Gabriele's Italian Steakhouse
35 Church Street
Greenwich, CT 06830Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Gabriele's Italian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gabrielesofgreenwich.com/
- Phone: 2036224223
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Denis Radovic
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Gabriele's features three different private dining spaces, ranging from an intimate gathering of 8 guests up to a cocktail party with 150 guests.
- Special Events: Please email Cdumais@gabrielessteakhouse.com for more information on special events and private parties!
A word from Gabriele's Italian Steakhouse
Gabriele’s Italian Steakhouse fills the void in the Fairfield County dining scene with the quintessential steakhouse. It brings together America’s two favorite cuisines under one location. Located a stone’s throw from Greenwich Avenue, Gabriele’s is fine dining – sans pretense.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Gabriele's Italian Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Greenwich ›
Gabriele's Italian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)romantic (33)vibrant bar scene (30)notable wine list (29)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (23)hot spot (22)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/25/2014Combine world class food with Brest taking ambience- then add unmatched service by Tony and staff = one of the best dining experiences in the Tri State!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal yet...FrancoisVIPDined on 8/23/2014I've been to Gabrielle's about half a dozen times since they opened a couple of years ago, and I think the food has steadily improved. My porterhouse steak for two was cooked to perfection and on par with other top steak houses - such as Frankie and Johnny's in Rye. Almost as good as Peter Lugars too... Make sure you bring your checkbook - dinner for two will run you about $250-300!Special Features:
- Always a Favorite-Don't Miss ItBeefeaterVIPDined on 8/19/2014Great food, steaks, seafood, italian. And drinks and wine are tough to beat. Had a great Manhattan and just had to have another. And Tony the maitre 'd is just icing on the cake. Makes you feel right at home and a regular, even if you're not. (But I frequent this place as often as practical). Pricey but the food, service and bar are all worth the trip.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!!luvgoodfoodDined on 8/16/2014Everything about this restaurant is outstanding. The food is impeccably prepared. The service is spot on. Tony!s Trivia was also a big hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would have been great BUT......OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/7/2014The waiter was in a rush to go home. He made it explicitly clear that they were closing and that the last two tables, mine included, were expected to vacate the premises by the time of the last seating. He wasn't subtle. He was direct and this was obnoxious. Had planned to order another after dinner drink but obviously nobody with an interest in the restaurant's profitability was present. Too bad because the food was excellent. I would have recommended the restaurant to many people but now I will most likely avoid it.
- Never disappointsPorscheToddDined on 8/5/2014Gabriele's always delivers a great meal with wonderful service and Tony makes it extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I've ever hadKaMeDined on 7/31/2014By far the best filet mignon I've ever had. Cooked exactly how I asked it to be cooked. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional as always!restaurantexplorerVIPDined on 7/26/2014We love coming here from the valet to the wait staff and of course Tony. The food is exceptional and the atmosphere is wonderful. We love it here and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Don't miss this one!ArthurAveExcellenceDined on 7/26/2014If you're around the Greenwich area, you have to stop by!Special Features:
- would drive 200 miles to eat herebostonGirlVIPDined on 7/23/2014From Boston and was driving to nyc needed a late night, high quality place for a birthday on the day. Gabrielles was perfect. Setting, pwner was so personable, food was impeccable and innovative. I would drive from Boston to go once again. Must get the ceasar salad and grey goose watermelon dessert! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is truly a hidden gem.Bossman1Dined on 7/19/2014I plan to return to this restaurant again . The food was top notch . My wife and I loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placenealDined on 7/19/2014Great food, fun place to share a meal with friends and/or business associates. Vibrant and always a pleasure to be there.Special Features:
- Warm, welcoming and great FiletVickiDined on 7/19/2014I didn't realize how fancy the restaurant was when I booked online and then showed up with my 2.5 and 5.5 year olds but the maître D and all the staff was very warm and welcoming. It is very comfortable and food was great. One of the best filets I've had and I'm from NYC and have been to most steakhouses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSnackingDined on 7/18/2014Excellent, right up there with capital grille,but with slightly broader menu and I little louder due to the wood floors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulouskewdigitalDined on 7/14/2014Perfect spot for special occasions..Highly recommended by foodie friends. It lived up to their raves.Special Features:
- Great !mimiDined on 7/7/2014Dinner was terrific ... My husband had a fabulous T-bone steak and ordered the french fries which were amazing. I had pappardelle bolognese which was terrific. The waiter was delightful --- attentive without being intrusive. Drinks large & excellent. Flowers simple but okay. They brought raspberry sorbet (on the house) with a candle for my husbands birthday -- a nice touch to a wonderful evening. I recommend going on a week-night. We were there on a Monday night & it was quiet and peaceful which was great. My one complaint: The music was terrible -- endless thumping beat. Annoying -- they could play anything at all and it would be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatjewlgalDined on 6/21/2014My family and I have dined here many times. Delicious and beautiful presentation. Highly recommended, great for business meeting or family gathering.Special Features:
- foodie23Dined on 6/14/2014Pretty disappointing. Made us wait to be seated. Food was mediocre at best. Another uber-expensive restaurant with prices to match NYC, but food is nowhere near NYC quality. Wine list is overly expensive. Would not rush to go back.Special Features:
- Great nightGrandiVIPDined on 6/13/2014This loud, energetic spot boasts great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion was a success!DebidooDined on 6/8/2014I wanted a fine dining experience on a Sunday evening for celebrating a special family event and Gabriele's was the perfect choice. Great food, a notable wine list, and stellar desserts made our special occasion a success!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant60dooverDined on 6/7/2014We had to make a last minute reservation change. They were very gracious. We felt a bit rushed at the end but honestly they told us when we changed the reservation that we could have the table for a certain amount of time. So it was to be expected. The waiter did not seem very informed about menu items a little surprising since the service was very attentive. Very nice place homemade pasta was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicecastoffDined on 6/6/2014attentive service and good food but pricey. the desserts are to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected PleasureChiefDined on 6/2/2014We were six senior golfers staying in the area for a tournament. The choice of a restaurant was mine so I picked Gabriele's by recommendation from my Brother-in-law who lives in the area. I was a hero. I don't think we have had a better steak anywhere, and we are from Chicago. Tony, the Maître was over the top seeing we were well taken are of. Monday night it was packed with all manor of locals including families. Hard to find but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service overshadowed foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014Unable to deliver on reservation time. Rushed order, following a seating that was 45 after the reservation time. Wait staff that was completely overwhelmed and frazzled. Food with inconsistent portion sizes. Ran out of key entrees. Offered complimentary dessert (of their choice) which masked the true intent which was to get us out of the restaurant in a timely fashion. Began breaking down the dining hall as we were the last table left - due to the 45 minute seating delay.
- Four letter word for the best hostluv2dine06830VIPDined on 5/27/2014Four letter word for the best host in Greenwich? Hint: While waiting for your reservation date to arrive, spend time brushing up on your trivia because along with juicy, generously portioned steaks TONY, the restaurant's host, will undoubtedly stop by and ask you a trivia question (or two). Although their claim to fame is their meats, don't overlook the Chilean sea bass. It is served with asparagus and just enough lobster meat to provide a wonderful variety of flavors without overwhelming the dish. The next time you're looking for a great seafood dinner, Gabriel's Italian Steakhouse is the place to go.Special Features:
- A gem!Localdiner63VIPDined on 5/17/2014When looking for that memorable place for a fun celebration, look no further! Food is excellent, service is on the ball and we were lucky enough to be placed (without requesting specifically) at a 6-person table in the wine room, just off the main floor, affording us the ability to have an all-inclusive table conversation. The main room here creates the bustle of the fun environment, but if you are seated within that area (other than in one of their cozy booths), it can be deafening loud. We were celebrating a milestone event and this was just the ticket. Thanks very much and we look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Awesome experienceJmb296Dined on 5/16/2014Service and atmosphere was excellent. This is a beautiful restaurant. The food was absolutely delicious and the desserts were to die for. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 97 reviews are from the Gabriele's Italian Steakhouse reviews archive.
- YummmmOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2014The steak was unbelieveble although pricey. We would go again but maybe split a steak and get 2 salads.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/24/2014Great food, superior service, and Tonys wonderful wit and trivia. Nice experience!Special Features:
- Great EvevningJeffLDined on 3/29/2014Gabriele's ranks with the best of the best. The food is consistently good. I had a seafood ravioli special as an appetizer..the pasta melted in your mouth, the insides were delicious and the sauce out of this world. The entree was a steak, of course and it was as good if not better than any of the steakhouses. The place is quite noisy and you pay a stiff price for all the elegance and deliciousness, but who cares.. You are buying a first rate product and their is a price to pay. BTW, don't pass up the french fries with truffle oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakhousecappyDined on 3/17/2014the steak equals the NYC steakhouses Very Good the charred broccoli was actually burnt the wine carafe was chipped and the waiter said all of them are like that. For the amount charged they can definitely afford new ones would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fantastic, themothershipDined on 3/16/2014The food was fantastic, the restaurant is lovely, the waiter was both attentive and charming! We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our dining experience at Gabriele's. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Went on a Sunday night, andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/16/2014Went on a Sunday night, and it was more like group family-night than nice expensive restaurant. Lots of young children and people in flannel checked shirts, etc. Food was excellent -- as always -- and the greeter at the door was the best, but the waitress, although professional, had no warmth or personality.Special Features:
- If you are looking for greatCharlesDined on 3/15/2014If you are looking for great food in Greenwich then you have no shortage of great options, however, Gabriels is a must visit restaurant with a lively ambience, great bar and fantastic food. If it is steak you are after then you realy need look no further. Book well in advance as this is very popular with the local's.Special Features:
- Excellent food. ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2014Excellent food. Expensive but worth it. We were seated at a terrible table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/12/2014Have ventured off steaks and discovered fantastic fish and pasta fishesSpecial Features:
- They mean well, they try hard, butHonestDined on 3/8/2014The wait service watched over us in active anticipation for our last mouthful to be taken so they could grab our plates as soon as possible. Really? Do we have to feel rushed? The oysters and the Filet Mignon were fabulous. The cavatelli and the pesto ravioli had WAY TOO MUCH SALT. The caramel cheesecake was fabulous. If they would just get it a bit better in the kitchen, and get the waiters to back off a bit, the experience would be worth the money. If it remains as is, I am not planning to go back. Three strikes and you are out!
- Menu is steakhouse basic,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/3/2014Menu is steakhouse basic, but executed very well. Excellent service and great wine list. On the expensive side but worth it.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerNicmacVIPDined on 2/28/2014We were looking for a good steak, but it was restaurant week in Stamford so Capital Grille/ Morton's didn't have availability. So I found Gabriele's. The reviews were solid so we tried it out. They did not disappoint. Pros: Deymar, our waiter who used be at Capital Grille served us - he still remembers our drinks and we hadn't seen him in 18 months or so; steaks were incredible; broccolini...delicious; great wine selection; we say in a room off the main dining area - it was a wine room with a fireplace (fireplace wasn't burning because lower temperatures needed to be maintained for the wine)...really nice ambience. Cons: the main dining room did seem to be pretty loud - that wouldn't have bothered us much; wine was a little priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Greenwich restaurantWeejobsVIPDined on 2/25/2014I know them all, and Gabrielle's is the best. Great steaks, seafood, people watching, and outstanding service. Expensive, but worth it.Special Features: