Funky Monkey Bistro and Bar @The Pointe
9101 International Drive Suite 1208
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
Funky Monkey Bistro and Bar @The Pointe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.funkymonkeywine.com/
- Phone: (407) 418-9463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: AJ Kraft Chef de Cuisine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Funky Monkey can accommodate groups from 4 - 4000 we are experts at planing amazing off site functions from full sit down gourmet affairs to elegant receptions, the Funky Monkey has an event team at your service, please contact our corporate office at 407-480-5650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Sales team will take care of all the details including menu design, tent rentals, china rentals, entertainment and all catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: The Funky Monkey Pointe Orlando has private seating areas for up to 50 and full restaurant is available for group buyouts from 100 up to 250 people reception style and 149 full sit down dinner. The restaurant offers a private beautiful outdoor patio area right on the fabulous International Drive in the magnificent Pointe Orlando directly across from the Orlando Convention Center. We are happy to assist you with all of the details including transportaion.
- Private Party Contact: FMI Restaurant Group Sales 4074805650
- Entertainment: The Funky Monkey offers weekly dinner shows, every Friday, featuring Las Vegas style shows and dancers. The Funky Monkey offers a variety of entertainment featuring DJ's and so much more please visit our wenbsite www.funkymonkeywine.com for updates on all of our fabulous entertainment
- Cross Street: I-Drive at Pointe Orlando
- Public Transit: Taxi and tour bus lane directly in front of the restaurant. I-Drive Trolley stop directly in front of restaurant along with Public Buses.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Pointe Orlando offers parking in a covered secure attached garage area. The complex also offers Valet Parking.
A word from Funky Monkey Bistro and Bar @The Pointe
Funky Monkey Bistro and Bar @The Pointe is a multi award winning restaurant and wine bar located in the fantastic Pointe Orlando complex on the world famous International Drive directly across form the Convention Center. The Funky Monkey provides over 100 wine's by the bottle, 40 wines by the glass, a full liquor bar, outdoor dining and a private room for up to 100 guests. This locally independently owned restaurant offers a "stylish yet unconventional appeal". The Funky Monkey offers diners an Eclectic, fusion style with Asian-American influenced menu offering delectable salads, unique appetizers, entrees ranging from steak to hand rolled Sushi. Weekly Friday Night Las Vegas Style Dinner Theater and nightly specials keep the Monkey exciting and new. Everything about this place is fun and pleasantly Funky Monkey. This is where the locals dine. Visit us online at www.funkymonkeywine.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Funky Monkey Bistro and Bar @The Pointe reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (11)notable wine list (9)hot spot (9)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (8)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (4)neighborhood gem (2)Show More
- Not all in the NameFLtransplantDined on 9/18/2013The name of the restaurant was misleading . Glad we chose to come here as it was a delightful evening. So glad for September Magical Dining! Quite a nice surprise. This restaurant is a pleasant surprise to the palate. The name did not capture our attention as a serious restaurant. The decor was elegant but modern. The wait staff could not have been more attentive. And the food was generous and delicious. The Maque Choux was a delight to the senses! The pork and the beef cooked to perfection and were very generous portions. The salads were crisp and fresh as were the vegetables. The dessert was not to be outdone. The cake was lovely and the key lime was better than Key West's signature dish. We will frequent this establishment again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service Recovery!Nuke1VIPDined on 9/14/2013The pace of the meal was off - having to wait what felt like an extremely long time between salad and entree. The wait was long enough that we were considering leaving. When the meal came, the NY Strip was incorrently cooked. It was sent back three times and still was not prepared properly. The waiter and manager were skillful in their ability to turn what could have been a disaster into a satsifactory experience. I would go back for the wine, but not for food.Special Features:
- Funky MonkeyChasVIPDined on 9/9/2013Have been to this restaurant several times and this time was a disappointment but food and service.
- Fantastic!!!LisaDined on 9/7/2013The food was great! Service superb!!! Will return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special no reason to returnNothingspecialDined on 9/7/2013I went for my daughters birthday I wrote in your comments it was her birthday , no one ever mentioned happy birthday to her at all :( Avocado app was good , steak ordered rare was med , pork was ok , scallops were good , salmon ok, eruption roll smallest rolls ever with little flavor, , waiters service was good but little bit of attitude feeling when I asked for magical dining menu & didn't order drinks . Paid $200 for 4 of us & left with 1/2 the meals in take home boxes, as no desire to bother eating it as it wasn't a wow this is good food feeling :( I feel it was wasted $$$ on a place that was freezing cold inside ( 3 tables total there & we all put on sweaters ) & had cold attitudes to match :( won't return & definitely won't return :(
- Eclectic but familiaritsagthgDined on 9/4/2013I happened to finds this restaurant by accident. There are so many choices in the area but I am so glad I picked this one. I travel a lot so I eat out a lot. They have a good eclectic menu that should please any foodies palette. Atmosphere was every nice. I will come back here again when i'm in the area.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerJoanDined on 9/2/2013I had an appetizer at the restaurant in the past..seated outside. The crab cake I had was good. So when my husband asked me to shedule a reservation of my choice I chose this place because of my past experience and the location. I was so dissappointed with the food. The food was cold as if precooked and reheated. The supposedly roasted potatoes served with scalopes and shrimps were so soggy that i couldn't eat them. The servers were very nice though.Special Features:
- The stuffed artichoke ahiwhatsDined on 9/1/2013The stuffed artichoke ahi appetizer was very good especially the ahi- melted in your mouth. Our entrees were ok nothing spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family of four visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2013We went here as an alternative to Disney restaurants. Ordered some appetizers, salads and entrees. Service was slow at first- appetizers took >30 minutes to come out But great food and service aside from that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super timeGreyeagleDined on 8/16/2013This was our first time at the Funky Monkey, it was more than we ever imagined. Great service, very friendly people. They do not rush you but are there just enough to make for a perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG.We wish we found thisGreatVIPDined on 7/21/2013OMG.We wish we found this place several years ago. The food and the service were both excellent to say the least. We're looking forward to going back in the near future. The place rocks!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeGbpack8Dined on 7/20/2013Nice place but very expensive for not so large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a fantastic time. WeBurnmegoodDined on 7/19/2013We had a fantastic time. We came for the Drag Show or rather we came to see Aiysa. She is THE bomb! Excellent. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Great placeJohnZVIPDined on 7/17/2013Food is great, the service didn't rush you and were very attentive as well as not interupting while we were talking. I will definately go back!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome sushiBossmoeDined on 6/26/2013Sushi was absolutely outstanding. Saw a Parmesan crusted salmon on the website,but when we got there it wasn't on the menu. We asked if they could do it and pronto they said sure and it was awesome. If we come back to Orlando, we would come back here in a heartbeat. Bob.....the white sox fan was a great waiter!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Great ServiceMelissaDined on 6/22/2013A friend took me to the Funky Monkey on I Drive for birthday. The food was excellent and so was the service. He got a steak; I got sushi. Both of us were very happy with our meals. The server let me friend sample two wines to make his choice. We both enjoyed our wine selections. The servers were attentive, but not overdone. I definitely recommend the Funky Monkey on I Drive (Pointe Orlando).Special Features:
- Went for my best friend'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2013Went for my best friend's b-day on Friday night for the drag show and it was a great show, better than Hamburger Mary's! The sushi menu and the wine list was extensive and great! Attentive and upscale service, live atmosphere. i would recommend this place anyone of my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!CorporateCEODined on 6/19/2013We had dinner at Funky Monkey and ther service was excellent. I have to give the food 4-stars instead of 5 because I didn't care for the bleu cheese fries or chicken skewers; HOWEVER the meal was outstanding. Highly recommend the swordfish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less food, more payJennyDined on 6/12/2013The food is good, but prices are highest compare with similar restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely NOT a wine barOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/11/2013Description says 100 wines by the bottle and 40 by the glass. The entire wine list has only 40 bottles and there are a total of 9 available by the glass. Those selections are one of each varietal and just cheap grocery store wines. Their "house" wine is Cupcake which sells for about $6 a bottle. When we defaulted to selecting a bottle, the first two selections were "out of stock". No flights, no tastings. If you were going for wine - don't. Other than that, this is essentially a sushi bar with a few traditional items such as crab cakes and risotto. Small plates were fairly good and well presented. Service was very slow even though the restaurant was not crowded - ice tea not brewed, capuccino machine broken.......
- Great find!VickiDDined on 6/6/2013WE had such a lovely dinner at the Funky Monkey Wine Company. Great atmosphere, wonderful service and some great innovative choices in food.... I loved the fact that they had small plates as well as full dinners. We had several appetizers, salads and entrees, and the four of us did not have one complaint about anything we tasted.Special Features:
- Great Sushi but service likeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2013Great Sushi but service like others have noted is not great. Having wine bar in it's name you would think they would have more than one brand of Pinot Grigio to offer. It's Orlando, wasn't expecting a great meal but overall not a bad place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey but only OK.DinnermanDined on 5/27/2013very pricey for what you get . entrees very lackluster,Special Features:
- Great experienceMrMetDined on 5/26/2013We started off with mussels marinara and monkey balls, both were outstanding. Great food, all four of us give a thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun SpotUnluckydinnerDined on 5/24/2013Great place for girls nite out/bachelorette , plus has great foood and a good wine cellarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, but lacking....OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/22/2013We went early in the afternoon. There was a total of 4 people in the restaurant, this was including the 2 of us. So it was very quiet. The entrees we ordered were amazing, but the the hummus had to much garlic in it. The wine was good, a bit over priced, and our waiter was very friendly and attentive but lack knowledge on the wine selection. I would recommend this place but considering their name has "wine company" in it, do not expect superior wine knowledge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/21/2013Very disappointing experience. Took almost 45 minutes to get three appetizers. Manager walked around like he was bored. Came by our table but barely looked at us until he saw our faces like we needed something. Then he acted put out because we inquired about our food that we had been waiting for. Never received a thank you or follow up until we were actually getting out of our seats to leave. The food was not really good and very overpriced. I would not recommend this place. I will try their downtown location...hopefully that will be a better experience.
- Orlando convention center visitTOL1VIPDined on 5/20/2013A notch above other restaurants. Able to hold a conversation. Excellent food, wine list, and service. I'll be back the next time I attend a convention in Orlando.Special Features:
- Horrible ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/19/2013First and last time I'll eat there. My party of 5 sat down at 7:15 and waited nearly 30 mins to get our appetizer and dinner order in. Appetizers were served around 8:30, yes 1 hour later. Around 9:15 our waiter informs us that the sushi chefs were backed up and suggested we order something else. Yes, after almost 2 hours it's suggested we order new entrees. The Manager explains the sushi chefs got backed up yet the restaurant was not even that busy. We requested our check and our server had the nerve to say they removed the entrees from the bill. How about that.....removed the entrees that were never served. No offer to buy us drinks, app's nothing...... Bottom line is dine at your own risk, this place is pathetic.
- Usually very goodFeedmeDined on 5/18/2013I've eaten here several times, both at pointe Orlando and also downtown. I'm Never unsatisfied with my food, however unfortunately this time things items were cooked differently. I love the stuffed avocado, which includes raw tuna, however this time the tuna was cooked. The service at both locations is usually great, however for some reason at the pointe Orlando location, whenever we go service falters want to eat your meal. That is, it takes forever for us to close out and pay our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2013I rarely enter such vehement negative review, but felt obliged to. Other than lively location and ambiance, this place has serious issues. Sushi rice completely wet and unmixed, clumpy, sloppy nigiri, poor presentation and poorly/improperly cut sashimi- clearly untrained chefs here. Very poor service, including handing out mismatched chopsticks, poor eye contact, no smiles, 50 min from time of order to food presentation - despite reminder twice and being told "coming out in two minutes" - needs much staff training One of the WORST sushi places I have ever encountered.
- Service was painfully slowOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/11/2013Service was painfully slow and the restaurant was not busy. We were seated outside at our request and was able to enjoy the live music from the restaurant across the courtyard, The outdoor tables were an odd height to the chairs and uncomfortable. Only 2 selections on the dessert menu. Sushi was enjoyable, but not spectacular.
- Bread lessOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2013Monkey Balls were good. Small plate items tasted okay but you got one thigh in the Thai chicken plate. Pasta entree was a small portion for a main pasta dish. The salad I ordered had two tiny pieces of avocado that took awhile to find. Asked for bread and was first told they didn't serve bread and then that bread was a separate charge. As incredulous as that was I ordered the bread because we were hungry. The bread basket had 4 yeast rolls that were lukewarm, stale and match for the ice cold butter. Wouldn't have minded paying the $3 for bread if they were hot or at the very least, fresh. What restaurant doesn't serve bread when you order salads and a pasta meal? I won't be going back to the Funky Monkey.Special Features:
- Food and Manager problemsDisappointedDined on 5/7/2013Chef overcooked steaks, then manager made it worse. 2 diners ordered same steak, 1 medium and the other medium rare. Both steaks arrived medium well. The steak ordered medium was returned to the kitchen by the waiter, then the manager brought the steak back to the table to question the diner how he wanted it prepared. The manager was condescending and claimed the steak was prepared medium and the diner really wanted it "medium rare." The confrontation simply ruined the evening. A 3rd steak was prepared and brought to the table rare - they never did get it right. A shame really because the flavors and seasoning were great, but a chef can't cook a $40 steak correctly accompanied by a condescending manager... no thank you. Won't be back. Ever.
- Salads are new to the menu.nooneVIPDined on 5/5/2013Salads are new to the menu. I thought I would try the "Funky Salad" - a $10.00 salad. Described having bacon, onion, avocado and blue cheese. Basically, lettuce with a couple of cut up cherry tomatoes, a 1/2" piece of bacon, no avocado, and minimal if any red onion. Beware - ask and be sure the mentioned ingredients are on hand.
- Nice place and good foodsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2013Very nice place, I loved the small plates and of cource the wine. If You want a full menu, this is the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday Celebration EVer !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013I went to celebrate my bday had such an awesome time that I wrote to funky monkey on fb to thank them . Everything from begining to end was amazing . Definitely made my birthday celebration a memorable oneSpecial Features:
- Would not recommend this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2013Would not recommend this restaurant . Food and wine way over priced for the quality. Also they misrepresented the wine list by only making the most expensive wines available .
- Don't expect serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013The food was so-so, but the service was awful. 4 wait staff stood in the middle of the patio chatting while we waited for drinks. On of the guys scowled the whole night.
- I got everyone together forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013I got everyone together for my birthday, I had been the only one who haseaten here before. I am so please to tell you everyonr had a fantastic time, they all loved the food from apps to dinner along with bottles of wine. We were a party of 12, the servers ray and sorry don't remeber the othe name :-/ were attebtive but not over bearing, food was correct, and delious. I think everyonr will be back again. I will recommend the Funky Monkey at the pointe to evryone. Thank you for a great birthday Meliisa TothSpecial Features: