Fuze Italian - 21st Street
2109 Dune Drive
Avalon, NJ 08202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Fuze Italian - 21st Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fuzeitalian.com/HOME.html
- Phone: 6097965543x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday:5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Steve Cozzi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
A word from Fuze Italian - 21st Street
Fuze Italian - 21st Street is the second restaurant of Avalon’s hottest new restaurateurs, twin brothers Steve and Anthony Cozzi. For some we are a casual evening retreat for dinner after a shore-studded day, for others the romantic atmosphere in a hidden corner or a secluded booth provides the ideal place for life’s special moments.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Fuze Italian - 21st Street - Best Restaurants in Avalon ›
Fuze Italian - 21st Street reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (55)fit for foodies (53)special occasion (38)great for outdoor dining (38)good for groups (36)romantic (21)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fuze needs upgradingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014While Avalon is still in need of good restaurants, there seems to be this presumption that they can serve a decent bowl of pasta in a place little more attractive than a local Italian-American club and charge $27 for it is galling. The staff is universally competent and polite but the decor cries out for something warmer, more attractive. Two doors down they've learned the value of ambience. Seasonal or not, they need some renovation; the back room, specifically is ugly, ugly.
- First time at FuzeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014On 8/31 (sunday of Labor Day wknd), we tried Fuze for the first time.I had somewhat of high expectations based on the reviews I read, however the place did not quite meet my expectations.We were seated but not acknowledged by our waitress for about 10- 15 minutes. She was very pleasant, but seemed overwhelmed.I noticed the table next to us had also been seated for a while before they finally got up to ask the hostess where their server was.We ordered the calamari and gnocchi for our appetizer, which were excellent.I ordered the Flounder and my husband ordered the Halibut. Both dishes seemed dry and not very flavorful. Service was mediocre. It was very busy being labor day weekend, but I expected better food and service for the price.
- Sunday GravyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014If you go on a Sunday try the Sunday Gravy! You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly EnjoyableChicChickDined on 8/30/2014Early reservation that didn't feel awkward. Interesting menu that satisfied everyone. Dinner was yummy and the service very professional yet warm.Special Features:
- Dependable for a good meal!seashoreseafood585Dined on 8/25/2014This was my fourth time at Fuze Italian and as usual I was very impressed. Each of my experiences before I had ordered the veal a la fuze but this time I wanted something different. I asked our server and she recommended the perfectly roasted chicken- outstanding! It truley is a perfect dish! Can't wait to come again and try another new dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodStanVIPDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed so much our dinner.The food was very well prepared and made for a special nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/22/2014We live year round at the shore and went to fuze which was actually good last summer. The good news--our server Brett was simply excellent. The bad news -- the food. We had the fuze salad which was small and looked like a free salad one would get from longhorn steakhouse. Salad had about four cubes of cheese and even less meat . So disaponted. Next we had the meatball app which was dry and over cooked. My wife had flounder over risotto which had no flavor and I had the halibut which was bland with over cooked fingerling potatoes. - it won't last. Better to try the new hotspots ---p .shields in cape may - new ownership and poppis in wildwood- casual Italian. Enjoy the shore!!!
- Awesome NightOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/18/2014Not only was the food outstanding (again), but the service was awesome. I would highly recommend Fuze to anyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite there yetMellowfellowVIPDined on 8/18/20145 of us went to dinner. My father and I had the veal a la fuze like we had several weeks prior but this time asked them to make sure the risotto was hot as the previous time it was luke warm. This time it was hot and the veal a la fuze was excellent once again. My wife got he halibut but said it was too salty. Service wasn't as good as the previous time and our empty plates remained too long. Fuze in the Desert Sands is a much better option and there's music and a bar there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensive fair chicken dinnetMikeSDined on 8/16/2014Grossly overpriced for what you get Service was just ok Food was hot when delivered
- LucciluvUestiaDined on 8/15/2014This was my first visit. The restaurant was highly recommend and I would agree. The food was excellent. We especially enjoyed the provolone appetizer. Our waiter appeared to be a little over whelmed trying to serve our party of two and take care of a larger group. He seemed a little rushed when it came time to serve us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6388Dined on 8/13/2014Have dined here several times. Food very consistent, nice selection and interesting specials. Great seafood and pastas. Enjoyable experience when dining with adults only and our teen children. Limited outside seating, but we prefer outside at this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/12/2014Excellent dinner, will be back again. really enjoyed all - desserts a mustSpecial Features:
- AvalonDined on 8/9/2014The reservations were easy to make. We were greeted by a friendly staff member. Our waiter came over soon to our table. However he seemed to be very rushed and very busy. We asked for a little extra olive oil for our bread but he forgot to bring it to us. He seemed to rush us with pouring our wine as well. The food was delicious but our waiter was not that great, very busy and very rushed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!WildcatDined on 8/9/2014Group of 4 girls had a fabulous time out for a classy dinner celebrating the engagement of a close friend. Server was great, atmosphere was great, not one complaint! Excellent BYOB spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second bad experience...veraDined on 8/7/2014This was my second time here. The first time I had the chicken...it was over cooked, or reheated. Very dry, but the mushrooms that it was served with were tasty. This time, I went for the chicken again...not as dry, but flavorless. Food was no better than diner food, and not even a good diner. BUT...it was the manager that will have none of us EVER going back. We had just finished our $11 deserts and coffee, when he approached us and asked us how our meal was. We told him that it was ok. Then he said, "I have a party waiting for this table" I asked him if he was asking us to leave, he said, "essentially, yes" There were even other tables empty right behind us. Mediocre food...ghastly manager...NO THANKS!!
- terrible this yearbyeFuzeVIPDined on 8/6/2014I had dined numerous times last year at this restaurant and enjoyed everyone. This last visit this year was my third and final. This year brought a new menu, new chef and new Manager. Each visit this year has been worse and worse and this was no exception. Service was so slow it took 25 minutes to get someone to open a bottle of wine when we sat. Food was overcooked, while most items are now deep fried. All of the dishes, we enjoyed last year have been replaced or changed. My children always ordered bolognese and it was like soup when it arrived on this visit. really sad to see such terrible changes to a great place last year
- ReviewStretchDined on 8/4/2014The restaurant was lovely. The food and their presentation was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2014Dined with family. Split the 21 day aged meatball as appetizer-it was the BEST meatball we have ever had-should've ordered more. Had veal fuze, flounder Francese, chicken Parmesan and seafood manicotti-everyone enjoyed their entrees.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare good restaurant at the shorePhillyexpatsVIPDined on 8/4/2014If you have tried finding a decent restaurant on 7 mile island, you know that can be difficult. The Fuze location in Avalon (BYOB) is a good choice. Our party of six enjoyed our salads, appetizers and entrees very much. Especially good was the flounder, the best I have ever had. Although billed as an Italian restaurant, this is not your typical pasta and meatballs joint. Be sure to book a table in the front room, because the back room, near the rest rooms and kitchen, is not very pleasant. The service was very efficient, however, our primary waiter had an attitude which was off-putting. Unlike its sister restaurant on the Stone Harbor/Avalon border, this location is a BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food!FrankieDined on 8/2/2014The food is excellent... Especially the veal Parmesan! Be sure not to miss the ricotta cheesecake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food, great serviceflc123Dined on 8/2/2014The menu at fuse Italian was great - so many delicious dishes. Everything we tried was well cooked and presented. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choicebezecoopDined on 7/30/2014The food was excellent. Would return without hesitation. Is a BYOB which makes the restaurant even better. Food is reasonably priced considering it is a BYOB BezecoopSpecial Features:
- Great Place!philerupVIPDined on 7/29/2014My wife and I are always looking for a good spot in Avalon to eat. We found one! Although we only ordered appetizers (4 different ones) they were all delicious. The service was outstanding. I highly recommend FUZE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good again, hope staples return!Luv2eatDined on 7/28/2014Great dinner with the family, once again. For some of the younger ones in my family, having some of the traditional Italian dishes of spaghetti and meatballs or others back on the menu would be great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2014Great Italian food down the shore! We make sure to enjoy a Fuze dinner every summer vacation in Avalon!Special Features:
- Sunday GravyBarbaraDined on 7/27/2014We went specifically for these day gravy special and were not at all disappointed. It is a hearty meal and so delicious.Special Features:
- FamilyOfFoodiesVIPDined on 7/26/2014Hit or miss. But this time it was a hit. Food was delicious.
- JoeCDined on 7/26/2014Good was outstanding and the service was excellent. Would certainly return and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!seashoreseafood585Dined on 7/25/2014The food was outstanding. I had the local flounder, which was awesome and the perfect size. My husband had the veal a la fuze, which he said was the best veal he ever had. There is truly nothing better than a byo restaurant down the shore with exceptional food. We are looking forward to coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/19/2014We overheard people talking about this restaurant at a local store here in Avalon, and we understand why. It was our first time, and will not be our last. The food, the service, and even the people sitting next to us were great. The young server was very knowledgeable and super attentive. He recommended a few items on the menu and one of the specials that evening. We can't wait to come back again next weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- caligirlpa66Dined on 7/18/2014Loved it! Ate there this weekend and had the Halibut. The food was great! Would recommend to my friends and would visit again.Special Features:
- True Italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014Once again...a great dinner! We go here often and it never disappoints!Special Features:
- Disappointing DinnerDebbieDined on 7/12/2014We were very disappointed with dinner. The flounder portion was very small and the special salad for the evening was tasteless. Other than the salad there were no other specials. Two members of the party were served a half cup of cappuccino. The manager was called over and he had the server give a full cup to each person. We have been to Fuze Italian in the past and the dinners were always good. Needless to say, we were very disappointed.
- Becoming a regularsteakloverVIPDined on 7/11/2014Have been ding at Fuze Italian since it first opened. Has become our favorite restaurant on seven mile island. Food, service and attitude much better than most at the shore. Food consistently outstanding with dishes worth returning for over and over again. Probably has the best, most generous piece of halibut we have ever had. All dishes outstanding. Wait staff always friendly and eager to please welcoming us each time we return. Sat outside last week on a beautiful evening and was wonderful. Have enjoyed ding here in the off season as well. Makes you feel like you are in Avalon when you are there. Highly recommend this restaurant though make a reservation for weekends during the season because become very popular and rightfully so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the shore, the food's not bad.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/9/2014But, the service is atrocious. This is the 3rd time I've been there. Every time I go we have a party of 6, and every time they jam us into a 4 top. And the place is half empty. I just don't get it, particulary when the manager can't find room to place the appetizers, and yet he's clueless as to why. Further, the waitress was totally disengaged, never smiled, and looks like she would like to be anywhere else but there. We won't be back.
- You get what you pay for....LchiafulloVIPDined on 7/9/2014And that was a lot! From beginning to end, the service was outstanding, the portions were generous, and the quality of the food was superb! (And the bathrooms were very clean!). Try the clam appetizer. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time no charmOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/8/2014This was my 3rd time to Fuze. The service has always been friendly, efficient and professional. I was disappointed in the menu, or perhaps just chose the wrong thing. the chicken parmesan was dried out, over- cooked , hard, the pasta was way overcooked and mushie...minimal sauce, 3 items were unavailable on the menu...surprising for a high season week in summer. The quality of the food on the previous menus was a higher caliber. This menu is no more distinct than other shore eateries. The strength is in the waitstaff.Special Features:
- Great outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/5/2014We dined here the day after July 4th and what a beautiful evening it was! As you expect with a holiday weekend they were extremely busy, but the server made us feel like we were the only ones there. The food came out fresh and delicious, without any delays. We loved their homemade gnocchi and fettuccine. Also, their Veal alla Fuze with all the seafood and risotto was to die for. And don't forget to leave room for dessert! The homemade cheesecake and cannoli, with some espresso capped off an amazing dining experience. We cannot wait to come back next time we are down the shore.Special Features:
- Great new restaurant!DufnMacsPicksDined on 6/30/2014FUZE was a delightful dining experience. The wait staff is very solicitous, the food is excellent and the atmosphere was terrific. Our waiter was knowledgable and made several great selections including a delicious light and fluffy cheesecake for dessert. Highly recommend. It's a BYOB which only made it better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.