Funky Monkey Bistro and Bar @The Pointe
9101 International Drive Suite 1208
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
Funky Monkey Bistro and Bar @The Pointe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.funkymonkeywine.com/
- Phone: 4074189463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: AJ Kraft Chef de Cuisine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Funky Monkey can accommodate groups from 4 - 4000 we are experts at planing amazing off site functions from full sit down gourmet affairs to elegant receptions, the Funky Monkey has an event team at your service, please contact our corporate office at 407-480-5650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Sales team will take care of all the details including menu design, tent rentals, china rentals, entertainment and all catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: The Funky Monkey Pointe Orlando has private seating areas for up to 50 and full restaurant is available for group buyouts from 100 up to 250 people reception style and 149 full sit down dinner. The restaurant offers a private beautiful outdoor patio area right on the fabulous International Drive in the magnificent Pointe Orlando directly across from the Orlando Convention Center. We are happy to assist you with all of the details including transportaion.
- Private Party Contact: FMI Restaurant Group Sales 4074805650
- Entertainment: The Funky Monkey offers weekly dinner shows, every Friday, featuring Las Vegas style shows and dancers. The Funky Monkey offers a variety of entertainment featuring DJ's and so much more please visit our wenbsite www.funkymonkeywine.com for updates on all of our fabulous entertainment
- Cross Street: I-Drive at Pointe Orlando
- Public Transit: Taxi and tour bus lane directly in front of the restaurant. I-Drive Trolley stop directly in front of restaurant along with Public Buses.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Pointe Orlando offers parking in a covered secure attached garage area. The complex also offers Valet Parking.
A word from Funky Monkey Bistro and Bar @The Pointe
Funky Monkey Bistro and Bar @The Pointe is a multi award winning restaurant and wine bar located in the fantastic Pointe Orlando complex on the world famous International Drive directly across form the Convention Center. The Funky Monkey provides over 100 wine's by the bottle, 40 wines by the glass, a full liquor bar, outdoor dining and a private room for up to 100 guests. This locally independently owned restaurant offers a "stylish yet unconventional appeal". The Funky Monkey offers diners an Eclectic, fusion style with Asian-American influenced menu offering delectable salads, unique appetizers, entrees ranging from steak to hand rolled Sushi. Weekly Friday Night Las Vegas Style Dinner Theater and nightly specials keep the Monkey exciting and new. Everything about this place is fun and pleasantly Funky Monkey. This is where the locals dine. Visit us online at www.funkymonkeywine.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Funky Monkey Bistro and Bar @The Pointe reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (13)special occasion (11)notable wine list (10)vibrant bar scene (9)fit for foodies (9)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (7)romantic (5)neighborhood gem (3)Show More
- Love Funky MonkeyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014We love this place! Great service, excellent food and fabulous entertainment on Saturday nights. Food always consistently wonderful. Over all 5 stars. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Wine barOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/29/2014They hold themselves out as a wine bar, but the selection is really at the low end of wines.
- Fun funky placeSoSadDined on 9/26/2014We did the magic menu. Food was good. The restuarant is cute n fun. The drag queen show was a blast. Will return again just to watch them again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Had a vet nice time celebrating my birthday. The atmosphere, the show,the food, the service was out of this world. That is how the service and the treatment should be in any restaurant . I can't wait to of back.Special Features:
- Great place.ShatochatoVIPDined on 9/26/2014Wish we could have visited at night but made reservations for lunch. Atmosphere very quiet. Food great.
- dissapointedHinesDined on 9/22/2014It was overall a very dissapointing meal. The servers were great, but we were early and were the first ones seated. It was a wine place but we chose to drink beer. Both of our beers were warm and my husband actually sent his back so they could "chill" it longer. Appetizer came, mine was fried green tomatoes. They were laying in a pool of grease and they were anything BUT fried. I asked the server, she agreed and was told she should have never brought something out looking like that. They came back still greasy, but better. We both got NY strips, mine was loaded with gristel, I had a plate full of it when I was done. Dessert was average. We are not complainers ever, but this is a place I will skip by next time.Special Features:
- Not recommended for locals...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Walked in and hostess asked if we had reservations, replied "yes", she then seated us without taking a name or asking when the reservation was for. We were seated in the small dining room to the right of the entrance at a high top. The other tables were full and most had ordered already. Our server came to our table, not to present himself but to simply ask, "anyone take your drink order yet?" I replied no, and he left, he then sent his assistant to take the orders. Then, after the drinks finally arrived,(another 15 minutes), the assistant asked if we were ready to order, we never received menus... We had come for the magical dining, so that involved another 10 minute hunt for those menus.
- Great show, forget the foodNeedanightoutDined on 9/20/2014Went with a group for Magical Dining - the show was great on Saturday night, but the food was not good. I have been to Funky Monkey before. The cooks must have changed since then. I think the management needs to seriously think about changing the kitchen staff. It took an hour to get our appetizers, which were good. The entrees were not good. The steak was overlooked and the duck was not cooked enough. The meal was not hot when it got to the table. The ice. Cream on the dessert was mostly melted.Special Features:
- Table42Dined on 9/20/2014The Funky Monkey may be a hotspot for drinks, but forget dining. The steak was dry and tasteless and the service was poor.Special Features:
- Funky and not in a good wayfoodeeVIPDined on 9/20/2014Overpriced menu with hidden drink prices ($17 martini?!). Sloppy, slow service. Mostly average food though the tuna avocado appetizer was great (would have been better without the avocado skin). Excessively bright spot lights and extreme AC.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014We had 7:30 PM reservation and were promptly seated. Gratefully supplied with the Magical Dining menu by the hostess, along with the regular menu and wine list. For a place called a 'wine company', the wine list was dismal. There was a slight delay in being greeted by our server, but understandable for a Saturday night. Drinks were a little slow to arrive, but water was given immediately. After we placed our meal order, it seemed like everything came to a mind-numbing crawl. The appetizers were great, entrees only alright, and dessert was a complete disaster! Banana Fosters came out looking like a broth and the chocolate cake was inedible. I don't blame our server, but the kitchen for our nearly 2.5 hour dinner. Not impressed.
- Entertaining!!!!AkiaDined on 9/19/2014The most fun I have had at dinner in such a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014We went there for magical dining, all of the appetizers were great! Main course not so much, 3 of us had steaks and one had pasta dish, the steaks were full of grizzel. The desserts were nothing special, the chocolate cake was very dry. The manager did take $33 off from one person. I had been there in the past a couple of years ago and it was great, but sorry I don't think we will be returning.
- Funky Monkey Wine Co. @ The PointeSteelmanDined on 9/14/2014Food was excellent. We arrived when they opened on a Sunday night and had the place to ourselves for the most part of our meal. Service was also excellent. Would recommend to friends and family.Special Features:
- Not worth your moneyIheartfoodDined on 9/10/2014A "wine company" out of wine we ordered, poor quality drinks, long wait for food, bread served as an after thought, cold gooey dumplings, steak improperly cooked then reheated to proper doneness and reserved with now very cold sides, server that didn't write down order and had to come back three times to clarify? The appitizers and deserts were good. Not the best dining experience by far. Will not be back!
- poor choiceWaltDined on 9/8/2014lacking in every way. the point has some great restaurants== funky monkey is just funky
- Great EveningMartinBDined on 9/5/2014We made a last minute decision to go to this restaurant and very glad we did. We had been meaning to go for a while and very glad we did as we will be returning again. Great food with a very friendly service and they even had a drag act at the end of the evening we stayed for which was great fun and well worth watching.Special Features:
- I would give it less than 1 starNotFunkyDined on 8/31/2014I would give this restaurant less than 1 star if I could. We went for a Birthday celebration. The restaurant was clean and quiet. The Magical Dining menu looked good. When we ordered apps. We were promptly told they only had 1 order of Bisque so we would have to share. The Stuffed Avacado was really good tho. When we ordered dinner several things did not come as described. The menu described one thing and we got something different. The two orders of duck were both different. One was juicy and big. The other looked dried out and half the size. It looked like it had been reheated from the day before. The steaks were well flavored but chewy. The rest of the accompaniments were bland. The wine list seemed good tho.
- Still UndecidedtrvlngdocDined on 8/30/2014I was disappointed with dinner, but the drinks (Grape Monkey and the Hyper Monkey) were good. My sister just had to try the Monkey Balls. She loved them but I thought the flavor was a little off. Starting with apps, the Lobster Bisque was already cracked when it was brought to the table. Two Stuffed Avocados were ordered, and only one was brought out at a time, almost as if there wasn't enough oven space or there was only one person cooking. Of the entree's the Mahi tasted the best. NY Strip was ordered as medium, but was more well done. The seafood pasta diablo was bland, but the Duck Confit & Tarragon Dumplings was delicious. The Bananas Foster was too sweet and had too much brandy sauce, and the chocolate cake was extremely rich.Special Features:
- Coolmulatka77Dined on 8/29/2014We got there on Friday night which was a night for a drag show. That was cool and entertaining. The food nothing to be impressed from, but the overall ambience was great. We had 2 birthdays that night and right after one of the performers found that out - they've got 2 shots of tequila for them. That was also a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happening!ZKBatesDined on 8/23/2014We usually go to the Mills Ave location, but that is now Nick's Italian Kitchen and no longer serves my favored Stuffed Avocado. So we high-tailed it down to the I-drive location to try it out. Well, I got my Stuffed Avocado but we will probably not be back after this. The service was great, except that our team of waiters kept asking us the same questions, so there was not much communication between them. The food was good but not like I remembered at Mills. The ambiance is totally different from our Mills neighborhood gem, which we prefer. More of a club atmosphere (show started at 9pm) but the place was so empty, despite the crowds of people walking around Pointe Orlando.Special Features:
- Disappointing!DisneyfanaticDined on 8/16/2014It was the biggest disappointment & total waste of money. This stuff was overpriced and lacked any talent. The fried goat cheese was ok but was thrown on a plate with a piece of flatbread, sliced green tomatoes & some out of the bag sundried tomatoes. What was it I don't know but a child could have made that appetizer. All three of our sushi rolls were identical in looks, expensive for a small roll. Twice the price than it should have been. I got the crunchy monkey with pieces of canned fried onions, you know the ones we use on top of green bean casserole, just thrown on top of my few small pieces of sushi. My son's tempura shrimp roll was probably a total of 2 shrimp. $95 and we were still hungry and aggravated most of all.
- Food is Poor!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014The decor is nice, and waitstaff is attentive and friendly. But the food was poor at best. They didn't have three menu items, because they had run out the day before. They also had run out of two beers the day before. The Cowboy Ribeye came, and instead of being medium rare, was well done, the mashed potatoes runny, and vegetables mush. The staff saw and took the plate before I could say anything. When it returned, it was medium rare, but gray on the outside and TOUGH! We also ordered the salmon burger...very dry, and the NY strip steak (also tough). The pork schnitzel was just okay. It's a shame because with the location, the atmosphere, and waitstaff, it has the ability to be great...but sadly fails. Go to Seasons 52 instead!Special Features:
- Friday Night Show was GreatomahanickDined on 7/11/2014If you are up for some laughs make sure to be there for the 9:00 show. I will add it is not a G rated show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayTlmdinerVIPDined on 7/4/2014Came back after a visit in 2013 and didn't think the quality of the food was as good. My seafood entree came with a completely different preparation than listed on the menu and nobody advised it had changed. Wine list was so so for being a wine based restaurant. Nice location but needs to step it up a bit to get me back.
- Split personality?CeeveeDined on 6/28/2014We picked this restaurant as it was close to our hotel on iDrive and the menu sounded great on the web. Classy decor gave a good impression on arrival. No bison burger available, but the Angus beef version was great & the bun was light and crusty. Sad to say I was very disappointed with the mahi-mahi - not very fresh, the black beans were completely dried out on top, I could taste no lime or cilantro in the "lime cilantro" rice & some of the grains were uncooked. Also I'm glad we didn't arrive any later as a DJ started with some pumping dance music around 8.30pm as were were finishing - great music, but that's not why I went to a restaurant wine-bar! So does the restaurant completely re-invent itself after dark? We didn't stay to find out.Special Features:
- DiappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014As a party of 2 women we were seated by bathrooms entrance. Unappetizing & annoying as a line formed. Several items selected, starters & entrees were out. Gave up on a starter. Ordered mahi with cilantro & lime rice, neither flavor could be tasted and rice was dry. Coconut curry shrimp over taglatelli was swimming in sauce making it messy to eat - flavor was good. Decor was casual elegan
- The following 463 reviews are from the Funky Monkey Bistro and Bar @The Pointe reviews archive.
- Amazing!LunarymDined on 5/10/2014My Grandmother, Mother and I had a wonderful Pre-mothers day dinner. Lots of fun, a great show, and delicious food. Our server was always attentive and we enjoyed the entire evening. Thank you!Special Features:
- Many different tastes on menu!mambDined on 5/3/2014Was a day of find and we had a few different preferences joining us so their menu was great. Everyone found something they liked. Sushi was unique and fresh, appetizers enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They have wine but low on serviceTravelaLotDined on 4/25/2014For a wine bar, they had a good selection and decent enough food. The main issue was the service but only from a specific waiter. When the second round of wine was ordered it was unceremoniously dumped directly in my glass without even the offer of a tasting! The second waiter serving was good and friendly, but I'd expect a bit more class from a place highlighting wine in their adverts.Special Features:
- Confused restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2014I expected Funky Monkey to be more wine oriented based on their sign and presentation of glasses on the table and wine racks up and down an entire wall. The wine list was mediocre at best. The menu seemed confused as well. Again, sign read "bistro" and menu ranged from thai curry pasta dish to steak to sushi. Seems like they need to decide on a theme and make it work. That aside, the food was tasty and ambiance was nice. Was traveling so probably will not return, but hopefully they can get it together for locals. Good lucK!Special Features:
- Excellent service, not soopentabledinerVIPDined on 3/19/2014Excellent service, not so excellent eats. Not a very big menu, and many unavailable items, including several seafood items. Also, many wine selections were unavailable - at a restaurant that touts itself as a Wine Company!
- FlamboyantprincessaritaVIPDined on 3/14/2014The Vegas style show is quite entertaining! The food is good but it takes too long. Sit in the back of restaurant if you want to have conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DefinItely not a DRAG!RABRDined on 3/14/2014Great food, great drinks and awesome entertainment! Never disappointed and it's a great way to start off your weekend!Special Features:
- We were so confused!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014This restaurant seemed to suffer from am identify crisis. It touts itself las a wine bar, but there is no "wines by the glass" menu. The sushi menu seemed like an afterthought and was very limited. We got our appetizers fairly quickly. The tuna tartare and seaweed salads were good. Our sushi entree took another 30+minutes and was fair. Maybe we simply ordered the wrong thing. We were there on a Friday night and got to catch a little of the Las Vegas revue. It was a lot of fun, but immediately turned a seemingly fine dining restaurant into a nightclub. Again - such an off combination. Orlando has amazing locally-owned restaurants. Funky Monkey is not one of them.
- Nice variety of foodsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2014I was hoping to have sushi, but the server discouraged it due to the time it would take to get the food. It seems all the food took the same amount of time, I should have ordered the sushi. All in all the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, OK foodBlicky721Dined on 3/12/2014We were here with client on business. Apps came out right away, but it seems they forgot our dinner order. After asking three times it arrived two hours after sitting down. Client had to box hers up - found out she threw it out because the t-bone was grissly. Food was salty. On top of that, they tried to charge us 20% for a party of 5. Very unimpressed.Special Features:
- UnpreparedbadmgoodDined on 3/11/2014We had a reservation for 6 and the staff was completely unprepared. There was a convention in town that apparently SHOCKED them. Food/Service/Attitude was all awful. If you have a choice and can secure a reservation elsewhere....do it!
- Bad choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2014The sushi was worse than airport sushi! Dry rice that fell apart with soy sauce. Each piece was a different size. The sashimi was the worst slicing I have ever seen! Worse yet, the sashimi still had some silver skin on it. They forgot an appetizer and all of the chicken was overdone! Way overpriced for what we got. They must rely on tourists that are unlikely to return.Special Features:
- We were in for a surprise!PeteKDined on 2/28/2014In Orlando for a few days to visit family. Got onto OpenTable for a last minute reservation and found the Funky Monkey. What a great decision. After some waiting, they seated us in the middle of the restaurant next to a very long table (party of 30 or so) Was great people watching for sure! Ordered our meals, wine and all was EXCELLENT! I had the chicken saltimboca and my wife had the mahi. Suddenly, the DJ announces that the show is about to begin. We had no idea that we had ventured into the middle of a drag show! OMG, what a great time!!! It was funny, risqué, and an absolute delight!!! If you're in Orlando on a Friday, go to Funky Monkey - you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.