G. Michael's Bistro & Bar
595 South Third Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
G. Michael's Bistro & Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://gmichaelsbistro.com/
- Phone: 6144640575
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Tetzloff
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: G. Michael's Bistro offers a wonderful room for your next business meeting & dinner, birthday party or family gathering of up to 45 guests. We tailor each event specifically to your needs so please call with any questions that you may have.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Benson 6144640575
A word from G. Michael's Bistro & Bar
: G. Michael's Bistro & Bar is a restaurant committed to a dining experience singular to historic German Village & Columbus. Our goal is to provide our guests with consistently superior food, drink, & service. Guests will be served by friendly, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic people committed to ensure that each & every visit to our restaurant is exceptional. We strive to make each guest feel as if they are our singular concern. This too, is the goal of our kitchen staff - to prepare every dish as if it were the chef's only concern. Our menu is a pleasing combination of contemporary American cuisine & many low country influences. The daily fish specials are always highly appreciated & sell out regularly. The wine list consists 25 offerings by the glass & a nice variety of perennial favorites & well respected small producers. We look forward to seeing you. Jeff Benson, Owner/OperatorContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
G. Michael's Bistro & Bar - Best Restaurants in German Village ›
G. Michael's Bistro & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (107)neighborhood gem (103)special occasion (99)romantic (82)great for outdoor dining (63)notable wine list (59)good for groups (30)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (14)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Lighting was too low, room temperature a little chilly, calamari was too greasy, steak was under seasoned. Best part about the food was the apple pie, although was surprised to see such a limited unimaginative dessert menu. Overall concept was a little dated.
- Casual, classy experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Had business associates in from out of state. They were very impressed with G Michael s. The food was great, the service was exceptional. We were a party of five and our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and how things were prepared. Our experience was casual but classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Under PressureOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014Dinner before a concert event and the place was PACKED! Even with a reservation we were seated 20 minutes late. However, after being seated all was good. Service, great. Food, exceptional. The meatball is amazing! The Martinis came with blue cheese stuffed olives and the bread is wonderful. We did not have time for dessert. But I must say, from the hostess to the manager...they were great under pressure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeamicky49Dined on 10/17/2014This was our first time dinning at G. Micheal's the service was great and the food was really good too. Prices are a little steep. I wish they had a wider price range we would come more often. Went to the Ohio Theater afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Columbus' bestajaxVIPDined on 10/13/2014G Michael's is one of our favorite restaurants. Three of had house salad or scallop appetizers, pork chop or walleye main courses, and shared lemon tart and ice cream for dessert. Each was perfectly prepared and delicious. Service was, as always, outstanding. The atmosphere is comfortable with plenty of space between tables.Special Features:
- good, but expensive.fmc1Dined on 10/12/2014Food is very good, however it is a bit pricey. At this price point it is competing with Columbus' best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful local spotrzbzDined on 10/11/2014We always love dining at G. Michael's. We come at least once each year for the autumn selections. The service is always wonderful, everything you could ask for. The servers are kind and attentive and always make an attempt to get to know us on a personal level. The wine list is amazing and the servers are very knowledgeable about how the wine pairs with the food. We often bring out-of-town visitors here since it's one of our favorite spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- place for all occasionsscrubsnsudsDined on 10/11/2014We had friends come in for a show at one of the local hotels. Yep they called wanting to know where was a good resturant close by. We offered to join them for dinner. We have eatten there with or without quest. Never , never have we had a bad experience. We brought our friends to G. Michaels for dinner. The food service and price was great. Our friends were very pleased that we shared our resturant with them. It was a high-lite .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BebeDined on 10/10/2014G. Michael's is always a pleasant place to dine. The food is outstanding and the service is always top-notch.Special Features:
- DisappointingGoCharlieDined on 10/9/2014Out-f-town married daughter came home and I picked this spot for an up-scale dinner. Perhaps I hadn't fully eplained about my wife's sensitivity to spicy foods enough; I sure wish I'd made it cleaarer! Her shrinp and grits had a sauce too spicy for her to eat. The grits and shrimp were tasty. My lamb was under cooked for my taste, and I had not been asked how I wanted it. Double fault there. Daughter's duck was the best of meals. I lay the fault here on both myself and the waiter - not enough good pre-ordering explanations on either side. Wines were great. Hope we fare better next time out; I know I'll be lots more careful. Not the event I'd planned.Special Features:
