688 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10025Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gabrielas.com/
- Phone: 2129619600
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch and full menu are served on Saturday Sunday and Holidays from 11am-3:30pm;
Lunch is served Monday through Friday 11:30- 3:30
Sunset Menu is available Monday through Friday 3:30-5:30
Dinner menu is available Sunday through Thursday 3:30pm-11:00pm, Friday & Saturday 12:00pm-12:00am
Bar is open till 12am Sunday-Thursday and 1am on Friday and Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Fernando Aquino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Delivery and setup. Many packages and options included.
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms and special events available from 2 people to 250.
- Private Party Contact: Moises Galarza, General Manager 2129610574
- Entertainment: Mariachi bands on special occasions such as Cinco de Mayo, New Years eve, Mexican independence day etc.
- Special Events: Private rooms and special events available from 2 people to 250. Please call 212-961-9600 or email info@gabrielas to speak with a special event coordinator.
A word from Gabriela's
At Gabriela's we feature regional authentic Mexican dishes served in an elegent yet comfortable neighborhood setting. We feature dishes such as soft tacos, our legendary Yucatan Rotiserrie chicken, home cooked tortillas among other regional favorites. Our tequila bar serves over 75 different quality tequilas and our margaritas are made with full pours and fresh squeezed limes. Gabriela's is the perfect place to gather with friends and family for an intimate eve or festive gathering. Come on over to Gabriela's and celebrate everyday life!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican / Southwestern
Gabriela's - Best Restaurants in Upper West Side ›
Gabriela's reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (52)neighborhood gem (37)good for groups (32)great for brunch (25)kid-friendly (23)great for lunch (19)vibrant bar scene (16)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (13)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)romantic (5)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- BRUNCH WAS HORRIBLE!!!luvgoodfoodDined on 9/13/2014I shop at Whole Foods down the street and constantly pass Gabriela's and thought I would want to try their food. It was my birthday and could had attended any restaurant, but I wanted to try Gabriela's. We waited ten minutes for the hostess, it was necessary to seat ourselves on the patio. The food was cold, bland and the service was horrific. Please let me know where I could find in NYC a reasonably priced California or Texas style Mexican restaurant--we're desparate for real MEXICAN food. Thanks.
- Good food!austinmuseDined on 9/11/2014I very much enjoyed my experience at Gabriela's. My friend and I wanted to try various appetizers and they were all delicious, especially the shrimp quesadillas and the guacamole. We also ended up sharing churros for dessert -- outstanding. Our server was very charming and attentive. If I must be critical of something it would be the noise level. It was virtually impossible to have a conversation without raising one's voice and ultimately it spoiled what could have been an all-round great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tequila bar Upper West Sidemd2020Dined on 8/23/2014They have 75 tequilas to choose from and offer flights in addition to individual glasses. They serve the tequila with a delicious palate cleanser of tomato juice and "Mexican condiments". Our server was very knowledgeable about the tequila choices. Chips and salsa about average (but then I've been eating Mexican in Northern CA for the last 30 years). Our Carne Asada tacos were delicious and the ceviche fresh and flavorful. Great outdoor seating area and fun bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adult Birthday Bash BlastFeelLikeButterDined on 8/21/2014We had a party of 8 with late comers and the staff were excellent with it. Flowed with all the changes and the two under 10 children that were there. We did not feel rushed at all and the food was excellent. This was my second time there and I will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MhehASKADined on 8/20/2014Some food was good, some food not so much. The Vegetarian Nacho plate was missing any tomatoes and they were very stingy with the cheese and sour cream; the pork burritos were dry and tasted like cardboard wrapped in paper. The Black Bean soup was lovely and the rib appetizer was also very good.Special Features:
- Our Yearly FiestaNikkiDined on 8/20/2014This is my third year bringing in my bffs for our yearly Fiesta. The drinks are fabulous. Chips and Salsa plentiful and our main course was so good we ate and ate.....I do wish there were more dessert selections for those of us who don't like flan. Thank you for continued excellent service to my community.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was tasteless.FriMacVIPDined on 8/17/2014The food tasted bland. We had the guacamole and suiza enchiladas. The margaritas were very good. The service was very good only after our initial servicer disappeared and left us wondering for a while. The inside atmosphere was dull. It needs an upgrade or a welcoming feel. It's a waste of money. Not going back to try more dishes.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Called in for last min. reservation - we were seated in no time. Great service, great table and good food.Special Features:
- love sitting outside!ameliaDined on 8/14/2014A wonderful neighborhood place for good margaritas and friendly service. And outside, not noisy at all. Just people enjoying themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great go to spotCCPHDined on 8/9/2014it's a neighborhood spot for us and we enjoy the food. wish they would do a fajita salad :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!HungrygirlDined on 8/7/2014Delicious and huge margaritas would go back again in a heart beatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where have you gone Gabriella's?FoodsterVIPDined on 8/2/2014Once inventive and authentic, now formulaic and trading on it's formerly earned reputation by the real Gabriela herself. Now owned by a conglomerate the food is average, pre-made and served with the same ambivalence. They've got a nice location with outdoor seating and uncompelling competition north of 86th street. One can only wish that ownership might want to do something better and restore the past glory, knowing they can. But if all they care about is profit, there are many better options elesewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gabriela's - A GemZee1Dined on 8/1/2014I loved my experience at Gabriela's from the food and ambience to the service. The lunch selections were varied. The guacamole is a must have for starters. I loved the Ensalada De Pollo Gabriela's which is a Mexican style roasted chicken salad. We went traditional for our dessert as well with the Churros served with caramel ice cream and strawberries. Most important of all, you must have the Frozen Mango Margarita...perfection! Gabriela's Restaurant and Tequila Bar is definitely a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Excellent food!!AC1992Dined on 7/26/2014Mexican is one of my favorite foods and this place did not disappoint! My friend and I who ate there want to go back this week! All the ingredients were so fresh and flavorful. Also the free chips and salsa is a huge plus! Oh and the margs were on point! Overall excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mexican Ever (Seriously!)DiscerningDinerVIPDined on 7/19/2014I grew up in So. Cal, so I know and love my Mexican food and I'm telling you that this is the BEST Mexican food stateside that I have ever had. The spices, freshness and preparation is top shelf and anything with Shrimp is incredible. And the Margaritas are phenomenal due to the bar being stocked with 160 (I think that's the number) varieties of serious Tequila (Tequila for grown-ups ;-)). While the outside seating is right on Columbus Ave, there is a very nice flower bed between you and the street and the sidewalk is wide...so you don't feel like you are in the street. The wait staff are authentic, warm and knowledgable. If you like Mexican food, Gabrielas should be on your bucket list! Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your ordinary MexicanBobLVIPDined on 7/8/2014I've been here a number of times & find the service fast & the food excellent. There are a lot of Mexican restaurants in NYC but most are fair or mediocre at best. Gabriella's serves generous portions, most entrees could be for two. They are also priced a bit more than most but well worth it. They do have an outdoor area which faces Columbus Ave & that can be busy, on the other hand if you sit near the bar inside you probably couldn't hear yourself think. So if you want a quiet table go to the far side of the seating area. That aside worth the trip for the food alone.Special Features:
- Never DisappointingsirenmamaDined on 7/8/2014Brought family from out of town here to experience some creative cocktails and a unique vegetarian dish that they make. They were able to seat us outside like we wanted and the little kid's meal is always a good size. Service fine. Food great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SharonpeanutDined on 7/6/2014I LOVE Gabriela's. It's not generally inexpensive so the brunch is a great way to get a sampling. That said this is my first time eating here as a vegetarian and though I love the restaurant overall - it's not the best for vegetarians. For example, I "bent" my rules and ordered the Huervos Rancheros (sp?). Delicious as always but I was mortified to find BACON in the potatoes. I'd certainly recommend the restaurant - and the brunch - but caution us vegs to ask questions or better yet the restaurant to add a warning for items one might assume to be safe.Special Features:
- Food is GoodNYLADY156VIPDined on 7/2/2014This is a lovely venue for meeting friends and out of town guests.Special Features:
- Ariba!BrunoNYCVIPDined on 7/2/2014Best Mexican on the West Side! Check out the outdoor Tequila Bar for summers outdoorsSpecial Features:
- Love this placesusankaiserDined on 6/23/2014This is my neighborhood go-to place. I go with friends for dinner, take people there (who always like it), order in from there. They are very nice, the food is completely reliable, and the staff friendly and nice. You can actually have conversations at the table! And now I can make reservations on Open Table. Love it!Special Features:
- How can you ruin basic Mexican foodlilbibbyDined on 6/22/2014Though our early dinner started beautifully, outside on the sidewalk patio with a street musician serenading us, the experience went downhill from there. Slow service, stale chips, bad salsa, horrible guacamole, for starters. Entrees were even worse -- house special rotisserie chicken with citrus marinade was so dry I needed extra water after the first bites. Port and steak tacos tasted like gym shoes, with canned sweetened pineapple and days old meat. And ... we had to wait forever for a bill. This once fun spot with good, reasonably priced food was a huge disappointment. They've definitely slipped ... a long way.
- Great service, yum margs, blah foodLJC427Dined on 6/22/2014We were drawn to the restaurants for its reasonable price point for brunch. $13.95 per entree, which includes a beverage (sangria, margarita, mimosa, etc, etc). We ordered margaritas that were extremely sweet, which drowned the tequila. Could've done without the extra flavor and syrup. The food was blah, a bit bland. We did appreciate the portion of food. The entrees were decent and served with several sides - great! Our server was very energetic and polite, which made a huge difference in our experience. We enjoyed the patio setting and relaxed ambience.Special Features:
- Upper West Side poor serviceLinQueensDined on 6/22/2014Took my parents here for a nice brunch and overall everyone was satisfied. I am a vegetarian and my parents try not to eat much meat. We made it clear we did not want meat in anything and of course when our food came the meat was there. I asked for potatoes with no meat and they told me they were out. The waitress told me she was absolutely certain the beans were not made with meat well later that night I can tell you the beans were definitely baked with meat. The outdoor space was great, the food for everyone else was fine and the price was fair just could have had a server who actually cared about dietary issues. What if I was allergic to an item?Special Features:
- Wonderful!moxiebearVIPDined on 6/15/2014Everything was excellent. My Dad and I really enjoyed our brunch. We will definitely be back and will bring friends!Special Features:
- JudyDined on 6/7/2014Excellent as always! Wonderful staff waiters and bartenders. Always welcoming and make you feel very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigSexyLovestoEatDined on 5/29/2014Love this spot. Good food, good prices, nice neighborhood spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal of the Vacation!ReenandBibbyDined on 5/25/2014What a fantastic place for Sunday Brunch! The service was spectacular , even though our reservation was at 11:30, no booze until noon in NYC, we were served our Margaritas at 12:00 on the dot!! The food was delicious and my Daughter even was presented with a Birthday Flan that was wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but service was lackingIlikeAppetizersFirstDined on 5/21/2014The food was amazing and so were the margaritas, but the service was sub-par. The main courses came out and then they realized that we never received the appetizer. While the flustered waiter was trying to get the appetizer, our main courses were cooling up somewhere so we did not enjoy our entrees at a normal temperature. Part of the bill was adjusted for this mishap. As we were walking out, I overheard another couple who was eating their entrees complaining about never receiving their appetizer. They need a better system worked out for service but the food and drinks were damn good, so I would probably give them another chance to redeem themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 331 reviews are from the Gabriela's reviews archive.
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Service was poor and restaurant was out of certain basic fair.Special Features:
- Mother's Day OutingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Food is great, staff is friendly, service is good, but it is very pricey. Lunch for 4 cost almost $200 (w/ tip).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice brunchCynthiaDined on 5/11/2014We really enjoyed out Mothers' Day Brunch. The service was very good and the food met our expectations. The coffee was excellent.Special Features:
- Not Tex-Mex, but really goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/1/2014My friends and I are all from Texas, and we were looking for some good homestyle food. While it was not Tex-Mex, it was still really good food. All very flavorful and fresh, I very much enjoyed this meal, as well as the margaritas. The restaurant was fairly busy, and I noticed our server was overloaded. About 15 minutes after we sat down, somebody brought by chips and salsa. At about 20 minutes, the server was finally able to come take a drink/appetizer order, we all ordered margaritas and waters. The margaritas came out without the water. Water finally arrived after we asked for it a second time, which means there was no water on the table for nearly half an hour after we sat down. After that hitch, the service went smoothly.Special Features:
- Great place to meet friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Wonderful dinner. Glad we chose it for an early get together!Special Features:
- Seen in a Montreal newspaperTibojDined on 4/19/2014Went there with 2 kids after visiting the Natural History Museum (it is quite a long walk however, especially if you have a reservation and you are in a hurry!) Had a reservation and got a nice table outside. Kids loved the food and the place. I had an item on the brunch menu and the food was delicious (and so was the white sangria) Very reasonnable prices for the quality. The crowd looked like localsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KimbaDined on 4/18/2014The food, drinks, service, staff - all very good. Noise level - way high.Special Features:
- Delicioso!susankaiserDined on 4/18/2014I love this place, and even more now that I can make reservations. The food is reliably good, the frozen mango margarita exactly right, and the appetizers excellent. Enchiladas suizas are so delicious. And they have fried ice cream and great flan!Special Features:
- Good food and good serviceCharlesDined on 3/30/2014Our server was great. She knew exactly when to come and when to be there she also knew exactly how to get out attention when she needed it. The margaritas were great and the food was on point. Prices are not your typical nyc prices. They're less!!! Thank you. Well doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food; unbearable noise levelPommeyDined on 3/29/2014Love the margaritas, fabulous food, but best to go during the daytime. After 5 pm, the screaming children and noise level are nearly unbearable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014We might as well not have made a reservation as we had to wait 30 min. With that, our service was terrible. We sat for twenty min before being addressed, each time we wanted a refill I had to physically go to the bar and request one. We