Nick's Italian Kitchen
912 N. Mills Ave
Orlando, FL 32803Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Nick's Italian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nicksitaliankitchen.com/
- Phone: (407) 427-1447
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Weekend: Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Lunch & Brunch: Available for private events.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Ashley Nickell - Chef D Cuisine
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Funky Monkey Wine Company's Nick's Italian Kitchen offers a full selection of catering menus. We can cater your events from 5 people to 500 people. Corporate, weddings, parties we can take care of every detail. Nick's Italian Kitchen is available for private and group events for lunch and brunch. contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Nick's Italian Kitchen can be reserved for your group please contact restaurant directly for details.
- Private Party Contact: Eddie Nickell 407-480-5650x
- Entertainment: Monthly Wine Dinners featuring guest speakers from around the world
For more information and event dates visit www.nicksitaliankitchen.com.
- Special Events: Monthly Tasters Guild Orlando Wine Dinners. See www.nicksitaliankitchen.com for schedule.
A word from Nick's Italian Kitchen
Restaurant Description: Funky Monkey Wine Company’s Nick’s Italian Kitchen is a relaxed neighborhood wine bar and eatery near downtown Orlando in the Mills50 District. This restaurant and wine bar is beautifully decorated with hard wood floors, tablecloths, and warm candlelight where earth tones, a stylish wine themed decor and beautiful bar set the mood. This "stylish yet unconventional" wine bar serves 130-wines by the bottle; 40-wines by the glass all served in beautiful Diva Glassware and offers diners a classic Italian fare. An extensive menu offering delectable salads, unique appetizers, entrees ranging from Steak to our house made Lasagna and wine and cheese pairings are just a sample of what this hot spot offers locals and tourists alike. Monthly Wine Dinners featuring guest speakers from around the world and nightly specials keep the Nick’s exciting and new; everything about this place is fun and pleasantly Funky Monkey. Visit us online at www.nicksitaliankitchen.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nick's Italian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (6)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (5)notable wine list (5)special occasion (3)late-night find (1)good for groups (0)Show More
- Worth trying againabrook65Dined on 11/15/2014The server was very accomodating. The wait time for the food was a little long considering there were not many people in the restaurant at the time but the food was very good when it arrived. I had the chicken milanese and it was very moist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverallOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2014Out of several bottles of wine. Pork tenderloin was chewy, like a pounded out pork chop, not tenderloin and mashed potatoes was very dry. Lasagna was cold. Very small serving of mussels as well as a very small serving of italian wedding soup. Had to sit and wait and remind waiter to replace our cutlery so we could finally start to eat. Restaurant was mostly empty, very discerning to see during prime dining hour. But to be expected, based on the quality of food et.
- The following 81 reviews are from the Nick's Italian Kitchen reviews archive.
- One my favorite restaurants.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2013One my favorite restaurants. It has a very quaint and comfortable neighborhood feel, but always has great food and the ambiance is romantic.Special Features:
- The Real DealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/14/2013I went there for a business dinner. Had wonderful food, excellent service all in a very pleasant atmosphere. It lived up to previous recommendations and everyone agreed we'd dine here again when next in town.Special Features:
- Downtown Orlando locationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2012Downtown Orlando location is great! New Years Eve dinner was wonderful. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Like a tale of two restaurantsculinarilycuriousVIPDined on 6/30/2012We loved the food, wine, and wait staff the first time we dined here. On this second time, we were terribly disappointed! The fish special had absolutely no seasoning or flavor, and our wait staff was equally as bland--a collectively off night! We will give it one more try, though & hope for Funky Monkey #1.
- We have been here severalFoodie98VIPDined on 5/17/2012We have been here several times and always have had a great time. Try to leave room for desserts, they are big and wonderful.Special Features:
- Great wait staff, very attentive!culinarilycuriousVIPDined on 3/9/2012Great wait staff, very attentive! Food was excellent, as was the wine recommendation from our waiter. We will definitely go back again & again!Special Features:
- We enjoyed a great meal here.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/23/2011We enjoyed a great meal here. The restaurant is a bit small and the service was somewhat slow, but it was a nice time overall and the food was great.
- Always a pleasant experience :)OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2011We had a party of 7 and the staff was very accommodating. Everyone enjoyed their meals and wants to go back again!Special Features:
- They accommodated a last minuteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2011They accommodated a last minute change in our head count, pleasant staff and the sushi was divine!Special Features:
- Mixed reviewSarahLVIPDined on 7/23/2011Complimentary edamame was a nice start. Fried goat cheese appetizer was tasty, although the cheese unfortunately wasn't hot. The pear salad was a bit bland, but the ingredients were fresh. My husband loved the scallops, but I found the dish a bit too rich. Lamb shank was under-seasoned and mediocre at best. Service was slow. Nice aesthetics and vibe. We'll give it another try.Special Features:
- I had been excited to visitHillaryPDined on 7/1/2011I had been excited to visit this restaurant for a long time after hearing how great it was... When I finally go, I have no idea why it had rave reviews & now all I hear from others is how it is not as great as it was once before. First of all, its tiny....the decor is nice, good music but that was it. Over 25.00 for 3 average size scallops & vegetables, Unimpressed. My husband got the pork and he wasnt impressed either. We were thinking that by the very high prices, the food would be amazing or plentiful, we got neither! I Was not as impressed as hoped! I was by the location at Pointe Orlando on International Drive, Nicer Decor but it was a Saturday night, 10:00pm and only 2 tables were sat and no wait, no crowd at all. I was shockedSpecial Features:
- My Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/11/2010My personal favorite, compares well with Ravenous Pig. Food not quite as adventurous but just as well prepared, and prices are a little better. The dining room at the mills location is just about perfect, nice lighting and good music at a reasonable volume, perfect for conversation. (The Pig can get a little loud at times)Special Features:
- A welcoming neighborhood gem!BenAroundDinerDined on 9/30/2010Always great food and a feeling of welcome Home! The menu is varied so that you can choose a light dinner or the big celebration meal. Bar seating for tapas and happy hour as well. Small atmosphere gives the feeling of being a guest in a special place.Special Features:
- It was a Sunday night andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2009It was a Sunday night and we were the only party in the restaurant. Took almost 3 1/2 hours to eat.
- Pricey for what we gotDHaywardDined on 4/17/2009The food didn't live up to expectations and we didn't feel it matched its price point.
- Great food! A hidden gem,szrmDined on 11/15/2008Great food! A hidden gem, you'd never expect it from the outside. Who knew Orlando had such a cool place; this restaurant could've easily been in NYC or Philly, or any other major city. Great service, too.Special Features:
- if you want great food, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2008if you want great food, great wine, great service, great value, food that is kicking and just a nice place to have dinner, this is it. my second experience and just as good as the first. would like to see more meat items for those that don't like fish.Special Features:
- We will never go back to thebeachnuttDined on 11/11/2008We will never go back to the Funky Monkey again. Had a $50 gift certificate purchased from the Sentinel specifically to go to this restuarant. Didn't notice it had expired a few weeks ago and turned it into our server after dinner. The manager returned and let us know in no uncertain terms they wouldn't honor it. When I told him we would never be back - he simply shrugged and said "I'm sorry...have a nice evening". I would expect this from a Popeyes or Burger King but not from an establishment trying to pass itself off as upscale. It was also our 19th wedding anniversary so to say the least, this put a bit of a damper on the evening. Our server was apologetic but it was clear the manger could have cared less. A funky experience, indeed!Special Features:
- We enjoyed the Funky MonkeyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2008We enjoyed the Funky Monkey last Saturday, 11/10/08. We highly recommend the Funky Monkey for a great dinner/wine experience. We will be back!Special Features:
- loved your restaurant! whatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/2/2008loved your restaurant! what a great surprise to find such a hidden gem and so conveniently located. . thanks for a wonderful dinner experience;-) JudithSpecial Features:
- I always recommend the FunkyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2008I always recommend the Funky Monkey to friends both in town and those who are visiting. It's a definitely "neighborhood gem!"Special Features:
- One of my favorite places!EastendDarlynDined on 10/21/2008One of my favorite places! Pleasant surprise awaits on the inside...don't let the building exterior scare you away!Special Features:
- Very nice experience. BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2008Very nice experience. Bistro atmosphere with Asian fusion menu. Excellent service. Try the goat cheese appetizer and the fresh fish of the day. Wonderful evening. jSpecial Features:
- Extensive wine list; foodEastCoastKatDined on 10/5/2008Extensive wine list; food was fabulous--hot and fresh. We were all full after soup and dinner entrees, so no dessert, but they looked great! Service was very good--didn't feel rushed and had a relaxing meal. Didn't look like much from the outside, but as we found out, appearences were definitely deceiving. Small, so make a reservation, especially on the weekend.Special Features:
- All dishes tried were excellent.edjacDined on 9/26/2008All dishes tried were excellent. This was about our 4th time there, as it is a long drive for us but still worth it.Special Features:
- Great place to eat. frindlyArabellasVIPDined on 9/21/2008Great place to eat. frindly staff. Terrific food. unique items such as ostrich. Fried goat chesse is marvelous.Special Features:
- Casual/elegant dining withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2008Casual/elegant dining with an outstanding/unique menu. Food was delicious. Be prepared to use the free valet parking.Special Features:
- The menu is a hit or miss.JMDHSMIAMIVIPDined on 9/7/2008The menu is a hit or miss. While I ordered the goat cheese app and the ostrich entree, my friend ordered a specialty drink (some sort of plum sake mojito) and the fried pocket with the salmon. Both the drink and entree were way too sweet. Perhaps it was just the wrong order combination, but I find their strength is in their appetizers. I did not get to try the sushi, but we will be back at the end of the month. They have a great atmosphere and like their extensive wine selectoin at a price that is not too over the top.Special Features:
- I have been talking up thisEastendDarlynDined on 8/22/2008I have been talking up this place...it is a quaint place with great atmosphere! It's amazing what they have done with the interior...from the outside you'd never expect it.Special Features:
- This is a great little neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2008This is a great little neighborhood gem. Our group commented to each other that it reminded us of a little place you'd find in a big city, like New York or Chicago, all right here in Orlando! The food is outstanding, with a nice atmosphere. Don't let the unsuspecting outside facade fool you.Special Features:
- Very small, dark, intimate.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2008Very small, dark, intimate. Try not to sit by the door, as the bright outside light is blinding when it opens. Great wines, excellent & unique foods and sauces.Special Features:
- I went for the first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2008I went for the first time this past weekend and I have to say this is my new favorite place in Orlando. The outside is very deceiving of what a treasure lies inside. Edamame was provided as a nice touch instead of bread with a tasty garlic and spice on top. I had the tuna steak rare with veggies and it was tremendous!!! My husband had the scallops with spinach and for an appetizer we had one of the delicious sushi rolls. The wine selection has a wonderful range of price and an outstanding selection. The setting is cozy, romantic and perfect for a long evening of dining and enjoying company. The wait staff was exceptional and did not rush you to finish to flip the table even though a small venue.Special Features:
- This place is tiny. HoweverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2008This place is tiny. However it has a good wine list and is cozy. Food is ok if you are looking for just snacks and drinks, entrees are just ok. I think they should take out the tables put in more couches and chairs and just make it a lounge with snacks, would go over much better I think.Special Features:
- Excellent food...the friedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/12/2008Excellent food...the fried goat cheese is really good. Really friendly staff. Don't let the neighborhood scare you. You can bring your own wine. DO NOT Park in the lot beside it marked TOW AWAY. You will get towed.Special Features:
- We just love dining at smallOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2008We just love dining at small out of the way places. It is a gem of a restaurant with a wonderful and unusual menu.Special Features:
- Quaint, comfortable, goodEastendDarlynDined on 7/29/2008Quaint, comfortable, good food, good wine, great price value, attentive but not annoying service....lacks parkingSpecial Features:
- Service was excellant. FunkylacomidaVIPDined on 7/14/2008Service was excellant. Funky Monkey has a wonderful appetizer and wine list as well. The garlic lime edamame was very good but the rice on the sushi rolls had a "mushy" quality. But, definitely would return.Special Features:
- We had a very enjoyable eveningBrendaVIPDined on 7/12/2008We had a very enjoyable evening at the Funky Monkey. The waiter was very knowledgable about the menu and wine choices. The goat cheese appetizer was great. My shrimp entre was OK but the soy sauce was way overwhelming with the noodles and veggies; and we were diappointed that the bananas foster did not come flaming to the table. But overall we enjoyed our meal and would return.Special Features: