Gabbi's Mexican Kitchen
141 S Glassell St
Orange, CA 92866Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Gabbi's Mexican Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gabbipatrick.com/gabbis-mexican-kitchen/
- Phone: (714) 633-3038
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pmg - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Mexican, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Gabbi Patrick
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Gabbi's Mexican Kitchen
Gabbi Patrick is dedicated to integrating modern gastronomy with the indigenous and traditional recipes of Mexican cuisine. In her pursuit of preserving the rich culinary heritage of Mexico, Gabbi has adopted an eco-gastronomic approach in her interpretation of “Old World” recipes. Her passion and vision are reflected in every detail of her craft, from supporting local farms to her extensive travels throughout Mexico.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Gabbi's Mexican Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Orange County ›
Gabbi's Mexican Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (20)special occasion (12)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (9)romantic (8)good for groups (6)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Fish Taco are a must.JackRDined on 11/11/2014Third time I have been to Gabbi's. Each time the food is great and and service outstanding. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Gabbi'sJudeDined on 11/10/2014Love that they chill the tequila! Juan was a great waiter and very friendly. I had the stuffed chicken and it was tender and flavorful. Don't remember what my husband had but he was very happy with his meal as well.Special Features:
- lovetodineDined on 11/2/2014Excellent food. Not your normal Mexican cuisine. Outstanding service. Overall great experience, relaxing and enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014The employees, the restaurant and the food were all fabulous!Special Features:
- Great food, but moodyAleerVIPDined on 10/9/2014I live and work right down the street from Gabbi's and have the luxury of going often. While I do love the food, I feel the service is moody. Sometimes they are flat out rude other times it's a very nice experience. I must admit, it's a bit odd. I also think the price point is a bit highly for what you get, especially compared to some of my other favorite gourmet Mexican food restaurants, such as Carmelita's in Laguna Beach or Border Grill in Santa Monica. I will always be a fan, but go when they are doing one of their specials or interesting events, like the week of mole. Oh, and if you love good salsa that's hot, get a small side of their Habanero Salsa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Resto in Old Towne OrangebjorbaseDined on 10/5/2014Amazing, soulful Mexican food. Cocktails were creative and well done. The place has a lovely atmosphere to it, rustic but not dated, warm and comfortable. Great service. One of our new favorites!Special Features:
- OCnotacritDined on 10/1/2014I have been to this restaurant 3 times in the last year. Each time has been a good experience. Food and service are very good, small menu helps keep the quality high, but would like to see some new Offerings. The deserts are good but limited selection. If you like food Mexican with a twist, you will like The place.Special Features:
- Best Mexican In OC!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/19/2014I don't often get an opportunity to be in Orange but when I do I always head to Gabbi's and bring friends, family and colleagues. The food is consistently good and the servers are always knowledgable and friendly. I leave the restaurant always thinking about when I can come back next!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatLindaTDined on 9/16/2014After hearing (and reading) such great things about Gabbi's, I expected more. The food was good, but not great. The house margaritas were good, but not great. And the portions were on the small side (though I expect this at a great restaurant) because the food and the experience is so satisfying. We left saying: that was good, but don't think we need to come back again. Sorry, Gabbi.Special Features:
- No idea why this is so popularfreddylovesfoodVIPDined on 9/2/2014We did not have a pleasant experience which was so dissappointing after all of the hype from so many people and magazines. Food was super ordinary and most of us did not even like it enough to finish our meal. Too dark to read the menu and the furniture was so stiff and heavy to move to even get seated! Terrible choice.
