Gaby Restaurant at Sofitel Luxury Hotel - NY
44 West 45th Street - Sofitel New York
Sofitel New York
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Gaby Restaurant at Sofitel Luxury Hotel - NY
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gabynyrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2127823040
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday to Saturday - 6:00am / 12:00pm
Lunch: Monday to Friday - 12:00pm / 2:00pm
Brunch: Saturday to Sunday: 12:00pm / 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday to Saturday - 5:00pm / 10:30pm
Bar Food Selection available from 12:00pm / 11:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sylvain Harribey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Events come naturally with more than 6700 sq. ft of meeting and banquet space including Le Grand Paris Ballroom, a spectacular venue with soaring windows that fill the space with natural light. Chef, Sylvain Harribey has created a special menu for your private parties.
- Cross Street: Between 5th and 6th Avenues
- Public Transit: Grand Central Station and Times Square-42nd Street are both within two blocks of the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking services are available at Sofitel New York, 45 West 44th Street (between 5th and 6th Ave)
A word from Gaby Restaurant at Sofitel Luxury Hotel - NY
Described as one of the top New York French restaurants, Gaby blends classic French cuisine with an American twist. Indulge in our De-Light menu where you will find low calorie three course meals. Can't decided what you want to eat? Try one of our 30-minute meals served Bento Box-style. Accompany your meal with an extensive worldwide wine selection introduces a flight program for you to discover different grape varieties. Our artisanal cheeses and mini desserts creations are the highlights for an after dinner treat. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at this renowned New York dining spot or simply unwind at Gaby Bar .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gaby Restaurant at Sofitel Luxury Hotel - NY reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (6)romantic (5)special occasion (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- disapointed with gaby restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013disapointed with gaby restaurant the food was so bad it they microved it,my wife didn't eat ,we to find fast food ouside,imagine was valentine day.Special Features:
- food was good nothing outstandingpj2inassauDined on 1/7/2013food was good nothing outstanding waiter was having a bad day was rude and unfriendly didnt introduce himself or inform us of specials or soup of day restaurant was beautiful and spotless really should give their wait staff secret shopper experience tySpecial Features:
- What a horrible experience!SusieDined on 1/5/2013What a horrible experience! We arrived before 6 PM ordering an appetizer and main course (no drinks). The appetizer came about 30 minutes later and by 7:15 PM after not seeing our waiter since we ordered, I reported to the hostess that we had a show to catch and needed our food immediately. She found our waiter who rather than apologizing, informed us that our dinner would be in a few more minutes. He asked if we wanted to cancel the main course! Since this was a birthday celebration dinner for my date, and I had put a special note on Open Table when I made the reservation, I was shocked. The main course came at 7:25 PM and was an overdone, dry piece of salmon which I left over.
- Great place to dine. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Great place to dine. Service is a little slow but staff is pleasant and always respectful.Special Features:
- We had the Christmas Day specialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2012We had the Christmas Day special dinner. Food was OK, but not at the standard you would expect at a high-end hotel restaurant. In addition, the cost was very high - we ate a full degustation menu (paired with wine) the next day at Rouge Tomate (one Michelin star) for the same total cost (and the experience was much better).
