Gabriele's Italian Steakhouse
35 Church Street
Greenwich, CT 06830Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Gabriele's Italian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gabrielesofgreenwich.com/
- Phone: 2036224223x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Denis Radovic
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Gabriele's features three different private dining spaces, ranging from an intimate gathering of 8 guests up to a cocktail party with 150 guests.
- Special Events: Please email Catherine@gabrielessteakhouse.com for more information on special events and private parties!
A word from Gabriele's Italian Steakhouse
Gabriele’s Italian Steakhouse fills the void in the Fairfield County dining scene with the quintessential steakhouse. It brings together America’s two favorite cuisines under one location. Located a stone’s throw from Greenwich Avenue, Gabriele’s is fine dining – sans pretense.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Gabriele's Italian Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Greenwich ›
Gabriele's Italian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)notable wine list (39)fit for foodies (33)vibrant bar scene (30)romantic (29)good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (23)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/17/2014Dine out often. This was one of the best experiences we've had.Special Features:
- very nice but PRICEYDineoutfrequentlyDined on 10/15/2014Everything was GREAT but I found it VERY expensive. The side dishes drove the price high. When I spend $45 on a steak I think it should have some company on the plate. The steak was outstanding...but I hated paying for the tasty side dish.Special Features:
- Great (as usual)!FabMirDined on 10/10/2014This was our third time at Gabriele's and, once more, we had a great experience. Food was great, with emphasis to the specials (which included a carbonara pasta with sliced truffles) and the steak, certainly one of the best in the region. But the best of all was the service from the server called Deimar, who was very courteous, proactive and efficient. The wine list is also very good, but a little pricy. Will certainly go back there soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2014superb food, exquisite service, perfect ambiance and decorSpecial Features:
- I keep trying to like Gabrielle'spablopilotDined on 9/28/2014But the food just never comes out right... My NY strip, ordered medium rare, came out medium. This is pretty normal here. Not sure why I don't just order it rare... Also, it was presliced, which is normal for porterhouse, but not my favorite for a NY strip. The sides are okay, but everything seems not quite fresh, possibly heated and not cooked right then, and very oily. My wedge salad was excellent, the wine list is great, and they really do a nice job in the front of the house. My kids love it there, so we'll go back, despite the rather intense pricing. But I love a good steak and can't get over the hump to liking or recommending Gabrielle's...Special Features:
- DissappointedNothappyDined on 9/27/2014It was one of the loudest restaurants I've ever been. I could not even speak to the person sitting next to me. The waiter acted as if we were lucky to be eating there. Extremely disappointed had to wait 45 mins despite our reservation.Special Features:
- Just the best!!!!LuvtoeatoutDined on 9/24/2014The food is great! Meatball appetizer never ceases to amaze me. Lobster with garlic simply the best. And yes the steak is spectacular. My first choice .... My ONLY choice of a steak place in the area!!!!Special Features:
- neighborhood favoriteFoodieVIPDined on 9/24/2014tony capasso makes the dining experience exceptional every time. great food, and excellent cocktails and wine list. always a win.Special Features:
- Not a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/23/2014Our most recent visit was a disappointment. We ordered a substitution of whole wheat pasta and they brought gluten free instead. Our server had plenty of excuses, but no apology. For $26, we expect a restaurant of this caliber to get our pasta dish right. Our first experience was great, so we will give Gabriele's one more try.
- Can't wait to go back...outfordinnerDined on 9/22/2014We had a truly fantastic experience at Gabriele's on my husband's birthday. The food was scrumptious, the staff was fantastic and the setting lovely. We couldn't have asked for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great at Gabriele'sMC44Dined on 9/20/2014Great food, great mix of people. Seafood tower was fantastic and the porterhouse for two hit the spot....and you can't forget Tony and his trivia, he was great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingjakeDined on 9/20/2014this was our third time visiting, the food was so disappointing. My husbands swordfish was dry and overcooked, I requested that all of my food be salt-free and all of my food was salted (the waiter clearly did not communicate with the kitchen), I ordered lamb chops thinking that they would be safe and they were served in a pool of sauce. One of our dining companions ordered a pasta special that was sadly disappointing and another diner ordered bone-in rib-eye a very expensive dish in this restaurant(it is pricy overall) and it too was disappointing, it was not the same size that it normally is. They serve complimentary biscoti after dinner which they never brought to us? we will not go back.Special Features:
- Great first time experiencedeliciousdinnerDined on 9/15/2014Loved the ambiance...noise level made it a bit hard to hear when in the center of the room....but food was fabulous and service equally so.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceSBermDined on 9/13/2014Waiters are engaging. Great steak and Italian dishes. Perfect for special occasions.Special Features:
- Gabrieles SeptemberTrishwwVIPDined on 9/11/2014Disappointing after all the hype. Service was excellent- but food was a huge blah. The NY Strip was tough..crabcakes were luke warm. The Broccoli was the best part of dinner. Nothing special- Onion straws were soggy, greasy onion rings..I would be hard pressed to recommend or go back. Pretty interior design- bar is attractive.There is far too much competition and better restaurants in the area..Seems like expensive account crowd was there in full force- they might be the only ones who want to spend $50, a head before their main meal.Special Features:
