1112 Sherbrooke Ouest,
Montreal, QC H3A1G6Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://fushi.ca/
- Phone: 5146874222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 2:30 pm; Dinner: Daily: 6:00 pm - 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Fusion / Eclectic, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Fredj
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: - All our sushi menu is available as well as "Aperitif dinatoire" with mini portions, and small bouchees. - On request Omakase (Degustation menu) - Sushi buffet.
- Private Party Facilities: As we are located in the Cantlie Hotel, We cater to groups in the conference rooms of the Hotel.
- Private Party Contact: Claude or Jonathan 514-687 4222
- Entertainment: Jazz trio every Friday on the terrasse from 6:00pm to 10:00pm Will play inside in case of rain
- Special Events: To book private party's and x'mas party's for more than 30 persons, please inquire within.
Behind Fushi stand a father and son who are passionate about fusion cuisine. Their goal was to create something unique and different.
First, there is the refinement and elegance of the place made and executed in an intimate collaboration with the exceptional Montreal designer Jean-Pierre Viau. The ensuing result is nothing less than a striking decor. Under an amber light, privacy and comfort are perfect preamble to the coveted pleasures of the table.
In the same vein, special attention was paid to the choice of dishes created exclusively for Fu.shi by the talented and renowned Quebec ceramicist Pascale Girardin. The platters were also carefully chosen one by one in order to offer customers a unique visual experience and constantly renewed. Once done, a plate will never be decorated the same way again, like a temporal design in sand.
- Very bad sushi and serviceSupermimoVIPDined on 9/6/2013The waiter was by all means the worst i have seen in my life. Arrogant , bad mood and unprofessional. All the Sushi rolls tasted the same. my bill was 200$ and i did not enjoy the food nor the service. extremly poor choiceSpecial Features:
- Very quietOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2013Hi, went for lunch and there were very few people in the restaurant. Surprising as food was good and and service as well. Maybe a bit steep for lunch in terms of prices though.Special Features:
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2013Went to Fushi for lunch, ordered a gyoza appetizer and bento box main. The bento was serviceable but I've had better supermarket sushi, for sure. Gyoza never came. The real failure of service, however, came when we got the bill and noticed that soup was supposed to be included. We never got this either. The server was very apologetic and went to the manager, presumably to see if he would do something. He came back and was rude and antagonistic, obviously assuming we were *asking* for a reduction on the bill, which we absolutely did not ask for, nor even suggest. He then started to pick on the server and they went at it. Bottom line, it was a big failure on the part of the manager. The mediocre food was the least of a bad experience.
- A little pricey but fantasticAlexDined on 7/26/2013Fushi was definitely on the pricey side ($13 for a seaweed salad...) but the food was VERY good nonetheless. The sushi is fresh and their rolls are unique. A must try.Special Features:
- Fushi Fantastic!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2013Absolutely outstanding sushi, beautifully presented. Attentive and knowledgeable wait staff, (Sergio take a bow)! A wonderful meal. Fushi has just been added to our must do list when we are visiting Montreal. Bob Watt, Wakefield QCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWBigGDined on 7/6/2013Fantastic find. The Red Snapper Sashimi was out of this world and the Tempura Shrimp Sushi flambayed with Grand Grand Marinier was OMG.Special Features:
- The waitress was extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2013The waitress was extremely helpful, but the sushi took too long to be made. So long in fact the waitress thought the chef's forgot part of the order. There were only 7 tables that were there and all arrived after my party of 5.
- fine restaurantdomisylDined on 6/2/2013We went to fushi for my husband's birthday and it was very good. Sushis are unique, service was nice. So it was a very good night. I recommend this restaurant to whom love sushis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service, too expensiveArthurDined on 6/2/2013The service was bad, as our order was served all wrong. There were also several items on the menu, which are actually not available. The restaurant was practically empty, but the server was stil too busy (I guess) to correctly remember the order. Oh wait, it was all written down, but he or the people in the kitchen still got it all wrong. The food is okay, but nothing fancy. The prices were quite extraordinary though. Not a good value at all.
- Excellent presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2013Sushi was presented on an elaborate plate in different layers Different varieties not seen in other sushi restaurants. Extremely fresh and tasty Will return to try different kinds The wasabi served was whipped, and was probably the best wasabi I have had in this city Will return soonSpecial Features:
- Great restoginoDined on 5/4/2013Food was awesome, so as the service, from sushis to a-la-carte main meal, everything is awesome. patio is a little bit noisy due to location on sherbrooke st. Great place which i'llbe going backSpecial Features:
- Nothing Special.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2013Service was slow, and the sushi was average. The prices were high.
- The best Sushi in the City too.AubeyVIPDined on 4/14/2013The service was outstanding. The sushi man was very understanding and gave everything I order/ Thw boss was there thare night and me a plate for $ 65.00. I will come back with my wife and coworkers too.Special Features:
- First time @ Fu-Shi, definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2013First time @ Fu-Shi, definitely not the last time! Amazing food and service. Pleasant evening to share with a love one, and if you crave and love sushi you are in for a great experience. Highly recommend to discover.Special Features:
- Delightful japanese sushiJockoVIPDined on 3/2/2013Delightful japanese sushi restaraunt with excellent food especially the signature black cod and red snapper with hot grapseed oils and special sauceSpecial Features:
- Food was perfect, exceptional,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2013Food was perfect, exceptional, worth the wait time! Just be sure you're not too hungry and ready to relax, enjoy your drink. We will go back for sure!Special Features:
- Really DisappointingjaxsingchefDined on 12/31/2012New Years Eve dinner is certainly always a gamble and perhaps Fu Shi would not have been our first choice but I always like to eat sushi on New Year's Eve and there were mixed reviews so we took a chance. It was a special five course meal for New Year's Eve. But I had three courses that have the exact same ingredients in it. For a supposedly creative restaurant I thought this was incredibly disappointing and highly unimaginative. The steak we had was tasteless. The food was really very mediocre. The restaurant was not busy. The service was poor for a light crowd.
- rude service on NYE 31st Dec 2012OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Overall good service. The food's presentation was OK. Taste wise was fairly normal. At the of the supper very rude service!!! There was an Asian waiter who came out of nowhere told us to leave the restaurant in such way: "um...we don't want to kick you out but there is some reservation..." We would never go back. I would never recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- I have gone many times. ThePamaskaDined on 12/11/2012I have gone many times. The food is excellent but the service is constantly ordinary.
- Awesome Hve been 4 times nowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/7/2012Awesome Hve been 4 times now and will go on every visit to MontrealSpecial Features:
- Food was very good, it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2012Food was very good, it was an extremely quiet night and wait staff may have been a little disengaged. However, service was flawless, just not as warm or friendly as I expected. Overall, if you like sushi it is definitely worth the taste, a little pricey but quality usually is.Special Features:
- server was very helpful onOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2012server was very helpful on his suggestion we ordered the sushi lunch for two - it was very good and so much food we had to take a whole portion homeSpecial Features:
- Best originality sushi in townOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2012Claude the owner know how to satisfy his guess.He will try to fulfill all your desiderata.the menu is outstanding and the chef can realize the sushi you want.Just try the sushi "flambé" au Grand Marnier or the red snapper sashimi. i even try to get me the best of the Tuna:the o-toro(the supreme extra fatty tuna) Harakami in japanese or the chu-toro(fatty tuna) Haranaka in japanese next time for sure he will succeed.Special Features:
- The Sushi in town and Rest. too.AubeyVIPDined on 9/6/2012The best sushi in town. I would bring mu co workers and my wife too.Special Features:
- Decent Food but WAY overpriced!DisappointedFoodieDined on 9/1/2012Went their on a Saturday night late and the patio was about half full while no one was inside the restaurant. The service was really slow in terms of being greeted and taking our order. The food was ok while the dishware was very elegant. The chef should take it easy on the avocados especially when they're premature. The worst part is that at the end only by checking my bill did I notice that the waiter charged me for 2x$18 rolls instead of 1. When I told the waiter that I believed he had made a mistake, he right away wanted to tell me that I received that item and that I was wrong. After he listened to my full explanation he removed it. After tax and tip the bill was over $100 which is too much for that quality of service and food
- The food was great and a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012The food was great and a nice environment. The only thing is that it takes a lot of time to get your food so you better not be in a hurry.Special Features:
- The Best Sushi in the City.AubeyVIPDined on 8/29/2012The service was very good will return wife my wife for are Wedding Anniversary will speak ro my wife and let you know before the date.Special Features:
- This rest. has the best serviceAubeyVIPDined on 8/22/2012This rest. has the best service and sushi too. I would come bake to this rest. alone or with my wife or people from my office too.Special Features:
- Super sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2012Extraordinary food. I will definitely return. Reasonable pricesSpecial Features:
- This is the place to go ifOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/12/2012This is the place to go if you want more than just the same old same old. Great attention to detail when it comes to presentation.Special Features:
- I love this place the ownersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012I love this place the owners are truly nice folks and the food is no place like this in montreal truth class just love itSpecial Features:
- Fushi has the best sushi IAubeyVIPDined on 7/20/2012Fushi has the best sushi I very ate. I would recomend this resturant to my friends and family. I will come back to Fushi with my wife and myself or alone too.Special Features:
- GOOD FUSION RESTAURANT THOUGHOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2012GOOD FUSION RESTAURANT THOUGH I FIND MYSELF HAVING TO WAUT A WHILE TO FIND OUR SERVER DEPITE THE FACT THAT WASN'T REALLY BUSY ON BOTH NIGHTS THAT I CAME.Special Features:
- A Truly unique experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012Great fusion sushi restaurant in Montreal. Make sure you request for the sushi flambé w/ grand marnier NOT the cognac. Totally different with a good Japanese taste with an an added French flair. Where else do you find that? A Japanese- French fusion Restaurant!Special Features:
- Beautiful plates, but almostOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/3/2012Beautiful plates, but almost all food had a sweet taste even the spicy mayo. The sushi was fresh and good but a little in the expensive side. Service was good and attentiveSpecial Features:
- The best work of art and best sushiAubeyVIPDined on 7/3/2012The sushi the sushi men make is a work of art. It,s also the best sushi I ever ate. The staff is very attentive to your ever needs. I will go back to this resturant again. I would also recomed this resturant to my family and friends too.Special Features:
- We had an excellent dinnerDrJeffDined on 7/2/2012We had an excellent dinner on a quiet midweek night. I am not sure what the noise level will be if the restaurant is busy. The delicious and fresh sushi makes this restaurant well worth a visit.Special Features:
- well, not sure what to say.RobbVIPDined on 6/15/2012well, not sure what to say. totally different experience from the first time I went and had a fantastic experience. This time around, which was for my birthday, was lackluster. I mentioned to the host (possibly the owner) that I had a reservation, but that comment was ignored. As for service, it was almost nonexistent. I had hoped to share in a special event, to show off the great service, food presentation, etc. but that was unfortunately overshadowed by poor service and food that took forever to arrive, in a unexciting platter, to say the least. not likely to return since left with less than ideal taste.Special Features:
- Great place for terrace sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2012Great place for terrace sushi on a Friday night. Super service, artistic food that was delicious, great people watching on the terrace on Sherbrooke. A little pricy but would go back again.Special Features:
- tHE BEST SUSHI IN THE City.AubeyVIPDined on 6/5/2012Fushi has the best Sush in the city. I would recomend this resturant to my friends and family. I will go back again to this resturant again.Special Features: