3211 Shannon Rd Suite 106
Durham, NC 27707Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.g2b-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 9192519451
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday-Friday 11:30am-2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday, Wednesday, Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Thursday, Friday, Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Carrie Schleiffer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Come join us for live jazz on Friday and Saturday nights from 8:00 to 10:00 pm in the Lounge@G2B. Reservations are highly encouraged, please specify "jazz lounge" when booking web reservations if that is desired.
A word from G2B
G2B is your feel good neighborhood Pub with outstanding food and kind, generous service. At G2B you can find a delicious array of wood fire grilled entrees, charcuterie and cheese, dynamic small plates, hand-tossed pizzas, tasty desserts, and of course a burger that you won’t soon forget, all made in house daily. Hungry or just looking for a light bite, we’ve got it. G2B boasts a bar with 14 beers on tap and 100 bottled beers so you’re sure never to grow thirsty. We also have an assortment of video games, new and classic, obviously designed for kids and adults. Great food at an approachable price in a fun, lively and modern setting is what G2B gastropub is all about. Cheers!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
G2B reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (21)special occasion (19)great for outdoor dining (16)late-night find (10)hot spot (10)romantic (10)notable wine list (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Still top qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014The attention to detail is very evident in everything that we ate. The lamb shank was very tasty, with a wonderful sauce. Using fresh local ingredients pays off; it was accompanied by fresh goat cheese stuffed in pasta, which was delicious. The red snapper was perfectly cooked, and also came with a flavorful sauce, and fortunately, a spoon to eat it! The only disappointments were the mussels (highly overrated) and the homemade scones, which had little flavor. However the pretzel rolls were very good. We had two great desserts:, an elaborate chocolate concoction with dark cherries and homemade ginger ice cream. The wine list is not extensive but there is always something serviceable. The wood-fired pizza seems gone from the menu.Special Features:
- Noisy but worth it.MoonDined on 8/22/2014Went here with 2 friends and my husband. Food was imaginative and delicious, well presented. Good selection of beer and wine. Service was extraordinary. Noise level too high for intimate dinner but we managed. Our friends were impressed with G2B, their first time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for what you getgastrophileDined on 8/17/2014My overall impression of this place is that it was a bit pretentious and overpriced for what basically amounts to dressed up bar food. The appetizers were reasonably good but not spectacular and the flatbread was well ... flat. I've definitely had better food and beer/wine for much less.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014The grilled octopus was a very enjoyable appetizer. We always love to split the lamb burger with blue cheese (yum).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichelleDined on 8/1/2014First time to G2B and will be going back soon. Food was excellent and Clay our server was very knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LCinFLDined on 7/27/2014Travel to Durham frequently & now I have a new restaurant to re-visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicevbeachbumDined on 7/23/2014Chilled Smoked Corn Soup, Dry-Rubbed Hickory Grilled Steak Hanger, Shrimp and Pancetta Flatbread were excellent. There were more than enough options. I like the ticker tape menu above the kitchen area and we plan to go back when the nano brewery opens soon. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the beer and suggested the perfect one for my husband to try. I noticed that they have a Summer Music series and Special Events that look very interesting. Will definitely be back AGAIN!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The ambience was non-existent. The restaurant was less than half full, yet it took 3 requests to get seated in the area we wanted. While we waited the 15 minutes required to be seated in the middle, the bar tender brought us ice water and a drink menu and never returned to get our drink order. By the time we were seated and got a good look at the very limited menu, we decided to leave and go elsewhere. First time I was not pleased with an Open Table reservation.
- Good burgersbookladyVIPDined on 6/26/2014I have had lunch here at least a couple times. I like the burgers but wish they had a little more variety on the menu. I would like to see them add some other types of sandwiches such as French Dip, tuna melt, Philly steak sandwich, etc. or dishes such as macaroni and cheese or savory crepes. The atmosphere is pleasant and service was good.Special Features:
- Great place for business lunchkdawgDined on 6/18/2014It really is a great place for a business lunch. The food is excellent and the wait staff is the best in the area. Just a great, upscale place for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect food, amazing service!AllyDined on 6/13/2014Went on a Friday to see the live jazz band in the back. Everything was perfect: food, wine, and especially excellent service. The band was great and they actually keep the live band in a separate room away from the main dining area. I would suggest asking if there is live music, since it seemed to be almost tucked away back there with not much advertisement. G2B is great. Would highly recommend and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- A great experiencetrianglemanVIPDined on 6/8/2014The Lamb burger here is to die for, so is pretty much everything I've tried on their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodfoodiefromcarrboroDined on 6/7/2014The food was good, really liked the steak, cooked perfectly! Service was good and they had nice seating outside. Great beer list, great cocktails as well. Would recommend giving this place a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time aroundKittyVIPDined on 6/7/2014We've had brunch at G2B but not dinner. We all enjoyed the special restaurant week menu. The food was wonderful. Very nice options. We will be back!Special Features:
- GoodFaithfulDined on 6/7/2014This visit was good; including food appearance, taste, temperature. Service was OK. Enjoyed visits before better than this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dinner for FourchridanDined on 6/5/2014Fairly regular lunch customers, we introduced good friends (and longtime Durham residents) to G2B which they did not know of. We all agreed that the food and service were outstanding. And we had only the options available for the Triangle Restaurant Week prix fix menu. All those other inviting items listed on the menu await our next dinner visit! And there will be another visit!Special Features:
- primeDined on 6/5/2014First the seating.. . My wife and I asked to be seated outside. There was only one other table occupied outside and we were placed right next to them. They were clearly loud but the hostess did not seem to care. Next the Beer. . . While the beer list was extensive they were out of three of the beers that I really wanted to try. The Food. . While the pea soup was good, it was served to me without a spoon. By the time the waiter gave me a spoon (7-8 min) the soup was cold. For the main course we ordered the mahi mahi tuna and the duck. Both dishes were very over cooked. As for the deserts the black sesame ice cream was good but everything else tasted processed and not home made. I really expected more quality the money.
- TRW successful trialGlad2bHereVIPDined on 6/3/2014TRW provided the opportunity to enjoy G2B and we were impressed with the experience. We had been to the 3 previous ventures in that space and I was reluctant to try again. However, TRW incented us to try G2B. The good news is that we will be back and I have already recommended to several friends.Special Features:
- Loved It!MagicMoDined on 5/31/2014Beautiful food. Well informed, professional staff. The food was creative and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Protein ParadiseHushDined on 5/17/2014While I expected a "Pub" with good food, I found a first-class, meat-lover's restaurant. Roasted marrow bones, house-cured charcuterie, lamb burger (with foie gras on top by request!) My guests and I also enjoyed the salmon ceviche, steamed clams and prosciutto/melon. The sticky toffee pudding is unbelievable. Best and most readable beer list in Triangle. Only complaint was that the waiter was a little to intrusive and familiar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, disappointing overallyellowDined on 5/16/2014Nice appeal to restaurant. Seemed as though a city scene, fun décor. Good first impression and came recommended. But, disappointed in service. We had 2 servers, neither able to provide recommendations regarding wine list, also lacking in overall service. Decent food, but heavy on red meat; would have liked to see more seafood options. Had a very good lamb burger. My friend enjoyed the clams. Not excited with the oysters.Special Features:
- The following 287 reviews are from the G2B reviews archive.
- Great find in DurhamDonnaDined on 5/2/2014We were visiting Durham and had a memorable experience at G2B. The ambience and service were great, with friendly staff. Kristen, our server, gave us recommendations that were spot on and was very attentive. We started with some fabulous terrines and cheese selections. I especially loved Duck-Duck Pate but all were delicious. We did some smalls, including the Scotch egg and Bibb "Wedge" salad. My husband was kind enough to share a little of his fantastic Steak Hanger. Last but not least were the house made ice cream, sticky toffee pudding and a new strawberry dessert. We met two of the talented chefs, Derrick, the pastry chef, as well as the chef who made the terrines-Carrie? We felt like we were given the royal treatment.Special Features:
- best food in durhampersonAVIPDined on 5/1/2014came here a few years ago when the restaurant first opened, and thought the experience was horrible, but once chef carrie and manager chris took over this place has become by far and away the best food in durham. i think g2b makes one of the best burgers in durham - and though i hear the lamb burger is amazing, i've never made it past just ordering a smattering of the ever rotating small plates - nor have i ever made it past just the regular g2b burger. beer dinners here though were what got me started. the beer selection is one of the best in the area and coupled with some amazing 4-5 courses of delicious food for around 40 dollars got me hooked.Special Features:
- Delicious foodnomnomnomDined on 5/1/2014We went here for a special occasion. When we arrived, there were two shrieking children across the room from us. Because it was allergy season, we chose not to move to a table outside. The manager spoke to the family and the children quieted down. From then on out, the meal was perfect. The charcuterie was amazing and the NC beer special was delicious. We definitely want to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014G2B is always terrific - the food is amazing and our waiter Quentin was wonderful - always there keeping things just right :). Carrie - fantastic job with all the creative dishes - especially the sweet potato flat bread ~ Thanks Chris and G2B staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great--Service a Little SpottyPJEatsDined on 4/5/2014We had friends in from Charlotte and were touting G2B as a little different than some of the gastropubs in Charlotte. It took over 15 minutes to get our drinks and that was after asking about them. And, the bartender wasn't slammed, so not sure where the breakdown was. Also, my dirty martini wasn't dirty or cold after waiting so long. However, they did pick it up after that and we were pleased with the food, so overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding...!DurhamNewbieVIPDined on 4/2/2014Our first visit to G2B, and we fully expected it to be good. The food surpassed our expectations -- our weekday dinner was a wonderful one. And, we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A VERY CONSISTENTLY GOOD RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/27/2014WE HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED OUR FOODAND THE AMBIENCE AT G2B AND THE CHEF IS CHARMING, EXCELLENT AND FOOD SAVVY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm still lookingTomaDined on 3/27/2014My wife and I went at 6:30 because we would have a long ride home. We both were looking forward to the Bone Marrow. Naturally, they were out of the Bone Marrow. The waitress suggested the Beef Tatare which I am a fan of. I was served a cube of ground beef held together with a milky substance and not tasty at all. My wife had the Oxtail which she said was very good. I am new to the area and am trying to find a few reliably good restaurants, this is not one.
- very satisfiedjerryDined on 3/22/2014interesting menu, reasonably priced, fantastic beer selection, very nice ambience, comfortable seatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gem!DurhamiteDined on 3/21/2014I've only been there for lunch. Food, service, and ambience were great. I had salad with grilled salmon--the salmon was cooked perfectly. Looking around--the burgers, portabella burger, hand-made fries all looked really good. Need to give them a try the next time I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth looking forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2014We love G2B. Great food, amazing beer selection, cool decor, and reasonable prices. It's located on the backside and ground floor of an office building with nothing else around in the evening but we live nearby and think it really is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gastropub in DurhamCraftbeerloverDined on 3/18/2014Excellent food and service in a hip atmosphere--great beer choices and wood-fire grilled burgers. Dessert--chocolate goat cheese cake was phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2014This was a our second visit to G2B, and it was outstanding. We love the small plates concept so that we can try a number of dishes. The fact that the menu is ever-changing means that you can have something new and exciting every time you visit. Every item we had was simply wonderful. They have an huge beer menu, and I understand that their monthly beer dinners are extremely popular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Surprise!HappyDinerDined on 3/15/2014Don't let the location fool you. An 'office building' restaurant didn't strike me as a place I wanted to try, but the menu looked too good to pass up. Then, walking in, you're greeted by an attentive hostess. Our waiter was knowledgeable and friendly. The atmosphere was lively, exciting and modern. The menu was unique. Our food was fabulous. My husband got the salmon and he raved about it and the bed of brussel sprouts. I am a burger lover and try them at every new restaurant for cross comparison. Their G2B burger... FABULOUS! Perfectly cooked and their pickled onions were an excellent touch that I would rank as the highest in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/13/2014Unfortunately, the food is not as good as it was in the past and the menu was very limited. On the other hand, the draft beer selections are extensive.
- Definitely a repeat visitBobJVIPDined on 3/4/2014To supplement this review, check out the menu on their web site for details and clarity. The seating is very comfortable and the tables far enough apart for privacy. The seats are comfortable and the restaurant is attractive. As a first visit I had the G2B burger which was excellently made with a delicious and interesting taste from its accompaniments and my wife's lamb burger was perfectly made as well. There was a lot to eat. The choices for sides were good, some of the usual and some more interesting. On our next visit, we will be more adventurous and choose from a menu that is very easy to choose from. The beer list (on tap) is varied and extensive). The desserts were limited and we did not try any.Special Features:
- nice surprisehaljsDined on 3/1/2014My wife went to g2b on saturday not knowing what to expect. What a pleasant surprise. we had 5 small plates and one entree. The whole experience was very enjoyable. My daughter is coming into town this week and we plan to take her there. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- AWESOME Lamb Burger!lunchproVIPDined on 2/25/2014I had a bowl of soup, which was delicious and then had the lamb burger for lunch yesterday. It was so so so good. It had goat cheese and this yummy bun. Can't go wrong with it and I am already plotting my next visit to get it again! Loved it!Special Features:
- Good but...CarolDined on 2/22/2014Have been there several times and always seems like they run out of one of the appetizers we want! Food is very good, and reasonably priced...great alcohol list...one of the few places in Durham that I have found that has a pear cider!Special Features: