78 Main Street
Centerbrook, CT 06409Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gabrielles.net/
- Phone: 8607672440
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Jason Groten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Contact Gabrielle's for your next party and ask about our prix fixe menu options. In addition to parties during our regular dining hours, the full restaurant is available for private bookings. Ask for Kate, Corinne, or Mauricio for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Christie (860) 767-2440
A word from Gabrielle's
Chef Jason Groten (Bricco’s, Sigs, Grants and Max on Main) completes the partnership behind Gabrielle’s but retains his own signature as the creator of dishes that result in a sophisticated, light and clean menu. Chef Groten says, “I enjoy creating simple and approachable food,” a statement which articulates his philosophy for a modern dining experience. Gabrielle’s is the emergent taste of the Connecticut River Valley; extraordinarily fresh and flavorful ingredients, a skillfully creative celebration of the local partnerships, and of course, a celebration of food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gabrielle's reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (28)special occasion (25)romantic (17)great for lunch (13)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (7)good for groups (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Bob22Dined on 9/22/2014Has always been very god. the service is great also. Big factor is the 1/2 price entries on MondaysSpecial Features:
- Extensive Gluten-Free ChoicesTheatergoerDined on 8/28/2014Outstanding food and service. Many gluten-free items designated on menu. Lovely ambiance. Convenient to Ivoryton Playhouse.
- Charlie TunaCrunchDined on 8/25/2014Mondays are very affordable with 1/2 off entrees! All the food is wonderful, and the specials can be spectacular! I'm not a drinker, so I can't speak to the wines, etc. We try to get in for 5 to 7 visits each year.Special Features:
- FabulousLorraniumschoiceDined on 8/24/2014Wonderful restaurant! A perfect evening with great ambiance and service. Food was beyond delicious and our drinks were made perfectly. Can't wait to return next time we are in CT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findbabsDined on 8/17/2014Gabrielle's was a great find. After the Ivoryton Playhouse matinee, we found this great restaurant on main street not far from the theater. They do not open until 5 pm so we were the first customers. Service was terrific as was the food. I will definitely go back to this place.Special Features:
- UnfortunateMartianDined on 8/16/2014We had one totally average appetizer (spring roll) and one order of truly awful scallion shrimp pancakes that were riddled with uncooked dough. That being said - the entrees were all successful though very late arriving to the table. Since he had children with us this was a problem. So...would advise keeping the kids at home. Our server was attentive and did go back into the kitchen to seek out the kids meals.
- Great!! Food, Ambience, ServiceRosieDined on 8/14/2014In all our years of patronizing Gabrielle's (10), we have only been CONSISTENTLY DELIGHTED BY FOOD, SERVICE, AMBIENCE. There has never been a dissappointment of any kind, other than over salting entrees' Our only comment is that if you are 'salt sensitive', you request that the chef go easy on the salt. The food combinations presented are so phnomenal, that the additional salt takes away from the presentation at times.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Favorite local gem with good small plate additions to menu . Always have had a good plus meal in a good setting!Special Features:
- Elegant LunchMike58Dined on 8/6/2014Staff is exceptionally skilled. Food, especially the ginger ice cream, is out of this world. Old world elegance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicicious!WeekendDinersDined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed a delicious meal at Gabriell's. My husband had well prepared sea bass and I had salmon with tofu and vegetables that was one of the best meals I have ever eaten. Our friends had tapas and a pork special. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- favorite place for all the localsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014wonderful as ususal. great personalized service. accomodated our special needs wellI would recommend this to a friend.
- Garbrielle'smooseDined on 7/26/2014Six of us for lunch before theater right down the road. What a great pick. They know how to pour a good drink here and the mussels and fried calamari were about the best we ever had. Portions are large and flavorful. Service was friendly and efficient. Tables are spaced nicely apart so we did not fear that our loud group was annoying anyone. Definitely would go backSpecial Features:
- Excellent recommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014We were in area for 2 nights and Gabrielles was recommneded by the staff at a local inn. We were not disappointed. Everyrhing was great from the ease of reservations to the service, food, drinks and desserts. We wish we lived closer to go back more frequently but will definiately go back when were in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious specialNRfoodieDined on 7/21/2014The regular menu has a good array of dishes but we've been pleasantly surprised with some specials. Last night's bowl of shrimp (jumbo and small) with rice noodles, veggies and a lobster roll on the side (all gluten-free ) was a real treat. And on Mondays half price entrees--who knew?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2014Gabrielle's is a meticulously maintained and decorated restaurant with a cosy wood paneled bar and a spacious, beautifully decorated dining room. Tables are nicely separated and near bright windows so the noise level is modest and conversations easy to maintain. Food and service were equally good -- a caesar salad with steak was my personal favorite. What a gem!Special Features:
- Lovely DetailsLeeLeeVIPDined on 6/29/2014We had a lovely brunch in this quite and beautiful restaurant. I loved the details of the fresh flowers on the tables and throughout the restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice out of the way placeGeoSDined on 6/25/2014Food was great. Bought the "light fare" muscels as an appetizer. It was so much could not finish the main course, even though we split the dinner. The service staff was very accommodating. We did have to slow the server down when he brought the salad with our drinks. After he knew we were not in a hurry and explained how we liked our dinner served he wa greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good OverallOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Food was good, not great but good. Certainly better than most restaurants in the area. Service was good however our server did get our order wrong which caused a wait of about 45 minutes. Mistakes happen and he was very apologetic. He provided us free drinks for the error which was nice. Calimari appetizer was excellent, some of the best I've had in CT. Our Party of 4 had mixed reviews on the main entrees.Special Features:
- Sad SaladSaybrookDined on 6/11/2014I was very disappointed in the new salads. Didn't even eat it and the server did not ask why. Went back to work and grabbed something else to eat
- Great evening!MBbookDined on 6/9/20144 of us went for the 1/2 price entrees on Monday and had the most fabulous food. It is a very busy night so reservations are a must but the quality is consistent and service un-flustered and friendly. We love this place and it was our 1st time on a Monday - great value for the same amazing food.Special Features:
- GabriellasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014My only sour note of the evening was when we arrived....my open table reservation was for two people, not four.....the hostess looked very chagrined.....took a couple of minutes checking the room, etc.........what was ridiculous was the place was and remained half full,,,,,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzanneVIPDined on 6/4/2014the food and setrvice were goo but some minor issues that were corrected quickly....one of the drinks we ordeerd from the bar was incorredct but it was corrected right away. One salad did not have goat cheese as advertised so some was brought out. the entrees were good though i would say the shrimp with garlic & capers was a tad too salty as was the sauteed spinach underneath. Overall we had a great evening and would definitively return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting value esp. on MondaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/2/2014The food and service were excellent and the price on Monday's is discounted, which is a real deal. We saw all ages enjoying themselves. And with a menu that is varied for all tastes, everyone should be happy. The waitress was knowledgeable and helpful. The fried calamari starter was a bit salty, but is was fresh from the kitchen. My salmon was prepared with a mango sauce on the side and topped with jellied wasabi (that looked like fish eggs)! The crab salad with greens and noodles on the same plate were a great garnish.Special Features:
- The following 411 reviews are from the Gabrielle's reviews archive.
- A Real gemDisappointedDined on 5/26/2014This was our second time to the restaurant. On this occasion we were a party of eight. The service was attentive but not intrusive. The mixed drinks were perfect. The fried oyster appetizer may have been the best fried oysters I have ever eaten. We had several different kinds of seafood and everyone loved their meals. The salads were extraordinary. Having been there on two occasions and sampled a variety of the offerings, I am in a position to highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Glad we found it.VacationgirlDined on 5/24/2014Good ad on the "village" map. Food was very good and our waitress was happy and nice to talk to. Will come back on our next trip to old saybrookSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent -As always!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2014We are somewhat regulars to this wonderful restaurant located on a busy street in Centerbrook, CT. The food and service never disappoint.Special Features:
- WaitingrudeboyDined on 5/16/2014Initial service was good, but once we ate, and it was clear that we didn't want dessert or coffee, we were virtually ignored. Had to ask for the check. Once it was brought, we waited well over ten minutes, and finally had to ask someone to pick it up for payment. Mussels were quite good, but the Margherita pizza didn't have nearly enough basil. Three local pizzerias have better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Mother's Day At Gabrielle'sPattyMDined on 5/11/2014We were seated right at the time of our reservation...only complaint...it was an unseasonably warm day, and we were seated in a very sunny spot...warm!! Food was excellent, and our server was very friendly and accommodating!! Our drinks were brought out somewhat slowly so not much time to relax with them before eating. There was no part of the meal which was not delicious...I had the rack of lamb, and my husband had the duck. Both were delectable, and the presentation was very inviting. Overall, this was a great dining experience, and we would definitely return!! One note: this is a special occasion restaurant due to the pricing.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedNRfoodieDined on 5/10/2014My husband and I have a vacation home in the area and have seen restaurants come and go. I'd heard of Gabriele's, and so we finally went on Saturday evening. The restaurant is comfortable, with carpeting and tablecloths to absorb sound. There are some large tables but they are separated from most of the small tables. The food was very good. I started with a delicious sausage, lentil and potato soup with a broth base that had vegetables (& not many potatoes). My husband's Caesar salad was better than our usual favorite. We ordered chicken and trout off the regular menu; both were well-prepared. Many gluten-free options noted on the menu. Desserts are made in-house. The service was attentive and we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!EllnDined on 5/10/2014We have eaten at Gabrielle's quite a few times and have never been disappointed and that includes the special meal the chef makes for the vegan in our party. Just wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gabrielle'sTomBDined on 5/6/2014This was our second visit to Gabrielle's and we were not disappointed either time. The food was great. The server had a few tables that she was taking care of so it was a little slow, but she was very attentive and we were not in any hurry. So it was fine. The restaurant is clean and friendly.Special Features:
- PatnSteveEatDined on 5/6/2014One of our favorites. Except the swordfish special was a little iffy, will order it rare in the future. But that is a rarity. So maybe 4 1/2 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodBetsyDined on 5/4/2014You can always be sure you will have a tasty meal!Special Features:
- Needs water filterbadwaterDined on 4/26/2014The table water has always been terrible -- tastes too much like minerals -- so we had to buy sodas to drink. All they need is a good water filter for drinking water. Otherwise it was a great dinner and dessert. Seemed short staffed...took a while to get our check -- glad we were not late for Ivoryton Playhouse!Special Features:
- Luncheon for six ladies.BettyLDined on 4/23/2014Very attentive but no hovering. Food choices were excellent. Ready to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brings me back.SundaydinerDined on 4/20/2014Gabrielle's has the best Caesar salad in the area and it keeps bringing my family back.Special Features:
- Excellent, butSaabosDined on 4/19/2014Excellent service, delicious food, but table location in middle of room was terrible, felt like sitting in a fishbowl and spoiled the experience. There were other tables open but request to move was declined, disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little pricey for the levelfoodsnobDined on 3/29/2014A little pricey for the level of food. Long wait for service. The menu tries to be all things to all people and doesn't quite make it.
- very pleasedchefjcDined on 3/27/2014We enjoyed our night out from having our table ready when we arrived to the tour of the lounge afterwards. The wine list was extensive and we found a good Chardonnay my partner and my margarita was over the top and I look forward to the next one. The mussels and shoestring potatoes were good and the sauce was as good as the mussels. The grilled hanger steak was done just right at medium rare and tasty with a good chew and mouth feel. The fingerling potatoes were al dente and tasty. After seeing the desserts we would of liked to have save some room but settled for a cappuccino instead. We were very pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch with good friendsBetteDined on 3/11/2014Excellent choices for lunch. Although it was very quiet good for getting caught up with our wonderful good friends .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.