- Excellent Food Excellent ServiceSwim2TriDined on 10/3/2014Few times am I able to say a restaurant has achieved excellence in both food and service. G Michaels excels at both. Unlike other German Village establishments, G Michaels is not stuffy and does not rest on their laurels. This has been my third trip in 2 years and each time is better than the last. I especially appreciated the service provided to us by our server. He knew exactly when to be part of the conversation with his attentive service and quick wit without being overbearing. Thank you! When asked by friends for a good recommendation, G Michaels will be the first destination I recommend every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- newplacenofoodieDined on 9/29/2014delicious small plates and salads, and enough to make a meal. Great waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Great food, pleasant, quiet ambiance. Overall a great place to spend an anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hiccups with service- dinner divineLovefood56Dined on 9/26/2014Homecoming night made kit crowded and noisy. We had to wait quite a while for our server to come back and take our order after she brought our wine- but dinner was great- we loved the whole thing! Mussels for appetizer halibut for dinner and lemon tart for dessert- yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Service and FoodSabracadabraDined on 9/25/2014We had a wonderful meal - it's the kind of food that is completely deliberate. Every flavor was chosen with care, every grill mark seemed to be placed with care, and you could just taste the love and attention that went into everything that came out of the kitchen. It felt like Sophie's Choice when he read off the specials, which were all themed around pork that evening. That said, the chatter from the yuppiest couple that ever did yuppy kind of ruined the ambiance that would otherwise have been perfect. Not the restaurant's fault, and I'm sure they would have moved us inside if we asked, but we thought it would stop eventually. It did not. So maybe ask for a secluded table if you are celebrating something special?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 77proudDined on 9/21/2014Excellent food and service. Best rack of lamb I've had in years, and the lentil/beet salad was out of this world. And my husband thoroughly enjoyed his crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hufbroDined on 9/20/2014first time at g. michael's. friend recommended. now one of our favorites in columbus. nice menu variety. in paticular appreciated the efforts to use local produce and meats. our food was quite good. nice wine list. sat outside. outdoor patio is cozy and comfortable. next visit will try the ambience inside-which looked good from outside.Special Features:
- ExcellentKDPPDined on 9/19/2014My fiancee had the halibut and I had the lasagna. Both were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Happy Birthdaycsamons09Dined on 9/14/2014We had a late reservation for Sunday night. Service was excellent, thanks Collin, and the food came out right as we finished the prior course. The borgoo was amazing. I love the wine list which has great botitles at every price range. Can't wait to come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointingEddiePieDined on 9/14/2014I love the food, I love the drink, I love the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and RelaxingDewMouseDined on 9/13/2014G. Michael's knows how to relax and let you enjoy your food, which is delicious and nicely presented. The staff is friendly and attentive without hovering. Our only complaint is that they seemed to be having a problem with odor from the nearby bathrooms. It was obvious in the entire area in which we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerMarkDined on 9/13/2014Service was great, food was good. Only problem I had was a terrible odor when I walked in and was especially bad by the restrooms. Smelled like sewage. They were trying to cover it with cinnamon candles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- G. Michael's experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Phenominal. Everything we ate was out of this world from salads to apps to entrees. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for a Birthday!addicted2dinningDined on 9/10/2014When our family celebrates a birthday, we always go to G. Michael's. The whole atmosphere is just right for a good time of eating, drinking, and having fun conversation. The service was superb. The menu offered enough choices to suit everyone's taste. All of our orders were delicious and looked great as well. The wine list is extensive. We will be back for the next birthday for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For quiet, choose the patioBear70VIPDined on 9/9/2014I like a quiet spot and we really enjoyed the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently superiorFrequentDinerDined on 9/8/2014I often ask for adjustments to menu items, such as using low salt and fat in preparation, and the waits and chef are gracious and accommodating. Food is excellent. The patio last Monday was lovely. This has been our favorite place for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frexuDined on 9/6/2014Another excellent meal...the lamb ragout appetizer was amazing and very filling tried the chicken for first time and understand why it is always on menu ..crisp tender fried chicken served with tasty greens and sweet potatoesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningDavidVIPDined on 9/5/2014Picked out G Michaels on visit to Columbus. Everything was perfect from shrimp and grits to trout to skirt steak to pork medallion special. I especially liked the wine list...great selection and great price points...Special Features:
- Perfect eveningMcnoseDined on 9/2/2014The food was great. I had the Snapper and the candied heirloom tomatoes were outstanding. I would go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JenniferVIPDined on 8/31/2014They were subbing many entrees that Sunday evening-obviously not prepared. Steak was dry and the fish was fishyI would recommend this to a friend.
- JimmyJohnDined on 8/31/2014absolutely wonderful from the beginning to end...daryl, our waiter, attended to our every need, with charm the food was excellent and creative my daughter had told me several times to visit your restaurant, so for our anniversary, my daughter and her husband and my husband and I had a very special anniversary dinner at GMichaels. THANKSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Columbus find!cbusdinerDined on 8/30/2014I chose this restaurant after doing some research online. My parents came into town for the long weekend and I wanted to go somewhere unique and away from the normal Columbus scene. We were definitely not disappointed! The food was incredible - they emphasize using local, in season ingredients and I loved how many of the dishes had a southern flare. There were a good amount of people there, but it wasn't noisy (which we loved - we could have a conversation without yelling at each other). G Michaels is definitely one of the best restaurants in Columbus - awesome food, the service was great (waiter was very willing to help with recommendations and had a great sense of humor!), and I DEFINITELY will be coming back again!Special Features:
- Great, as always!njp584VIPDined on 8/30/2014G. Michael's Bistro and Bar is just as good as the first time my wife and I tried it, several years ago. The food is always adventurous, delicious, and unique.Special Features:
- Great place to beMacnMeDined on 8/29/2014Dinning with a large group, intimately with my wife or quality time with family, the food, the ambiance and the service are all without a doubt superior.Special Features:
- Fabulous FoodKristeDined on 8/23/2014I have been wanting to go here for sometime but can never get reservations. Finally did and it was outstanding. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Exceptional, as alwayspeenieDined on 8/23/2014It had been far too long since I had dined here and I was reminded why I love the food here: Interesting combinations, varied choices that would appeal to non-adventurous diners to those with a little more daring. Surprising, fresh, intoxicating tastes. I wonder if the chef would like to be my boyfriend?Special Features:
- Great find!!PKapDined on 8/22/2014This place is amazing and with a seasonal menu to match. The staff were very knowledgable, attentive, and knew just when to walk away. The food was amazing and it really set the tone for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- G MichaelsWineloverDined on 8/22/2014Very beautiful restaurant. Good food and service but extremely expensive! Everything was a la carte, which I didn't realize when ordering a soup/salad. I was surprised at some of the guests' dress. We were celebrating two birthdays and the men in our party all had jackets on. Some of the guests looked like they been walking by and decided to drop in and spend a few hundred bucks while in their shorts or jean and t-shirts.Special Features:
- Love This PlaceTralfazDined on 8/21/2014From the service to the food, this place can't be outdone!! Treat yourself to the best! Don't miss dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!JollyJoeDined on 8/19/2014Every dish was top notch! Te chef really has a wide array of flavors on the menu. My guest and I both opted for the specials of the night which was a lamb T-bone and grilled Oopa, both were flawless. Salads were filling and delicious as well. Wait staff was A+ as well; very timely, punctual, and personable. Will definitely be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.