Fuze Restaurant - 79th Street - Avalon
7888 Dune Drive
Avalon, NJ 08202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Fuze Restaurant - 79th Street - Avalon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fuzerestaurantandlounge.com/
- Phone: 6093681919x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steve Cozzi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Fuze Restaurant - 79th Street - Avalon and Mirage Lounge is available for All private events.
With two spacious banquet rooms, large dining room and bar we are happy to accommodate your event needs.
- Private Party Contact: Anthony Cozzi 6093681919x
- Entertainment: Fuze Restaurant - 79th Street - Avalon proudly offers live music on weekends. Soft Jazz by Music Magic on Fridays and acclaimed Jazz singer Pauline Bennick on Saturdays.
A word from Fuze Restaurant - 79th Street - Avalon
Fuze Restaurant - 79th Street - Avalon is an up-scale fine-dining establishment that caters to those that want to celebrate that special occasion or just want to relax in a comfortable trendy environment. Our professional servers and exceptional cuisine has gained us critical acclaim and recognition through out the restaurant industry. We are a full service restaurant that also offers private dining rooms and specialized menus for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fuze Restaurant - 79th Street - Avalon - Best Restaurants in Avalon ›
Fuze Restaurant - 79th Street - Avalon reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)fit for foodies (21)romantic (18)good for groups (15)notable wine list (15)neighborhood gem (14)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)Show More
- NicesamontownDined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed our meal while dinning at FUZE. The place was a little loud, most places are. The service, once we received introductions, was very good. Our reservation was at 8:00pm on Saturday and they all ready ran out of the special. It was explained that because they are only open Thursday through Sunday on the weekend, they purposefully do not over stock so things run out. The veal dish was very tough but I think all and all the 5 entrees ordered were well liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too many mixed reviewsJanRickStrykerDined on 9/20/2014Mac and Cheese was outstanding, but for $15 we expected more. Beet and arugula salad was RIDICOULSLY Small for the 4 of us to share and thought the red beets tasted canned. My stuffed trout was the highlight and my friend's flounder was very good. But my mate's veal needed to be pounded as it was a little tough and my other friend's salmon was too salty to eat. Food server was informed, waitress never bothered to ask. When 4 people spend $300 on a meal, we expect much higher standards. Will not be back.
- Feeding Your MindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Extremely over priced. Best things were the waitress, the black forest chocolate martini and the triple chocolate cake desert also the ahi tuna appetizer otherwise wasnt worth the price. Wine is 3 times the price u can buy it for at a liquore store. We live at the shore and visit many resturaunts in cape may and all the islands as well as inland.Special Features:
- Nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Very hospitable on an "everyone running late" Friday night. Server very nice, food good. It was actually very busy.
- Romantic dinnerJP88VIPDined on 9/11/2014We had such a romantic dinner at Fuze. The wait staff were so attentive and friendly, and the food was very, very good. The veal medallions in gruyere fondue sauce was simply outstanding. Can't wait to try that again. Wish the crabmeat-avocado cocktail were still on the menu though; had that last year when we visited 7 mile island.Special Features:
- What a surprise!eatupanddance13Dined on 9/4/2014My husband and I had been in Avalon a few days when we decided to try Fuze. The other dinners we had gone to were rather noisy and hectic. Fuze was very different. The was waiter Mark was wonderful. He helped me chose a wonderful cocktail, I think it was called berry-berry tinni. I had the flounder fanchaise it was great! It was also a very large portion. My husband and I shared the key-lime pie. It was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island gourmet spotTravelerVIPDined on 8/31/2014The food was very well prepared and tasty. The best part of the menu is that some dishes like the crab cake can be either an appetizer portion or an entree. The salads are so large that a salad and an appetizer portion of the crab cake is quite sufficient if you are looking for a lighter bite.Special Features:
- MamaCassDined on 8/31/2014Food was great - had people with us with food alergies - not much of a selection for them. Did not seem to be enough help! waited long for desserts and drinks and getting the check!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & serviceBobboDined on 8/24/2014We had reservations and were seated immediately. Our server was there quickly to take our drink order. Drinks came quickly and at that time the server gave us the specials of the day. They sounded good, but we ordered off the menu. The beet and goat cheese salad was excellent. We both had fish. Flounder and Bronzino. Both very good. After we were finished the host (Anthony) stopped by our table to ask how everything was. He was gracious and was pleased we enjoyed our meal and hoped to see us again soon. Finally we give kudos to our server. He was efficient, yet unobtrusive, and very personable. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Beautiful PlanackermdVIPDined on 8/17/2014This is a great restaurant. It was our first time there and we really enjoyed dinner and service.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedKSQdinerDined on 8/16/2014Our entree's had heavy sauces on both and overwhelmed the otherwise tender veal medallions that I had. My wife's fish was smothered in a cream sauce and the risotto which was to accompany the dish was non-existent other than the sauce and a tomatoe. The servers had no personality and rushed us after dinner - no offer of coffee or dessert. We had a late reservation, 9 pm however there were still many tables being served when we left so no reason to rush us. They said the restuarant was BYOB but there is a $25 corkage fee since they actually have a bar/wine list. I expect that in NYC but not here. The only staff who treated us like customers were the bus persons who were great but that is a sad statement for a high end restaurant.Special Features:
- Still mostly an unfounded treasureeatindineoutDined on 8/15/2014Once again an almost perfect dinning experience. Stopped at the Yacht Club where there was an event going on and decided not to stay for dinner. Went to the OpenTable app and found Fuze had availability within 45 minutes. This turned out to be a fortunate turn of events. Saw friends, workmates and others around the bar. Our reservations were ready, our server was attentive and the food was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/20143 out of our 5 meals were completely unsatisfactory and poorly prepaired, very overpriced for the quality. My five year old grandaughters childs pasta dish was $16. The most every I paid for a childs pasta dish that was the 6th unsatisfactory prepaired dish
- Good food in a not so good areaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014The restaurant is in the back of the motel rooms so it didn't look very enticing. However, the ambience is completely different once you enter the restaurant. There was live music and it was a hopping lively place for dinner. All 5 of us ordered fish and goat cheese with beets and everything was delicious! The only downside was the slow service when ordering. It would have been fine but my 8 year old was very tired at 8p.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner! We Will Be Back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014This was our first time at Fuze and we'll definitely be back. Our teenage sons said the lobster macaroni and cheese was the best they've ever had. Our halibut, filet and chicken entrees were delicious and the blueberry/peach cobbler and apple pie was even better. The service was great too - everyone from the bartender to our waitress was friendly and attentive. We're looking forward to enjoying another dinner here before vacation is over!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodfanSeafoodfanDined on 7/30/2014Outstanding restaurant. There were five of us and we all were impressed by the menu and loved our selections. The service was superb. The waitress was professional and accommodating. The ambience is lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014There were eight of us and everyone went home super happy with the experience. The food and service were excpetional.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentMellowfellowVIPDined on 7/27/2014We eat here several times a year and the food and service are always consistently excellent. Guitar music added to a nice dinner. This is a hidden gem as there were quite a few open tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean42Dined on 7/23/2014Great service.very knowledgeable about menu. Food was delicious.Will be returning on next visit to shore.Special Features:
- Best in townOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014We saw negatives on trip advisor. But it was the absolute best meal everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/19/2014We have dined here many times and I must say it is the most consistent restaurant in the area. Top notch service, excellent food and such a fun atmosphere make this place one of the best. It's not a huge menu but I think we've tried just about everything on it and every dish really is amazing. What a great chef.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Shore SpotGGfordinnerDined on 7/11/2014Absolutely love this place.. Anthony and staff are the best! And the live music is a great touch and always the proper volume!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 124 reviews are from the Fuze Restaurant - 79th Street - Avalon reviews archive.
- Outstanding!BubbleTown420Dined on 6/21/2014...crabcakes and seared scallops are a must! We loved this place, and will go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/20/2014This is our 5th year dining at this awesome restaurant. We never have a mediocre or bad dish. Everything is cooked to perfection. The soft shell crab special was superb. Branzino was also amazing. Of course their standard menu items are delicious: chicken pot pie served a fanciful bowl to their trout & lobster. Say Hi to the owners who are identical twins and have a great time.Special Features:
- special request honoredtough2pleezDined on 6/19/2014We requested steak tartare for one member of our group of five who had dined at Fuze before and loved that dish there. Management told us that it was not on the menu that evening. I expressed regret over the fact. When we showed up they had prepared one serving of it just for us! Great personal touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuncloudDined on 6/19/2014Good food but sad no recognition of OPT points. Staff somewhat grumpy. Steak very good but attitude could improve.Special Features:
- Very good restaurantStanVIPDined on 6/14/2014Very nice atmosphere with music and food was very good and well served.We will without a doubt be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Evening at Fuze!JLH8588Dined on 6/5/2014I invited three life-long friends to have a special dinner at the shore, and chose Fuze. It happened to be Restaurant Week, which is sometimes not a restaurant's finest hour. But this was a truly spectacular evening on every level. The food was delicious, the service simply superb (a rarity at the shore) and everything about the evening was just perfect. Though you don't feel like you're at the shore (no view, no anything other than a lovely dining room), you do know that you in a fine dining establishment. As a former restaurant owner, I can say that I was very impressed by every aspect of the evening, as were my guests. To be able to run a dining room with that level of excellence in a seasonal resort is not easy. Kudos to Fuze!Special Features:
- RedwingDined on 5/23/2014The staff was friendly and attentive , the food the great , and Anthony was a welcoming host as usual , the ceviche is the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ServiceJillDined on 10/4/2013We had a server at Fuze who was the most professional we have seen in ages. She was fast and nice and couldn't have been more helpful. The restaurant was out of Halibut (at 7 PM) and substituted no other fish. The crab cakes were tasty and the dinner version was 2 huge cakes. I recommend getting only one. The chopped salad was super and also huge. The singer was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fuze continues to excelJamesDined on 9/27/2013Anthony and Stephen maintain the stellar reputation that they've built over the last few years. The halibut was superb as was the pork shank. House wine was an outstanding sangiovese blend. Can't go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surprise!GMRCAMVIPDined on 9/21/2013My husband and I arrived at the Fuze restaurant in Avalon, only to find that our reservation was with their restaurant of the same name on the other side of town. They were gracious and the host called ahead to let them know we were on our way. Our meals were delicious, especially the heirloom salad and the fish. There were talented musicians playing softly in the bar area. The waitstaff was excellent. The restaurant was a nice surprise for us as we had passed by this Fuze for years and from the outside architecture, we had the impression that it was primarily a nightclub. As it turned out, they have a small bar and a beautifully-decorated dining room, serving great food..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first time there. We foundDelbikerDined on 9/14/2013Our first time there. We found the food and service to be superior to most high end shore resturants. Great bar! Nice selection of wines. We will return.Special Features:
- Shore TreatGourmetVIPDined on 8/31/2013Fuzze is getting better and better. I particularly like the chopped salad and crabcakes. The meat eaters at our table were satisfied too. The food was good as well as the presentation. Our server was very attentive. Did I mention they have music? We will go back.Special Features:
- Best Meal group has had recentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2013Celebrated our friends' 20th anniversary week with an earlier Friday dinner. Being early we were able to enjoy 2 of the evening specials - Bronzinos served table side - they ran out of that special quickly. Also had the crispy pork shank which was "to die for". Salads very tasty and nice portions. Excellent selection of wines in the mid-price range. Another great feature of this restaurant is that the menu changes during the season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed !CherDined on 8/26/2013I read reviews before we picked this restaurant . Just to let you know it is definitely not kid friendly . The gnocchi appetizer was very small but tasty . My husband had the pork shank which was dry . I had the veal medallions and it had good flavor but was a little dry . The reviews I read said how great this restaurant was and I would say it was just ok .
- It has gotten too expensivefoodieVIPDined on 8/24/2013Fuze is a good restaurant, a little better than most in Avalon but the prices are truly outrageous. My husband and I didn't get anything out of the ordinary and a very inexpensive bottle of wine. The bill was still way over $100 a person! There are many center city restaurants with much better food for less! You are paying for the zip code. I was truly disappointed.Special Features:
- Fine Dinning with a flareeatindineoutDined on 8/23/2013We live in Stone Harbor and have been fans of Fuze for a long time as our secret go to place for a quiet well prepared and well served dinning experience. We were not, in any way, disappointed last Friday evening. Amanda, our server, was cordial, efficient and well versed on the menu and specials. Walter was on his game, as usual, with his perfect Cosmopolitan and the Vin 91 Zin was a perfect with the Crispy Pork Shank, Yes CRISPY and it was the right choice. I know it is getting late in the season but try to find an evening to enjoy a worthwhile dinning experience of very good drinks, food, service and live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued Excellence at the ShoreJamesDined on 8/15/2013Fuze compares favorably with any place in Atlantic City and would compete in Manhattan. Steve and Anthony have brought fine dining to Avalon. Menu is creative, service is attentive but never pushes to intrusive. Try the scallops.Special Features:
- Food has wonderful flavor.TravelerVIPDined on 8/15/2013Food has wonderful flavor. Nice selection of fish, pasta, meat and chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.