- AwesomectmelissaDined on 8/30/2014Fabulous restaurant. Impressive food, great for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonnaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Every thing was so good. Food, service. And of course we love Tony, the maître de.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Excellent food, great service, delightful aptmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!FrankPVIPDined on 8/25/2014Combine world class food with Brest taking ambience- then add unmatched service by Tony and staff = one of the best dining experiences in the Tri State!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal yet...FrancoisVIPDined on 8/23/2014I've been to Gabrielle's about half a dozen times since they opened a couple of years ago, and I think the food has steadily improved. My porterhouse steak for two was cooked to perfection and on par with other top steak houses - such as Frankie and Johnny's in Rye. Almost as good as Peter Lugars too... Make sure you bring your checkbook - dinner for two will run you about $250-300!Special Features:
- Always a Favorite-Don't Miss ItBeefeaterVIPDined on 8/19/2014Great food, steaks, seafood, italian. And drinks and wine are tough to beat. Had a great Manhattan and just had to have another. And Tony the maitre 'd is just icing on the cake. Makes you feel right at home and a regular, even if you're not. (But I frequent this place as often as practical). Pricey but the food, service and bar are all worth the trip.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!!luvgoodfoodDined on 8/16/2014Everything about this restaurant is outstanding. The food is impeccably prepared. The service is spot on. Tony!s Trivia was also a big hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would have been great BUT......OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/7/2014The waiter was in a rush to go home. He made it explicitly clear that they were closing and that the last two tables, mine included, were expected to vacate the premises by the time of the last seating. He wasn't subtle. He was direct and this was obnoxious. Had planned to order another after dinner drink but obviously nobody with an interest in the restaurant's profitability was present. Too bad because the food was excellent. I would have recommended the restaurant to many people but now I will most likely avoid it.
- Never disappointsPorscheToddDined on 8/5/2014Gabriele's always delivers a great meal with wonderful service and Tony makes it extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I've ever hadKaMeDined on 7/31/2014By far the best filet mignon I've ever had. Cooked exactly how I asked it to be cooked. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional as always!restaurantexplorerVIPDined on 7/26/2014We love coming here from the valet to the wait staff and of course Tony. The food is exceptional and the atmosphere is wonderful. We love it here and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Don't miss this one!ArthurAveExcellenceDined on 7/26/2014If you're around the Greenwich area, you have to stop by!Special Features:
- would drive 200 miles to eat herebostonGirlVIPDined on 7/23/2014From Boston and was driving to nyc needed a late night, high quality place for a birthday on the day. Gabrielles was perfect. Setting, pwner was so personable, food was impeccable and innovative. I would drive from Boston to go once again. Must get the ceasar salad and grey goose watermelon dessert! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is truly a hidden gem.Bossman1Dined on 7/19/2014I plan to return to this restaurant again . The food was top notch . My wife and I loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placenealDined on 7/19/2014Great food, fun place to share a meal with friends and/or business associates. Vibrant and always a pleasure to be there.Special Features:
- Warm, welcoming and great FiletVickiVIPDined on 7/19/2014I didn't realize how fancy the restaurant was when I booked online and then showed up with my 2.5 and 5.5 year olds but the maître D and all the staff was very warm and welcoming. It is very comfortable and food was great. One of the best filets I've had and I'm from NYC and have been to most steakhouses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSnackingDined on 7/18/2014Excellent, right up there with capital grille,but with slightly broader menu and I little louder due to the wood floors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulouskewdigitalDined on 7/14/2014Perfect spot for special occasions..Highly recommended by foodie friends. It lived up to their raves.Special Features:
- Great !mimiVIPDined on 7/7/2014Dinner was terrific ... My husband had a fabulous T-bone steak and ordered the french fries which were amazing. I had pappardelle bolognese which was terrific. The waiter was delightful --- attentive without being intrusive. Drinks large & excellent. Flowers simple but okay. They brought raspberry sorbet (on the house) with a candle for my husbands birthday -- a nice touch to a wonderful evening. I recommend going on a week-night. We were there on a Monday night & it was quiet and peaceful which was great. My one complaint: The music was terrible -- endless thumping beat. Annoying -- they could play anything at all and it would be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 109 reviews are from the Gabriele's Italian Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Always GreatjewlgalDined on 6/21/2014My family and I have dined here many times. Delicious and beautiful presentation. Highly recommended, great for business meeting or family gathering.Special Features:
- foodie23Dined on 6/14/2014Pretty disappointing. Made us wait to be seated. Food was mediocre at best. Another uber-expensive restaurant with prices to match NYC, but food is nowhere near NYC quality. Wine list is overly expensive. Would not rush to go back.Special Features:
- Great nightGrandiVIPDined on 6/13/2014This loud, energetic spot boasts great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion was a success!DebidooDined on 6/8/2014I wanted a fine dining experience on a Sunday evening for celebrating a special family event and Gabriele's was the perfect choice. Great food, a notable wine list, and stellar desserts made our special occasion a success!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant60dooverDined on 6/7/2014We had to make a last minute reservation change. They were very gracious. We felt a bit rushed at the end but honestly they told us when we changed the reservation that we could have the table for a certain amount of time. So it was to be expected. The waiter did not seem very informed about menu items a little surprising since the service was very attentive. Very nice place homemade pasta was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicecastoffDined on 6/6/2014attentive service and good food but pricey. the desserts are to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.