5450 Manhart Street (Hwy 67)
Sedalia, CO 80135Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gabrielsdenver.com/
- Phone: 3036882323x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday - Sunday: Dinner service begins at 5:00pm. Wednesday-Sunday: Lounge opens at 4:00pm for happy hour. Summer live music on patio Friday and Sunday evening from 5:30-8:30.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: While we are perfect for a romantic night out Gabriel's also has fantastic accommodations for weddings, either indoors or outdoors in the garden area, holiday parties, business functions or just about any special event you have on your calendar. Our Victorian 1900's home hosts several smaller rooms to suit private dining rooms for 10 to 40, and our larger, beautifully appointed Milano room accommodates up to 100 guests. We are well known for our service of four course dining to all parties, no matter the size. Gabriel's Trilogy dinner starts with an appetizer, followed by soup, salad and an entree combination dinner of beef marsala, chicken parmigiana and shrimp gorgonzola. This is served with potato rosette, fresh vegetables and warm garlic bread. We do not charge a room fee and the price for the four-course dinner is $34.75 per person, not including tax or gratuity. Gabriel's takes great pride in the impeccable service we give to all our guests and to the large parties hosted.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Bundy 3036882323x
- Entertainment: Friday nights we have live guitar on the patio from 6pm to 9pm. Sunday nights through mid September we have a live jazz quartet on the patio from 6pm to 10pm featuring Don Grove and The Denver Jazz Quartet.
- Special Events: We open at 12:00 noon for the following Holidays; Easter, Mother's Day and Thanksgiving. On New Year's Eve we have a late night party package starting at 8:45 through midnight. Five-course dinner, wine - beer - cocktails, champagne at midnight, dancing.
- Cross Street: Hwy 85 and Hwy 67
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is a private paved parking lot at the back of the restaurant. Turn at the corner to reach the back side of Gabriel's. You may pull into the "turn around" to drop off guests and there will be no stairs into the restaurant from that point. Handicap parking is at the back side of Gabriel's, by the "turn around". We also have street parking out front and on the side of Gabriel's. From the street side there are stairs into the restaurant.
A word from Gabriel's Restaurant
Gabriel's features elegant Northern Italian fine dining in the quaint town of Sedalia. Our restaurant is housed in the Victorian Manhart home which was built at the turn of the 1900's and converted into Gabriel's in 1985. Matthew and Jan, owners, have been serving the greater Denver area for over 20 years now. Gabriel's specializes in three-course dining so you won't just get an entree. Your evening will begin with an appetizer, followed by soup or salad, then the entree of your choice. Our pricing ranges from $25 to $48 for all three courses. The extensive wine list offers a huge variety to compliment any dinner. We are conveniently located between Denver and Colorado Springs, just 20 minutes from the Tech Center and 30 from Denver. Gabriel's is perfect for all occasions; a romantic night out, a wedding, business function, holiday party and more. Indulge yourself and experience the ultimate in elegant fine diningContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Gabriel's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Castle Rock ›
Gabriel's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (152)romantic (119)notable wine list (64)neighborhood gem (57)fit for foodies (44)great for outdoor dining (36)good for groups (34)scenic view (22)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great serviceHeatherDined on 10/18/2014We came here to celebrate our anniversary. We were well taken care of and the service was great. The food was wonderful as well. It is a very quiet restaurant good for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Great for celebrating, memorableDivineRedDined on 10/12/2014This place feels special, from the food to the wine and the service. My mom has her birthday there and since 1995 this place has been wonderful every single time. We have had 10-12 people. They've accommodated children and any request we have had. We have been to a lot if nice places and there's something about this place where you leave feeling spoiled and that you can't wait to come back. Worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedbdego1971Dined on 10/5/2014We only come to Gabriel's on special occasions to treat ourselves. They are a little pricey but worth it, and we're never disappointed. The service is always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The porterhouse steak was fair.Jimc88Dined on 10/5/2014It was ordered medium well and was medium rare for most of the steak. It was not consistent and was tough. It was hard to cut.Special Features:
- Special Occasion - fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014We recently celebrated our wedding anniversary at Gabriels after having had our wedding reception there many years ago. The food & atmosphere were as we remembered - yummy & beautiful! I was a little disappointed by the service only in the fact that our waiter, who was also the Sommelier repeatedly reached across the table to deliver & take away dishes. I am not a snob by any means, but it really bothered me this particular evening! I would expect a fine dining restaurant such as this to practice better service - the serving assistants had better etiquette. But overall, it was a lovely night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We always go to Gabriel's for special occasions and are never disappointedSpecial Features:
- Very RomanticJBDenverDined on 10/3/2014Gabriel's is a wonderful place to visit if you are looking for a nice romantic place for dinner. Their food is great and the service is exceptional.Special Features:
- Still a great dining place, but....SuzeofLarkspurDined on 9/26/2014We brought very experienced Northern Italian connoisseurs to Gabriel's, having dined there many times ourselves. They have a new menu and the items we tried were not up to par with the items on the previous menu. What we were very impressed with was the waiter Eric, who was very attentive and knowledgeable on so many topics from wine to Quinto Taratino. But, of course, we will go back many times. Gabriel is a gem.Special Features:
- disappointingDrDeb12Dined on 9/26/2014The only positive was the service. The food was lousy, surprisingly. Eggplant was tasteless, & pasta it came with was on the Stouffer's level: mushy & overly saucy.As a vegan/vegetarian that was my only option! My husband's steak was also underwhelming. At these prices, we definitely expected a lot better! It was quiet, but I was seated near a floor vent which blew cold air on me all night.Too bad it did not live up to its reputation. I will not recommend it to anyone.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014We love Gabriel's! Great food and service from Vera.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as AlwaysenjoyfoodDined on 9/20/2014The service, food, and atmosphere here is always fabulous. We were celebrating an anniversary and thoroughly enjoyed our experience here.Special Features:
- We keep coming back!DRSuzukiDined on 9/20/2014We like to visit Gabriel's for special occasions. The setting, the service and the food are always great. They do change their menu and always have something new when we visit. This time the shrimp that my wife had was not as good as she has had in the past but everything else was very good. Dessert was the Creme Burlie and it was great! Excellent service, quiet atmosphere and good food will keep us coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyCindyDined on 9/18/2014This restaurant was off the beaten path but the food was excellent! I don't think we have ever had a better server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of AllbesteverDined on 9/17/2014We were celebrating my wife's 73rd birthday and for personal reasons I wanted the best of all places for all the right reasons. Gabriel's was on my list that developed for the occasion. It was the best choice I could have made. The food was excellent. The service was maybe the best I have ever had and the atmosphere was great. What pleased me also was that we could discuss our life and love without shouting.Special Features:
- Old World FlavorCRfriendDined on 9/14/2014Took friends to dinner on Sunday night and we thought it was going to be an early evening due to their schedule Monday morning, but we were enjoying ourselves so much we were there 31/2 hrs! We had some wonderful wine with dinner and enjoyed Gabriel's Special Coffee after dinner. When I realized it was so late (other diners were leaving), I was worried but they said they were having such a wonderful time they didn't want the evening to end. Totally love this place and have been going there for years! A little Gem that many people don't know about. Don't let the drive scare you! You will be glad you tried it. The music on the patio was great also. Haven't experienced this as much as I should have over the years--usually only dinner.Special Features:
- CiCiDined on 9/12/2014Our server James was fantastic!!! The ambiance, food and service was outstanding!! Thank you for a fine evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingneveragainDined on 9/12/2014The food was not prepared well. The entree (lamb) was overly spiced, over-cooked, and not hot when served. The creme broule (spelling ?) was not solid but was like soup and cold under the heated crust. I was very disappointed in the evening.
- elegant, but pricyTyler2Dined on 9/11/2014Old fashion house with elegant rooms, great atmosphere, & very good service, but the food for the price didn't measure up!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect settingEngaged2bewedDined on 9/6/2014My first dining experience at Gabriel's was magical. I chose Gabriel's to celebrate my sweetie's 67th birthday, and he surprised me by proposing marriage in the lovely rose garden. We now consider Gabriel's to be, "our special place."Special Features:
- Great for a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014We have a large circle of friends who are close and everyone has a sense of humor. We were getting reacquainted and our table was probably a bit loud for a romantic - expensive restaurant. The wait staff rolled with it tho - the maître-d booked our private alcove table for the entire evening and we had a wonderful experience. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Special DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014We have been to Gabriel's for special occasions, or just feel like a special dinner! It never fails to please. The service is special, friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- criticDined on 9/5/2014I have been going to Gabriel's for over 30 years. I remember when Gabriel opened it and before it was expanded. Even after he sold it, it has remained one of my favorite restaurants in the Denver area --although, in the old days, it was really out in the hinterlands--it was, and still worth the drive. Due to its uniqueness, whenever I have guests from out of town, it where I always bring them.Special Features:
- Gabriel'sfuntodineDined on 8/31/2014as always we enjoyed our dinner at Gabriel's, it's dependably quiet regardless of the crowds, the atmosphere and cuisine are excellent. We have been to the restaurant many times, people have brought their children and the children are well dressed and well behaved. Its a pleasant experience to see a well developed wine list, and the food is reliably deliciousSpecial Features:
- Fabulous Service :)faverestaurantDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful ambiance, fabulous food and food selection, and outstanding service :) Definitely recommend!!!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Great place to go on anniversary. I booked through open table and through open table told them it was our anniversary and they had a small cake with candle for us. We were WOW'd with the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite Yummy!ALHJVIPDined on 8/30/2014The soup is to die for! It's delicious. The service is generally spot on. Our service this particular visit was a it slow, but not terrible. When you read from comments stating they are not sure what all the fuss is about, then they must not be bringing their taste buds to Gabriel's!Special Features:
- Great eveningGoodeatingDined on 8/30/2014One of the better meals we have had at. Gabriel's. And we haven't had a bad meal there yet. The waiter was congenial but not intrusive. We sat in the dining room next to the bar which wasn't as charming and cozy as the older part of the house. Next time we will request a table in one of the home's original rooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbearably Delicious!dragoshiDined on 8/29/2014The food here is crafted with expertise, and the service and environment reflect that. The pace and ambience of this location reminds you to take your time, enjoy every bite of food, and most importantly, enjoy the company of your friends/family. Dust off your fancy clothes and enjoy a night to remember at Gabriel's.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceskimausVIPDined on 8/29/2014We always enjoy this restaurant. We came for the Restaurant Week menu and they had a fantastic menu. Salmon appetizer with lots of special touches. Duck breast was tender and plentiful. Saltimbocca was delicious. All this topped off with a tiramisu and Gabriel's coffee. Our waiter, James, was an absolute delight. We also had the pleasure of sharing our intimate room with a couple celebrating their 66th wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- EatDrinkEnjoyDined on 8/29/2014Excellent food, atmosphere, and service. Definitely worth the drive fro Denver (30 minutes +/-).Special Features:
- Always a pleasure!eattreatDined on 8/29/2014Gabriel's is a restaurant that is sure to please. With exquisitely prepared meals, a staff whose top priority is your satisfaction, and an ambiance that allows for private conversations, Gabriels provides a wonderful dining experience. A splurge for most, we only dine at Gabriels on special occasions, and have never been disappointed. We have tried many of the entrees, and each was prepared to perfection, and presented beautifully. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- FancyDined on 8/29/2014A long awaited treat or at least I thought!!! We were seated in a great location and waited and waited for someone to return and take our drink order. Our server took orders from people that arrived after we did and still we sat. Finally we received our appetizer and salad only to wait another 30 minutes for our entrée, after my husband got up and asked the maître d to check on our food. The server brought a dessert to make up for the wait. It could have been such a nice evening that turned into a nightmare of waiting!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Never fails to pleaseFoodLover5200Dined on 8/29/2014I brought my parents in and once again 10 out of 10! Service and food, you could not ask for more!Special Features:
- One of Denver's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We have eaten here several times and never had a bad meal. We always celebrate our wedding anniversary here and ask our kids for gift cards to Gabriel's whenever they want to know what to get us.Special Features:
- Very Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Our server James did a great job even though the restaurant was very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- queenbeeVIPDined on 8/29/2014For most of us Gabriel's is a drive, but well worth it Unique and quite creative, expensive but exquisite. Enjoy the ambiance and the wonder of this experience. Certainly in the top ten of dining experiences in Colorado.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Meal ButsctwoodsDined on 8/29/2014Two of us went to Gabriel's for the 5280 week. The choice of meals was enticing. The atmosphere was lovely & the room was quiet after it began to fill up. I got the Barramundi entree and switched out the veggie. My friend got the Sirloin entree and had a change because of allergies. This was no problem for the servers. Everything about the meal was enjoyable BUT the steak was awful. My friend had 2 steaks, both indeible. The personnel were unhappy with the quality of the meat & were happy to take most of the price of her meal off our bill. I would recommend Gabriel's to anyone wanting to try an upscale neighborhood place. Most of the food was excellant but don't get steak at an Italian restaurant. We will both come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingjesijamsVIPDined on 8/28/2014We returned after a visit years ago. Although the ingredients seemed fresh, the dishes were very disappointing. We couldn't wait to go back. Our past experience was much better. Not sure what or why the change, but, don't bother. Nice environment, but that's all.
- Dinner at Gabriel'sPutterDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Gabriel's, our server James was absolutely the best!! He had great recommendations and he was very attentive to our needs. The food was delicious and the ambiance was very romantic. We really enjoyed our visit there, and plan on going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekluvfreshfishDined on 8/28/2014We had to try this place out as we had heard so much about it. We were not disappointed. My husband had the special barramundi, & I had the shrimp Gorgonzola. They were both fabulous! Thanks for the great experience, we will be back!Special Features: