Gaby Restaurant at Sofitel Luxury Hotel - NY
44 West 45th Street - Sofitel New York
Sofitel New York
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Gaby Restaurant at Sofitel Luxury Hotel - NY
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gabynyrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2127823040
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday to Saturday - 6:00am / 12:00pm
Lunch: Monday to Friday - 12:00pm / 2:00pm
Brunch: Saturday to Sunday: 12:00pm / 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday to Saturday - 5:00pm / 10:30pm
Bar Food Selection available from 12:00pm / 11:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sylvain Harribey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Events come naturally with more than 6700 sq. ft of meeting and banquet space including Le Grand Paris Ballroom, a spectacular venue with soaring windows that fill the space with natural light. Chef, Sylvain Harribey has created a special menu for your private parties.
- Cross Street: Between 5th and 6th Avenues
- Public Transit: Grand Central Station and Times Square-42nd Street are both within two blocks of the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking services are available at Sofitel New York, 45 West 44th Street (between 5th and 6th Ave)
A word from Gaby Restaurant at Sofitel Luxury Hotel - NY
Described as one of the top New York French restaurants, Gaby blends classic French cuisine with an American twist. Indulge in our De-Light menu where you will find low calorie three course meals. Can't decided what you want to eat? Try one of our 30-minute meals served Bento Box-style. Accompany your meal with an extensive worldwide wine selection introduces a flight program for you to discover different grape varieties. Our artisanal cheeses and mini desserts creations are the highlights for an after dinner treat. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at this renowned New York dining spot or simply unwind at Gaby Bar .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gaby Restaurant at Sofitel Luxury Hotel - NY reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (7)fit for foodies (7)great for brunch (6)special occasion (6)great for lunch (6)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Always a pleasure!MrsMLDined on 9/13/2014On previous visits, I had only been for lunch or a late night snack (with drinks). Saturday September 13, I came in with a friend for dinner before a play. We both had salmon which was cooked to perfection. It was one of the pre theater fix price menu items. I had the mushroom soup while my friend had the salad, both, were nice sized portions. I can't say enough about the bread that was brought to the table...Each roll was worth every bite of added calories...Lastly, we finished with the Crème Brule...a wonderful light finish to a very pleasant meal. As always, the wait staff was exceptional and seem to enjoy their job. They were all very accommodating and always professional.Special Features:
- Hello, wake up !OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/11/2014Inattentive service, especially for a a business breakfast
- Odd experienceDylanDined on 9/9/2014I've eaten at Gaby often and like it very much. I've introduced many people to both the bar and restaurant, having only wonderful experiences there. That's where the "odd" part comes in . . . I was asked to set up a work lunch and suggested Gaby to everyone. About 4 of the 6 guests ordered their 30 for $30 lunch at 12:10, and at 1:00 none of us had been served. The food was delicious and the waiter attentive, but there was never an explanation as to why it took so long or why one of the items had been substituted for something else (which actually could have been disastrous as the substitute was cream of mushroom soup to a person who was highly allergic!). The soup was quickly exchanged but a damper was over the whole experience.Special Features:
- Attentive staffJerseycookieDined on 9/6/2014The staff was accommodating as we arrived before noon lunch. The menu was varied with well prepared dishes.Special Features:
- Nice for lunchKMF58VIPDined on 8/14/2014Delicious quiche. Nice menu options. I would return
- simply perfectboo82Dined on 7/25/2014great food, very good service - a 5-star-place for us... we'll come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French PerfectionFrenchieNYC1Dined on 7/19/2014It's been a long time since I had a wonderful French breakfast. The wait staff was extremely courtesy and friendly while the food was delicious! Merci Beaucoup!Special Features:
- DisappointedTinaDined on 7/12/2014We were a little surprised to find the dining room practically empty, even at 7pm when we left. The food was average, the service was very good but a little rushed. We chose this restaurant because of it's location in the theater district but would not go back again.
- Top Service. Great atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Went here with my adult daughter for our last night on out New York holiday. She is a vegan and the chef came out and personally discussed a special meal to meet her needs. What arrived was excellent and delighted her. Service was exceptional and I felt the cost was very reasonable for such a fine dining experience. I have dined at many Sofitels around the world but this was a special experience for my daughter and myself. Hight recommended you give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 6/6/2014nice place for lunch, especially if you arrive early. Pleasant, but slow service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GabyRobBDined on 5/30/2014My fiancée and I found this gem via yelp, and I'm glad I did! It was next door to the hotel we stayed at, and it was great! The hostess was attractive and very personable, which are qualities I appreciate in restaurant staff. The atmosphere was perfect for "date night" and the tables had cut calla lillies on them, which happens to be her favorite flower! Food was amazing! I had the roast chicken with lobster and she had the Niçoise salad and both were tasty and perfectly prepared. She recently visited Paris and said the food at Gaby was on par with her fare in France. I highly recommend Gaby at the Sofitel, it's worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in theater districtEataroundDined on 5/25/2014We had a limited-choice menu that came with the Gourmet room package at the Sofitel. It had only classic dishes--retro dishes, really--and everything was very good. We were expecting imaginative chef's creations (based on his win of Chopp'd) but not on this menu. French onion soup was best in class, and the filet mignon was good (mine tasted slightly musty and off as though it had been left out of the refrigerator for a day, but husband's was perfect). The mushroom sauce was stellar. Desserts of creme brulée and chocolate lava cake were excellent and especially the crème brulée. The restaurant is charming and romantic and really a little oasis in the theater district.Special Features:
- The following 302 reviews are from the Gaby Restaurant at Sofitel Luxury Hotel - NY reviews archive.
- Vegetarian food optionsBrendastarrDined on 5/13/2014This was a lovely place but needing a gluten free vegetarian option, it was difficult to find something suitable on the menu.Special Features:
- Paris on 45th StreetNYCityLadyDined on 5/10/2014The restaurant is located in a Hotel which is resplendent with Art Deco furniture and Art. The service is excellent and the food choices are classic french brunch / lunch items like croque monsieur and onion soup and Salad Nicoise. I found the restaurant accomodating when I requested a quiet private table. It was not super busy on a saturday and I found this a perfect prelude to a saturday matinee. I would go again when I am attending a matinee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow and mediocrePowerLunchVIPDined on 5/7/2014Our party of four was seated at 1210 for a 1215 lunch reservation. Thereafter, things went downhill. Appetizers arrived at 1250, even after asking at 1240 when we might see our food and emphasizing we had about half an hour left. When the appetizers arrived we asked that they please bring the entrees as some of us had to leave at 115. Entrees arrived at 105. My tuna in the Niçoise salad was dry and overcooked. Portions were small -- I had only the Niçoise salad, no appetizer, and left hungry. Service was inattentive, other than the water guy, who regularly came around filling glasses. As far as I could tell our waiter never checked in on us. This is my second effort at a business lunch here. There won't be a third attempt.
- Request grantedFrenchconnectionDined on 5/6/2014I had asked for a quiet corner table when I booked my reservation online. I got exactly that. With one member of our party being very hard of hearing, it was important that we had a reasonable amount of quiet so we could communicate as well as possible with that person. The service was perfect - attentive but not overly, pleasant, and the waiter had a wonderful sense of humor. I love this place for lunch and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Another restaurant's hotelJoserraVIPDined on 5/3/2014You will not find Great food here, only great prices. Service is just Ok.
- dissappointing dinnerRdr525VIPDined on 5/3/2014When we arrived,they had a B rating, but I know it can be for a minor infraction, so we went in. Bar room wasn't packed at 5PM but lively. We were shown to a small window table in an empty room. No one else was seated here until we were almost finished w/our mains. DH ordered a goat cheese salad, which we shared. I liked the dressing,he didnt but did like the goat cheese on bread. I had chx w/a side of lobster ravioli and DH had rib eye. ALL the food had way too much course ground black pepper and his potatoes were overly salty. We did not have soda or coffee, since I feel $6 ea is a way overpriced, even for Manhattan We are in NYC often but this is one restaurant we will not return to
- Great Business LunchBexxDined on 3/28/2014Had to take clients to a lunch and I was looking for somewhere close to Grand Central/Bryant Park area - which can be difficult. Gaby was a wonderful location with great service and a smart professional setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual LI frequent NYC visitorElvisDined on 3/15/2014As 2 critical LI and NYers, Gaby came thru and fed us in classy french style, without the attitude. It is, however, a hotel restaurant with all the ambiance of a nice hotel. The staff is attentive, yet a bit slow with water, etc. The coffee is superb and very French in taste and presentation. Food is very good, though, we only had breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaby! Glorious find for pre theaterFrancoiseDined on 3/5/2014Nothing puts you in the mood for great NYC theater more than an elegant lunch that you wouldn't prepare at home, at very reasonable prices...the wait staff was very attentive and showered us with petit surprises along the way...we could hear each other speak (a wonderful plus that we have missed elsewhere)....Tres Bien!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted a romantic and notOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Wanted a romantic and not too noisy restaurant close to the theater district. Gaby fit the bill. Meal prices were reasonable, drink prices were a bit steep.Special Features:
- very pleasant dinnermadame2828VIPDined on 2/14/2014I was having dinner by myself on Valentine's Day, food was very good, but the staff was wonderful, made me feel very comfortable.Special Features:
- great food but ambience so-sobkfoodieDined on 2/1/2014The food was really delicious and beautifully presented, but we could hear some sort of thumping music from the bar, and the general ambience felt a little closer to cheap-trying-to-be-fancy rather than truly nice.
- delicious food great ambiencecityfunDined on 1/17/2014We love Gaby's and eat there every time we stay at the Sofitel. Great atmosphere, food, and service. The salmon was delicious and the risotto moist and flavorful. Definitely recommend eating at Gaby's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 Biz Meetings Great LocationMoboDined on 1/13/2014I did two biz lunches here, two days in a row. It was terrific. This is my go to spot for biz lunches in mid town. Butternut Squash soup is a seasonal fav.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2014This was not the first time we have eaten at Gaby's, and it certainly won't be the last. From the ambience, to the service, to the food, this was another great experience. We were seated towards the back, in a nice, quiet area of the restaurant. The service was immediate and consistent, never having an empty water glass for over a minute. Our meals were of generation portion, seasoned well, but never taking away or masking the quality of the overall dish. It's tradition to get the creme brule at the end of every meal and it did not disappoint. I would highly recommend Gaby's for anyone looking for a great dining experience beyond the excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre theatre spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/8/2014Service was excellent and very friendly. Food was delicious! They serve French press coffee which is always special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- un endroit très agréableAnisabel74Dined on 12/31/2013Un accueil chaleureux, une ambiance feutrée, une cuisine raffinée, un service parfait : ce restaurant vaut le détour, vraiment ! Nous y avons dîné avec des amis le soir du nouvel an, quand New York bruissait sous les feux de Time square et nous avons eu l'impression d'êtres dans un havre de paix... De plus, le rapport qualité/prix est excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to Gaby's a fewWP2013VIPDined on 12/28/2013We have been to Gaby's a few times now for brunch/lunch on a weekend, and we love it. The staff is friendly, and the ambience very pleasant and relatively quiet. It is actually possible to carry out a conversation without having to shout, as is the case in so many NY restaurants. The only suggestion I have is for the service to be a bit more attentive -- we were never given any jam/marmelade for our bread/croissants, and had to request a refill of water. This did not detract from our delightful brunch, but it would certainly have made it even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Dinner Prix fixebibi2013Dined on 12/25/2013this meal was well worth its price...$95 per. My guest and I enjoyed a lovely meal & quiet ambiance. The foie gras was terrific, as was the filet mignon. We were delighted to find such a nice place for Xmas dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good breakfastepicureDined on 12/25/2013This place is very nice. The atmosphere is intimate, comfortable; the noise level is manageable. The food is excellent. We had a breakfast at Christmas morning here. Our breakfast was delicious. The service was very good to. If there is a downside – breakfast was not cheap and the host girl was not very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas in New YorkRubydinesDined on 12/24/2013I dined Christmas Eve and it was a fixed menu - the fois gras was divine. The whole experience was fabulous - the lobster dish with puff pastry was superb, the filet mignon melted in my mouth and the accompanying simple potatoes and green beers were a great balance. My desert was a substitute - served promptly and with no fuss (as it don't eat chocolate and that was the menu standard) three petite deserts of which the Creme Carmel was a standout. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knocked Down with ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/20/2013My wife and I enjoyed a nice quiet table for two by the sidewalk on 45th and enjoyed a wonderful meal with very attentive waiter. Everyone could not have been nicer...I plan to go back soon!...JTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always reliableAmacDined on 12/16/2013excellent location for business breakfast, lunch or dinner. always very reliable service and food. highly recommendI would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint and Elegant - Limited MenuGeorgeWMDined on 12/15/2013Gaby has a good location, convenient to theaters and Times Square. I thought the menu was limited with just over 7 or 8 items as entrees. I order the rib-eye steak and my wife had the vegetable lasagna. Both were good but not outstanding. The wine list did not have a bottle under $50. I think every restaurant like this should have a few selections at or under $40..
- Was expecting more.HarryVertDined on 12/10/2013I expected more from the pictures and reviews online. The food is fine, but nothing to write home about and I'm not gonna waste space here. It's hotel food and hotel service. The soup was good, the chicken was dry and the lobster ravioli was cold and simple, maybe frozen ravioli? My guest did seem to enjoy her steak although the fries were also served cold. We would have asked for a re-fire but we never saw the " Captain?" again. Back waiter was friendly, but nobody checked on the food. The food also took awhile. We sat 6 and didn't have time for dessert because we had to catch a show next door. Eat here if you are staying at the hotel and just don't know where else to go.Special Features:
- Service was very good. SaladsJerryDined on 12/6/2013Service was very good. Salads were plentiful and tasty but no figs as listed. entrees were attractively served but lacked flavor. Glass of wine was moderately priced but some bottles wee greatly overpriced.
- Gaby for BreakfastBx2BostonVIPDined on 12/3/2013Went to Gaby for business breakfast. Very nice atmosphere...clean, comfortable with just the right amount of energy to sustain NYC vibrancy, but also allow for good intimate conversations. Menu selection was excellent and varied from savory to healthy. Service was just OK. Took a while for waiter to show up to ask about coffee...asked for 'half and half' and got milk (seemingly a NYC thing). However, french press coffee is the norm...and YUM. Efficient and utilitarian with comfort and some privacy and good breakfast fare.I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressiveDG50Dined on 12/2/2013Pretentious, over pried ($5.00 for a glass of soda water from the bar tap), special of the day really bad tasting. Waiters slow, unresponsive. For lunch, if you must dine here, stick to a sandwich and tap water - no starter, coffee or desert. And leave plenty of time.