G. Michael's Bistro & Bar
595 South Third Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
G. Michael's Bistro & Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://gmichaelsbistro.com/
- Phone: 6144640575
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Tetzloff
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: G. Michael's Bistro offers a wonderful room for your next business meeting & dinner, birthday party or family gathering of up to 45 guests. We tailor each event specifically to your needs so please call with any questions that you may have.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Benson 6144640575
A word from G. Michael's Bistro & Bar
: G. Michael's Bistro & Bar is a restaurant committed to a dining experience singular to historic German Village & Columbus. Our goal is to provide our guests with consistently superior food, drink, & service. Guests will be served by friendly, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic people committed to ensure that each & every visit to our restaurant is exceptional. We strive to make each guest feel as if they are our singular concern. This too, is the goal of our kitchen staff - to prepare every dish as if it were the chef's only concern. Our menu is a pleasing combination of contemporary American cuisine & many low country influences. The daily fish specials are always highly appreciated & sell out regularly. The wine list consists 25 offerings by the glass & a nice variety of perennial favorites & well respected small producers. We look forward to seeing you. Jeff Benson, Owner/OperatorContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
G. Michael's Bistro & Bar - Best Restaurants in German Village ›
G. Michael's Bistro & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (105)fit for foodies (100)neighborhood gem (99)romantic (85)great for outdoor dining (66)notable wine list (52)good for groups (27)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (17)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- 77proudDined on 9/21/2014Excellent food and service. Best rack of lamb I've had in years, and the lentil/beet salad was out of this world. And my husband thoroughly enjoyed his crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKDPPDined on 9/19/2014My fiancee had the halibut and I had the lasagna. Both were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Happy Birthdaycsamons09Dined on 9/14/2014We had a late reservation for Sunday night. Service was excellent, thanks Collin, and the food came out right as we finished the prior course. The borgoo was amazing. I love the wine list which has great botitles at every price range. Can't wait to come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointingEddiePieDined on 9/14/2014I love the food, I love the drink, I love the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and RelaxingDewMouseDined on 9/13/2014G. Michael's knows how to relax and let you enjoy your food, which is delicious and nicely presented. The staff is friendly and attentive without hovering. Our only complaint is that they seemed to be having a problem with odor from the nearby bathrooms. It was obvious in the entire area in which we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerMarkDined on 9/13/2014Service was great, food was good. Only problem I had was a terrible odor when I walked in and was especially bad by the restrooms. Smelled like sewage. They were trying to cover it with cinnamon candles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- G. Michael's experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Phenominal. Everything we ate was out of this world from salads to apps to entrees. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for a Birthday!addicted2dinningDined on 9/10/2014When our family celebrates a birthday, we always go to G. Michael's. The whole atmosphere is just right for a good time of eating, drinking, and having fun conversation. The service was superb. The menu offered enough choices to suit everyone's taste. All of our orders were delicious and looked great as well. The wine list is extensive. We will be back for the next birthday for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For quiet, choose the patioBear70Dined on 9/9/2014I like a quiet spot and we really enjoyed the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently superiorFrequentDinerDined on 9/8/2014I often ask for adjustments to menu items, such as using low salt and fat in preparation, and the waits and chef are gracious and accommodating. Food is excellent. The patio last Monday was lovely. This has been our favorite place for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frexuDined on 9/6/2014Another excellent meal...the lamb ragout appetizer was amazing and very filling tried the chicken for first time and understand why it is always on menu ..crisp tender fried chicken served with tasty greens and sweet potatoesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningDavidVIPDined on 9/5/2014Picked out G Michaels on visit to Columbus. Everything was perfect from shrimp and grits to trout to skirt steak to pork medallion special. I especially liked the wine list...great selection and great price points...Special Features:
- Perfect eveningMcnoseDined on 9/2/2014The food was great. I had the Snapper and the candied heirloom tomatoes were outstanding. I would go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimmyJohnDined on 8/31/2014absolutely wonderful from the beginning to end...daryl, our waiter, attended to our every need, with charm the food was excellent and creative my daughter had told me several times to visit your restaurant, so for our anniversary, my daughter and her husband and my husband and I had a very special anniversary dinner at GMichaels. THANKSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Columbus find!cbusdinerDined on 8/30/2014I chose this restaurant after doing some research online. My parents came into town for the long weekend and I wanted to go somewhere unique and away from the normal Columbus scene. We were definitely not disappointed! The food was incredible - they emphasize using local, in season ingredients and I loved how many of the dishes had a southern flare. There were a good amount of people there, but it wasn't noisy (which we loved - we could have a conversation without yelling at each other). G Michaels is definitely one of the best restaurants in Columbus - awesome food, the service was great (waiter was very willing to help with recommendations and had a great sense of humor!), and I DEFINITELY will be coming back again!Special Features:
- Great, as always!njp584VIPDined on 8/30/2014G. Michael's Bistro and Bar is just as good as the first time my wife and I tried it, several years ago. The food is always adventurous, delicious, and unique.Special Features:
- Great place to beMacnMeDined on 8/29/2014Dinning with a large group, intimately with my wife or quality time with family, the food, the ambiance and the service are all without a doubt superior.Special Features:
- Fabulous FoodKristeDined on 8/23/2014I have been wanting to go here for sometime but can never get reservations. Finally did and it was outstanding. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Exceptional, as alwayspeenieDined on 8/23/2014It had been far too long since I had dined here and I was reminded why I love the food here: Interesting combinations, varied choices that would appeal to non-adventurous diners to those with a little more daring. Surprising, fresh, intoxicating tastes. I wonder if the chef would like to be my boyfriend?Special Features:
- Great find!!PKapDined on 8/22/2014This place is amazing and with a seasonal menu to match. The staff were very knowledgable, attentive, and knew just when to walk away. The food was amazing and it really set the tone for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- G MichaelsWineloverDined on 8/22/2014Very beautiful restaurant. Good food and service but extremely expensive! Everything was a la carte, which I didn't realize when ordering a soup/salad. I was surprised at some of the guests' dress. We were celebrating two birthdays and the men in our party all had jackets on. Some of the guests looked like they been walking by and decided to drop in and spend a few hundred bucks while in their shorts or jean and t-shirts.Special Features:
- Love This PlaceTralfazDined on 8/21/2014From the service to the food, this place can't be outdone!! Treat yourself to the best! Don't miss dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!JollyJoeDined on 8/19/2014Every dish was top notch! Te chef really has a wide array of flavors on the menu. My guest and I both opted for the specials of the night which was a lamb T-bone and grilled Oopa, both were flawless. Salads were filling and delicious as well. Wait staff was A+ as well; very timely, punctual, and personable. Will definitely be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/12/2014We always love dining here. We love the menu, but find the specials are excellent and usually end up ordering those. We are never disappointed.Special Features:
- DaveVIPDined on 8/4/2014We have eaten at G Michael's before and it was outstanding, that is why we came back. This time was a different story. While the wine list is still outstanding the food quality has dropped. My wife and I had different meals with the same over seasoned taste. I hope that if we ever go back when we are in the Columbus area it will be better.
- G Michaels continues great foodjjaynesDined on 8/2/2014Really good meal at G Michaels with their summer menu. Recommend the rabbit and duck combo, and some of the small plates… very tasty!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time As Good As The First!Hedhunter9701Dined on 8/2/2014This was the second time we dined at G. Michaels! While we didn't get the table we requested as our first choice via Open Table reservation, we were seated by a window (our second choice). The food and service were very good; the appetizer (brazed duck with noodles), duck special, and 8oz. New Zealand Lamb Rack were nicely presented with mild flavoring, pleasing to the pallet. Although we could have used a slightly larger portion on both accounts. Waiters are absolute professionals, who can lead you through the menu and specials to whatever your taste desires. Their service was timely and personable without being intrusive. We wish the menu included a nice side Caesar salad, but the salad selection is varied and good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014The food and service are never disappointing. The food experience is always worth the price, which is in my opinion is extremely reasonable. It is so fun to go enjoy exquisite service, atmosphere, and food somewhere - and G. Michael's is always the place for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014Very nice meal and will certainly be back. Service was attentive, but rehearsed rather than natural and engaging. Fried green tomatoes were perfect, but the special salmon with cold cous cous salad and a cold remulade had too much cold and not enough hot on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- G. MichaelstonitravelVIPDined on 7/29/2014G. Michaels is a great place for tapas, gazpacho, salads (roasted corn salad was a hit) and good wine. The ambiance was pleasant and the service outstanding. Definitely a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super dining experience61rockDined on 7/26/2014wonderful dining experience! Julieanne was outstanding. Food was excellent. Will be the NEW special occasion spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- G. Michael's Does Not DisappointjwallyVIPDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I had an early dinner at G. Michael's Bistro before attending a show. We have always enjoyed a delicious meal at this restaruant. We chose the Restaurant Week menu. Each of had the BLT Salad Wedge of Romaine. It was a generous salad with bacon crumbles and blue cheese and tomatoes. The homemade green goddess dressing really set it our well. My wife enjoyed an entree of the broiled pork tenderloin. She commented on the chilled three bean salad that was served with the tenderloin. I had the sockeye salmon entree with succotash. I really enjoyed the garnish of the pepper jam on the salmon. Our server was helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!AmyGDined on 7/25/2014Restaurant week is such a great value opportunity that we visited 5 different restaurants in one week. G Michael's tied for first place with a very different place downtown. We were so impressed with the choice and the thought that had gone into the menu. I had mussels/scallops/panna cotta and all three courses were spectacular. Can't quite believe we only paid $30 plus drinks. It was my third time at G.Michael's and I will certainly be back there soon.Special Features:
- Fun spot, great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014This was our first time at G. Michael`s. What a great experience! we will definitely go back. David, our waiter, was absolutely the best. He was attentive, friendly, and with a good sense of humour. Being there during "restaurant week" gave us an opportunity to try the 3 course meal offerings. I chose the cold soup (I don`t remember the name) which was amazing, the scallops and panna cotta. Everything was delicious. Everyone at my table (there were 6 of us) was pleased with what they chose. It was a delightful evening.Special Features:
- Excellent service, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014Always a great meal at G. Michael's. The waiter was fabulous and the food was great (except dessert, which is why 4 stars for food and not 5). I can't say enough about the waiter - excellent, patient, knowledgeable and friendly. The scallops were perfectly cooked and accompanied by great sides of potatoes and spinach. Wine by the glass list had some great selections. Decent beer list. As mentioned, dessert was not great. They shouldn't attempt fancy desserts; either do it right or stick to fuit and ice cream. I'll definitely go back, but will skip dessert next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerColumbusDinerDined on 7/24/2014My wife and I celebrated 10 years at our favorite restaurant in Columbus. We both had fish for our main entree, and the place does fish very well -- always plated with sides that make the fish very savory and filling. Service is generally attentive, though we dined on the patio and it was slightly slower than normal (though nothing *that* bad.) The seasonal menus are always fun to explore. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Always excellent.geoshoeDined on 7/24/2014We are frequent diners at G Michael's. The food is always superb and the service is friendly and efficient. The meal is presented at a perfect pace. I never feel rushed, nor do I feel ignored. All or the service staff is very competent, but we always ask for Tim. He is like an old friend.Special Features:
- zinkDined on 7/22/2014Excellent Food - Steamed mussel for appetizer was outstanding, Pan fried Scallops for entree was excellent and the Bourbon vanilla custard for dessert also excellent sweet but not too sweet. Service was Good but little too slow. But our server was very nice.Special Features:
- Highs and lowsbackbayfoodie2VIPDined on 7/21/2014The pineapple and mango "gazpacho" was wonderful and the deconstructed wedge salad was good. The fried calamari were disappointing--soggy, with an overly sweet glaze. All the main courses were very good: scallops, salmon and lasagna. Unfortunately, all the desserts were just okay, a let-down after the high standard set. They included an apple crisp, panna cotta, a tart and worst of all, a "gelee" (which, in fairness, our waiter warned us we might not like, but we thought we'd try it anyway.) Overall, a very fine place; perhaps a new pastry chef should be considered.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great settingBbfcvenDined on 7/20/2014Great German Village location and setting for outdoor dining. Fresh and varied menu includes small plates and entrees. Good wine list. Excellent service. Always enjoyable and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.