3760 Tejon Street
Denver, CO 80211-2926Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gaetanositalian.com/
- Phone: 3034559852
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Dinner: Su-Th 5:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We host several local entertainers; check our website, Facebook page or call for details.
- Special Events: Our live music series starts out the New Year with live music on Thursday, Jan. 10th AND Thursday, Jan. 24th.
Thursday, Jan. 10th welcomes back Lee with his blues and rock tunes. Performance begins at 9:00pm
Thursday, Jan. 24th features Michael, a contemporary jazz artist with a special guest performer! Michael will start at 8:30pm
A word from Gaetano's
Housed in the historic North Denver Highlands Gaetano"s was originally opened in the 1930's by the Smaldone family. Today it is an homage to the classic cocktail era with leisurely lunches, rustic and fresh Italian food and a late night neighborhood gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gaetano's reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (65)fit for foodies (25)special occasion (22)romantic (21)good for groups (19)great for lunch (13)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (6)Show More
- average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Server was inept, tried to sell us a bottle of wine to replace the wine they were out of at the same price, , tried to tell us it was the exact same wine, just different winery.Very loud with patio doors open
- ONE FANTASTIC RESTAURANTNESSIEDined on 10/13/2014WE ARE FROM FLORIDA AND EVERYTIME WE ARE IN DENVER WE NEVER MISS GAETANO'S. WE HAVE EATEN ITALIAN FOOD ALL OVER THE WORLD AND THE FOOD AT GAETANO'S IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as usualLclibrVIPDined on 10/11/2014Saturday night is very busy but we Re never disappointed in GaetanosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not as good as it once wasItalianLoverDined on 10/10/2014Gaetano's used to be great. But not anymore. The meatballs were totally lacking in flavor, although the sauce was still very good. The calamari was also bland. The Chicken Parmesan was excellent. Food is just inconsistent. We arrived 45 minutes early for our reservation, but the Owner (who was manning the host stand) was reluctant to seat us until 20 minutes after our reserved time. We ordered wine, appetizers, four entrees, another bottle of wine and dessert. Then the waiter reluctantly told us that someone was waiting for our table and we had to leave although our wine was not finished. I believe this was the owner pushing us out the door - amazingly poor way to incent us to return! Our waiter was excellent but we will not return.
- Love the Legend!DenverItalianFoodieDined on 9/28/2014The history sets the stage, the carbonara and gnocci bring it home! Amazing food - well done, Gaetano's! Quickly becoming our Sunday dinner tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but service was slowsocialdinnerDined on 9/24/2014We visited Gaetano's for the first time this past week. I recommend this place based on the food and not the service. It took about 15 mins before someone asked us for a drink order and then another 10 mins before we even put in an appetizer order and then another 20 mins before our dinner order was taken. However, our server was very nice so it made up for it. This is a great place if you are willing to wait to be served.Special Features:
- DiappointedtellthetruthDined on 9/20/2014Not in the food but the VERY tight quarters and OMG street noise!! What ever happened to the quiet dining room I think I remembered?? Wait staff was excellent, terrible, terrible atmosphere.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Our food and service were outstanding! What a great find--we'll be back!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something different for Brunch!pokeypantsDined on 9/14/2014The brunch menu is a fun combination of Italian and standard brunch items. The eggplant and chicken parmagiana were both delicious. The crabcakes benedict were amazing. Buffalo sausage was the best one of our party had ever had. It was somewhat quiet, especially for a Bronco Sunday and we loved that. Maybe not discovered yet? Three of us had the bottomless mimosas for $10. The other person in our party had the Bloody Mary bar that had every possible condiment you could think of. What a deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationYummmmDined on 9/13/2014Even though the restaurant was busy the were very good about honoring our reservation. I had the eggplant parmesan, which was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic and welcoming!FrauBrookerDined on 9/12/2014The service and food was top notch. The ambiance was classic, the staff was friendly and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood Italian FoodoutnaboutDined on 8/29/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Gaetano's. Our server Josh was pleasant and helpful. The food was very good. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Pretty good food, but the neighborhood is awful. Had my dirtbike stolen in broad daylight from thier parking lot.Special Features:
- MarilynVIPDined on 8/28/2014Food was outstanding but the street noise & the laughing too loud waitresses at the bar were real negatives. Winter time when patio doors would be closed might be a better experience. Prices very reasonable. It's a real boon to have a good parking lot right across the street.Special Features:
- LOVE Gaetano'sJennAndDaveDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I come here frequently, and always leave having had a great time. The brunch menu is great, with a lot of options you don't see on other menus. The service is beyond friendly; we enjoy hearing the stories behind the history of the restaurant. We are always well taken care of when we come in, no matter how busy it is.Special Features:
- Food was blandVegetarianfoodie13Dined on 8/16/2014I had the spaghetti with olive oil and it was bland. Noodles and oil but not much flavor. Could've used some veggies or something to make it pop! I am a vegetarian and this was the only option that I could have besides the ravioli though that had cheese. I wasn't impressed with the food or selection available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceFoodFan7Dined on 8/9/2014The food is excellent and there is a lot of variety on the menu. The Italian food is authentic and the wait staff is friendly and efficient. I have recommended Gaetanos to others and they have had equally satisfying experiences.Special Features:
- Dinner delish!girlnextdoorDined on 8/6/2014Friendly little neighborhood restaurant. Service was just outstanding. Food was yummy delish! Atmosphere was just delightful until owner showed up and turned up music way too loud. It seems he thinks he works at a nightclub....not a cozy little corner Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- 2nd timeItalianluvs2dineDined on 7/26/2014and still loving this gem of a restaurant. This menu features genuine Italian dishes that even my genuine Italian husband and his foodie friends can appreciate. The homemade meat balls (ordered by special requests) are as good as any I have ever tasted. Great wine list and the desserts are good too. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- AmazingJoel456Dined on 7/24/2014I am from New Jersey and this tasted just as good as home!Special Features:
- Good Italian!JgschlichDined on 7/23/2014All of the four dishes were great, but the standout was the house sausage and mushroom gnocchi. Also, the lemon rissoto appetizer was delicious. Service was great and we'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceGibvaterDined on 7/18/2014I hadn't been here since they remodeled a few years back. That atmosphere is nice and retro. I went with a large group including kids and we had great service. Everyone loved their food. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great food...needs some shadeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2014Always a fan of Gaetano's and would definitely go back. However, they do need to fix their window shades. Evening dinners have the setting sun blazing through their western windows and the gaps in the sun shades basically have some customers staring blindingly into the sun for a good hour during dinner (while seated inside). Quick fix! Great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good old fashioned ItalianMikeCVIPDined on 7/11/2014This is a good old fashioned Italian restaurant that was recently renovated. The food was very good, and they had a Frank Sinatra impersonator on Friday who was very good.Special Features:
- JonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014I took my 4 kids and wife to dinner and had a great meal. Food portions are great and the food is even better. I love everything about this place. A real fun place to take family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood patrondinersdreamVIPDined on 7/5/2014Absolutely fantastic! Service was the best, menu was the best, food was the best, price point was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wait for the specialsbcitalianfoodloversDined on 7/2/2014While Gaetano's has a fine regular menu, the specials are always worth waiting for. Each of the three of us had a different one, and all of us were quite pleased.Special Features:
- Avoid Gaetano's!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/29/2014Made reservations for a Sunday evening family dinner 3 days in advance at 6:15 pm. Arrived and were seated right on time, that was the only high point of the evening. It took us 20 minutes to get served with water and bread. Waited another 10 minutes for them to take our drink order. After another 10 minutes the waitress took our dinner order and made the excuse that the bartender was just busy. The family of 6 seated next to us had been there since 6:00 pm and had only received water, bread, and a cocktails in an HOUR! After 50 minutes and numerous excuses by our waitress, we got up and walked out!!! The restaurant was not full when we arrived but was when we left. Almost NO FOOD was coming out of the kitchen! We will NEVER return!
- great brunch!tih00Dined on 6/29/2014I had been for dinner before ad enjoyed it, so when I saw they recently opened for Sunday brunch, decided to check it out. The service was great, the food was great and the prices were very reasonable. Will definitely be back and trying s something else on the menu as it was hard to make a decision.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset Heat & Traffic a ProblemOLDNOONEDined on 6/28/2014We were seated at a west side table. The sun was relentless, and despite lowering some shades, the gaps in these ill-fitting covers allowed glare from the sun to blind us, and the open western side of the restaurant let in all the heat and traffic noise. We tried to get our waitress's attention to reseat us, but finally just moved ourselves to a booth out of the sun. There was some complaint from the server and her supervisor that this booth was reserved, but finally we were allowed to stay. We ate our dinner and sat to visit for awhile afterward. The "reserved party" never appeared. Our daughter has MS, and cannot tolerate excessive heat. Our food was very good. Service sketchy. $7.00 drafts seems high!!Special Features:
- been going there for many yearsjodieVIPDined on 6/26/2014wonderful recipes - the remodeling made a huge difference - lots of traffic noise on the patio - very loud music but they turned it down - the lasagna is wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Once we got seated...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/25/2014Food and overall experience was good. We had made a reservation for 7:15 and was not seated till 7:30 so that was alittle annoying. But once we were seated our experience was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely way to finish a vacation.OutofTownerDined on 6/24/2014This resturaunt was amazing. I was in town visiting family and they had been to Gaetano's before. From the outside I didn't quite know what to expect but once I stepped inside I knew it was going to be wonderful. We had the reservation and we were seated right away. The alcoholic beverages we ordered were delicious and made just fight. The food was amazing! Easily the best place we ate at during our vacation. I highly recommend Gaetano's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very hood Italian cuisineItalianluvs2dineDined on 6/21/2014My husband is Italian and very few restaurants meet his standards. This one did. Their meatballs were just like our family recipe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 247 reviews are from the Gaetano's reviews archive.
- Dinner reviewLisaGdineDined on 6/21/2014Food and wine selection outstanding. Highly recommend this restaurant to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!GabyDined on 6/6/2014The food was delicious and I really enjoyed the entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Italian FoodapchaveyDined on 5/31/2014Had a craving for Italian food and took a chance on Gaetano's and we were pleasantly surprised by great food and drink. The service was prompt and very helpful. Maxwell, our waiter, was quick to answer any questions and explained the menu to us. I had the special which was scallops and shrimp in a brandy cream sauce, it was wonderful! My wife had the scallop dinner with risotto and asparagus, it too was fantastic. I highly recommend Gaetanos fit old school Italian food. Hearty and filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the showSchultz132VIPDined on 5/30/2014Took some friends to Gaetano's after a show downtown. It was 10 p.m. and we wanted dinner. They were so accommodating and they food was great. I had the Branzino - it was delicious. Also, they have a nice variety of Italian wines.Special Features:
- Lost it's charmartlover1Dined on 5/30/2014I am a Denver native and had hoped that Gaetano's had returned to the way it used to be back in the 70's. Good authentic italian food…… not so. I had the lasagna which was ok but not exceptional and my husband had the peppers and sausage, which was just ok too. There are no smells of garlic cooking in the kitchen, like the old days. Maybe all of the food is just frozen and prepared in a microwave oven? Our waitress was horrible too. When we asked her things about the menu and the happy hour drinks she didn't know anything. It was as if she just started that night. Wasn't helpful at all. Also, very over priced for what you get. In the good old days of Gaetano's you would get a soup and salad with every meal, nothing comes with the meal now.
- Excellent food!Melly68Dined on 5/28/2014Great place, but we went when the sun was setting so it was really hot. My husband actually got sunburn on his neck. So go after the sun sets and it's cooler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.