61 Orange St
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.providencegpub.com/
- Phone: (401) 632-4782
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 1:00am
Friday: 11:30 am - 2:00 am
Saturday: 3:00 pm - 2:00 am
Sunday: 11:30 am - 1:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Thorpe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from G Pub
Located in the lower level of Providence G, Providence's newest luxury lifestyle building, G Pub is the city's first true "gastropub" featuring many American classics done with a modern twist in an old world upscale atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
G Pub - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
G Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (31)vibrant bar scene (24)fit for foodies (19)hot spot (15)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (11)great for lunch (11)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Personal TV at each Booth!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/14/2014The place is really cool. Lots of TV's, pool tables, shuffleboard and I heard there are karaoke rooms as well. The coolest part is personal TV's at each booth. We had gone to watch the USA vs Colombia soccer game. And it was awesome to have a TV to watch while we drank and ate right at our booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere for a first dateLoveprovidenceDined on 11/7/2014Love the interior design of this place. Beautiful industrial style. Perfect for first date. Ate some delicious food (the mussels were incredible) and played some pool. Had a great time. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Cool twist on an every day menu. GREAT drink selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GPubOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/24/2014Providence’s exciting down-city dining scene has been further enhanced by its newest ultra-fun, ultra-cool gastropub – GPubSpecial Features:
- great little spotJenncheatmealDined on 10/18/2014Loved the warehouse atmosphere. The calamari appetizer was crispy with a little hit red pepper and a tartar sauce like dipping sauce. Great homemade chips with pub cheese. Edamame has spicy sriracha sauce..delicious! Riesling was sweet and priced right. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for a drinkseedlinfoodnbeermanDined on 10/3/2014They have a great craft beer selection and nice bar. The food on the other hand is much to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place!Colleenp66Dined on 10/3/2014Really good food in a cool hip environment! Great service, drinks and vibe. Very industrial environment, can be a bit loud! I thought the prices we're affordable and the food servings we're large!Special Features:
- Great place to go out with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014Great atmosphere but a little too noisey. You could barely hear anyone talk. Great food and beer and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!mgf180Dined on 9/21/2014Casual fun place to stop in for drinks or a meal! Excellent food at very reasonable prices. Fabulous pulled pork nachos and great game day specials. TV's all around so you can catch the game but not so loud that you can't have conversations at your table. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Great food and our waitress was excellent. She came by several times to check on us.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!walj68Dined on 9/7/2014We went for dinner and drinks pre show at the PPAC. Plenty of parking in the area and a fun feel to the place. Our server, Greg, was fun, engaging and very knowledgeable of the beer and menu items. The food was creative and very well prepared. Portions were generous and an over all great value.Special Features:
- Low-key night outKScafDined on 9/6/2014Good for a few beers and burger...to watch a game and just hang out with friends. Modern atmosphere, like inside a mill. Fun place for a chill night.Special Features:
- Food unimpressiveFoodlover31VIPDined on 9/6/2014Possibly might return for drinks and the soft pretzel snack...but the food was not good at all. Even the basic burger was inedible.Special Features:
- Needs some workIrishgal80Dined on 9/5/2014It was very loud. The service was fair. Some ordered appetizers as their meal and they were brought out with the soups and salads instead of with everyone else's dinner. Food was ok - nothing spectacular. The chowder was great. The nachos had fake cheese on them. I probably would not return.Special Features:
- KaraokeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Karaoke room was awesome great service the waitress was very attentiveSpecial Features:
- Group EventOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014I went to G Pub with 16 friends for the start of a bachelor party. The food was great and inexpensive. They had a good beer selection. We spent most of out time playing shuffleboard and pool. I was surprised the place wasn't busy at all. I would definitely go back the next time I am on PROV.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 24 reviews are from the G Pub reviews archive.
- Should be better.fillerupDined on 7/25/2014G Pub atmosphere was friendly and comfortable- with volume. There were interesting drinks and food selections on the menu. Neither lived up to their description or price. Take a few dollars off per item- or make them a bit bigger- and then I could see eating there in a pinch. Was that really pastrami? The waiters were quite nice and accommodating but could have used a bit more basic training-. You do not clear dishes while other people in the party are still eating nor while customer is still eating- for one example.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/23/2014The food was very average. Service was excellent and they had a nice selection beers.Special Features:
- great serviceShanDined on 7/17/2014We had a great first experience. the food was great, the service was excellent, and we were able to occupy a tap room, which is a fun concept! I highly recommend this up and coming bar.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2014cool comfort food style menu, great beer list, but really quite loud due to solid concrete construction.Special Features:
- Good but SlowmlfpvdDined on 6/24/2014I must start by saying I really like the ProvG Pub. But my third trip there was a bit frustrating. They were clearly understaffed for a lunch rush. The waitresses blamed the kitchen for being overloaded. The noise level was a little higher than usual. When the food came, it was very good, just what I ordered, and served hot or cold, as applicable. But to do business in Downcity, you have to know your key audience and their eating habbits or you will become a relic quickly.Special Features:
- New Downtown Prov Burger JointcranstongourmandVIPDined on 6/21/2014G Pub is a relatively new below street-level pub in downtown Providence. I liked the place even though the crowd was mostly young. Decent food, decent service, and good beer list.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Cool; We'll be BackReviewsfrompvdVIPDined on 6/7/2014Had never tried G Pub but had heard good things. Was very impressed with design of he restaurant. Our server ROCKED IT! She pretty much gave us a virtual tour of the rest of the renovated Providence Gas Company building. The way she described everything we could picture what it would look like. Food sounded impressive from the menu and from our server's description. We had high expectations and were a little let down. Perhaps they're still getting the kinks out in the kitchen. We all said we would go back for the atmosphere and the service for cocktails (which were very cool...wine on tap!) but the food wouldn't bring us back - it also wouldn't keep us away.Special Features:
- OK place to grab a quick biteMikeyDined on 6/6/2014Went to dinner on Friday night as it was recommended by one of my neighbors. Mad a reservation for 8:00 PM as it was an option to do so. When my fiance and I arrived it was not very busy which was kind of surprising to me as it was a Friday night. The hostess was very nice and when I told her I had a reservation for 8:00 PM she knew who I was right away. Our waitress seemed new so she was not very attentive but was pleasant. This was our first experience with a Gastropub so we didn't really know what to expect. The food was excellent but the portion sizes were not overwhelming to say the least and a lot of it was a la carte. It had subway tiles on the walls which made it echo but it was not too bad. Overall not a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GpubrhonaVIPDined on 5/24/2014Food was very under seasoned, every dish ordered was bland had to add salt to everything. Fried chicken takes longer but they didn't time it well so everyone else had their food first while the last person waited.
- VersatileThompDined on 5/18/2014G Pub is a great place to go whether you are out for a drink or looking for a great meal (or both of course). The atmosphere is modern upscale/industrial looking. There are games like pool and shuffleboard, which is a plus; however these games can add to the high noise level. Overall I've enjoyed myself at G Pub!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great addition to downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/7/2014Glad to see this building be revitalized. Great pub food. Great beers on tap. service was great as well.Special Features:
- Friday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014We had a lovely time at G pub this past Friday night, everything was amazing. The atmosphere was very loud and energetic as we walked in but again, it was a Friday night. Our waitress was lovely, very upbeat and attentive. We started off with Pulled Pork Nachos which were delicious and messy, as nachos should be. For entrées we had the Meat & Potatoes and the Cowboy Steak. The Meat & Potatoes was a solid dish, the sides were excellent. Cowboy Steak was just as excellent, cheddar cheese grits? YES PLEASE. We ended the evening with two desserts, because why not. The white trash trifle was delightful and the fudged it was a dream come true. We will without a doubt be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchlkoolDined on 4/30/2014My husband and I stopped in for lunch and we were not disappointed. Great food and service in a really cool atmosphere. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Cold foodBrenDined on 4/12/2014We had a great server. However, in our party of six 3 meals were served cold. My chicken sandwich was pretty sad with only a smudge of guacamole and tiny bit of pico. Really was expecting a better food experience. Beers were good.Special Features:
- New and upscaleAjmmdVIPDined on 4/10/2014Exciting new pub with young crowd but food only standard hopefully will survive as it is priceySpecial Features:
- Great time!Luv2eatDined on 4/2/2014I love the energetic feel of this place - puts you in a good mood! The BLT was great and the hand cut fries were delish! I would definitely return to try more dishes. Sami was a great waitress - attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fish tacos were some ofclang25Dined on 3/30/2014The fish tacos were some of the best i've ever had! Looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The decor of the place islolaDined on 3/29/2014The decor of the place is great. There was a little bit of a scramble finding our reservation but eventually we got a table next to the bar which was fine. Our waitress was fantastic--super friendly and great service. Our food was so-so--and kind of cold even though it was supposed to be hot. This place is great for big groups--people can roam around and they seem to accomodate big groups really well. Wish the food was more special and we would go back.Special Features:
- We went there for lunch andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014We went there for lunch and both ordered fish tacos. Food was delicious, but a little slow in coming to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overbookedjpg12Dined on 3/21/2014I had a 715 reservation. The table that they were planning to put our party was just being served their dinner at 715, so the earliest we would get to our table was probably 745.. They had a few other tables that were open, and had been unoccupied for a good hour, and would have accommodated my group, but they refused to sit us at any of the other open tables, as they were "reserved". I would have understood if the place was packed and there were no open seats, but to see open tables since 6pm and be told they can only sit u at this one specific table was not appreciated. We ended up leaving and going to Bar Louie for dinner and to watch the Friars game.Special Features:
- Great place for drinksEmilyDined on 3/21/2014This is a great place for happy hour or for a few drinks. A really fun, energetic place-great addition to the bar scene in Providence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMikeDDined on 3/21/2014G Pub has it all. It's my new favorite spot. They've got great food and a huge selection of beer, wine and liquor. What really sticks out to me is how good the service is. I've been there 4 times now and every time it was a 10 out of 10. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When you enter G Pub throughSenorChubChubDined on 3/15/2014When you enter G Pub through its unassuming facade, a single glass paned door, you don't really expect much. Then you descend down into a super, beautiful industrial space with features that quietly reveal themselves i.e. backlit wood panels, the grain of wood on the booth tables, the fact that the chefs are big, bearded fellows (never trust a skinny cook.) The food is deconstructed, pub faire and the insanely low prices of said food will make you expect lesser quality, fret not you get pristine quality for the dough you are dishing out. The one draw back is that the beer menu does not impress me much, I am admittedly a giant beer snob but there is a precedent for amazing food paired with complex, hard-to-find beer on draft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was lackingProvDinerDined on 3/14/2014Made a reservation and still had to wait 20 minutes for a table when there were SEVERAL empty. Watched 3 people "bus" a table or stand around and talk with a few napkins in hand. No one seems to work with a sense of urgency, but they have lots of excuses. Once seated it took forever for a waitress to come and take our orders. And the wait was extremely long for bar food..nachos and sandwiches. The bar itself was busy but the restaurant area was not. However once the food finally arrived it was fantastic. Hopefully they work out the staff kinks because we would actually like to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.