Fuze Italian - 21st Street
2109 Dune Drive
Avalon, NJ 08202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Fuze Italian - 21st Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fuzeitalian.com/HOME.html
- Phone: 6097965543x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday:5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Steve Cozzi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
A word from Fuze Italian - 21st Street
Fuze Italian - 21st Street is the second restaurant of Avalon’s hottest new restaurateurs, twin brothers Steve and Anthony Cozzi. For some we are a casual evening retreat for dinner after a shore-studded day, for others the romantic atmosphere in a hidden corner or a secluded booth provides the ideal place for life’s special moments.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fuze Italian - 21st Street reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (48)neighborhood gem (45)great for outdoor dining (29)good for groups (28)special occasion (28)hot spot (16)romantic (16)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Delicious!Sn082021Dined on 9/20/2014Our party of four all enjoyed our meals. The food was very good, although somewhat limited choices. That being said, perhaps that was why the food was so good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014We had a wonderful saturday evening at Fuse. The hostess was courteous, our waitress had a cute personality and was very attentive. We ordered two appetizers for the 4 of us, calamari and gnocchi both were excellent. All four dinners were very good, we were not rushed overall we had a great night.Special Features:
- Very satisfying dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Overall a very nice dining experience. From the moment we sat very attentive wait staff. Dishes were satisfying, nicely presented, tasty and well prepared. Dining room in front was a bit too loud - need to improve acoustics.Special Features:
- baxterVIPDined on 9/13/2014Service was very poor and the food is very pricey.
- Excellent DinnerGinaDined on 9/13/2014Seated right away (with reservation) - Good service - excellent food - Somewhat rushed through appetizer though (dinner came too quickly). Meatball app was delicious as was my dinner. One small problem - I think there's a very limited menu - I'd like to have seen another fish (perhaps Salmon) as well as a vegetarian selection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/12/2014Very disappointed in this recent visit. Service was extremely slow and when the meal finally arrived , no one was happy with it. No apologies from management. What happened to this place? It used to be one of our favorites.
- Once again, great dinnerJP88VIPDined on 9/12/2014Love Fuze Italian! It's a must do when we're on 7 mile island. Can't wait to go back! The Bolognese was simply outstanding. And the special order of long hots was a perfect accompaniment to our entrees. Love that we can BYOB as we celebrated with a bottle from our trip to Napa earlier in the year. Just a magical night at one of our favorite places to eat!Special Features:
- Anniversary nightRsuperDined on 9/6/2014This was our first time at Fuze Italian. We had the Caesar salad and gnocchi appetizer, both delicious and enough to share. My husband had the chicken parmigiana and I had the flounder franchise also both delicious. Our waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu. Great spot for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianDittaDined on 9/5/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Fuze Italian. It is authentic Italian. Hard to say what we enjoyed the most. The meatball in tomato sauce was delicious (could've been an entree...it was huge), Clams in wine were amazing and served with dry bread that soaked up the delicious broth perfectly, Veal Milanese was outstanding. Carbonara was good...a bit rich. We will return. Wish they were open through out the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fuze needs upgradingemer83Dined on 8/31/2014While Avalon is still in need of good restaurants, there seems to be this presumption that they can serve a decent bowl of pasta in a place little more attractive than a local Italian-American club and charge $27 for it is galling. The staff is universally competent and polite but the decor cries out for something warmer, more attractive. Two doors down they've learned the value of ambience. Seasonal or not, they need some renovation; the back room, specifically is ugly, ugly.
- First time at FuzeavalonfanDined on 8/31/2014On 8/31 (sunday of Labor Day wknd), we tried Fuze for the first time.I had somewhat of high expectations based on the reviews I read, however the place did not quite meet my expectations.We were seated but not acknowledged by our waitress for about 10- 15 minutes. She was very pleasant, but seemed overwhelmed.I noticed the table next to us had also been seated for a while before they finally got up to ask the hostess where their server was.We ordered the calamari and gnocchi for our appetizer, which were excellent.I ordered the Flounder and my husband ordered the Halibut. Both dishes seemed dry and not very flavorful. Service was mediocre. It was very busy being labor day weekend, but I expected better food and service for the price.
- Sunday GravyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014If you go on a Sunday try the Sunday Gravy! You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly EnjoyableChicChickDined on 8/30/2014Early reservation that didn't feel awkward. Interesting menu that satisfied everyone. Dinner was yummy and the service very professional yet warm.Special Features:
- Dependable for a good meal!seashoreseafood585Dined on 8/25/2014This was my fourth time at Fuze Italian and as usual I was very impressed. Each of my experiences before I had ordered the veal a la fuze but this time I wanted something different. I asked our server and she recommended the perfectly roasted chicken- outstanding! It truley is a perfect dish! Can't wait to come again and try another new dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodStanVIPDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed so much our dinner.The food was very well prepared and made for a special nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly disappointedFoodie54VIPDined on 8/22/2014We live year round at the shore and went to fuze which was actually good last summer. The good news--our server Brett was simply excellent. The bad news -- the food. We had the fuze salad which was small and looked like a free salad one would get from longhorn steakhouse. Salad had about four cubes of cheese and even less meat . So disaponted. Next we had the meatball app which was dry and over cooked. My wife had flounder over risotto which had no flavor and I had the halibut which was bland with over cooked fingerling potatoes. - it won't last. Better to try the new hotspots ---p .shields in cape may - new ownership and poppis in wildwood- casual Italian. Enjoy the shore!!!
- a real letdownCNowVIPDined on 8/21/2014Having been to Fuze before I was expecting a great experience but the food was truly poor - some plates over-salted with no flavor, others completely bland and tasteless. Do not need to go back again
- Awesome NightOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/18/2014Not only was the food outstanding (again), but the service was awesome. I would highly recommend Fuze to anyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite there yetMellowfellowVIPDined on 8/18/20145 of us went to dinner. My father and I had the veal a la fuze like we had several weeks prior but this time asked them to make sure the risotto was hot as the previous time it was luke warm. This time it was hot and the veal a la fuze was excellent once again. My wife got he halibut but said it was too salty. Service wasn't as good as the previous time and our empty plates remained too long. Fuze in the Desert Sands is a much better option and there's music and a bar there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensive fair chicken dinnetMikeSDined on 8/16/2014Grossly overpriced for what you get Service was just ok Food was hot when delivered
- LucciluvUestiaDined on 8/15/2014This was my first visit. The restaurant was highly recommend and I would agree. The food was excellent. We especially enjoyed the provolone appetizer. Our waiter appeared to be a little over whelmed trying to serve our party of two and take care of a larger group. He seemed a little rushed when it came time to serve us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6388Dined on 8/13/2014Have dined here several times. Food very consistent, nice selection and interesting specials. Great seafood and pastas. Enjoyable experience when dining with adults only and our teen children. Limited outside seating, but we prefer outside at this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/12/2014Excellent dinner, will be back again. really enjoyed all - desserts a mustSpecial Features:
- AvalonDined on 8/9/2014The reservations were easy to make. We were greeted by a friendly staff member. Our waiter came over soon to our table. However he seemed to be very rushed and very busy. We asked for a little extra olive oil for our bread but he forgot to bring it to us. He seemed to rush us with pouring our wine as well. The food was delicious but our waiter was not that great, very busy and very rushed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!WildcatDined on 8/9/2014Group of 4 girls had a fabulous time out for a classy dinner celebrating the engagement of a close friend. Server was great, atmosphere was great, not one complaint! Excellent BYOB spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second bad experience...veraDined on 8/7/2014This was my second time here. The first time I had the chicken...it was over cooked, or reheated. Very dry, but the mushrooms that it was served with were tasty. This time, I went for the chicken again...not as dry, but flavorless. Food was no better than diner food, and not even a good diner. BUT...it was the manager that will have none of us EVER going back. We had just finished our $11 deserts and coffee, when he approached us and asked us how our meal was. We told him that it was ok. Then he said, "I have a party waiting for this table" I asked him if he was asking us to leave, he said, "essentially, yes" There were even other tables empty right behind us. Mediocre food...ghastly manager...NO THANKS!!
- terrible this yearbyeFuzeVIPDined on 8/6/2014I had dined numerous times last year at this restaurant and enjoyed everyone. This last visit this year was my third and final. This year brought a new menu, new chef and new Manager. Each visit this year has been worse and worse and this was no exception. Service was so slow it took 25 minutes to get someone to open a bottle of wine when we sat. Food was overcooked, while most items are now deep fried. All of the dishes, we enjoyed last year have been replaced or changed. My children always ordered bolognese and it was like soup when it arrived on this visit. really sad to see such terrible changes to a great place last year
- ReviewStretchDined on 8/4/2014The restaurant was lovely. The food and their presentation was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2014Dined with family. Split the 21 day aged meatball as appetizer-it was the BEST meatball we have ever had-should've ordered more. Had veal fuze, flounder Francese, chicken Parmesan and seafood manicotti-everyone enjoyed their entrees.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare good restaurant at the shorePhillyexpatsVIPDined on 8/4/2014If you have tried finding a decent restaurant on 7 mile island, you know that can be difficult. The Fuze location in Avalon (BYOB) is a good choice. Our party of six enjoyed our salads, appetizers and entrees very much. Especially good was the flounder, the best I have ever had. Although billed as an Italian restaurant, this is not your typical pasta and meatballs joint. Be sure to book a table in the front room, because the back room, near the rest rooms and kitchen, is not very pleasant. The service was very efficient, however, our primary waiter had an attitude which was off-putting. Unlike its sister restaurant on the Stone Harbor/Avalon border, this location is a BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food!FrankieDined on 8/2/2014The food is excellent... Especially the veal Parmesan! Be sure not to miss the ricotta cheesecake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food, great serviceflc123Dined on 8/2/2014The menu at fuse Italian was great - so many delicious dishes. Everything we tried was well cooked and presented. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choicebezecoopDined on 7/30/2014The food was excellent. Would return without hesitation. Is a BYOB which makes the restaurant even better. Food is reasonably priced considering it is a BYOB BezecoopSpecial Features:
- Great Place!philerupVIPDined on 7/29/2014My wife and I are always looking for a good spot in Avalon to eat. We found one! Although we only ordered appetizers (4 different ones) they were all delicious. The service was outstanding. I highly recommend FUZE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good again, hope staples return!Luv2eatDined on 7/28/2014Great dinner with the family, once again. For some of the younger ones in my family, having some of the traditional Italian dishes of spaghetti and meatballs or others back on the menu would be great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2014Great Italian food down the shore! We make sure to enjoy a Fuze dinner every summer vacation in Avalon!Special Features:
- Sunday GravyBarbaraDined on 7/27/2014We went specifically for these day gravy special and were not at all disappointed. It is a hearty meal and so delicious.Special Features:
- FamilyOfFoodiesVIPDined on 7/26/2014Hit or miss. But this time it was a hit. Food was delicious.
- JoeCDined on 7/26/2014Good was outstanding and the service was excellent. Would certainly return and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!seashoreseafood585Dined on 7/25/2014The food was outstanding. I had the local flounder, which was awesome and the perfect size. My husband had the veal a la fuze, which he said was the best veal he ever had. There is truly nothing better than a byo restaurant down the shore with exceptional food. We are looking forward to coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.