Gabriel's - Santa Fe
4 Banana Ln
Santa Fe, NM 87506-0910Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Gabriel's - Santa Fe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gabrielsofsantafe.com/
- Phone: (505) 455-7000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Winter: Sunday - Thursday: 2:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 2:30pm - 9:30pm
Summer: Sunday - Thursday: 2:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 2:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Saul Valtierra Padilla
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Gabriel's is perfectly suited to accomodate groups from 10 to 100 in both private and semi-private dining rooms. Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Contact: Claire Gabriel 5054557000
A word from Gabriel's - Santa Fe
Five minutes north of the Opera on Hwy 285, savor the cuisine of the Southwest and Old Mexico at the eatery Zagat labels "one of America's top restaurants, a true Mexican classic, rated excellent in all categories." Enjoy the spacious outdoor patio with a spectacular mountain view. Inside, the thick adobe walls and kiva fireplaces create a cozy, romantic atmosphere. Featuring guacamole made fresh at your table, renowned margaritas, authentic Mexican cuisine and handmade corn tortillas. Lunch and dinner served daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Gabriel's - Santa Fe - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
Gabriel's - Santa Fe reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (54)good for groups (35)kid-friendly (23)special occasion (19)great for lunch (19)scenic view (18)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (14)romantic (8)great for brunch (6)hot spot (4)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- We still enjoy Gabriel's!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/21/2014Although we are not in Santa Fe on a regular basis, we almost always dine at Gabriel's when we are visiting. The tableside guacamole is a must and the entrees are wonderful as well!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in Santa FeSatisfyingDiningDined on 11/6/2014Excellent Thursday night dinner for two couples -- good food, quiet enough to visit, good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Southwest dininglesnomadesVIPDined on 10/28/2014Fish tacos were great. Enchilada with green chiles was good as well. Table side guacamole was nice. Fun place to go, off an access road of the highway. A step above a chain Mexican restaurant.Special Features:
- UnimpressiveJimandJenniferVIPDined on 10/19/2014Feels, tastes and looks like a chain Mexican restaurant that could be in Fargo, ND. Food was bland and overpriced. (example they want to charge $13 for table side guacamole which they pressure everyone to get and ask you like they are asking if you would like water). Service was like an assembly line and they weren't busy. In 45 min I didn't get a single water refill or ask for a second drink to anyone at the table. Growing up in the southwest I expected more with all the reviews from local Santa Fe residents. If this is what Santa Fe food is then I would say don't bother.
- Still GoodKudaDined on 10/7/2014Each time my colleagues and I come to Santa Fe we hit our usual hot spots. This is one of them. The food is delicious (although their fajita portions are heavier on veg and lighter on meat) and the restaurant is beautiful. The staff is attentive and very polite. I look forward to returning with my colleagues when we return to the area!Special Features:
- Support for Gabriel'sjackiedeeVIPDined on 10/6/2014After the hammering that Gabriel's took in the Pasatiempo...I decided to have lunch on the patio. As per usual, the guacamole cart was good. Whomever wrote the article complained about the amount of jalepanos used...all they had to do was ask for more. Some people can just get in a tizzy over every thing. I had the soft carne asada tacos and my friend had the ribs....which she really likes precisely because they are not so smokey nor overly sweet and gooey. Now had the article criticized the service, I might have understood somewhat. The waiters tend to forget about bringing boxes for left-overs and the check fairly consistently. I like Gabriel's and I thought the review was unfair and inaccurate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The second time was not a charm!SKIPVIPDined on 10/4/2014We've dined at Gabriel's two nights in a row. We were so impressed and enjoyed our dinner so much there on Oct 4th that we decided to go back the following evening. What a difference it was though - especially in terms of greeting and service. The Sunday night crew that we faced there last night wasn't hospitable at all, they rushed our dinner and got us out in about 40 minutes. Although we ordered the same dishes, our dinner was hardly enjoyable the second night. Even the food wasn't prepared as well. How unfortunate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairPM60VIPDined on 9/30/2014I was expecting more.....Service, food and ambiance just ok. Margaritas disappointing. On a positive note, the menu was fairly priced
- Birthday BashLocalat60Dined on 9/27/2014We like going to Gabriel's, this night was particularly noise and very busy. But we enjoyed the ravening.Special Features:
- Delightful and TastyDelightmytongueDined on 9/19/2014I had been to Gabriel's once before with friends, and wanted to take my daughter there when she visited us. We ate outside, with the beautiful scenery and the night air gorgeous. The food was above air, and found it all we wished. The food was better than most Mexican food. The service was prompt and friendly. It is a wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt Like a Chain RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/30/2014My husband just returned home from a long weekend in Santa Fe to celebrate our anniversary. We had every meal in a restaurant and in every single one we had terrible service. Gabriel's was no exception. If I closed my eyes, I'd have sworn I was at a large chain restaurant for the early bird special. Our waiter was very attentive at first but never cleared an empty glass. I ordered the quarter mesquite chicken which had so much potential, but it was just overcooked and dry AND we never saw our waiter again. At this point we were just anxious to get out of there and had to ask another waiter for our check. My advice? Skip it. Not worth the drive if you're staying in Santa Fe where there are so many better more intimate restaurants.Special Features:
- FoodiefoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014Very good traditional Mexican food. Reasonably priced. All drinks and food made from scratch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable favoriteBartoDined on 8/30/2014I love Gabriels for dinners with local friends and for my out-of-town visitors. The table-side guacamole is especially impressive and made to taste and order. They are very accomodating to requests and the food is served very quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!GreenChileLoverDined on 8/29/2014We make an effort to eat at Gabriel's every time we are visiting Santa Fe! We started going 15 years ago when we heard about the freshly made-at-table guacamole, and we are never disappointed. While the guacamole is excellent, we think that everything we ordered was delicious. Our group of 5 started with a pitcher of margaritas, and our table was served with tasty corn chips with a delightful coarse crunch. Our Server was very attentive yet not bothersome. Three of us had the Taos Combination, one had Soft Tacos Al Carbon and the last had Rellanos de Santa Fe. Every bite was delicious! We decided that after 5 days of eating in the Santa Fe area, Gabriel's was the best experience. Loved making reservation online tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 8/29/2014Guacamole prepared at table-side is excellent and large! One of the best New Mexican cuisine restaurants in an area with many good choices. The neighboring Buffalo Thunder resort and casino is really well done but you can easily skip it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantChimachickDined on 8/24/2014Everything was wonderful considering we went on such a busy weekend. The best Margarita's in town!!Special Features:
- Lots of FunJJ34Dined on 8/24/2014We normally dine at Gabriel's once during each trip to Santa Fe. The food is good, the atmosphere as well. I recommend the Patio. Margaritas are great; the table side guacamole is a "happening." If you don't have a great evening at Gabriel's you need help!Special Features:
- Delicious Food!KAB6VIPDined on 8/23/2014From the guacamole made table side, the chile relanos to the sopapillas, everything was delicious! The service was excellent! I highly recommend Gabriel's!Special Features:
- Convenient Mexican For Opera GoerstopocurlsVIPDined on 8/23/2014Wanted a place to go before the opera that served Mexican/Southwestern food. Food was good but nothing great. Had lots of vegetarian options which was helpful since we had a vegetarian in our group. Best part: just ten minutes from the opera!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ReunionLoveLaughterDined on 8/23/2014Via Open Table we were able to easily make a reservation for a party of 9, and the restaurant had us in its books, and the table was ready when we arrived just at the beginning of the dinner rush. Very nice, no rushing us, and the food was enjoyed by everyone in our party.Special Features:
- DickDined on 8/22/2014Had to get waiter's attention to get drinks refilled. Good food, but not exceptional. The guacamole prepared at your table is worth the trip. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always returnOutstandingVIPDined on 8/20/2014We didn't have reservations for this busy time in Santa Fe but we went on Open Table and were able to secure a time. The food was good and the service was good. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect LunchSFChicaVIPDined on 8/19/2014We have been to Gabriel's many, many times. Each time we say, "We should just come for margaritas and guac!" Well, this time we did! Margaritas and guacamole prepared table side--2X's! With the salsa, it was a great lunch!Patio was beautiful as always. Lots of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highlight is the Guacamole CartjackiedeeVIPDined on 8/18/2014Second time in two days that I went back to Gabe's. Service can be a little uneven. Usually right on top of initial chips and salsa and water service. Can take a while for Margaritas, beer and Sangria/Wine. Table has always been ready when I reserved with Open Table. The Ribs are really great...dry rubbed not gooey or sweet. Fall of the bone. Love fajitas, soft carne asada tacos. Don't think the hard tacos are very good....look similar to fast food stuff. Overall, this