- TiffbDined on 8/15/2014We arrived a few minutes before our reservation. There had to be 10 unoccupied tables, minimum. It took 15 min for the hostess to meander her way back to retreave water glasses prior to seating us. Aren't reserved tables usually ready if the it's not crowded? It was 95 degrees outside and she sat us in the direct sunlight on the patio, and not under the awning with the air conditioning. The waitress asked multiple times if we wanted chips and salsa, to which we replied yes please. We never got the chips and salsa. At times it felt like she forgot we were even there, because all other tables in service were in away from the sun. The food was delicious! I may return simply for the food, that is the only reason I'd recommend GabbisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely try againOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014Lunch service was completely underwhelming, it felt as though the restaurant could have used another 2-3 wait staff and another 2-3 people for clearing tables / pouring water / etc. Very busy even at lunch, walk-ups were being told that the waits were up to an hour or more. Food was excellent - great flavors and beautiful plating. We will definitely try Gabbi's again, hopefully the lackluster service was just due to some sort of a temporary short-staffing issue.Special Features:
- To Die For!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014The shrimp enchiladas...to die for, they were the best enchiladas I have ever had! My friend had the enchiladas Sousa and he said those were the best he has had as well. The guacamole was awesome as well. Highly recommend Gabbi's. Make a reservation, even for lunch, this place is VERY popular, for good reason!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent gourmet mexican foodGrubaliciousDined on 8/9/2014This is no typical greesy mexican food, this place is gourmet mexican food, delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014Good service, delicious food. The waiter brought a special dessert for the birthday girl and the drinks were icy cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 119 reviews are from the Gabbi's Mexican Kitchen reviews archive.
- noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014A very noisy restuarant for an upscale spot. Food attractively served, but not value oriented-- pretty pricey for the lack of ability to have a conversation. It's an "open air" (front) place, but that did not dissipate the sound level.Special Features:
- Yummy and transportiveEva0801VIPDined on 7/25/2014The flavors and décor transport you out of Orange County for a little while. The sangria served at lunch was thankfully not over powering, and still very delicious. Thank you for an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Very goodLisabDined on 7/20/2014Made reservations in advance to celebrate birthdays. Food was fantastic! Drinks were great! Dessert fantastic! Service was friendly and helpful! Would definitely come back!Special Features:
- Just OkayDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 7/19/2014First time here and was expecting a lot more from all the reviews I'd read. It was just okay, food was very average compared to all the mexican restaurants I've been to. The salsa was bland with no spice whatsoever. The enchiladas suizas was also bland and the mole sauce? was too sweet. The place was very busy so I know they are popular but for me the food just didn't meet my expectations.Special Features:
- Good food and decor!eener4444Dined on 7/17/2014Unfortunately my friend and I felt the waiter wanted to turn the table quickly. We wanted to linger. We felt rushed and didn't get to enjoy ourselves like we e couldn't enjoy ourselves like we planned.Special Features:
- A must eat restaurant in OrangeJoannajVIPDined on 7/3/2014Gabbi's is one of the freshest and most interesting mexican food menu out there. The service is top notch. Their chips and salsas are amazing. Their queso is some of the best we've ever tasted. The homemade corn and flour tortillas are amazing. The steak salad is also really fresh and good. Whenever we are in central Orange County we try and make a stop at Gabbi's. If you have never tried chocolate churros this is the place to have them.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperiencehondaguyDined on 7/1/2014Great food, great service everything prepared fresh with the freshest local ingredients. Hand made tortillas! Need I say more. Come to Gabbi's for a wonderful dining experience......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointment!OutstandingVIPDined on 6/24/2014My friends and I routinely eat here because of the attentive service and tasty food. The chicken quesadilla, while not typical of what one would find in a conventional mexican eatery, is absolutely delicious and filling.Special Features:
- Gabbi's Mexican Kitchen..ExcellentYaYa68Dined on 6/18/2014We were seated towards the front entrance which was great because it was partially outside. We were able to get fresh air and could hear better. It was at 6:00pm on a Wednesday and every table was packed. The majority of patron looked like they were mostly college age and enjoying the evening. The food was delious, it was traditional Mexican food with a gourmet touch. Very good..!!! Lively atmoshere..!!! Would recommend reservations..use "Open Table" online they are great..!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience always!RossDined on 6/13/2014Gabbis never disappoints. The ambiance is great, the food is amazing and the service staff are friendly and efficient! This place is always great for lunch or a nice romantic evening with my lady. Thank you for a consistently wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Little GemGourmandeVIPDined on 6/11/2014Gabbies is really a unique Place, Starting with the Hostess to the beautiful Chihuly style art work on the Brick walls! They have absolutely wonderful food with a assortment of Mexican and Yucatan Spices in most of there dishes. Service is always been top notch! Aaron our server was very knowledgeable and personal. You must experience this place for yourself!Special Features:
- Do eat at this restaurantHopeDined on 6/7/2014The food is a perfect example of real Mexican cooking with extra fine quality ingredients. The ambiance takes you out of downtown Orange to an upscale appearing café somewhere in Mexico City. I would eat here weekly if it were closer to me. Don't miss the opportunity to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gabbi's once again delights !RosieCVIPDined on 5/31/2014We had to travel to Orange from San Fernando valley. This is only our second time in Orange and we would not even think about going and not eating at Gabbi's - as we did the first time due to friends' recommendations. It is such good food and so great a place- every dish is excellent, the service superb, the vibe so easy and friendly and happy and relaxed. We look forward to having to travel that far again!! This time we both ordered tacos and they were delicious... even the homemade tortillas had varying flavors. The best!Special Features:
- Good but slipping!FujifolkDined on 5/25/2014Our first two dining experiences were really good. But this our third experience was a bit disappointing. My dish was Carne asada tacos and they were cold upon arrival and alll I could taste were the overwhelming taste of just cold mushrooms instead of a nice balance of meat and mushrooms. My wife's selection of shrimp enchiladas were good but the rice was pasty and the beans were flavorless. Our secret "go-to-place" is no more!(Secret because the restaurant has no signage of the name, Gabbi's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunchkeg13Dined on 5/22/2014A good spot for more relaxed business lunch without breaking the bank.Special Features:
- lilredDined on 5/21/2014This was my first time at Gabbi's. The food was delicious and reminded us of some really great restaurants on mainland mexico. Unfortunately the service wasn't that of mainland mexico. Our waiter wasn't very attentive and we would have to ask a couple of times for things and it would come to us only after asking the busboy. It seemed like we were being rushed through so our table could be turned. Aside from those things the food was really good and I would go back hoping our experience wasn't the norm.Special Features:
- Gabbi's Kitchen a GemStGvisitorDined on 5/20/2014We are out-of-staters who frequently visit Southern California. A friend of ours from home had raved about the great food at Gabbi's, so while we were visiting in the Irvine area, we went there for late Lunch in Orange. Easy to find. Easy to park. Waiter was very helpful. We tried several different types of offerings and found each one to be a special treat -- appetizers, entrees, and dessert. What a delight! It was the meal of the day! Better than any place we've been in Corona del Mar or Laguna.Special Features:
- Want to go back!GoodfoodlvrDined on 4/26/2014Sevice was a bit slow but the waitress was attentive. It just seemed to take somewhat longer to get our food, but we weren't in a rush. Food was very good and portion size was just right. No leftovers for anyone. I would like to return for dinner sometime but lunch was busy not too noisey and had a good vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedOutstandingVIPDined on 4/15/2014Another delicious and enjoyable dining experience with friends at Gabbis. Their chicken quesadilla is unique in its seasonings as well as “tortilla”...certainly not your typical quesadilla.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced "gourmet" Mexican foodMarciDined on 4/12/2014The actual restaurant is very nice. Food was mediocre as well as service. You pay for presentation not taste. $9 for 2/3 cup of guacamoleSpecial Features:
- Gabbilicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014I love this place, the service the food, the location great. The only thing I don't like is the sun is always going to be in one party's eyes while dining and annoying as it is, it isn't a deal breaker. I would recommend when calling people to confirm the reservation that you warn them about the construction and parking situation. It can add an extra 10 minutes to your arrival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodNewbieVIPDined on 4/9/2014If you are interested in great margaritas/sangrias to go with your amazing Mexican meal, Gabbi's will definitely be the place! The price is fair for what you get. Mix in the vibrant ambiance and you have yourself a great outting fit for lunch or dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- culturally competantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014Loved our server. He made us feel right at home with his "Latin-self". Grest service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, Fantastic foodrobinEVIPDined on 3/22/2014Although its much smaller than I expected, we were wowed by the food.I've wanted to eat here since a chef friend recommended it as his favorite restaurant in O.C. Dragged my husband along and he is STILL raving about it. Wonderful menu. The chicken mole was delish, as were the guacamole, and some of the tacos. The house margarita is perfect. It can be noisy but we were still able to talk very easily. The decor is rustic brick walls with Chiluly-style glass sculptures. Very cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Artisan Mexican foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2014Great place to try artisan Mexican food. Great taste profiles. Atmosphere is charming and easy. Good service. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.