3211 Shannon Rd Suite 106
Durham, NC 27707Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.g2b-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 9192519451x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday-Friday 11:30am-2:00pm, Sunday 12:00pm-4:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday, Wednesday, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Dinner: Thursday, Friday, Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Carrie Schleiffer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Come join us for live jazz on Friday nights from 8:00 to 10:00 pm in the Lounge@G2B. Reservations are highly encouraged, please specify "jazz lounge" when booking web reservations if that is desired.
A word from G2B
G2B is your feel good neighborhood Pub with outstanding food and kind, generous service. At G2B you can find a delicious array of wood fire grilled entrees, charcuterie and cheese, dynamic small plates, hand-tossed pizzas, tasty desserts, and of course a burger that you won’t soon forget, all made in house daily. Hungry or just looking for a light bite, we’ve got it. G2B boasts a bar with 14 beers on tap and 100 bottled beers so you’re sure never to grow thirsty. We also have an assortment of video games, new and classic, obviously designed for kids and adults. Great food at an approachable price in a fun, lively and modern setting is what G2B gastropub is all about. Cheers!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
G2B reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (50)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (28)special occasion (24)great for outdoor dining (17)hot spot (14)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (12)romantic (11)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Definitely worth tryingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014Their charcutterie -- all made in house -- is very good overall, and some types such as the cured lamb salami, are excellent. Staff is very knowledgeable about their impressive menu of excellent beers, which includes a number of well picked North Carolina beers on draft. The setting is not very Durham-esque -- slick city type interior, and location in a suburban commercial office building -- so don't go looking for Durm Funky.Special Features:
- Dinner and a showOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/24/2014Went here with my in-laws and wife to dine and listen to the wonderful Mint Julep Jazz Band. The food was great and tasty, but I don't think I'll order the Afoiecalypse again or if I do, it won't be so late. Lots of food with that one.Special Features:
- Odd atmosphere, decent foodFoodfinderVIPDined on 10/24/2014Went for dinner while visiting from out of town. The food was good but the atmosphere was a little strange. Many large screens showing everything from sports to Mario cart, yet it did not feel like a sports bar. I'm still not sure what to make of this place, but must admit everyone enjoyed their food, including the lamb burger, flat bread pizza,,lamb shank and scallops. It might be a better atmosphere for lunch or a weekenight dinner, just not what we were looking for at the time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Terrific, as usual. Wonderful wait staff, fabulous food. Great selection of craft beers. Who could ask for more?Special Features:
- Identity CrisisOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/18/2014We've been twice and both times, the overall identity of this gastro pub was explained differently. Local focus, starting a microbrewery, sports bar, seasonal ingredients, we make everything in house, we make some things in house, menu changes daily, and more. Not that a restaurant can't be some combination of the foregoing, but the identity seems dynmaic and uncertain. The food suffers as a result. There is potential here, but they haven't zeroed in on it just yet. Evidenced by a pretty sparse crowd on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood hangoutRegularVIPDined on 10/17/2014We come often because the food is good, ambience good except a little cold and no place to have a private conversation. Translucent dividers or partitions hanging here and there would help give a sense of some quiet and ability to have a conversation without shouting. Kids video game area is cute but don't like looking at it. If you have children, leave the at home or have them sit at the table. Love watching games though!Special Features:
- ConfusedluvseafoodDined on 10/10/2014Good ingredient quality in combinations that should have been good but didn't deliver. Over and under seasoned, undercooked (and we like things on the rare side). The plates just weren't balanced and enjoyable - they just felt confused. Would like to like this place, but we won't be going back.
- Stale environment, great foodScottDined on 10/9/2014I found the place a bit of a conundrum. I expect a restaurant with a name like Gastro Pub to have great food and a great atmosphere that's laid back. Instead, the desire for this place appears to be upscale-trendy with huge open spaces and service that is a bit upper echelon. On the flip side, the food was absolutely phenomenal. The design and service fell short for me, the food did not.Special Features:
- Fantastic BurgerlunchproVIPDined on 10/8/2014We had amazing service. We had a concert to go to so our server made sure everything come out super fast. Delicious salads and burgers and incredible beer list. I broke the trend at my table and ordered a glass of rose which was also very tasty.Special Features:
- Great Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014Great Food, Good beer, great service and amazing ambiance. The dessert (sticky pudding) was especially brilliant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!trekkieDined on 10/5/2014Lamb Shank was unbelievable. One of the best dishes we have tasted. The soup was great, the foie gras was delectable. I loved the frozen passion fruit mousse too. This is a great restaurant. The chef is very creative and skilled. If I am in the area, I will definitely make it a point to eat there again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014Always love this place, our server was very attentive and we love the chef, Carrie is awesome! Every time we come here we have a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014We thought that the food was good but would have liked to have seen some more interesting small plates on the menu. Also more salads...there was only one on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence EpitomizedDurhamDiner007Dined on 9/25/2014First time dining at G2B. I had heard great things about this lesser-known gem from some friends of mine and finally managed to make a trip. The experience was incredible. Top-notch service, not only from our waiter, but also from other members of the wait staff who would drop food off at the table with a smile and answer any questions we had about a particular plate (i.e. charcuterie selection). G2B boasts an amazing beer selection—probably one of the best around. But the food is the star here. Chef Carrie and her team have compiled an incredible menu with local offerings showcasing a number of exciting flavors. Each plate was a gastronomic adventure and I cannot wait to go back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better and bettermysons27705VIPDined on 9/19/2014Chef Carrie at G2B Gastro Pub just rocks the Casbah. This has to be our new fave locally, even better than Mateo. We've been there several times and it keeps getting better. Last night I loved a braised lamb shank served in a small cast iron pot over polenta cooked with ricotta, cashews, dried cherries, and spices. It was an amazing combo of tastes, reminded me a little of a Morocan tangine. Her wedge salad is actually an inch thick circular slice thru the lettuce, with bacon, crumbled bleu cheese, and little tomatoes. You can cut into into it and eat it like a steak. Just perfect food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Our favorite restaurant. Love the changing menu and beer lists but nice to have regular menu items as well. Service is terrific and prices are very fair, considering the high quality of the fare. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location is odd, but worth the findarnettchicagoDined on 9/13/2014It was my first time here, but I had heard good things. The place is kind of hard to find, and in an obscure building. However, after walking in I found the ambiance quite beautiful. Food was fantastic, service was good, and I will definitely go back. We ordered a bunch of small plates and shared at the table. Overall a fun night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great.noodlesDined on 9/12/2014Had the Arugula salad and it was delicious, especially the hazelnuts were amazingly toasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- G2BKatinaDined on 9/11/2014Terrific sandwich - great service - thoroughly enjoyed it!Special Features:
- Still top qualityFoodFiendVIPDined on 8/30/2014The attention to detail is very evident in everything that we ate. The lamb shank was very tasty, with a wonderful sauce. Using fresh local ingredients pays off; it was accompanied by fresh goat cheese stuffed in pasta, which was delicious. The red snapper was perfectly cooked, and also came with a flavorful sauce, and fortunately, a spoon to eat it! The only disappointments were the mussels (highly overrated) and the homemade scones, which had little flavor. However the pretzel rolls were very good. We had two great desserts:, an elaborate chocolate concoction with dark cherries and homemade ginger ice cream. The wine list is not extensive but there is always something serviceable. The wood-fired pizza seems gone from the menu.Special Features:
- Noisy but worth it.MoonDined on 8/22/2014Went here with 2 friends and my husband. Food was imaginative and delicious, well presented. Good selection of beer and wine. Service was extraordinary. Noise level too high for intimate dinner but we managed. Our friends were impressed with G2B, their first time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for what you getgastrophileDined on 8/17/2014My overall impression of this place is that it was a bit pretentious and overpriced for what basically amounts to dressed up bar food. The appetizers were reasonably good but not spectacular and the flatbread was well ... flat. I've definitely had better food and beer/wine for much less.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014The grilled octopus was a very enjoyable appetizer. We always love to split the lamb burger with blue cheese (yum).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichelleDined on 8/1/2014First time to G2B and will be going back soon. Food was excellent and Clay our server was very knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LCinFLDined on 7/27/2014Travel to Durham frequently & now I have a new restaurant to re-visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicevbeachbumDined on 7/23/2014Chilled Smoked Corn Soup, Dry-Rubbed Hickory Grilled Steak Hanger, Shrimp and Pancetta Flatbread were excellent. There were more than enough options. I like the ticker tape menu above the kitchen area and we plan to go back when the nano brewery opens soon. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the beer and suggested the perfect one for my husband to try. I noticed that they have a Summer Music series and Special Events that look very interesting. Will definitely be back AGAIN!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 302 reviews are from the G2B reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The ambience was non-existent. The restaurant was less than half full, yet it took 3 requests to get seated in the area we wanted. While we waited the 15 minutes required to be seated in the middle, the bar tender brought us ice water and a drink menu and never returned to get our drink order. By the time we were seated and got a good look at the very limited menu, we decided to leave and go elsewhere. First time I was not pleased with an Open Table reservation.
- Love!!bullcitycocoVIPDined on 6/26/2014This place is awesome. The food is soooooo good! Service is pretty good, but some nights are better than others. Location's a little weird but I like the decor. Great place to go for a fun, creative, delicious meal.Special Features:
- Good burgersbookladyVIPDined on 6/26/2014I have had lunch here at least a couple times. I like the burgers but wish they had a little more variety on the menu. I would like to see them add some other types of sandwiches such as French Dip, tuna melt, Philly steak sandwich, etc. or dishes such as macaroni and cheese or savory crepes. The atmosphere is pleasant and service was good.Special Features:
- Great place for business lunchkdawgDined on 6/18/2014It really is a great place for a business lunch. The food is excellent and the wait staff is the best in the area. Just a great, upscale place for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect food, amazing service!AllyDined on 6/13/2014Went on a Friday to see the live jazz band in the back. Everything was perfect: food, wine, and especially excellent service. The band was great and they actually keep the live band in a separate room away from the main dining area. I would suggest asking if there is live music, since it seemed to be almost tucked away back there with not much advertisement. G2B is great. Would highly recommend and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- A great experiencetrianglemanVIPDined on 6/8/2014The Lamb burger here is to die for, so is pretty much everything I've tried on their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodfoodiefromcarrboroDined on 6/7/2014The food was good, really liked the steak, cooked perfectly! Service was good and they had nice seating outside. Great beer list, great cocktails as well. Would recommend giving this place a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time aroundKittyVIPDined on 6/7/2014We've had brunch at G2B but not dinner. We all enjoyed the special restaurant week menu. The food was wonderful. Very nice options. We will be back!Special Features:
- GoodFaithfulDined on 6/7/2014This visit was good; including food appearance, taste, temperature. Service was OK. Enjoyed visits before better than this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dinner for FourchridanDined on 6/5/2014Fairly regular lunch customers, we introduced good friends (and longtime Durham residents) to G2B which they did not know of. We all agreed that the food and service were outstanding. And we had only the options available for the Triangle Restaurant Week prix fix menu. All those other inviting items listed on the menu await our next dinner visit! And there will be another visit!Special Features:
- primeDined on 6/5/2014First the seating.. . My wife and I asked to be seated outside. There was only one other table occupied outside and we were placed right next to them. They were clearly loud but the hostess did not seem to care. Next the Beer. . . While the beer list was extensive they were out of three of the beers that I really wanted to try. The Food. . While the pea soup was good, it was served to me without a spoon. By the time the waiter gave me a spoon (7-8 min) the soup was cold. For the main course we ordered the mahi mahi tuna and the duck. Both dishes were very over cooked. As for the deserts the black sesame ice cream was good but everything else tasted processed and not home made. I really expected more quality the money.
- TRW successful trialGlad2bHereVIPDined on 6/3/2014TRW provided the opportunity to enjoy G2B and we were impressed with the experience. We had been to the 3 previous ventures in that space and I was reluctant to try again. However, TRW incented us to try G2B. The good news is that we will be back and I have already recommended to several friends.Special Features:
- Loved It!MagicMoDined on 5/31/2014Beautiful food. Well informed, professional staff. The food was creative and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Protein ParadiseHushDined on 5/17/2014While I expected a "Pub" with good food, I found a first-class, meat-lover's restaurant. Roasted marrow bones, house-cured charcuterie, lamb burger (with foie gras on top by request!) My guests and I also enjoyed the salmon ceviche, steamed clams and prosciutto/melon. The sticky toffee pudding is unbelievable. Best and most readable beer list in Triangle. Only complaint was that the waiter was a little to intrusive and familiar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.