is one of my favs....especially when I need a guac fix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can't beat the Guac!!jackiedeeVIPDined on 8/17/2014Love the guac cart....the fajitas are large enough for two people to split. I seem to have a problem ordering the fajitas without green bell pepper. I like red and yellow peppers....just can't stand green. anyway I ended up with just onions and green pepper. They corrected mistake. My friend likes the burrito smothered in green. The beans are really good....but, the can do without the rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PdaspitVIPDined on 8/15/2014We have not dined here for several years. The outside patio as well as inside is always busy. The table side guacamole is always fun. If you like it hot tell the preparer to add extra peppers to a smaller serving for one. Typical mexican food fare. It is better in Santa Fe. I would stop here if I was going on a drive north of here-Abiquiu, Ghost Ranch, Chama. Very convenient to stop here on way back to SF. I was not impressed with the burrito. The atmosphere is niceSpecial Features:
- OperanightJAHILDined on 8/15/2014Excellent only failure was the Caesar Salad needed more flavor. Service was terrific and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good diningLosAlamosdinerDined on 8/15/2014I enjoyed dinner yesterday. We ate outside and the atmosphere was great. Service was on the slow side.. but the restaurant was packed. My fish tacos was A LOT of food.. but the soft shell was totally soggy.. had to use a fork and knife to eat the tacos.. I ordered guacamole on the side (not the one on the appetizer..) and it was delicious! I loved their chips and salsa.. Margarita was someone salty.. never had a salty margarita before.. Over a good experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/14/2014Our second visit . . great Mexican/Southwest menu and very good margaritas . .only disappointment : my chicken enchiladas were barely lukewarm . . very surprising.Special Features:
- Texan2Dined on 8/12/2014Food was wonderful, service was very slow. We had a large family group (11 including a toddler) and food service took over 45 minutes to be served.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Santa Fe MustDaveVIPDined on 8/10/2014I had friends visiting from Rhode Island and after a day of hiking in Bandelier we were hungry and ready for some relaxation and great food and as well, Gabriel's delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodloverDined on 8/9/2014We often dine here and tonight was particularly special. We enjoyed an evening on the patio with wonderful atmosphere, great food and excellent service. Thank you, Gabriels!Special Features:
- Ya gotta try iteatsacrossamericaDined on 8/7/2014I'm from Texas. everytime I am anywhere near Santa Fe, Gabriel's is a must stop for me. Especially love the table side guacamole. Great Food, Service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!Writer443Dined on 8/2/2014This place has terrific New Mexican traditional food. Their guacamole that they make right at the table for you is outstanding. The servers and all of the staff are very nice. I recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always worth the rideCliveVIPDined on 8/1/2014This is a good...very good Mexican spot. I go to many local places in town, and sometimes forget just how good it is here. Its a short ride, go at happy hour or sunset. Great presentations, portions and qualitySpecial Features:
- FranchinoDined on 7/28/2014Gabriel's is one of the best restaurant in the country for the southwestern cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 78 reviews are from the Gabriel's - Santa Fe reviews archive.
- Didn't live up to the hypeLinnVIPDined on 7/27/2014Restaurant was OK. The margarita taste like it was made from a mix. The table side guacamole was worth returning for. Other than that - eh.
- As always…great dinnerSFChicaVIPDined on 7/24/2014As we were leaving Gabriel's with some friends that had never been before, my comment was--"It's so consistently good" Gabriel's is just a easy go-to restaurant. Great guacamole made at the table, wonderful mole, fish tacos that are really good(except the 2nd taco tortilla gets soggy and they fall apart, but you eat with a fork instead of your fingers) and really good crab enchiladas. Always consistent. What more can you ask?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDisappointedVIPDined on 7/18/2014Table side guacamole was fantastic and the patio at sunset was beautiful. I try to get here every time I am in the Santa Fe area and will continue to do the same.Special Features:
- Guard your credit cardexnewyorkerDined on 7/14/2014Good food, nice place, but watch out for your credit card. I left my credit card at the restaurant, and 4 hours later, the card was compromised and false charges were appearing on the card. The bank notified us and cancelled the card. I called the restaurant and told the manager, who swore that this would never happen at her place. She said that she would call the bank to investigate and get back to me. I am still waiting for that call. So......be careful if you are using your credit card at this place. I cannot say with 100% that if was compromised at Gabriels, but does it not sound suspicious to you, that I left my card there (the restaurant confirmed that they have it) , and 4 hours later it is being fraudulently.Special Features: