1065 First Avenue
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://fushanyc.com/
- Phone: 212-752-8883
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fusha East
The completely modern renovated Fusha Restaurant embodies a combination of excellent food and outstanding service, set in contemporary yet intimate and comfortable seating.Over 1300 square of up to 120 quests, it is a perfect place in the upper east side for business lunches, corporate events, and other special occasions such as wedding or anniversaries. With the intimate full bar inside, Fusha servers a variety cocktails that may be comfortably enjoyed in private. The exotic flavors of South East Asia cuisines, Fusha Restaurant provides you with the highest standards of fine Pan Asian dining. We offer authentic Japanese and Asian cuisines with samplings, from the regions like Malaysia, Thai and Vietnam, are exclusively prepared and elegantly presented along with gracious services. Fusha also offers a delicious array of traditional sushi and sashimi, the unique Japanese menus created by our Mixed Ceviche, King Salmon Carpaccio, Tiradito and etc.....Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fusha East reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (2)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great sushi!MidtownfoodloverDined on 8/27/2014The sushi was fresh and tasty! My bf loves the lychee martinis. Great service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FOODLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/5/2014I took customers for lunch and we were the only ones in the restaurant on a hot week day afternoon. The food was very good and the service as well. I would go back...best shu mai and duck spring rolls. Also declious was the grilled eggplan with thai basil sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC sushiSaxxynycVIPDined on 7/16/2014Fusha never disappoints... Whether it's west side or east side, the food is fresh and delicious and always creatively displayed. We often don't go out of our neighborhood (Chelsea) for sushi because we have great sushi here. Fusha is worth leaving the neighborhood to enjoy. We have 2 or 3 favorite sushi places in the city and Fusha is quickly swimming it's way towards the top of our favorites list.Special Features:
- The following 33 reviews are from the Fusha East reviews archive.
- LuniDined on 5/11/2014My mom loves her Mother's day surprise. She enjoyed.Special Features:
- Nice, quiet spot!volcfomDined on 4/28/2014It can be difficult to find something off the beaten path in NYC. My coworkers and I were visiting for the day, and didn't want something touristy. The food and service were great. Our server went above and beyond to help us have a great experience. The bartender was on point as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little spot ....OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/18/2014Was there for a group lunch a bit after the regular lunchtime rush so it was on the quiet side. Tasty food, great service and the price was right so no complaints from me on this place so would definitely recommend it for a casual lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Good food fast serviceGICHVIPDined on 8/24/2013Food came out really fast, dumplings could be a bit more warmer, but they tasted good. Sushi was wonderful and service was attentive. Will go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's reliable and ConvenientneighborVIPDined on 7/3/2013When you can't decide where to go for a pleasant meal..not too cheap...not too expensive,Fusha is the place for you.It is wonderful to have this place in my neighborhood!Special Features:
- the food was decent the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/3/2012the food was decent the service was some of the worst I've seen recently. We had to ask for our soup several times, they did not have a cold bottle of the wine I was drinking and overall the waiter just seemed out of sorts. The tables and chairs need to be replaced. The table was wobbly and the legs are in the way of you sitting. If they would just train their staff and change the decor/ambiance and kept the food fresh it could be a go to neighborhood place.
- peking duck was terrible.MARTYVIPDined on 8/29/2012peking duck was terrible. usually a reliable local destination. great for lunch
- descent sushi, big portions,john2VIPDined on 7/28/2012descent sushi, big portions, reasonably priced. Nothing to write home about.
- nice place. the sushi wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2012nice place. the sushi was great! but the noodles were bad
- I give 4 stars overall becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/14/2012I give 4 stars overall because of attentive waiter that we had and good drinks. He did a good accommodating our requests. Their green tea crêpe dessert is a must have. I only give 3 stars for food, because everything else was pretty average. I would definitely recommend this place for small gatherings with friends and family.Special Features:
- Great sushi and cooked dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/10/2012Great sushi and cooked dishes as well .. Extensive menu has some great offerings.Special Features:
- A super findDavidDined on 12/27/2011Thoroughly enjoyed this find. We've been to NYC for the past 4 Christmas holidays but only stumbled upon Fusha this year. Very nice menu with plenty of variety coupled with very attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- main courses better than appetizersgreatplaceDined on 12/23/2011main courses better than appetizers, large portions, tasty food, clean restaurant with cordial, efficient serviceSpecial Features:
- A great night outValueOverCostDined on 12/17/2011The food was fantastic. Everything was very simple and strait forward, but it didn't need to be anything else...it was perfect. My wife an I enjoyed a couple of appetizers and sushi. The rolls were perfect and the service was friendly and SUPER fast! Pot-Stickers, Spring rolls, and sushi all came out to us very quickly and the service staff was very well informed. I would definitly go back.Special Features:
- A bit noisy on a Friday night.ravensarrowVIPDined on 11/11/2011A bit noisy on a Friday night. The only problem we really had was that service wasn't very attentive. We had to wait a while before we could get anyone's attention to place our entree orders, and they gave us edamame with our drinks but neglected to tell us it wasn't free.
- Great food, great setting,jokiDined on 10/27/2011Great food, great setting, great service, really loud.Special Features:
- My friend and I had a lovelyIBTDVIPDined on 10/10/2011My friend and I had a lovely dinner outside on a perfect fall evening. The food was interesting and delicious and the portion sizes were just right. Our waiter was appropriately attentive, knew the menu well and was quick witted.Special Features:
- While in NYC this weekend,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/8/2011While in NYC this weekend, I realized we didn't have reservations for Saturday night dinner. I'm a native! I KNOW better! At 7:1- PM, I used my Open table app and what do you know? We found this terrific place...within walking distance and just as good as the reviewers said! They have the BEST edamame! An odd mix of a menu ...we settled for a few rolls (the super-rainbow roll was perfect!) and dessert ...but mostly we had a great time. Service was excellent! Thank you!Special Features:
- Sushi factory - you'll feelToobizDined on 8/3/2011Sushi factory - you'll feel like a widget in their sushi money machine.
- Always consistent. We travelOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2011Always consistent. We travel to NYC several times a year and always make it a point to eat at Fushia. Great feature....NOT OVERPRICED!Special Features:
- Loved it, very fresh sushi,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/16/2011Loved it, very fresh sushi, friendly service, right price. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- great menu and asian specialitiesOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/2/2011great menu and asian specialities ! always a top choiceSpecial Features:
- Interesting twist on traditionalOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/1/2011Interesting twist on traditional red and green curry for the better...much betterSpecial Features:
- Made a reservation at FushaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2011Made a reservation at Fusha for 9:00 pm on a Friday night. My group (5 people) arrived right on time, but unfortunately we had to wait until 9:40 to sit down because there seemed to be only one table that could comfortably accommodate us, and the people sitting there would not leave. The hostess (owner?) offered to give us a smaller table with an extra seat, but after waiting so long we wanted the good table. She knew we were annoyed and promised to take care of us once we sat down. True to her word, we received some delicious free appetizers once we were at our table. It was a nice touch that helped to make up for our long wait. Overall the food was good and the drinks were very strong and tasty.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood sushi spotspfnycVIPDined on 10/14/2010Great neighborhood sushi spot - frequent visitor and never disappointed.Special Features:
- Went for lunch. Food was veryBarbVIPDined on 9/4/2010Went for lunch. Food was very good. Service was fair. We were the only people inside the restaurant at the time, and when I asked the waiter to turn the music down or off, he was very sullen and reluctant to do it.Special Features:
- Service was sparse and forgetful-OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2010Service was sparse and forgetful- seemed overwhelmed despite the restaurant not being full Did not mention Red Snapper was in Tempura batter. Though delicious, not respectful of those with heart problems.Special Features:
- food, ambiance and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/31/2010food, ambiance and service were all up to par, as usual. We especially enjoy the rock shrimp appetizer!Special Features:
- we loved this restaurant.poosDined on 6/4/2010we loved this restaurant. would most definitely come back when we are in NYSpecial Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/17/2010The food was very good and so was the ambience. The service was a little slow.Special Features:
- Fusha East is our favoritebtepVIPDined on 4/3/2010Fusha East is our favorite neighborhood haunt. The food--appetizers, sushi, main courses and all--is always well done and NEVER disappoints. The sushi is always fresh and delicious, no matter what we order. And the staff is courteous, friendly and professional (extra kudos to manager/host Michelle). Service is always excellent. Prices are very fair for the quality. HIghly recommended! Yum!Special Features:
- Superb sushi, reasonably priced,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/27/2010Superb sushi, reasonably priced, beautifully presented and very ample portions.
- Really great customer service,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/11/2010Really great customer service, went above and beyond for a crazy request.