311 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fusha75.com/
- Phone: (212) 877-9300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Bo Lee 2128779300
A word from Fusha West
The southeast corner of 75th & Amsterdam Avenue welcomed its newest ‘it’ spot, Fusha West (sister restaurant of Amber East, West, Gramercy Park and West Village, also Aquamarine Murray Hill), which opened its doors in September 2008. Upon entering Fusha, you immediately notice the classic Asian styling mixed with modern industrial flare. Your dining experience is further enhanced by an eclectic arrangement of soothing music and intimate lighting. Rounding out our décor is the cocktail bar, a trendy yet relaxed scene, which welcomes all to a delectable menu of wines, sakes, and house created signature drinks, among which you are sure to find your next favorite. The Sushi and Kitchen Chefs are well trained in traditional Asian cuisines but do not hesitate to introduce their own modern nuances into every inspired dish. So come join us for lunch or dinner, where our knowledgeable and friendly staff, are more than happy to make your dining experience enjoyable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fusha West reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)romantic (3)great for outdoor dining (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great food ambiance - slow serviceStjoy33VIPDined on 11/8/2014The food was delicious and the ambiance very nice. However it took forever to get our drinks, food, and check. It was just two of us so it should have been quick. We had to ask 3 times for our drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swank, noisy, deliciousmusicBfoodofloveDined on 11/7/2014On a first visit to Fusha, my wife and I were impressed with the sushi and sashimi - that crisp, luscious flavor, and especially the melt-in-your mouth salmon. The Lady Lobster Roll, a house specialty, was less pleasing - somehow the lobster tail flavor didn't come through, and the roll's huge bulk was very difficult to attack. Lovely, dark, contemporary decor, but all stone walls make a noisy ambiance, not very easy to talk. But I'll certainly go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!lovesfoodDined on 11/6/2014I was happily surprised by this little gem! I love Asian fusion and this restaurant hit the mark. The service was quick and responsive and the food was delicious and plentiful. I would absolutely go again!Special Features:
- Great food, poor serviceJPilotDined on 10/19/2014I made a reservation for 10:45pm because is one of the options at opentable. They pretty much rush me the entire time since we sat down until we left. By 11pm they turn everything off, started cleaning and just waited for us to leave. If the restaurant has to close by certain time please please do not put the latest time as one of the options for reservation is not fair. I came from Long Island about 40 min drive. It was a surprise for my girlfriend's birthday, it turned out I was the one surprise with the service.Special Features:
- iluvfoiegrasVIPDined on 10/7/2014A pleasant looking restaurant with good service. However if you love sushi and don't mind having a great variety of fish with NO TASTE this is the place for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- go-to sushi spotDoctaTomVIPDined on 9/20/2014When I crave sushi, I head for Fusha West. I've been here several times and have never been disappointed. This is now my go-to sushi spot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good pricesSweet1ninaDined on 9/20/2014First time there a group of 5. Order a few apps to share which were delicious esp the Indian pancake. We had a variety of dinner meals ... Sushi ... Pad Thai ... Ribs ... Desserts were decent but overall a good meal in a nice setting would def recommend and go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid UWS Sushi RestaurantUpperwest123VIPDined on 8/29/2014We've been going to Fushia for the last two years and I really enjoyed the roles and sushi. Good drinks good service and a nice Upper west fight sushi placeSpecial Features:
- The following 223 reviews are from the Fusha West reviews archive.
- very accammodatingFavoriteVIPDined on 7/26/2014We made reservation for 3 ended up being 6 after we sat down. They quickly changed out table, brought our drinks and made us feel very comfortable. The service was very good. The waitress was very helpful and kept checking on us. Prices were good and the food was good. It was a nice dinner, I will go back.Special Features:
- Very goodGoodyDined on 7/20/2014It's always a pleasure to go to Fusha. The food is very good and well priced' However, this last time we went , it was very difficult to get the waiter's attention to take our order. Once our order was taken the service was greatSpecial Features:
- Great Service!JerryTheKVIPDined on 7/11/2014We stopped by Fusha West prior to seeing CSN at the Beacon this week. Due to uptown traffic (thank you Jimi Hendrix) we were late for our reservation. We told our waiter that we had a show in an hour and 15 and he had our drinks, appetizers, and food out to us in plenty of time for us to enjoy our food and head over to the show. He was great! The food was very good - had some of the spicy sushi rolls and a couple of good appies - grilled eggplant and grilled chicken satay. The only slight negative was the specialty drink was a little on the sweet side but that was sort of to be expected based on the description. I think it was a fruit "tini".... Over all a great experience and I'd go back.Special Features:
- Not to our tastechrispyVIPDined on 6/20/2014Sometimes we don't appreciate dishes even though they may be well executed because of our taste preferences. We do enjoy spicy Asian food as long as it isn't sweet. But we must be in the minority these days because there was really nothing on the hot, spicy offerings that wasn't also described as on the sweet side. We did order the spicy basil dish and the "filet" both of which were sweeter than we would have liked. That said we will be back because the sushi did look very good and our dining neighbors were raving about it. Service was ok, just some long durations between their visits to our table to see how we were doing. Also, there didn't seem to be assigned servers which lead to confusion about the status of our meal.Special Features:
- Fabulous Place!DaleDineDined on 6/15/2014This is our favorite neighborhood restaurant! The food is wonderful. We've had many a meal here and the quality and flavoring are consistently excellent. We particularly love the seaweed salad, rock tempura shrimp and the coconut curry vegetables. Just yummy! The ambiance and service are also consistently high. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- A fun restaurantStarlitsky1122Dined on 6/6/2014My husband and I went here for the second time. Both experiences were good. The wait staff is good, the food is really tasty, as it the presentation of the food. Would definitely return there again and would recommend it to family & friends.Special Features:
- FoodieCNDined on 5/8/2014The service is good and friendly, but the food is on the mediocre side. The tempura batter, for example, was heavy, greasy and slightly burned.
- Pretty decentEast82Dined on 4/5/2014It was relatively quiet when I went at 8 on a Saturday. The food was creative and quite good. Not exceptional but a solid place to go if you're in the neighborhood. For the price it was a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bartender breaks glass in iceAviEatsOutVIPDined on 4/3/2014I saw the bartender break a glass into the ice and do nothing. Since I have been a regular, I was very comfortable to say that the ice needed to be dumped for public safety. She did nothing until I pushed so hard and then she agreed to change out all of the ice. I know this is a time consuming process but one piece of glass swallowed can land someone in the hospital. It should not take a good customer pushing to get this done. Had the kitchen staff come out to help - it would have taken no time. I was happy they took care of it but it should have been automatically done.
- Quality droppingBeaconRegularVIPDined on 3/18/2014I have been to Fusha a few times and notice the food and service progressively dropping in standards.
- Sushi was very fresh and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/11/2014Sushi was very fresh and very interesting combinations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- our go-to place on the UWSGinnyDined on 2/8/2014Fusha is our go-to place in the neighborhood. Food is always good, you can usually get a reservation or even walk-in, and the service is fine. Some favorite dishes: the crunchy roll combo and the panko chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skip the duckEPicureDined on 2/5/2014My friend liked the chicken. The duck was the absolute worst I have ever had. There are so many places to try in NY so Id skip this one
- Excellent, Enjoyable Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2014Truly an enjoyable experience! I enjoyed the Fusha West immensly! Will return the next time I plan an evening on the Upper West Side.Special Features:
- Great food and Service!tad1232000VIPDined on 12/11/2013Really enjoyed after a theatre show. Great waiter, very fun and the food was fab. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood Asian FusionSheil31VIPDined on 11/30/2013Very good food. Liked the duck buns which are similar to Peking Duck but not on a crepe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lovely ambienceinjunchildDined on 11/16/2013Everything we ordered was wonderful. The steamed dumplings, shrimp shumai and sushi/sashimi was delicious, the presentation was beautiful. The desserts and drinks were to die for! Try the green tea frozen martini and the creme brûlée! The green tea crepe was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient for the Beacon TheatreBeaconRegularVIPDined on 10/11/2013This is a convenient restaurant for the Beacon Theatre. Reasonably priced. The staff are friendly and attentative in the dining area but the bar person was more focused on chatting with another guest than serving customers. Needed to catch her attention, ask for drinks and them remind her 10 mins later. Could have understood if she was busy but there were only 3 couples at the bar and 2 tables seated when we got there. The food is ok but nothing special to write about. Basically, you get what you pay for, except not at the bar! That said, I would go back and give it another try.
- Reliable and pleasantMargsVIPDined on 10/9/2013I go here once a month with my girlfriend for reliably good sushi and other Asian appetizers & entrees. It is a reliable pleasant experience.
- This is the best place infuddVIPDined on 10/3/2013This is the best place in the neighborhood for pre-Beacon Theatre dining. Some raw fish, the sake special, and you are off to the concert. Great TV's for sports, too.Special Features:
- Food here is amazing!!qtkerrieVIPDined on 8/2/2013I'v ate at many high end 5 star Japanese resturants and the sushi here is comparable to that of Nobu. Unbelievably fresh!! Food here is amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialFood11Dined on 7/28/2013The food was ok. Nothing special. One of my friends said her chicken dish was very dry two other friends thought their food was very good Large portions, ok service and nice atmosphere.
- Nice to meet you...JohnDined on 6/22/2013We happend upon Fusha West thinking that it was another restaurant. When we arrived, we agreed to eat at the restaurant since the atmosphere was nice, and the staff was friendly. Wow, I'm glad we ate there; a new fave!Special Features:
- Upper West Side Asian fusiontm1949VIPDined on 6/22/2013A nice place to sit outside on a balmy summer evening, enjoying cold sake and Asian tapas. Some of the "tapas" were very good (eggplant and black sea bass), but others were just good (tuna tartar and sashimi in cucumber). But then the people watching on Amsterdam Avenue makes up for most of it. Wonderful service.Special Features:
- Great Asian FoodWesnileDined on 6/8/2013Went to Fusha West Saturday night with my wife, sat outside. The drinks were great and the appetizers (asian tapas) were outstanding. Lettuce wraps rocked! Dunplings, edamame all fantastic. Both of us ordered speacialty sushi rolls and they were quite large and delicious. If you want good asian food and or sushi go check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great serviceDivagourmetDined on 6/7/2013Amazingly good food. Fresh. Beautifully seasoned. I had the sushi Fusha special. Friend had noodle dish. Drinks (especially appletini) superb. Quick, expert, friendly, efficient service.Special Features:
- A Very Good Japanese RestaurantJoshVIPDined on 6/7/2013Fusha West was delicious! The atmosphere was very good and the service was really good. There was nothing that really impressed us but there was nothing that disappointed us! Had a very relaxing dinner and definitely would recommend. Meal was very cheap and atmosphere was great for me and my girlfriend. Try it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to Fusha WestItalyimissuVIPDined on 5/26/2013We have been to Fusha West many times, but the service during this experience was particularly disappointing. Even though the restaurant was not crowded, we felt extremely rushed. They came for our orders before our drinks were served, and in fact we received our appetizers so quickly we had barely gotten our drinks. They repeatedly came by to ask if we were done, swooping in to clear off one of our plates before the other was done. We were done within 40 minutes.
- Excellent selection of qualitysushilover1Dined on 5/23/2013Excellent selection of quality sushi/sashimi & specialty rolls-
- I thought this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2013I thought this restaurant might have a rushed, edgy atmosphere, and impersonal wait staff. Thankfully, I was completely wrong. Very low key- with very good service, very good food, ambiance, etc. A very pleasant dining occasion, I recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific, as per usual. LunchtaplVIPDined on 5/14/2013terrific, as per usual. Lunch is a huge bargain. LovelySpecial Features:
- Great restaurant on the UWS.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/26/2013Great restaurant on the UWS. Delicious, innovative food that stands out for the neighborhood. Large, well-priced portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.