3760 Tejon Street
Denver, CO 80211-2926Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gaetanositalian.com/
- Phone: (303) 455-9852
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Dinner: Su-Th 5:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We host several local entertainers; check our website, Facebook page or call for details.
- Special Events: Our live music series starts out the New Year with live music on Thursday, Jan. 10th AND Thursday, Jan. 24th.
Thursday, Jan. 10th welcomes back Lee with his blues and rock tunes. Performance begins at 9:00pm
Thursday, Jan. 24th features Michael, a contemporary jazz artist with a special guest performer! Michael will start at 8:30pm
A word from Gaetano's
Housed in the historic North Denver Highlands Gaetano"s was originally opened in the 1930's by the Smaldone family. Today it is an homage to the classic cocktail era with leisurely lunches, rustic and fresh Italian food and a late night neighborhood gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Gaetano's - Best Restaurants in Highlands ›
Gaetano's reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (67)fit for foodies (31)romantic (27)special occasion (26)good for groups (25)late-night find (15)hot spot (15)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- pretty goodCassanverDined on 11/21/2014After having a face lift, Gaetano's had changed it's menu completely and taken away many classics. Now some of them are making an appearance back on the menu and their portion sizes have went back up to normal. When new Gaetano's premiered, the portion sizes were cut in 1/3 of what they were, but now i feel you get your moneys worth. My biggest complaint is our waitress wasn't very knowledgeable about the menu. Food was delicious, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaetano's is a findTanglewoodVIPDined on 11/21/2014We had such a great dinner and experience at Gaetano's. We were a group of six and one had to sit in a chair. Gaetano's has delightful half circle booths, and accommodated us with five of us in the booth, with a chair on the other end. Jordan waited on us and was very energetic and oh so accommodating. The food was amazing, just wonderful Italian food, I had the wild mushroom ravioli in creamy pesto sauce, and the eggplant was to die for! Very meaty texture with great Italian red sauce. The minestrone soup was also very good. After dinner, the owner took us on a tour of the basement where some delightful stories of the past mafia were shared with us. Highly recommend Gaetano's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing birthday dinnerGaryWDined on 11/19/2014We've been to Gaetano's before. The food was very good. However, since changing hands the quality has really gone down. This was a party of six for a birthday celebration dinnner. Everyone was disappointed with their selections. Everyone. We won't go back again.
- MemorableStephDined on 11/15/2014We have been to Gaetanos twice and each time our meal and service were memorable. The food was delicious; our server Jordan was genuine and attentive. We will be back!. It felt like we stepped back when it was truly enjoyable to dine out, enjoy our meal and visiting with our waitstaff. Everyone at the restaurant was attentive. So glad we found this spot--it is one of our new favorites,even with the 45 minute drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruined my anniversary by not caringJeremyDined on 11/12/2014I made a reservation in the morning for a table that night. It was our anniversary, so I told them as much and asked for a booth, as instructed. I was hoping that telling them it was our anniversary would help them figure out we were trying to have a romantic type of dinner. I guess that was lost on them. First, the host didn't seem like he'd seen our reservation prior to us getting there. Then he put us at a non-booth, right in front of the door so we got blasted by cold air every time someone else came into the restaurant. When I asked for a booth again, he told us he couldn't help us unless we wanted to wait. And lied to us about there not being any cold air where we were. Next, we met out waiter who told us nothing about the menu or even the daily specials. About 10 minutes after ordering we flagged him down and asked to add some asparagus to our order. He then told us that he didn't put our order in yet, and asked what we ordered again. We told him and eventually got our food. The lounge singer's speaker was too loud and we had to yell at each other from across a small table just to communicate. Long story short: romantic dinner ruined. Thanks.
- Love the Sinatra TouchLove2eatDined on 11/12/2014The host greeted us immediately and thanked us for coming, as there was inclement weather and it was very cold. We were surprised that an Italian restaurant was playing hit music instead of music more suitable to the atmosphere. We were glad the Frank Sinatra singer showed up. He was outstanding and is the reason we had booked our reservation. The food was good and we love that the restaurant has history. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate and DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2014While we were waiting for our 6:15 reservation and having a glass of wine at the bar we were informed by the host that the owners relatives were in town and the owner was giving them our table. I tried to talk to the owner about our disappointment , but he just shrugged his shoulders and totally disregarded my partner and I .
- Disappointed Birthday celebrationStephRayDined on 11/5/2014Sent back two orders of calamari due to it looking, feeling, and tasting like overcooked styrofoam. There was literally no squid meat, just circular breaking. Was not even able to place our entree order until about 35 minutes after being seated. Server seemed too overwhelmed in his section.Special Features:
- missed the great bread :-(foodieVIPDined on 11/2/2014Even tho we went late for lunch and they were not busy, the waitress seemed distracted and kept forgetting the bread. This was the first time in where the service failed as we frequently dine there.Special Features:
- Very Accommodating!nutmeg3748Dined on 10/29/2014In my flakey group of friends, you never know who will show up. However, this time, I had the opposite problem. My reservation was for 6 and 11 showed up. Oops and sorry... But the staff was very accommodating. Thanks for a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, slow service, loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014The décor is upbeat, the food is good, the service is very slow, the noise level is incredibly loud -- too loud to have a conversation. This is the second time I was there. I probably won't go back.
- Always feel like Family at GaetanosDenTownTravellerDined on 10/24/2014This is our third time at Gaetanos since its had a management upgrade. Now not only is the "old school" vibe back but the food suits the place. The carbonara is a must as is the polenta appetizer. We got a taste of the upcoming grilled Ceasar salad, delicious!Special Features:
- average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Server was inept, tried to sell us a bottle of wine to replace the wine they were out of at the same price, , tried to tell us it was the exact same wine, just different winery.Very loud with patio doors open
- ONE FANTASTIC RESTAURANTNESSIEDined on 10/13/2014WE ARE FROM FLORIDA AND EVERYTIME WE ARE IN DENVER WE NEVER MISS GAETANO'S. WE HAVE EATEN ITALIAN FOOD ALL OVER THE WORLD AND THE FOOD AT GAETANO'S IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as usualLclibrVIPDined on 10/11/2014Saturday night is very busy but we Re never disappointed in GaetanosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not as good as it once wasItalianLoverDined on 10/10/2014Gaetano's used to be great. But not anymore. The meatballs were totally lacking in flavor, although the sauce was still very good. The calamari was also bland. The Chicken Parmesan was excellent. Food is just inconsistent. We arrived 45 minutes early for our reservation, but the Owner (who was manning the host stand) was reluctant to seat us until 20 minutes after our reserved time. We ordered wine, appetizers, four entrees, another bottle of wine and dessert. Then the waiter reluctantly told us that someone was waiting for our table and we had to leave although our wine was not finished. I believe this was the owner pushing us out the door - amazingly poor way to incent us to return! Our waiter was excellent but we will not return.
- Love the Legend!DenverItalianFoodieVIPDined on 9/28/2014The history sets the stage, the carbonara and gnocci bring it home! Amazing food - well done, Gaetano's! Quickly becoming our Sunday dinner tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but service was slowsocialdinnerDined on 9/24/2014We visited Gaetano's for the first time this past week. I recommend this place based on the food and not the service. It took about 15 mins before someone asked us for a drink order and then another 10 mins before we even put in an appetizer order and then another 20 mins before our dinner order was taken. However, our server was very nice so it made up for it. This is a great place if you are willing to wait to be served.Special Features:
- DiappointedtellthetruthDined on 9/20/2014Not in the food but the VERY tight quarters and OMG street noise!! What ever happened to the quiet dining room I think I remembered?? Wait staff was excellent, terrible, terrible atmosphere.
- StephDined on 9/20/2014Our food and service were outstanding! What a great find--we'll be back!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something different for Brunch!pokeypantsDined on 9/14/2014The brunch menu is a fun combination of Italian and standard brunch items. The eggplant and chicken parmagiana were both delicious. The crabcakes benedict were amazing. Buffalo sausage was the best one of our party had ever had. It was somewhat quiet, especially for a Bronco Sunday and we loved that. Maybe not discovered yet? Three of us had the bottomless mimosas for $10. The other person in our party had the Bloody Mary bar that had every possible condiment you could think of. What a deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationYummmmDined on 9/13/2014Even though the restaurant was busy the were very good about honoring our reservation. I had the eggplant parmesan, which was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic and welcoming!FrauBrookerDined on 9/12/2014The service and food was top notch. The ambiance was classic, the staff was friendly and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood Italian FoodoutnaboutDined on 8/29/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Gaetano's. Our server Josh was pleasant and helpful. The food was very good. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Pretty good food, but the neighborhood is awful. Had my dirtbike stolen in broad daylight from thier parking lot.Special Features:
- MarilynVIPDined on 8/28/2014Food was outstanding but the street noise & the laughing too loud waitresses at the bar were real negatives. Winter time when patio doors would be closed might be a better experience. Prices very reasonable. It's a real boon to have a good parking lot right across the street.Special Features:
- LOVE Gaetano'sJennAndDaveVIPDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I come here frequently, and always leave having had a great time. The brunch menu is great, with a lot of options you don't see on other menus. The service is beyond friendly; we enjoy hearing the stories behind the history of the restaurant. We are always well taken care of when we come in, no matter how busy it is.Special Features:
- Food was blandVegetarianfoodie13Dined on 8/16/2014I had the spaghetti with olive oil and it was bland. Noodles and oil but not much flavor. Could've used some veggies or something to make it pop! I am a vegetarian and this was the only option that I could have besides the ravioli though that had cheese. I wasn't impressed with the food or selection available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceFoodFan7Dined on 8/9/2014The food is excellent and there is a lot of variety on the menu. The Italian food is authentic and the wait staff is friendly and efficient. I have recommended Gaetanos to others and they have had equally satisfying experiences.Special Features:
- Dinner delish!girlnextdoorDined on 8/6/2014Friendly little neighborhood restaurant. Service was just outstanding. Food was yummy delish! Atmosphere was just delightful until owner showed up and turned up music way too loud. It seems he thinks he works at a nightclub....not a cozy little corner Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 263 reviews are from the Gaetano's reviews archive.
- 2nd timeItalianluvs2dineDined on 7/26/2014and still loving this gem of a restaurant. This menu features genuine Italian dishes that even my genuine Italian husband and his foodie friends can appreciate. The homemade meat balls (ordered by special requests) are as good as any I have ever tasted. Great wine list and the desserts are good too. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- AmazingJoel456Dined on 7/24/2014I am from New Jersey and this tasted just as good as home!Special Features:
- Good Italian!JgschlichDined on 7/23/2014All of the four dishes were great, but the standout was the house sausage and mushroom gnocchi. Also, the lemon rissoto appetizer was delicious. Service was great and we'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceGibvaterDined on 7/18/2014I hadn't been here since they remodeled a few years back. That atmosphere is nice and retro. I went with a large group including kids and we had great service. Everyone loved their food. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great food...needs some shadeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2014Always a fan of Gaetano's and would definitely go back. However, they do need to fix their window shades. Evening dinners have the setting sun blazing through their western windows and the gaps in the sun shades basically have some customers staring blindingly into the sun for a good hour during dinner (while seated inside). Quick fix! Great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good old fashioned ItalianMikeCVIPDined on 7/11/2014This is a good old fashioned Italian restaurant that was recently renovated. The food was very good, and they had a Frank Sinatra impersonator on Friday who was very good.Special Features:
- JonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014I took my 4 kids and wife to dinner and had a great meal. Food portions are great and the food is even better. I love everything about this place. A real fun place to take family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood patrondinersdreamVIPDined on 7/5/2014Absolutely fantastic! Service was the best, menu was the best, food was the best, price point was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wait for the specialsbcitalianfoodloversDined on 7/2/2014While Gaetano's has a fine regular menu, the specials are always worth waiting for. Each of the three of us had a different one, and all of us were quite pleased.Special Features:
- Avoid Gaetano's!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/29/2014Made reservations for a Sunday evening family dinner 3 days in advance at 6:15 pm. Arrived and were seated right on time, that was the only high point of the evening. It took us 20 minutes to get served with water and bread. Waited another 10 minutes for them to take our drink order. After another 10 minutes the waitress took our dinner order and made the excuse that the bartender was just busy. The family of 6 seated next to us had been there since 6:00 pm and had only received water, bread, and a cocktails in an HOUR! After 50 minutes and numerous excuses by our waitress, we got up and walked out!!! The restaurant was not full when we arrived but was when we left. Almost NO FOOD was coming out of the kitchen! We will NEVER return!