a ProblemOLDNOONEDined on 6/28/2014We were seated at a west side table. The sun was relentless, and despite lowering some shades, the gaps in these ill-fitting covers allowed glare from the sun to blind us, and the open western side of the restaurant let in all the heat and traffic noise. We tried to get our waitress's attention to reseat us, but finally just moved ourselves to a booth out of the sun. There was some complaint from the server and her supervisor that this booth was reserved, but finally we were allowed to stay. We ate our dinner and sat to visit for awhile afterward. The "reserved party" never appeared. Our daughter has MS, and cannot tolerate excessive heat. Our food was very good. Service sketchy. $7.00 drafts seems high!!Special Features:
- been going there for many yearsjodieVIPDined on 6/26/2014wonderful recipes - the remodeling made a huge difference - lots of traffic noise on the patio - very loud music but they turned it down - the lasagna is wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Once we got seated...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/25/2014Food and overall experience was good. We had made a reservation for 7:15 and was not seated till 7:30 so that was alittle annoying. But once we were seated our experience was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely way to finish a vacation.OutofTownerDined on 6/24/2014This resturaunt was amazing. I was in town visiting family and they had been to Gaetano's before. From the outside I didn't quite know what to expect but once I stepped inside I knew it was going to be wonderful. We had the reservation and we were seated right away. The alcoholic beverages we ordered were delicious and made just fight. The food was amazing! Easily the best place we ate at during our vacation. I highly recommend Gaetano's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very hood Italian cuisineItalianluvs2dineDined on 6/21/2014My husband is Italian and very few restaurants meet his standards. This one did. Their meatballs were just like our family recipe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner reviewLisaGdineDined on 6/21/2014Food and wine selection outstanding. Highly recommend this restaurant to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!GabyDined on 6/6/2014The food was delicious and I really enjoyed the entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Italian FoodapchaveyDined on 5/31/2014Had a craving for Italian food and took a chance on Gaetano's and we were pleasantly surprised by great food and drink. The service was prompt and very helpful. Maxwell, our waiter, was quick to answer any questions and explained the menu to us. I had the special which was scallops and shrimp in a brandy cream sauce, it was wonderful! My wife had the scallop dinner with risotto and asparagus, it too was fantastic. I highly recommend Gaetanos fit old school Italian food. Hearty and filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the showSchultz132VIPDined on 5/30/2014Took some friends to Gaetano's after a show downtown. It was 10 p.m. and we wanted dinner. They were so accommodating and they food was great. I had the Branzino - it was delicious. Also, they have a nice variety of Italian wines.Special Features:
- Lost it's charmartlover1Dined on 5/30/2014I am a Denver native and had hoped that Gaetano's had returned to the way it used to be back in the 70's. Good authentic italian food…… not so. I had the lasagna which was ok but not exceptional and my husband had the peppers and sausage, which was just ok too. There are no smells of garlic cooking in the kitchen, like the old days. Maybe all of the food is just frozen and prepared in a microwave oven? Our waitress was horrible too. When we asked her things about the menu and the happy hour drinks she didn't know anything. It was as if she just started that night. Wasn't helpful at all. Also, very over priced for what you get. In the good old days of Gaetano's you would get a soup and salad with every meal, nothing comes with the meal now.
- Excellent food!Melly68Dined on 5/28/2014Great place, but we went when the sun was setting so it was really hot. My husband actually got sunburn on his neck. So go after the sun sets and it's cooler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceFoodloverDined on 5/27/2014We have been here a few times. This was a special occasion and I SPECIFICALLY requested a table not near the kitchen and they put us at the table closest to the kitchen doors, so that was disappointing. There were numerous open tables and it was a 7 pm reservation on a weeknight so I don't understand this at all. Otherwise the food was fantastic wine was excellent and the service was also top-notch. The tour was also a special treat :)Special Features:
- Better Than Ever ExpectedJodyDined on 5/24/2014I've known about Gaetano's for years but had never been. I had an unfounded idea that because it was such an old, classic Denver restaurant, that the food would be outdated as well. I was completely wrong! The updated ambiance is classy and comfortable for dates or for families, the service was top-notch, and the food was fresh- not heavy as I expected. We had the scallops, the gnocchi and the mushroom ravioli. The risotto on the scallops dish was our favorite. As a South American wine enthusiast, I struggled finding an Italian wine I enjoyed....but our waiter Maxwell determinedly brought me tastings until I found one I liked. This is our new neighborhood favorite!Special Features:
- Perfect mealClaudeDined on 5/24/2014Wow. When this restaurant gets it "right"; they really get it right...impeccable service without being intrusive or cloying, expertly prepared apps, salads, entrees and deserts...all with a friendly "neighborhood" ambience. I couln't give a higher recommendation. (Parents and grandparents - great for kids too)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamuraiJonesDined on 5/23/2014We've been to Gaetano's before and will probably go again but not for some time. When dining there Friday, the restaurant became very busy right around the time we ordered our food. My friend ordered soup, which never came and was not removed from the bill. When they brought my wife's entree it was not what she ordered. The person who brought it (who was not our server) did not apologize. Our server then came to the table and did apologize and let us know her meal would be rushed out. She only took a couple bites of her food at the restaurant and took the rest home. When we opened it up the next night we realized the chicken was under-cooked. Beyond that, our server was very friendly and attentive!Special Features:
- Good not greatKlromanowskiDined on 5/22/2014Came here for my parents 32nd anniversary. Dinner was good, I had the bolengese and my manfriend had the ravioli (and there were only 6 small ones so he helped himself to some of mine because he was still hungry). The wine list could use some beefing up as well as the servers knowledge. I asked about the Sauvignon blanc and all he could tell me was that it was Italian and the same grape as all other sauv blancs...duh buddy I can read the menu; I was asking for what it tasted like. Went with the chianti instead which was pretty good. They sat us in the way back of the restaurant near the kitchen so all we heard was the clanging of dishes etc...not very special for an anniversary. And some complimentary dessert would have been nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good thing I was in a good mood.ReensDined on 5/17/2014The food was DELICIOUS! the service was.....meh. Our waited took literally 30 minutes to take our order. Luckily I was in a good mood and the host, or whatever he was brought us our beers and bread. So I had something to munch on. Once the waiter finally came, he forgot to bring my side orders. His saving grace was that he recommended the lobster ravioli which was to die for! AMAZING! He seemed stressed so I didn't give him a hard time. The noise level was fair and the atmosphere was romantic and fun. The music was random, techno. It was a good eating experience, however they do need to hire more staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014We did not like the table for two we had reserved, so ended up at the bar, and it was a delight. It seemed to be prom night as well as family night out, so the atmosphere was perfect and we so enjoyed ourselves and the food - first rate and the young bartenders - excellent - a great evening all around, I'm going to give it excellent word-of-mouth and will be back a LOT.Special Features:
- Looking for Neighborhood EateryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Just not ready for Mother's Day brunch. Our orders were not complete when delivered, and we had to actually show the menu to the waiter to have him bring the rest of our order. Also, my penne sandwich was supposed to have roasted red peppers, but had fresh green bell peppers. Perhaps we will try it or lunch or dinner, but not brunch.
- Pretty GoodMConcaVIPDined on 5/9/2014We happened to be on this side of town and decided to give this well-known place a try for the first time. The seafood pasta was a bit too spicy for us but still good. The gnocchi was extremely good. The noise, both from patrons and the outside traffic, was a little over the top, making conversation difficult. Still, good food and atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid choice for ItalianIrk55Dined on 5/3/2014First time back to Gaetanos since their renovation. While I miss some of the old touches and a few items from the menu, this was a great visit. They've really stepped up their game and you can tell that it is just a much classier place over all. I would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHypeDined on 5/1/2014We went to eat where gangsters ate and see the landmark bullet holes in the floors/walls we've heard about for years. Our party of five were crammed into a half-round table. Although the waitress had worked there for quite some time, she could not explain the "happy hour" menu. Service was not all that good. Food was average. The loud techno music was annoying and all the gangster history was all hype - no bullet holes, nothing even remarkable except the pictures on the walls.
- Gaetano's was GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2014We three out-of-towners were treated like regulars, which made us so happy after a long workday. We loved the atmosphere, which made one of us feel like she was back in the New Jersey of her childhood---in a good way. The bread was great. The martinis were great. The red wine was great. The mussels were delicious. We each loved our pasta----Spaghetti Carbonara, Lobster Ravioli, and Cavatelli-----which was perfectly cooked al dente, deftly sauced, and nicely presented. We liked the Cavatelli but thought it might have been better shared among the three of us than as an entree for one. We had read about the restoration of this old-time Denver restaurant, and thought it was pulled off very well. Thank you for a memorable evening.Special Features:
- great changes w/ new ownershipfoodieVIPDined on 4/23/2014give it a try - new menu is great and affordable once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Brunch EverJojoDined on 4/20/2014We came to Gaetano's for lunch on Easter Sunday. Having grown up in north Denver, we new we could get some authentic Italian food from Gaetano's...WRONG. Our experience was so awful that it became humorous and we decided that it would make for a great story about our disastrous Easter celebration for years to come. I don't know what lunch or dinner is like at Gaetano's but brunch is HORRIBLE!Special Features:
- Italian Style BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/20/2014Frittatas, paninis, and cabanero style breakfast options. Topped off with a Bloody Mary bar! We enjoyed brunch there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but loudTMac82Dined on 4/18/2014If you're looking for a quiet meal, this isn't the best choice. The noise level is loud and makes conversation a real challenge, even at the early seating (pre-7p). Otherwise, everything else was pretty good. I was hoping for a little more on the food front but I've come to realize that my expectations are probably too high, especially when it comes to Italian food in Denver. Wine selection was decent with a number of good Italian wines to choose from. And the beers-on-tap also offered a good variety to choose from. All in all, a good restaurant if you're looking for a loud, energetic scene. Otherwise, you might want to continue your quest for great Italian restaurants elsewhere.Special Features:
- Great Tradditional ItalianPhilioradoDined on 4/5/2014I love this place, The service is impeccable!! Our server new the menu so well and was able to make great recommendations on the food as well as in Pairing wine for our entree's. I love the atmosphere and old Italian mobster era vibe, Especially if you get lucky enough to eat while Frank Sinatra is singing and walking around. The Food is amazing as well and they have a great classic prohibition style cocktail selection! The Veil Parm is one of my Fav dishes!!Special Features:
- still very average ...JordanVIPDined on 4/5/2014And nothing like the old days. Food was very mediocre. Lumpy risotto , stale , tasteless bread, clueless waitress . We have given this red sauce joint one too many tries . Wheres`s the real Italian food ?
- Great restaurant to have inIheartfoodDined on 4/4/2014Great restaurant to have in the neighborhood! The food and drinks were great (I loved the eggplant parmigiana!) staff was very pleasant and helpful. The noise level was a little loud, we had lean in to hear each other across the table at times. But in general, just a great place to go for a meal with friends or family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!BradVIPDined on 4/3/2014What a great find this place was for me. Been there forever but I was not aware of it. Stopped in and fell in love with it. Amazing food, fantastic atmosphere and Miles the bartender all made the dining experience second to none.
- What a find!LaLaDenverDined on 3/29/2014My husband and I visited for the first time on a Saturday night for our date night. Larry and the staff were so incredibly friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the local history. We loved the food (try the mussels), the ambiance, and everything about the place. I've already invited all of my big Italian family to meet us there in the future. So we'll be seeing you and I cannot wait!Special Features:
- The following 220 reviews are from the Gaetano's reviews archive.