Fushimi - Bay Ridge
9316 4th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11209Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Fushimi - Bay Ridge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fushimi-us.com/
- Phone: 7188337788
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Thursday - Friday: 11:30am - 12:00am
Saturday - Sunday: 1:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fushimi offers full service catering.
- Entertainment: Every Thursday is Happy Hour for all ! Promotion valid for Bar customer only. Live DJ music every Thursday and Saturday from 10 pm till closing.
- Special Events: For private party or special event, please call 718-833 7788 and ask to speak to the Event Manager.
A word from Fushimi - Bay Ridge
Come enjoy authentic Japanese cuisine in an ultra exclusive space. You will feel transported to a land of luxury with a menu of Modern Japanese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fushimi - Bay Ridge reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (10)special occasion (9)hot spot (8)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (5)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- FantasticMarchicDined on 9/20/2014This was our second time here, and it was better than the first! The atmosphere is lovely and hip. Great food, super nice service. We celebrated our wedding anniversary and despite the larger parties, we felt very intimate at our table for two. I plan on coming here more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VanessaDined on 8/8/2014I recommend this please is amazing ,food excellent ,service perfect ,nice music,.i will go again.thanksSpecial Features:
- Classy Japanese restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014My daughter and I dined here, and we both enjoyed the food and the ambience! They have onsite valet parking which made it easier. The sushi and appetizers were all excellent! The service was attentive and quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot spotyummyDined on 7/29/2014I have been to this restaurant many times for various occasions and it never fails. The food, ambience, service etc are always outstanding.Special Features:
- Great dinner choicesMareVIPDined on 6/30/2014Great choices with a lovely food presentation. Excellent service. We recommend.Special Features:
- The following 42 reviews are from the Fushimi - Bay Ridge reviews archive.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014I took my husband out for his birthday this Saturday night. The food and service were great. It was a little loud but all in all It was a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- japan meets bay ridgeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2014from the moment we walked in to the moment we left, we were mesmerized. The decor is fabulous, the music and the ambiance. Just awesome! The waitstaff was efficent and the food was TO DIE FOR! A definite redo for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerDebbieVIPDined on 5/1/2014Went to Fushimi for dinner, everything was great. Janet was our waitresss and the service was fantastic. Food and wine wer great! We will be back!Special Features:
- Trendy Yummy Sushi +Vgirl007VIPDined on 4/4/2014Fushimi is consistent with great, delicious food no matter what you might order.Its a beautiful , zen atmosphere with interesting music. The prices arent cheap & the portions are midsized-to slightly small. The service is great, if there's ever a problem the management seeks to make you happy. The extensive cocktail menu is interesting & also fun. The bar area get a usually 20s-30s crowd.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Sushi GemCrystalGemzVIPDined on 2/14/2014This is one of my top go-to sushi restaurants in Brooklyn. Great for dinner with friends or a cozy date night. Has a very extensive menu and delicious specialty sushi items.Special Features:
- Pretty goodAlley23Dined on 2/14/2014Great place for a date. A bit although it was valentines day so understandable. Food was prett good although they didnt tell us the menu was prefixed, so i had to order extra. Otherwise greatSpecial Features:
- Just okduviwarriorDined on 2/10/2014Everything here is average. One quality event is that they actually had some o toro on hand.
- Not impressedCcoolnpDined on 1/18/2014Food is decent but not the best for that price. Ive had better sushi at cheaper places.Special Features:
- Great sushi/sashimi Dragon platter!AliceDined on 1/11/2014As usual, the food was great! Service was a little lacking this visit-we waited at the bar to be seated and had to remind the hostess we were waiting; never got the hot towels to wipe our hands at the beginning of the meal; entering the restaurant was unpleasant as we had to walk past a group smoking at the entrance door. May want to consider a non-smoking zone further from entrance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food....Manhattan pricesjustJDined on 12/4/2013Great place to eat. This is my wife's favorite place to get sushi. I don't eat sushi so I got the filet mignon. It was cooked perfectly, and the sauce it came with, if I didn't have manners I would have licked it off the plate...only drawback is the price. I would take my wife there once a month, but I can only afford once every 6 months. For 4 people with 3 drinks each, after tip, was $300.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!Luv2EatVIPDined on 11/23/2013I can't count how many times I've been to Fushimi but time and time again I am never disappointed. The crispy duck appetizer is delicious and you can never go wrong with any of the rolls. The fish is alway delicious and the desserts are out of this world. My only disappointment was that it took such a long time to get an order of live sea urchin but it was definitely worth the wait. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- topsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2013The food was unbelievable, went for a couple birthdays, what shocked me how great the restaurant is. They brought me a cake and a small bottle of champagne to celebrate FOR FREE. that's a heart of gold. thanksSpecial Features:
- Always a hit!LastingluvldgDined on 11/2/2013I took my husband out for his birthday and we had an excellent time. The food is always fresh, and the chefs are very creative when it comes to the different specialty rolls, and overall choices. The sunset roll and valentine roll is a MUST. Te molten chocolate cake is amazing. I would recommend this restaurant for all sushi lovers. The restaurants ambiance is quite lively- a lot of fun. If you are looking for a quiet night out- I wouldn't recommend.Special Features:
- Nice local spotshellyfDined on 10/25/2013We four had a very enjoyable meal at Fushimi. The special rolls were delicious as well as the soft shell crab appetizier.Special Features:
- Great food. Friendly service!casal94Dined on 10/19/2013Great food. Friendly service! Fun place to go with a groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too special an eveningNYCGourmandVIPDined on 10/2/2013Compared to some of its Brooklyn Heights counterparts like Ozu or even Iron Chef Sushi, Fushimi is a couple of steps below. Sushi is serviceable but while the presentation earns an A, the meal itself gets a B or B-. The pieces of fish are lackluster and do not taste fresh; perhaps, they were wrapped up over night and served on the second day...but whatever the issue is, it didn't measure up. And, to add insult to injury, Fushimi charges more than Brooklyn Heights! The comparable dish, a sushi/sashimi combination is $48 elsewhere, $54 here. Tax and tip brings that to $8 more for lesser quality sushi. Also, the waiter insisted that the soy sauce out on the tables was low sodium; it wasn't. Not nice to mislead your diners.
- yummy!foodie32VIPDined on 6/1/2013Attentive and knowledgeable server. delicious and fresh food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the seafood!cdcxprssDined on 4/28/2013I love the seafood, especially the salmon at this place. They have great mocktails also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Great Food!MKayVIPDined on 2/21/2013It was a Thursday night and I decided today will be my first time at Fushimi (as I just got into sushi) and I must say as a Brooklyn resident for nearly a decade I can't believe I haven't been here sooner. The ambiance is that of a lounge but still very intimate and romantic. The food was amazing, between the edamame, the steamed dumplings, shrimp tempura, angry dragon roll and chicken teriyak with udon noodles, all cooked perfectly. As far as drinks, definitely go for the mango mojito it was perfect with every item we orderd. Our waitress was lovely, not too pushy, not too "nowhere to be found" lol. All in all, this place is great my date was impressed, we'll definitely be going back ASAP!Special Features:
- AverageduviwarriorDined on 2/21/2013Average food, poor service, lacking ambiance & fairly pricey for the middle of nowhere.Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I went toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2013My boyfriend and I went to Fushimi for the first time. The valet wasn't very welcoming, however the host and staff inside the restaurant were very nice. The food was great, the environment was great, and the service was spectacular. We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day at FushimiLuv2EatVIPDined on 2/14/2013The Valentine's Day set menu was absolutely outstanding. We had the lobster bisque soup, shrimp/wasabi salad, Valentine and Angry Dragon rolls, and the Chilean sea bass--everything was fresh and delicious. The only disappointing thing was that there was no cappuccino---but we survived. And to top of such a wonderful meal we had the warm chocolate cake with ice cream. I can't wait to go back. This restaurant is a treasure!Special Features:
- Excellent food. Waitress couldOut2eatVIPDined on 1/13/2013Excellent food. Waitress could have had a better attitude. Server was much nicer. Overall experience was pleasant.Special Features:
- Our waiter Adam was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2013Our waiter Adam was really enjoyable. Food was great. We really enjoyed ourselves! All 11 of us!Special Features:
- Disco Sushi never dissapoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/7/2012It's always a great night when we go to Fushimi .... there's a reason we've dubbed it disco sushi! The food is fresh and delicious, and the servers are very nice and attentive. We were a group (8) and they seated us nicely in one of their booths. We've been here with larger groups, and they've put us in long table on the side room. I liked this seating arrangement much better. I guess 8 is the lucky number! Def. recommend!Special Features:
- I love the feel of this place.charlesDined on 10/13/2012I love the feel of this place. The food was amazing. I had a party of 8 and we did not need to wait for food or drinks, I noticed Fushimi had a few larger parties at the same time and i was worried our service was going to be below standard, but the staff was spot on. I definitely would returnSpecial Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/13/2012I absolutely loved this place. I celebrated by birthday tgere with my family and we enjoyed it all food service and atmosphere. Thank you.Special Features:
- They served my friend's stakeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012They served my friend's stake in slices, odd. Bury my rib-eye was actually medium well, and nice and juicy. Everyone was happy with their order, the entire menu is strong. Oh yeah they have free valet parking, nice in that area.Special Features:
- This restaurant is an awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2012This restaurant is an awesome place to eat for a romantic dinner “Tête -a-Tête.” Staff was welcoming, gave great suggestions, occasionally check on you but allowed you to enjoy your time with your dinning partner.Special Features:
- Great food ~ service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2012This is a great place to eat. The staff needs a Customer Service Course but other than that it was an awesome experience.Special Features:
- Impressed with Fushimi of Bay RidgeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012Went to Fushimi of Bay Ridge this past Sat. on a first date. The food was great, the service was very good and the music was cutting edge and high energy. The noise level was a bit high but the vibe was energetic. They had some wonderful new dishes I have never seen at other sushi restaurants, as well as old favorites. The drink menu was hip and fun too and had a lot of choices. I would highly recommend Fushimi to anyone that is a sushi fan.Special Features:
- FOOD WAS EXCELLENT. FISHOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012FOOD WAS EXCELLENT. FISH WAS THE FRESHEST EVER. WE HAD THREE WAITERS FOR OUR SMALL TABLE OF 3 SO OF COURSE SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT. AND EVEN VALET SERVICE. WHO COULD ASK FOR MORE!Special Features:
- I've been here before andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2012I've been here before and it never disappoints. Wonderful drinks, great service and, delicious food. Great looking staffSpecial Features:
- everything about the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012everything about the restaurant is great , staff , food , service etc ....Special Features:
- For a neighborhood restaurant,Luv2EatVIPDined on 7/21/2012For a neighborhood restaurant, Fushimi is better than some of the Japanese restaurants in Manhattan. They always have the freshest fish--simply delicious!Special Features: