Gaetano's - Batavia
15 East Wilson Street
Batavia, IL 60510Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Gaetano's - Batavia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gaetanosbatavia.com/
- Phone: 630-406-3009x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday 5:00 to 9:30
Friday - Saturday 4:30 to 10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Gaetano DiBenedetto
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Entertaining coming on Thursday's in the Fall.......
- Cross Street: River Street
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is street parking available on Wilson Street, Garage Parking available on River Street, just North of the restaurant, and there are two public parking lots, one is kiddie-corner from the restaurant located at the corner of Route 25 and Wilson and the other is located behind the First State Bank at the corner of Route 25 and Wilson Street.
A word from Gaetano's - Batavia
We specialize in the "Fusion of Regional Italian Cuisine, with Respect to Tradition". Our seafood and fish is fresh everyday, our pasta and bread is house made, and all of our dishes are created with the freshest seasonal ingredients available. We also offer tasting menu's with wine pairings, and daily specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Gaetano's - Batavia - Best Restaurants in Batavia ›
Gaetano's - Batavia reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (87)fit for foodies (86)special occasion (74)great for outdoor dining (53)romantic (42)notable wine list (34)hot spot (32)good for groups (15)late-night find (7)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- just amazingcathy72Dined on 10/24/2014I been at gaetano's 3 times now and I keep getting impressed with the all over experience. I have a gf intolerance and I ask and they have plenty to offer. Perfect for a date night to impressed, anniversary, double date. The owners are just great people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High End Quality now in BatavialuvitwhenitsgoodDined on 10/24/2014Geatano's is one of those rare places where the owner/chef puts his whole life into his restaurants. They spent years building the Forest Park location, and now they are doing it again in Batavia. We live blocks from the Forest Park Location, but wanted to spend our anniversary with Chef Gaetano and were lucky enough to have his wife as our server. The Food was great as always, and the new place is fabulous. The folks of the Fox River Valley are sooo lucky to have a place like this to eat at. They always coming up with new dishes, and the Chef's Choice for special occasions is the Best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but Cramped and LOUDGone4everDined on 10/21/2014I was impressed with the food, and the service was above average. The surroundings were repelling. The place is so small and cramped, you could literally eat off the plates of the neighboring tables. AND, being so small and cramped the noise level was irritating and distracting.Special Features:
- Straight from ItalySB1245stcharlesgmailDined on 10/18/2014This food reminds me of my trip to Italy! Fresh, great tasting food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Italian Cuisine!!TasteisdevineDined on 10/18/2014Since my family's travels to Italy in 2012, we have been trying to find a place that meets the standards we grew to expect from our culinary experiences all over the country. Well, Gaetano's not only meets the standard, but surpassed our expectations. Wendy and Chef Gaetano were open and extremely accommodating. When I requested horseradish for my Bloody Mary instead of Tobasco, Chef Gaetano went out of his way and grated fresh ingredients and made an outstanding cocktail for me. The antipasti and entrees were fabulous (the mussels are large and fresh!). Our only regret was they were out of Gnocchi. We will return for sure. Bravo!!!!Special Features:
- Still a few kinks remainingLauraDined on 10/18/2014The food at Gaetano's was very good. My husband and I both ordered the butternut squash gnocchi with short ribs and mushroom ragout. The flavor was very good, but there was little meat in it, the gnocchi was spinach, not squash and there was a lot of mushrooms -- I think to make up for the lack of meat. I fully expected mushrooms, but also expected some meat. Our server, while pleasant would disappear for periods of time. This proved to be frustrating. The good news is that we were not in a hurry and were enjoying our wine and the people watching. I would definitely return but maybe next time on a weekday night when the servers are more focused and less hurried.Special Features:
- Amazing as always!ckffpm89Dined on 10/18/2014Gaetano's is by far away the most amazing restaurant, not just for the food which is unique and utterly delicious, but also the service, the ambiance and the experience. Definitely needed this restaurant in Batavia!Special Features:
- DawinoDined on 10/17/2014Great food! Too much wine with the wine pairing, but a very good job pairing wine with food.Special Features:
- A Gem in BataviaItaliaDined on 10/15/2014Molto, molto bene! Excellent service and food. A gem on the Fox River. A gem for Batavia. Nice variety in the entrees. Will dine there often. Let's try to keep it a bit of a secret, so we can always get a reservation. This is the place for people who love good food and fine wine.Special Features:
- Excellent dining in Batavia!MaresDined on 10/14/2014Wonderful ambience, friendly service, great food choices - even for vegetarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lot of hypefoodie22Dined on 10/10/2014Not sure what all the hype is about. The food was good, you can tell the pasta is homemade, and the best part of our meal. The reservation system leaves a little to be desired. We showed up for our 7:30 reservation about 5-10 minutes early, 2 couple walked in behind us and were both sat immediately for their 7:30 reservation, and we were told our table was still occupied. The computer does all the work, not sure why 2 host/hostesses were necessary if they weren't making any decisions for themselves. That put a sour taste in my mouth from the get go. The service helped to save this review - our server took very good care of us and apologized for the confusion regarding the table/reservation.Special Features:
- I'm in heaven!Foodismymiddlename12Dined on 10/10/2014Delicious food. The minute you enter the restaurant you feel as if you've stepped into a small town Italian trattoria. Ambience is warm and intimate. Food is amazing. The presentation is lovely and the service is excellent. We are making sure all our friends visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemGspartyDined on 10/9/2014Fantastic food, super waitstaff, adequate seating. Outdoor summer seating is the best. Try the short ribs, beet salad, fish , it's all amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be better...CaryLouShavooDined on 10/9/2014We enjoyed our anniversary dinner here, but they do still have soem bugs to work out. The food was quite good, a bit overbearing on the garlic if you ask me. I prefer subtle flavors, but for northern style not bad. The appetizer, baked Camembert was really good, the peaches and cream desert was memorable...Special Features:
- Fabulous First VisitMamaBeetleDined on 10/8/2014Our first visit to Gaetano's lived up to all we'd heard about food quality. We had a birthday celebration, and all 5 of us had different dishes. I loved the pappardelle with mushrooms: I seldom eat the entire portion, but I could not resist. The pasta was perfectly cooked and the mushroom flavor of the sauce was earthy, yet sophisticated. Others enjoyed the rigatoni alla trasteverina or evening's specials, none of which disappointed. The wine list is extensive and has something for everyone. Make sure to save room for the tiramisu - it comes served in a little cup and is unique in its combination of traditional ingredients. We've already made a reservation to return with friends.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianLovebirdsDined on 10/7/2014If you are looking for a dining experience where ALL your senses can be satisfied with authentic Italian cuisine, ambiance and welcoming staff, Gaetano's is the place! We absolutely loved everything about our visit and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Food was fantastic. Make your reservations early, it is a popular find for many. Noise level moderate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticgeeknspeakDined on 10/4/2014We went for my wife's birthday and the service was phenomenal. The waitress knew the menu very well and was able to describe the items and answer any questions we had. The appetizer (I don't remember the name because it was Italian) was shrimp and Gorgonzola inside a puff pastry, it was amazing. I had pasta with mushrooms (11 different kinds) and it was fantastic. My wife had the ribeye with asparagus, they were both fabulous as well. It was really nice that Gaetano himself comes out and talks with the patrons. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most interesting Reviewer in the..PonzarotsDined on 10/3/2014I don't always review restaurants my friends, But if I do is because it's the best. Go here now and order something that you've never heard of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Excellent, Excellent, Excellent, Excellent! Can't say it enough. This is our new place. Will be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not our type.mmmmDined on 10/2/2014Fun for one time experience, but overpriced. Food quality average. Veal salty, mushrooms woody. Hope they succeed as Batavia needs they hype.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pairing/tasting in west burbs!KapperDined on 9/27/2014Overall this is a wonderful new restaurant. My husband and I celebrated our 20th Anniversary on a Saturday evening. We had already checked out the online menu and had both decided to try the 9 course tasting and a wine pairing just for me. Every wine was very well paired and was the highlight of my tasty dinner. We definitely heard all conversations which is just something to be aware of for a dining experience. We will definitely be back and would consider bringing our pre-teen and teen as the regular menu as well as the numerous specials sounded fantastic. I also considered the prices very reasonable, even the acclaimed and awesome Alinea in the city, is much higher albeit well worth as well. This is a go-to place for a local gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the food, not the servicebelgaschuVIPDined on 9/24/2014We *love* Gaetano's in Forest Park. So thought we'd try the new one in Batavia. The place looks inviting. I put in the reservation request it was for an anniversary and would like a quiet table. We got there early, the place was practically empty. But the plunked us down right next to another couple when there were 6 or 7 open tables with no one around. The tables are very close, there was no way to have a private conversation. The hostess was not rude, but certainly not welcoming. The table tilted so the glasses slid on the table. Took the waitress a while to get to us - they must have been short staffed. Overall I found the service awkward at best. But the food was phenomenal! We had Gaetapas and the mystery wine. Amazing.Special Features:
- Sept 20 DinnerRgnielseDined on 9/20/2014We dined here as a prelude to the musical Cats. Great Staff attention to detail and customer. Food menu described by server (three page menu) and the desserts were awesome whole served in a unique fashion (dirt dessert in a flower pot with complimentary flower). This location was astute enough to have Open Table reserving in order which we took advantage of. Thankfully so as the al fresco dining was closed due to inclement weather and there were numerous walk ups turn away. Batavia need more of these places downtown to create a destination location such as Geneva and St Charles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyCoopDined on 9/19/2014The inside was very small and limited. You are very close to the table next to you. The service was great. We started off with vodka tonics and the antipasta plate. The drinks were small and very pricey. (10.50 each). The antipasta plate was good but nothing special, epically for $21. The main entres were again good but not great. We had the two gnocchi specials. Overall, this place is good but overpriced. I would expect to pay these prices downtown, but not here. We spent $200 for dinner which seemed outrageous for what we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining @ Batavia's Gaetano'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Our dining experience was most enjoyable ... the food was outstanding (actually far too abundant) & David (our server) was the Best !! I was however, disappointed with our table location ... last table before the kitchen & we were unable to hear & enjoy the featured CellistSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine, food, & service!mollyannaDined on 9/18/2014This place was jumping on a Thursday night. The service was attentive without over doing it and the specials were abundant. The 3 of us enjoyed our wine during the reasonable wait for our well prepared, tasty dishes. We were happy we tried this recent addition to the Batavia dining scene. Great location on River Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in BataviaJoy2eatDined on 9/17/2014I love this place. Great food and the owners put much soul into your experience. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Batavia has a WINNER!FoodGuyButtsyDined on 9/13/2014Finally a local restaurant that we can be proud of. Gaetano's foods was excellent and the dessert was amazing. The wait staff was knowledgeable, helpful and fun to joke with. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gastronomic delight.Hatman19Dined on 9/13/2014While all the items on the menu are outstanding, try the Gaetapaswhich is about 11 small courses. Get ready for dishes you've never even dreamed of or have ever tasted. One trip here will make a regular of you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodChipTheRedDined on 9/12/2014On the pricey side for Batavia, but great for a once-in-a-while treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderful, warmOut2enjoyDined on 9/12/2014You can tell when everyone in a place is having a good time jointly discovering the great tastes and food presentations Gaetano creates. The atmosphere he, Wendy and the friendly attentive staff provide makes you confident in not just recommending it, but makes you want to join in every time you do. It's like dining in someone's home, with the caring attention and "hostfullness". Been at the new Batavia location "under the arch" 4 times now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic placeLocalDined on 9/12/2014We went here for a birthday and got the Chef's Choice. It was some of the best food we've ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeannieDined on 9/11/2014We had a GREAT tasting and sampling of food/wines. We plan on returning many times-Special Features:
- PastaloverDined on 9/6/2014My husband n I have dined at Gaetano's three times in one month. We have introduced this wonderful gem to our great friends n family. The food is outstanding n the service is terrific. We got to know Gaetano, what a great individual !.... Oh!.... N hi's limoncello ( homemade) is sooo tasty. I recommend this restaurant to everyone!...Special Features:
- Fabulous!ReservationMakerDined on 9/6/2014Words won't do it justice! Overwhelming experience, from food to service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryDined on 9/5/2014We waited for at least 20 min for our reservation, very busy evening. Think they are still working out the kinks. Will try again in a couple of months to see if it's a little more organized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Batavia's Best New RestaurantQuamFoedariDined on 9/5/2014I am new to Batavia and recently dined at Gaetano's. The food was excellent and the service was very good. Love the location on River Street. The unique calamari appetizer was unbelievable...it's so good! I would've liked bigger portions though. Definitely will be coming back here. Delicious!Special Features:
- Work in progressDaneVIPDined on 9/5/2014We are familiar with Gaetano's Forest Park and love it. This outdoor space here looks great, but we were rained out, so sat inside. The experience was hectic and a snug for our taste - it has a communal feel (think Blackbird) which is not our cup of tea. Others may feel differently. This night was slammed with traffic and the pace was slow. We did the 'appetizer' tasting menu. It took 3 hours. We've done the tastings in F. P. and they've been great. We did not like the 3 plates per course approach. Some tastes compete with one another & don't all match the wine pairings. The wine pairings were interesting - worth it. Server excellent & apologetic, but too busy. Will come back for outdoor dining. For now, still working it out.Special Features:
- WOW!KimberleesAdventuresDined on 9/5/2014The overall quality from the appetizers to the main entree to the dessert list can certainly compete with the finest restaurants in Chicago. Their steak was one of the finest I have ever tasted. The location is small and intimate. They lack a bar so if you get there early, you may have to stand outside as seating runs right up to the door. They can double their seating with romantic cobblestone outdoor seating. I place this restaurant as a top 10 on my list for fine dining experiences. Dinner for two, including bottle of wine, appetizers, main entree and dessert will run $180 - $200 including tip. One of the BEST in the Fox Valley.Special Features: