1150 Morningside Dr.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fusionsushi.com/
- Phone: (310) 802-1160
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Fusion Sushi in Manhattan Beach caters well to private parties in the banquet room with a karaoke stand. This room holds upto 70 people for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Host desk 3108021160
- Entertainment: Fusion Sushi in Manhattan Beach is known for its private karaoke room which holds upto 70 people, along with a full bar. During summer, a disc jockey joins the restaurant to provide entertainment to its clienteles.
One of this site's main attractions would be the annual AVP Volleyball Tournament. Through the vivid glasses, guests may enjoy a relaxed meal while watching the volleyball matches throughout the year.
A word from Fusion Sushi
Fusion Sushi, established in 2002, resides near a fairly populated residential area. It has been known as the tourists' site in the city of Manhattan Beach. In addition to the reputation for its beautiful oceanic view and a variety of special menu items, it attracts many customers for private parties in the banquet room with a karaoke which holds up to 70 people. It is also a perfect destination for a romantic night out in town. Added to that atmosphere, it holds big wide screen TVs for sports fans to enjoy the game of their choice. Thanks to the beautiful oceanic view, this site attracts not only the daily local customers, but also students from University of Southern California campus and tourists. This location caters to the casual dining patrons, yet its elegance attracts those who seek formal dining experience as well. Call it a Japanese restaurant or a sports bar, you won't ask for more than what it already serves to its guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fusion Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (5)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Vibrant Sushi SpotDonLasagnaDined on 11/7/2014Fusion Sushi was hopping on Friday night! Music was on the louder side, but it fit the mood. There was a buzz in the room over the food and flare. Absolutely loved the flavor explosion of the Marilyn Mon Roll. Great suggestion by our server. Super Crunch and Spicy Crunch rolls were fantastic too. Definitely need to grab more friends and try the Samurai Boat next time I'm in Manhattan Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at FusionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014A great place for Sushi! The Sushi is fresh and selection of rolls are amazing. Great service and nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back Room Table for 10OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014Food was good but pricey, especially when the waiter tried to overcharge us by $60. It was probably a mistake, but still a reflection on the level of service which is more appropriate for larger groups than personalized service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The food is great, and the service is good. But the ambiance is way too loud with so much noise from monitors and the speakers that (sorry to say) takes away most of the fun.Special Features:
- The following 64 reviews are from the Fusion Sushi reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Good food but terrible service. We ordered a bottle of wine. They brought it to us and did not pour it
- Don't plan on staying long...SwheelerDined on 7/6/2014Wow. The sushi was good. That I have to give Fusion. Although, I met my friend and her bf for a double date, and they literally tried to get you in and out as fast as possible. I think it's pretty obvious between the difference of fast attentive service and being rushed. That was really unfortunate. We even tried to tell the waitress that we were trying to catch up, but she didn't really care. (And that reflected in her tip) All in all, great sushi. But don't go if you are trying to have a casual leisurely dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi in MBOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014They have a good selection, food came promptely and service was overall good, they could have warned us about last call, the check was closed before we had finished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No oyster, no uni!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/12/2014I went there for the oyster and uni,but they don't have both! Very disappointed. Besides that some Fusion Special we ordered tasted really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedonepersonsopinionDined on 6/7/2014I have been to this restaurant before. This time was so loud that conversation was hard. Our waiter was not attentive, never brought the edamame, we asked for it later in the meal. Salads and rolls were brought at once, did not all fit on the table which servers thought was funny and did not help us. We had to make it fit. We thought it would all come on one big slab like a boat...should have been warned. Will not be back as it was just not fun for us..especially at the cost. It get like a race to get us out of there.
- Underwhelmed to say the leastBeachFoodieVIPDined on 5/7/2014If your objective is cocktails and a party atmosphere with a side of mediocre sushi, this is your place. Service was bad; waiters were chatting next to our table without consideration for us or noticing that we hadn't been served but our friends had. The sashimi was borderline fresh. The seared ahi was rubbery, and our waiter informed us that it was made in advance, not to order. The freshwater eel was served cold, which surprised the waiter. We figured our food sat around while the waiter hung out. Never again. Loud music doesn't mask poor quality and bad service!
- Decent sushiNonaDined on 5/3/2014A lot of choices. Sushi not wrapped tightly, which made it very difficult to eat. Music was overbearing. Loud club style music which was a huge turnoff.Special Features:
- the sushi spotCuriousBaker13Dined on 3/28/2014I have personally never heard of this place until on this app. The food was excellent! The prices were decent, the waiters were a bit persistant on us ordering more food and drink than we could consume but other than that its a fun place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Club SushiDFlocalDined on 3/14/2014Great food, wonderful choices, beautifully displayed and quite yummy. Music was surprising for a sushi restaurant; more fit for a club or Vegas venue. The restaurant was very crowded and the staff offered us seating at the sushi bar (twice) but we preferred a table and they did accoommdate our reservation. The booth provided some insulation from the music. Don't consider this a site for a quite conversation, or even a conversation among more than two people. Also the table hight was very high compared to seating, making it a bit awkward.Special Features:
- Service Is Sorely LackingOpusDined on 2/16/2014When the table that arrived AFTER you is eating before you've had your order taken, you know you're in trouble. When the orders then have to be corrected a couple of times, things have gone from bad to worse. And since the food was fine -- but nothing special -- there's no reason to return.
- Fun at Fusion with my granddaughtergrampsDined on 2/15/2014My grand daughter and I enjoyed being together in a very delightful enviornment. The food was good, very inexpensive, and I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute Valentine's Day DinneraudibenDined on 2/14/2014Had reservations elsewhere, had to cancel those because of a late work night. Fusion Sushi had availability for 5 and this was the better choice. First time experience there and the food was great, service was very attentive, music just a tad on the loud side but overall wonderful experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousGenoVIPDined on 2/11/2014This place was great and delicious. Oh and did I mention reasonably priced? 3 of us total bill $120, can't even touch that in Chicago. Food was good, and fresh, service good, not overbearing either. I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that great1PickyPalateDined on 1/11/2014Sushi was fresh and well presented, just didn't taste that great. The service was rushed.... with the server bringing the check before we had finished our jmeal or had asked for it. We ordered an appetizer, the short ribs... which were fatty in the bulgogi style and not very tasty. On our bill there were two different tallies for a recommended 18% tip, which was weird. Would've been more enjoyable if we felt we weren't keeping our servers from turning our table.
- Loud Music AnnoyingJimmyZDined on 12/31/2013The thumping club music in this place makes you feel like you are at 20 something's wedding reception. Had to yell to talk. Ridiculous.
- slight inconveniencedrummingblindDined on 12/28/2013There was no bartender when we were there in the afternoon, only complaint I can think of.. everything else was wonderful! Great service!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi!!TroyFinFanDined on 12/14/2013The food was great and the service was excellent!!!Special Features:
- Loved it!stokesiiiDined on 12/7/2013Had a variety of rolls that were unique and all equally good. We were very satisfied with the entire experience. I'd definitely go there again.Special Features:
- The waitress were rude andSushiDined on 10/5/2013The waitress were rude and never certain what table what order was to be delivered to. So they walked around showing the food and asking people if it was order time and time again. Great food but I can't say that I would recommend it.Special Features:
- Favorite Sushi SpotLuluDined on 8/11/2013FUSHION SUSHI has an amazing selection of delicious rolls, by far my favorite sushi place...cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sushi rolls' bad service!Bing13Dined on 8/10/2013The only negative comment I have is that we made a reservation for 10 and when we arrived our table was not ready. They seated 6 of us at a table first and said when the rest of our party arrived they would add on another table and more chairs. We had a birthday party and it was not great service to make my other guests stand and wait for more table & chairs. However because the sushi was excellent it made us forget about the inconvenience we experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very negative dining experienceLAKingsFanDined on 8/3/2013I made a reservation for my wife and my 40th birthdays looking forward to some sushi with my good friends. To start, we were sent to the back of the restaurant where another party was being seated. Our table was not even set up for us. We had to wait another 5-10 minutes for a table. When we were seated, the first thing the waiter asked was how long will you be staying because we have another reservation after you. We were rushed to order. After the food was served, our waiter was nowhere to be seen. Even more frustrating was that the bill included an 18% tip which our waiter did not deserve.
- Very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/2/2013I’ll start with saying that black cod and “Love boat” sushi were pretty good and plenty for 5 people. Three stars for service because we were sited right next to the speakers and the noise level was unbearable. We asked to lower the music and finally complained to the manager and he moved us to a quieter table but while we were walking to a different table all our plates and drinks were cleared and we had to order again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great rolls, but service needs helpOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/25/2013Such unique, fresh rolls, but the service was SLOW and when I ordered first thing for the kids, it was the last plate out, just before the appetizer we ordered (which I sent back bc it was the END of the meal). I'll totally return, but not for dinner with kids (even at 6:30 it was a disaster).Special Features:
- Love the sushi here. Sometimes,kcarpDined on 7/10/2013Love the sushi here. Sometimes, the rolls are too big and I have them double cut them. But overall great sushi! We usually come with the kids but not on a Friday or Saturday night! It gets crazy on the weekend nights!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place overall in a goodJamieVIPDined on 7/5/2013Good place overall in a good location in Manhattan Beach. Music is a bit loud for dining, but the bar was busy the entire time. Good sushi and food!Special Features:
- Great sushi and service...MarianneDined on 6/22/2013We celebrated my birthday here and the food was excellent. Our waitress was very attentive to my party of 6. The only negative was in regards to the bar. Our first round of drinks came very quickly. Our second and third rounds took much much longer. We even got to the point of asking if the order was put it because almost 20 minutes had passed. Other than that I'd highly recommend this restaurant. Another plus is a parking structure is directly across the street so parking was not an issue at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2013Me and my girlfriend wanted to get sushi and try a new resturant. We have driven by fusion many times but decided tonight was the night. Great rolls and fun atmosphere highly recommend this place. Especially with a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2013There were four of us and we ordered a sushi boat and it was the perfect amount of food. Our cocktails were very good and very reasonably priced (especially for Manhattan Beach) We were pleasantly surprised and the quality of the rolls and sashimi and the selection we received. It was a Saturday night and very busy. The noise level was a little high, but overall, the service was fast, friendly and great. There were also TV's playing the hockey playoffs which was nice, and the bar area seemed to come alive as we were leaving around 9:30pm. I will definitely recommend this restaurant and will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have heard about FusionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/20/2013I have heard about Fusion for sometime, but never tried it out! I am so glad I did, wonderf Sushi was served, oustanding! Look forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- Service was okay and it wasInk1VIPDined on 3/16/2013Service was okay and it was really loud in the restaurant.
- Very good food, but the entranceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2013Very good food, but the entrance is literally a techno/rave club equipped with laser lights and extremely loud music. Made a reservation but didn't get seated for a half hour past that time. Again, great sushi and well priced, but the ambiance was terrible and service below average.
- Wouldn't recommend.Mesposito88VIPDined on 12/31/2012We went to Fusion on New Years Eve and they did not have a bar tender. We were offered beer and wine, and the beer on the menu was not what was available. We asked about a couple specials and the wait staff could not tell us about. We asked about a couple substitutions to the menu and the wait staff could not accommodate us. After 4 attempts to order, and Fusion unable to accommodate us, we ended up leaving and only paying for beer.
- The table for our party ofMBPaulVIPDined on 12/9/2012The table for our party of 5 was ready for us when we arrived. Out attentive server took our drink order while we perused the extensive sushi menu. Fusion Sushi is a reliable place for good-quality sushi prepared in both traditional and updated styles. The ambiance of the restaurant is comfortable and attractive. This visit, we ordered the sashimi sampler plate and a variety of sushi dishes including some of their specialty rolls. We also ordered eel hand rolls, and when these showed up mistakenly as "cucumber hand rolls", our server took them back promptly and the corrected order was out to us quickly. Nicely done.Special Features:
- Patient waitstaff while weNewMamaVIPDined on 12/3/2012Patient waitstaff while we awaited half our group.Special Features:
- Nice people and good foodArizonaTravelerVIPDined on 11/21/2012Always a good meal. Sushi was very fresh. Great assortment of rolls. The half roll specials are great for trying different things.Special Features: