Gaby Restaurant at Sofitel Luxury Hotel - NY
44 West 45th Street - Sofitel New York
Sofitel New York
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Gaby Restaurant at Sofitel Luxury Hotel - NY
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gabynyrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2127823040
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday to Saturday - 6:00am / 12:00pm
Lunch: Monday to Friday - 12:00pm / 2:00pm
Brunch: Saturday to Sunday: 12:00pm / 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday to Saturday - 5:00pm / 10:30pm
Bar Food Selection available from 12:00pm / 11:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sylvain Harribey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Events come naturally with more than 6700 sq. ft of meeting and banquet space including Le Grand Paris Ballroom, a spectacular venue with soaring windows that fill the space with natural light. Chef, Sylvain Harribey has created a special menu for your private parties.
- Cross Street: Between 5th and 6th Avenues
- Public Transit: Grand Central Station and Times Square-42nd Street are both within two blocks of the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking services are available at Sofitel New York, 45 West 44th Street (between 5th and 6th Ave)
A word from Gaby Restaurant at Sofitel Luxury Hotel - NY
Described as one of the top New York French restaurants, Gaby blends classic French cuisine with an American twist. Indulge in our De-Light menu where you will find low calorie three course meals. Can't decided what you want to eat? Try one of our 30-minute meals served Bento Box-style. Accompany your meal with an extensive worldwide wine selection introduces a flight program for you to discover different grape varieties. Our artisanal cheeses and mini desserts creations are the highlights for an after dinner treat. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at this renowned New York dining spot or simply unwind at Gaby Bar .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gaby Restaurant at Sofitel Luxury Hotel - NY reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (7)fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)special occasion (6)good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Beautiful décor. Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009Beautiful décor. Great food and very good service.Special Features:
- Was there for lunch. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/13/2009Was there for lunch. The food was very good. However, the service was just atrocious. The restaurant was only moderately crowded, and I practically had to stand up and wave my arms to get any member of the wait staff to acknowledge our table's presence. That was true in terms of ordering a drink, ordering the meal, getting the check, etc. It was really disgraceful.
- Very nice experience at Gaby's.LaurieVIPDined on 12/6/2008Very nice experience at Gaby's. Seating is generous; tables are widely spaced. Ambiance is average hotel setting. A little noisy because bar is right next to restaurant and was noisy the night we were there. Service is very good. Food overall was very good. Chicken and short ribs entrees were nicely presented and very tasty. Lobster and scallop appetizer very good. This is a good alternative for pretheater dining and we will be back.
- We had a fabulous ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/27/2008We had a fabulous Thanksgiving dinner at Gaby's with out 2 children before heading to Radio City for the Christmas Spectacular. It was the perfect meal. Thanks to everyone at Gaby's for the wonderful food and exceptional service.Special Features:
- Food and service was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2008Food and service was great! Ambiance was very nice, but could have been a little darker and the music was WAY out of place. Maybe some soft French music might be nicer.
- I go to Gaby for businessOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/3/2008I go to Gaby for business breakfasts all the time. The food is good and the service is OK. The prices are very high, i.e. $65 for breakfast for two --- not enough to stop me, but you would not want to take the whole family.Special Features:
- A good looking restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/10/2008A good looking restaurant with a notable menu and wine list. However the food fell short. The escargot was overcooked becoming chewy, the lobster bisque was oily. Only 2 of our 4 dishes were good. The special sole in lemon juice - the sole was well cooked with no discernible lemon taste and the goat cheese appetizer which was excellent.Special Features:
- The restaurant was quiet forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2008The restaurant was quiet for pre theather. The food was good as well as the service. I enjoyed my visit at this place. Not much happening so in earlier dinner hours...Special Features:
- Lunch was very nice. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/29/2008Lunch was very nice. Service was friendly and quick. We went there for a lunch with 6 people and were in and out within an hour. Food was excellentSpecial Features:
- We really enjoyed our dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2008We really enjoyed our dinner. The service was excellent. The ambiance was relaxed. We will go back.Special Features:
- Great for lunch as they haveOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/23/2008Great for lunch as they have a special 30 minute lunch menu that includes appetizers and dessert. But even if you don't take the 30 minute special and ask to speed it up, they're very accommodating. Atmosphere is comfortable, waitstaff service is superb and food is great.Special Features:
- I use it as a business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2008I use it as a business lunch spot - where the food is interesting and light and it is easy to have a conversation.Special Features:
- good restaurant - good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/19/2008good restaurant - good service - perfect for business
- I ate dinner at Gaby's withMarleneDined on 8/9/2008I ate dinner at Gaby's with two friends with a 6:30 reservation. The restaurant was clean, attractive and quite empty. The food was just okay. My hanger steak was good and flavorful. One person ordered a Salad Nicoise. The tuna was much too salty and she was unable to eat it. They did bring her a new salad. The portions were quite small and the prices were high. The service was just okay as well. At the end of the meal we paid cash and had to wait a very long time for the waiter to return with our change. The lack of customers at that time made us wonder why the service was so slow. We would not return.
- A beautiful, quiet restaurantNYCDinerDined on 8/6/2008A beautiful, quiet restaurant with wonderful service and interesting wines including offerings of "flights" of wines in various categories. Excellent food and service. A rare island of calm near enough the theatre district to make an evening out complete.Special Features:
- Although there was one mistakeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/25/2008Although there was one mistake in the order - one person got a different flavor quiche then they ordered, it was immediately corrected and we only had to wait a few minutes. The waiter was very attentive and the clearing of the table was seamless and quiet.Special Features:
- Hi there, That food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/17/2008Hi there, That food was very good. But service was too slow. It took 20 min. to have appetizer. And main lunch came 45 min. after we entered. So, one guest should go back his office for his appointment, not finished his lunch. Thanks.Special Features:
- Great place for a businessLocalBusinessGuyDined on 7/14/2008Great place for a business meeting in a French bistro setting.Special Features:
- Too pricey for the food.zippyDined on 7/10/2008Too pricey for the food. There is no reason for a $22.00 hamburgerSpecial Features:
- We made reservations throughnycboyDined on 6/15/2008We made reservations through Open Table for 11:30 PM on Sunday night 6-15-2008. Since we were staying at the Sofitel we thought this would be convenient for us upon returning from The Tony Awards that night. Upon checking with the restaurant the day before we were asked if we could move our reservations up to 11:00. However we could not and were told we would be able to order off the bar menu.After we arrived about 11:20 Sunday we were told that the kitchen was closing at midnight. We did manage to get our order in and had a very good meal. My question is this:Why would Open Table list an 11:30 seating if the restaurant closes at midnight? Overall it was still an enjoyable experience.
- everything was lovely; greatBeanieDined on 6/15/2008everything was lovely; great food, ambiance and service; really enjoyed the brunch; would love to be able to see their menus online.Special Features:
- Great for lunch if you takeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/9/2008Great for lunch if you take their 30 minute express lunch. We didn't and while the appetizer and entree were served reasonably timely (lunch took an hour) it took 15 minutes to get the check.
- The service was poor. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/9/2008The service was poor. We had a party of 4 and it took over 30 minutes after we ordered to get the food. 3 peoople were served and the fourth person had to wait an easy 10 minutes for their dish to arrive.Special Features:
- My expericence was mared byOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2008My expericence was mared by the FLY I found floating in my water glass. Someone (maybe a manager) changed out the glass upon request but did not apologize or come back to the table. The service was slow and food was ok (it was hard to eat after the fly incident). I was highly suprised that such a fine dinning establishment would handle a foreign object in my water glass with such poor customer service skills. Not the type of service I've come to expect at the sofitel, very disapointing.
- Excellent menu. FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/19/2008Excellent menu. Friendly and professional service A real Midtown findSpecial Features:
- For a hotel restaurant, GabyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/16/2008For a hotel restaurant, Gaby was surprisingly good.Special Features:
- My friend and I are very pickingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/14/2008My friend and I are very picking when we dine in NYC. This was a true find and we will eat here again...Dee-lish.Special Features:
- Excellent time and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2008Excellent time and excellent food. Staff exceptionally helpful over and above the call(providing a bag of ice for my injured ankle).Special Features:
- Out of ALL the restaurantsBarbDined on 5/3/2008Out of ALL the restaurants to choose from in New York, my husband and I decided to have a quiet, intimate dinner for our anniversary at Gabby's. This was our first trip to the Big Apple. After a long day of walking and sightseeing, it was so nice to not have to leave the hotel for dinner. Another reason we chose Gabby's is a Prix Fixe menu was offered, with wine pairing, at a VERY reasonable dollar amount. Beautiful presentation of food, great wine, excellent service as we sat at a cozy table for two looking out the window as the drizzle of rain came down on the passersby. The French paintings on the wall added to the romantic ambiance of the room. Recommend very highly!Special Features:
- Overall I thought the qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2008Overall I thought the quality of the food was just ok - below average. The appetizer w/ the shrimp was terrible and the shrimp with my entree was awful. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone and to boot it wasn't cheap either.
- Excellent menu. Food wellOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/10/2008Excellent menu. Food well prepared and presented. a midtown find.Special Features:
- Great lunch spot. All enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/20/2008Great lunch spot. All enjoyed and will be going backSpecial Features:
- It was good but I thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/18/2008It was good but I thought over priced. It is a hotel restaurant. It was close to the theater that I was going to.
- We went VERY early becauseEaterVIPDined on 3/10/2008We went VERY early because we had a 6:30 appointment, so there was literally no one else around...therefore the place was wonderfully quiet and the service was fine. Couldn't really answer the other questions. We were pleasantly surprised.