- As visitors to New York weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012As visitors to New York we were delighted to find Gaby Restaurant and could not have made a better choice for our family Christmas Day lunch. The food was superb, the service outstanding and the atmosphere perfect. Even though it was a fixed menu, the staff did not hesitate to assist in arranging an alternate choice when advised two of our party did not eat oysters, one of the courses being served, the sign of an excellent restaurant clearly focused on customer service and happy dining experience for all! Best of all we were not rushed through our dining experience and able to savour every aspect of the meal. Many thanks!Special Features:
- The meal was very nice andTangoerDined on 12/19/2012The meal was very nice and we enjoyed the 30-minute lunch. Regrettably, the service was very slow . It took over an hour to have our meal to the table and the waiter was dodging us every time we tried to attract his attention. Too bad because I had better prior experience there.Special Features:
- Broadway show not necessaryJanTrishVIPDined on 12/14/2012Attentive professional staff hi light this broadway gem tucked away in a quaint hotel. Fresh fish extensive wine list with a French touch made for a perfect experience. Romantic setting or quiet setting for small groups to converse. Would return with or without broadway tickets.Special Features:
- It was recommended me by aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/5/2012It was recommended me by a friend and I think it was a good choice.Special Features:
- Disappointing Thanksgiving offeringOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012We went on Thanksgiving and were disappointed that there were only two choices for appetizer and entree. Regular menu was not available even though I had been told that it would be when I phoned prior to making our reservation. Thanksgiving menu was mentioned on the web site but without details. Food was good but I would have preferred a single dessert rather than a family plate of very small items. No snacks (olives, nuts, etc.) served with our drinks although I saw them on a table of other people who came in later to have drinks. That table also seemed to have other hot items (calamari?) for which no menu was presented to us.
- Enjoyable mealninaojcDined on 11/22/2012We enjoyed our Thanksgiving dinner away from home at the Gaby Brasserie. The special menu was traditional with a creative flair. It was helpful that our kids could order from the regular menu. The service was slow but our server was very nice.Special Features:
- Took my grandaughter for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2012Took my grandaughter for dinner and show...... FantasticSpecial Features:
- Great spot for a businessVisitingNYCVIPDined on 11/16/2012Great spot for a business lunch where you need to talk and hear one another, or for an escape with that special someone (wife in my case), to have a very sophiscated atmosphere and very attentive service. Food was very good and the price point was fair.Special Features:
- pleasant ambiance and fooddeliciousVIPDined on 11/14/2012pleasant ambiance and food I thought their would be more mushrooms in my rice with mushroom added swt sauce was ok but not what I thoughtSpecial Features:
- Ordered daily special to expectLamchopVIPDined on 11/13/2012Ordered daily special to expect fast service but waited more than 45 minutes for food....
- The Gaby staff met our after-theatrOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012The Gaby staff met our after-theatre needs as promised.Special Features:
- Gabby's at Sofitel NYCMcrockerDined on 10/27/2012Gabby's is a nice place to catch a bit, the food while limited menu is very good and well prepared. It is a good little place to catch a glass of wine and an appetizer or small plate and have a conversation.
- Perfect for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/26/2012Ideal spot for a business lunch. I booked it based on the reviews and was not disappointed. We were seated in a quieter area of the restaurant appropriate for a professional meeting. Food and service were excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Good Resturant, excellentFastEddieDined on 10/17/2012Good Resturant, excellent service. Lacks a little ambiance.Special Features:
- Very good food though notMartyVIPDined on 10/13/2012Very good food though not a truly French experience. Very good service. An enjoyable evening.
- Gaby's was a great choiceGreatNightoutDined on 10/9/2012Gaby's was a great choice for dinner close to New York's theater district. The food was excellent as was the service. The prices were very reasonable for a Manhattan French restaurant. The decor was just right for a romantic dinner. There was no stuffy dress code. All in all Gaby's turned out to be an excellent choice. We intend to return the next time we're in the city.Special Features:
- Very nice decor and top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2012Very nice decor and top notch service. Food was excellent and did a nice extra for our birthday celebration at dessert time!!
- A good business breakfast,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/8/2012A good business breakfast, but seemingly more targeted to the hotel guests.
- Great meal and great dealOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/22/2012Great meal and great deal during French restaurant weekSpecial Features:
- Outstanding serviceSusanDined on 9/19/2012Once again, Gaby does not disappoint. They accommodated my work group of 6 and gave us a private area which made us feel special. Thank you for the great service and delicious food. My colleague was very pleased with his burger!Special Features:
- Gaby's was a nice place tofoodEVIPDined on 9/7/2012Gaby's was a nice place to go for lunch because it was not super crowded so we got our food quickly. Unfortunately, the waiter wasn't entirely helpful in choosing a dish for lunch, which I sometimes rely on their input. The red fish was a little too fishy, but I don't know if that is just a result of the type of fish. Overall the service was fine and we got in and out quickly, which was most important.Special Features:
- Perfect ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2012Lovely restaurant! Service is impeccable! Greeted the moment we walked in and shown to a window table. We were enroute to the theater this evening and the Maitre'd asked us as we were seated as did our waiter. The cocktails were excellent the bartender knew how to mix a drink! We order the 3 course Prixe Fixe after the waiter assured us we would have time to enjoy it. He also helped with our ordering decisions and the selections were perfect. Would definately recommend and visit again!Special Features:
- Excellent choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/3/2012The Gaby has everything going for it: Excellent food matched by excellent service in a charming, relaxing environment and great location (walking distance to Times Square and 5th Avenue shops.) The hostess was friendly and had a delightful, personable manner about her. The server was knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. His assistant was diligent and precise and also very friendly. The filet mignon, sides, and crab cake were outstanding. A wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Very reliable and consistent GreOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/28/2012Very reliable and consistent Great for lunch any day
- Bland food, aloof waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2012Food was edible but uninspired; salad part of seared tuna salad was very good but seared tuna was overdone and crust lacked promised wasabi flavor. The busboys were very helpful but our waiter seemed intent on recapitulating old jokes about diffident French waiters. He couldn't even be bothered to give us a bill after our meal until we sent a busboy after him. It wasn't because of overwork, either-- we ate late and the restaurant was only 20% full. Decor was rather hard-edged and I think the noise levelwould have been high if theplace were more crowded.
- Great food for a reasonablemartyDined on 7/18/2012Great food for a reasonable price (at least for New York). Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- The food was great. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2012The food was great. The service leftmuch to be desired.Special Features:
- Delicious lunch at Gaby=OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2012I had The Atlantic 30 minute lunch, which for $30 included a delicious lobster bisque that was not overly creamy and perfect, smoked salmon, a crab cake, and desert which the chef was kind enough to substitute, creme brulee with blueberries and raspberries. It took a while for the food to be served, but when it came out, it was served on a large separated plate with all four items. I'd certainly go back to Gaby.Special Features:
- food was great and staff wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/8/2012food was great and staff was friendly! definitely will go back and try out the dinner ( was there for brunch).Special Features:
- good food, excellent service,57streetVIPDined on 7/3/2012good food, excellent service, good place where you can have conversationSpecial Features:
- The restaurant decor and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2012The restaurant decor and ambience were very good, also the food was good. Our main waiter was very polite and attentive, there was one other waiter who was not so polite. The barman was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Pre-show dinner special menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2012Pre-show dinner special menu. Great food and service! Amazing Dessert!
- Put Gaby on your listPJMfoodieVIPDined on 6/18/2012Excellent service. Great food - I ordered a Low cal / low carb appetizer offering (shrimp and mango sauce), filet mignon and dessert along with a nice Cab. restaurant was quiet. Shouldn't be... This is a gem that happens to be just off Broadway.Special Features:
- More flavor, less presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2012Overall I give this restaurant a 3/5. I had made a last minute reservation to dine with my brother and mother. We were very excited to order when we read that the owner was the winner of Food Network's Chopped but were left a little less than satisfied when we took a bite of the salmon. We found it to be dry and lacking flavor. The fish and chips were delicious; the fries were pretty interesting and tasteful for that sort of restaurant. I have to make a comment about our waiter whose service was fine only he came back to our table everytime smelling like cigarette smoke. Other than that the ambiance was great. Very cute restaurant. Maybe they should focus a little more on the quality of the food and less about the presentation of it.Special Features:
- Good for near-theater. WouldblueiguanaVIPDined on 6/6/2012Good for near-theater. Would give it a much higher rating as the staff was friendly and food was fine, BUT it took forever to get our food and drinks.