3501 Atlantic Ave
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sheratonvirginiabeach.com/
- Phone: 7574259000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30 am - 11:00 am;
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
- Catering: Whatever your meeting needs are, our VA Beach meeting facilities at Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel are sure to have a fitting space. Our flexible meeting space options can conveniently accommodate events for 20 or large-scale conventions for 400. Watts more, our talented and attentive staff is committed to making your event a stress-free success.
A word from Fusion
Fusion, located inside the Sheraton Virginia Beach, features fabulous views of the Atlantic Ocean through its floor to ceiling windows. Featuring regional contemporary American cuisine, our fresh bold flavors will tantalize your taste buds while you enjoy our tapas style dishes. Open for lunch and dinner, our wine list is primarily new world with over 16 selections by the glass. With multiple fresh catch features daily, pair your favorite with a pairing made by our own sommelier. Lunch and dinner plates range between $7 and $19 a plate, wine by the glass range from $6 to $16 a glass, and our Happy Hour specials daily from 4pm-7pm feature $4 glass wines and $5 plates. Come, experience, and enjoy. We feature complimentary valet parking for our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fusion reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (14)romantic (7)special occasion (4)notable wine list (4)good for groups (2)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- surprisingly goodCharlottesvillianVIPDined on 9/13/2014With a splendid view over the Atlantic beach, the menu is suggestive of a fast-food establishment - until your dish arrives. Actually, everything we had was great and served nicely and in an original way. Service was occasionally a bit slow - but overall fine. Having read the lukewarm reviews - we were positively surprised. Not a place to have your anniversary - but after a day at the beach - not a bad choice.Special Features:
- Good servicecardocDined on 8/17/2014Good food. Despite what other reviewers experienced, service was nor slow. Would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be great but ...MaryVIPDined on 7/31/2014Second time there, it has a good ocean view and is convenient if staying at the Sheraton (20% off for Starwood members). Neither the bar or restaurant were crowded but it took over 15 minutes to get a glass of wine. Food came out much faster and the Pork Chops and Salmon entrees were quite good. The menu is limited but the chef does a good job with it. It is pricey and could be so much more if all would come together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view, but food disappointingsbassinDined on 7/19/2014Was there for both breakfast and dinner. The scrambled eggs at the breakfast buffet tasted like they were made from a powder mix. The bacon was pretty good. My yellowfin tuna at dinner was good, but my daughter's fish tacos did not taste like they were made from fresh fish, and other family members' dishes seemed like they were made with frozen shrimp and chicken. It's physically a nice place, and the service was friendly, but the food quality was disappointing.Special Features:
- Fine dining on the BoardwalkdeejayDined on 7/13/2014Wanted fine dining while vacationing in Virginia Beach without having to leave the Boardwalk. Found it at Fusion. Beautiful decor, perfect views above the ocean, exquisite tuna and crab cakes, lovely presentation, attentive service, good wine list.Special Features:
- Scenic viewMasonfacDined on 7/6/2014Was in the mood for seafood, but not a buffet on the north oceanfront. Read reviews, examined the menu and decided to try Fusion. True to other reviews, had good wine selections and excellent food. Portions were small, but we were prepared for this. Nice scenic view and a server who was attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Good View of the OceanSherryDined on 7/5/2014We ate at this restaurant for a late night meal on July 4th. The food was good...but not memorable. The service was good...until we wanted our check, and then we couldn't find anyone help us. The view of the ocean would have been better if it had been before nightfall. Overall, it was a decent evening but we probably won't be back.Special Features:
- Bad food and service, good viewOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/22/2014We tried this restaurant twice; both times, unacceptably slow service -- 45 minutes to 1 hour wait for entrees. Manager and server claimed the kitchen was "backed up," but half of the tables were empty! When food came, it was only lukewarm and average tasting, at best. Portions are too small for the price charged. The only reason to go here is convenience (if you're staying in the hotel) and nice view of the beach. Manager gave accommodations on the check, but we would have preferred a nice dining experience on the last evening of our vacation.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceDiner49Dined on 6/21/2014I really enjoyed the food. The she crap soup was to die for. The crap cakes over the spinach just melted in my mouth. Our server was especially nice and attentive and I couldn't have asked for a better view of the ocean. It was a wonderful 50th celebration and I plan on going back real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FusionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2014Based on what we read about Fusion, we expected more than we received. I would not recommend to anyone to visit.Special Features:
- The following 58 reviews are from the Fusion reviews archive.
- Too much $ for small portionsddrossi93Dined on 5/14/2014Eh. Really only went here for the 1000 points. I ordered a cup of soup and it was gone in 3 bites. No exaggeration. And it was $5...disappointing. Side dishes were also small. Service was slow and unattentive. Not only for my table but the one beside is had to get the bus boy to get their waitress to pay their bill. She never came back, the manager had to take care of them, then I saw her come out 2 minutes after they left. Very unprofessional.Special Features:
- Bravo!frequentdinerVIPDined on 5/10/2014Another great job by this wonderful restaurant. We are never disappointed and always recommend highly to friends and family!Special Features:
- Special dinner....VBfanDined on 4/25/2014This was our third visit. We love the taste and presentation of the meals. The desserts are also outstanding. It will remain one of our favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchRichieDined on 4/20/2014There was no festive ambiance to the brunch. The food was ok but not what I expected for a holiday brunch and I beiieve not worth the price.. There was no carving station and the food choices were not abundant. the server we had was excellent and I am happy about that. The fact that they charged $14 for my 3 year old grandson was a sin. I am sorry I can not recommend this venue and I will not return.
- Great for Hotel guestsRedraiderVIPDined on 4/12/2014I wouldn't go out of my way to go here, but it's a great option if you're a guest at the SheratonSpecial Features:
- I always make a reservationBaileyVIPDined on 3/19/2014I always make a reservation here when I am at the beach. They have never disappointed me, on their service and the flair of the Chef. Great food and really nice staff.
- Beautiful Locationrochelle411Dined on 3/15/2014The restaurant is right on the water. Beautiful view and decor, however, with the location and setting I wasn't expecting to see so many people in t - shirts and jeans and cargo shorts. Great for a very casual meal. Not necessarily a place to go if you want a full upscale experience. This was possibly due to Virginia Beach being a tourist location and it was St. Patrick's Day weekend and a marathon on the oceanfront. As for food, would recommend the Bison meatloaf and the cheesecake which is supposedly straight from The Cheesecake Factory (info per our waitress).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but don't arrive to earlyNotableDined on 3/14/2014While I recommend the restaurant because the food was very good I have to note that the service was not the best. We arrived at 5 pm for dinner and had to wait a long time for the waiter to show up. The bread and butter did not arrive with the salad but after we were finished with the entree. Maybe if we would have had dinner later everything would have been different. At 5 pm the restaurant was not ready for servicing the guests properly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish more restaurants would do thisJasonGVIPDined on 3/10/2014The food and service were very good. It was a Monday night in low season, so the restaurant was empty. We had the wings which where OK, but nothing special. For dinner, we had the Pork Chop and Grilled Salmon - both very good. The one thing that really stood out was that "half-portions" were offered. We wish more restaurants would do this. It's not just that the cost is less(which it was....they actually charged just a little more than half or the half portions...imagine that!) - the real benefit is that we tried a couple of dishes and didn't either leave food to waste or leave the restaurant leaving stuffed. Overall, thumbs up. I'd like to go back during high-season to see if the atmosphere is a little more "energetic."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best anniversary ever!!VbeachdinerDined on 3/3/2014Although there was a snow storm my fiancé took me to this restaurant for dinner at the ocean front. We were the only people there but it was so amazing!! We met the manager and the staff were very inviting I had a beautiful time. The next morning we went back for breakfast it was so nice!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menu on the beach!jrhaynieVIPDined on 3/1/2014Fusion is remodeled restaurant for the Sheraton in VA Beach and theydid great job with Fusion. Will be a great addition to the beach dining area around Neptune Park. We decided to eat at Fusion vrs some of our other favorites. Nice wine list although the wines were a bit pricey for the quality. Menu had nice feature - many of the entrees you were able to do 1/2 orders and we decided to go with 3 different 1/2 orders. Upon arriving the orders were very large for half portions, great if you want to share. We enjoyed the Tuna, the butternut squash ravioli and to top off the evening the bison meatloaf. All were very good and some other good choices there as well. Service a bit spotty but overall good meal and worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At least it has a good viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 2/20/2014We were seated very quickly. And we got our drinks quickly, but after that it went downhill. The Spinach salad was so greasy it wasn't even good and far from healthy. I needed a second napkin after eating it. Then I ordered the tuna medium rare and it came medium well which was horrible. We finally got a bread basket on the table not after our salads were eaten but while we ate our entrees. Utensils were taken after the salad and when the entrees arrived we didn't have any. The lights were dimmed at some point and then turned back on without any rhyme or reason. My friend enjoyed his crab cakes though. At least there was an unobstructed view of the ocean.
- Special occassionVsfeb14Dined on 2/14/2014We went for valentine's dinner and Villa was our server. She gave recommendations and was very attentive. Great wine selection. My only suggestion is that a chiller should be served w white wines. Excellent menu w full and half portions. Salmon and bison meatloaf dinners were delicious. We didn't choose from the special dinner menu since most of the items you really had to have a palate for. Dessert was molten chocolate cake w mint chocolate chip ice cream. So rich and yummy. Restaurant had an awesome vibe and clean. Beautiful view and loved watching the moon rise over the ocean. Chose location due to great reviews. Thank you for a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic ViewVeryScenicDined on 2/14/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere as well as the tasty food would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceoutoftownersDined on 2/8/2014The place was perfect for a romantic getaway with my husband. Only thing was that the beef ribs wasn't what we expected other than that we had loads of fun. Our waitress was awesome and even recommended some local bars to try out before we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, though room for improvementKatrinaDined on 1/18/2014Great view of the oceanfront, and pretty good ambience overall. Stopped by during restaurant week and the food was pretty good. Had a great waitress but then all those assisting her were not very good; overall service could use much improvement. Didn't take too kindly to being rudely interrupted in the middle of our dinner date... I certainly would recommend it as a summer spot as the bar scene looked pretty good.Special Features:
- New Years EveGRF1Dined on 12/31/2013Service was very good and the waitress was very personable. We received our food quickly. The she crab soup appetizer and New York Strip were delicious. I would not recommend the spare ribs which had too much fat and very little meat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years Eve 2013GaryDined on 12/31/2013The restaurant is well designed and has a great view if the ocean. The service was attentive and good, but a little inexperienced, could use some training on suggesting food and drinks. The problem was a very limited menu and no dinner or appetizer specials to choose; a mistake for a restaurant. Also, the portions were not in line with what other restaurants are serving for the same price ($20+/entree). They serve New York, eclectic portions instead of local, Virginia Beach size, which what us expected. Without opening up the menu and increasing modestly the portion size they will have a hard time competing in the off season.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was wonderful.lcole66VIPDined on 12/30/2013The service was wonderful. We had a server but even the manager stepped in to help with drinks and plates. We were a group of 5 but still were treated well and received great food and service. The price is what I expected and I would definately return.Special Features:
- Great for quiet Christmas dinnerCarrieDined on 12/25/2013I had Christmas Day dinner with my boyfriend here. The service was a little slow but it looked like they were understaffed. The food was great with a great selection. Our table had a beach view and was very romantic. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The crab cakes were delicious;OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2013The crab cakes were delicious; hardly any filler. The staff was very detail oriented and friendly. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On Christmas morning, it wasWadsyDined on 12/25/2013On Christmas morning, it was a beautiful location to have a wonderful Christmas Brunch.Special Features:
- Beautiful ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 12/7/2013Gorgeous view, right on the beach! Definitely a great place for a romantic evening out. Reservations worked great, no wait, went right to the table. The manager was outstanding, very notable wine list and he knew the entire thing. He made us feel very welcome. Wait staff was very slow, but friendly and courteous. Chatted up those who wanted to talk, but left alone those who just wanted to enjoy the evening by themselves. Could be a bit more attentive though. Decent menu selection, dinner took some time too be delivered, but It was fresh and tasted good. Everything was cooked properly. Presentation was great, but too heavy on the sauces and due to the way it is presented, got all over everything on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation treatcarolngeorgeVIPDined on 11/5/2013So glad Open Table found Fusion for us! Light dinner was perfect. We'd not have chosen the Sheraton hotel restaurant without Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu options made a nice changeFriendsandFondueVIPDined on 10/29/2013The menu has some great items that aren't cookie cutter from other restaurants. We started with salads and split three appetizers and dessert. The salads were chopped the way into bit sized pieces and tossed with the dressing which was perfect. We ordered hummus, 4 cheese Mac and cheese and crab cakes. These were the perfect size for two people to share. The hummus was very good and served with chips and veggies. The four cheese Mac and cheese had a good taste although it was a bit dry. The crab cakes were tasty but had more filler than what i would like. We had creme brûlée for dessert which was good. It's hard to mess that up! The server was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks Open Tablebmf727Dined on 10/15/2013I would have never found Fusion but for Open Table. My family was visiting for Neptune Festival and we were looking for a nice place to dine. My brother suggested looking on Open Table. What a gem of a restaurant. The entrées are hard to choose from because they all look fantastic. We ultimately made different choices and shared with each other. It was all very well prepared and presented. I have gone back once since taking some of my local friends. Fusion will definitely be on my goto list when dining out from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food took ages to comeHeidiDined on 10/5/2013The restaurant was rather quiet when we arrived but the food took ages to come. Food was also slightly over-seasoned and a tad bit too salty. Other than that, appreciated that we could do half portions of the entrees.
- FusionTXAg82Dined on 9/19/2013The view is amazing. Service was very friendly but slow. We waited over an hour for entrees. The food was good but nothing special.Special Features:
- Great Restaurantjacquie812VIPDined on 9/18/2013Everything was just perfect - from the beautiful ocean front view to the delicious food and wonderful atmosphere - our experience was great! I have celiac desease so cannot have foods containing gluten and the waitress knew exactly what I could have and the chef prepared everything perfectly! We definitely recommend Fusion to anyone visiting Virginia Beach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurant!diamondgroupVIPDined on 9/18/2013We had heard they had a breakfast buffet but when we got there, they decided not to have it that day. The omelet was very small.Special Features: