Funky Lil Kitchen
232 King Street
Pottstown, PA 19464Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Funky Lil Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.funkylilkitchen.com/
- Phone: 6103267400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday (March through August 2008): 5:00pm - 9:00pm. On Sunday, 10% of every dinner check will be donated to the SPCA
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Falcone
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout
- Catering: Call for details.
A word from Funky Lil Kitchen
Funky Lil' Kitchen is an exciting and intimate BYOB restaurant, serving a seasonally inspired Modern American Menu. With its innovative food and sexy dining room, Funky Lil' Kitchen brings a center city style of dining to the suburbs!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Funky Lil Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
- Best meal we have had there!rosebDined on 9/28/2013We had such a great time at dinner, and the food was exceptionally good. It was a perfect way to celebrate our 10th Anniversary!Special Features:
- Cool location and feel. FoodBobSDined on 9/28/2013Cool location and feel. Food was very good overall. My dinner (salmon) was slightly under cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night with friendsBirthdayGirlDined on 9/21/2013My group of girlfriends got together to celebrate birthdays. There were yummy choices for all our dietary wants and needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always pleases!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2013I rave about this restaurant to everyone I know. It's always wonderful and the menu is never the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodjoeyDined on 9/20/2013Food was great! I had the cod. This was my second time to the FLK and I think the portions should definitely be larger. We both left hungry. It would be nice to have had bread with the dinner. the nuts were good but with the small portions, you really need something more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum! The food is amazing!templemomVIPDined on 9/14/2013Yum! The food is amazing! Bring your favorite bottle of of wine and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting Menu; Great FoodLily255Dined on 9/14/2013The menu is always fascinating and the food well prepared and presented. One of our favorite, eclectic places to dine.Special Features:
- Very ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2013Not knowing much about Pottstown I searched online for restaurants and came across the Funky Lil Kitchen. I hardly ever write reviews but felt this restaurant deserved it. The food, service, selections and ambiance were all A++. I would highly recommend this restaurant and hope to go back again in the future....Special Features:
- UnderwhelmeddcrmomDined on 8/24/2013I was looking forward to trying Funky Lil Kitchen after I read the reviews, but we were underwhelmed. The food was good, but it didn't wow us. The menu was quite limited (only 8 items TOTAL), and substitutions weren't allowed. Being gluten-free, that left me with very few choices. We declined dessert and went home and made some for ourselves. The service was adequate, and the atmosphere was quaint, but it is located in downtown Pottstown, which is not somewhere I would seek out. If you want a truly memorable dining experience in this area, I recommend trying Majolica in Phoenixville.
- The food was incredible, theDinnerbelleDined on 8/21/2013The food was incredible, the service was wonderful, and loved the utensil decor! Thanks for putting Pottstown on the fine dining radar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique, Ecletic, Tasty & FullfillinsarafaekVIPDined on 8/16/2013Absolutely LOVED our dinner and evening at the FLK. The scallops were cooked perfectly and served over a zucchini waffle! I've never had anything like that and the tastes along with Ratatouille complimented each other perfect. We brought a chardonnay from a local vineyard, Blair and it accompanied quite nice. My girlfriend enjoyed the cantaloupe, refreshing soup and her gnocchi was covered with crab meat and a light/delicate sauce. Kudos to you all for creating a MUST try in Pottstown. See you again!Special Features:
- Good food but very hot.JimwithJenVIPDined on 8/8/2013When you walk in is this damp smell hits you in the face but the place looks clean and nicely appointed so we stayed. Then my wife who is always cold noticed how warm it was and we found out the AC is broke. There was only 3 couples total in the small restaurant and we were all sat next to each other so we could enjoying hearing each other conversation and feeling the heat even more. Upon reading the menu we see there in NO SUBSTITUTION and that kind of left us feeling unwelcome. Food quality was great but the selection and portion sizes are limited. I live in Philly so this is close to some restaurants we have there but I doubt it would make it on just great food alone. Check the menu online before you go and make sure the AC is fixed.Special Features:
- Funky Li Kitchen is a rare find!BigEBbqDined on 7/25/2013I had dined at FLK several years ago while passing thru town and was impressed! I was again in FLC last week and FLC has improved with age! The food was great! The service attentive but not over bearing . The decor and atmosphere were very pleasing, pleasant and romantic. The menu is small but diverse; it is a BYOB so don't forget your wine as this food deserves a great bottle of wine. I liked the peanuts but ,as I have seen in other reviews, the chef really needs to provide some bread to allow one to get every delicious drop of the sauce on the Escargot( a must have if you like Escargot)! It is a very small restaurant so reservations are recommended. The menu changes often.A Great Night Out...... looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- are you KIDDING me?schoodic66Dined on 7/19/2013on the heat wave of the summer.. you had no air conditioning,...it was a special occasion for us.. who work all the time at night to take an evening off for a birthday celebration..a PHONE CALL telling us that the AC wasn't working would have been the CORRECT way to handle a reservation.. the waiter was not knowledgeable about what he was serving.. you only have EIGHT things on the menu... he should be able to answer simple questions and have intelligent suggestions.. bean salad, i ordered , was a dish served warm... my own stupid fault for assuming that it was going to be chilled as it was already 102 degrees in the building... lets just say.. we won't be back.. OR making suggestions to friends....
- Braised Brilliance!Sawwhetowl2VIPDined on 7/12/2013If you are lucky enough to visit while a braised short rib is on the menu, you must try it. Fork tender, the knife is provided to help push the beef onto your fork, or maybe it's just for show, b/c you won't need it to cut the meat! Desserts are always something to save a little room for or to take home for a special treat the next day. We often eat way too much to have room. My latest favorite, Peanut butter ricotta layered with fresh fruit (this time it was Blackberries). Can you say HEAVEN? I can, I thought for sure that's where I had ended up when I drove onto King Street and landed in FLK! This is a MUST taste it to believe it. Don't be shy, try the wildest thing on the menu, you won't ever be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Funky is OPEN folks!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/29/2013Michael Falcone is not only a chef, he is an artist! I can't say enough about the duck leg confit which came with a lavender and black pepper pancake. I don't know how he thought of it nor would I have requested it, but now I want it again and again. Love Funky!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gastronomic DelightSawwhetowl2VIPDined on 6/28/2013I am always in awe of Chef Michael Falcone's talent in the kitchen! Never since the restaurant opened have we ever been disappointed. Buttery escargot that melts in your mouth coupled with divine bacon and potatoes in an adorable crock. My choice of Braised duck with a delectable waffle was extraordinary. Savory and sweet combinations seem to be Michael's forte along with the unexpected and unique, balanced with farm fresh meats, produce and insanely delectable concoctions of sauces, purees, and seasonal fare. Don't be shy, try the wildest thing on the menu, you won't ever be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been awhile - glad we came back!brassman2000Dined on 6/22/2013We dined at FLK several years ago with friends and decided to dine here on our anniversary. Started with sharing escargot - very nice flavor and sauce. Entrees were duck confit and pan seared scallops - both excellent; duck tender and moist; scallops cooked perfectly. Nice finish with a shared peanut butter ricotta. Byob - a romantic and budget friendly fine dining experience. Excellent and friendly wait staff. We won't wait as long before our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique combinations that AMAZE!Sawwhetowl2VIPDined on 6/19/2013We opted to eat 3 entrees, one as our appetizer.Pa seared sea scallops with roasted potatoes, peas, onions in lemon-thyme butter. The scallops were cooked perfectly, browned with a gentle yield when bitten, sauce light, delicious, let's the flavor of the scallop come through. Our entrees were braised veal shoulder au jus served with spring onion rice pudding, roasted carrots and pan roasted chicken breast served lemon orzo,squash,chard,tomato, olives, basil puree, both dishes were amazing. The chicken was succulent, juicy and flavorful. The veal was incredible, fork tender. The savory rice pudding was lovely and complimented the veal. Desserts were incredible as well. Honey,lavender,almond bread pudding & peanut butter ricotta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & flavorfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/15/2013This was our first visit. FLK is funky indeed. The decor sets the tone. Be prepared to drink wine from juice glasses, or do as repeat visitors do and bring your own. We didn't mind this since we were drinking white- it brought back memories of neighborhood pubs in eastern Europe. The food and service were very good. One big request: bread instead of peanuts. Not the best way to begin. We were especially sad there wasn't bread when we received the escargot. They were PERFECT! But it was a darn shame that we didn't get to mop up every bit of the yummy sauce with some crusty bread. A bit limited menu, but what is offered is done in interesting combinations of quality food in a nice presentation. I would recommend to others.Special Features:
- Pottstown PearlOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2013Small BYOB with excellent menu choices. We went at 6:30 for a pre-show dinner and it was perfect. 1st courses are a little pricey but the quality of the food is very good and overall the price is commensurate with the quality. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodjamalilyDined on 6/8/2013The rest. is small, tables & chairs comfortable. Strange...no bread but that is good for diet. Portions pretty small. Don't think anything on menu for vegetarians. Lots of shellfish. Menu small: 5 apps, 5 entrees, 3 desserts. Everything was perfectly cooked and enough to eat but if you are a large eater, it could be a problem. I sound negative but I am not. Just thought you should know. I would return in a shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting combinations!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2013I like that the menu has creative options but not too many to make my head spin. I had a smoked salmon lemon waffle with capers, and if I remember correctly, diced onions, tomatoes - that was delish. For course two, I enjoyed a seared mahi mahi w/ a pineapple salsa. Both were tasty and the portion size was great to not overstuff. I would absolutely look forward to coming back when in town and trying some more interesting compilations! The decor is "funky," the staff, friendly, and I enjoyed being able to see into the kitchen where the chef was working.Special Features:
- Great gemFoodieQueenDined on 6/1/2013I had no complaints, only praise for this great little gem. It provides an intimate atmosphere and the food is no less than divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Funky Lil Kitchen - Its nameLionheartDined on 6/1/2013Funky Lil Kitchen - Its name says it all. Reminds me of many restaurants I used to frequent in Austin, TX. Unpretentious, intimate, fun, great service and food. Scallops were amazing. I will definitely be back for a repeat visit soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our third timelgs0304Dined on 5/25/2013We love going to this restaurant. The menu always has very unique items and combinations. Every item is always perfectly prepared and the staff is really friendly.Special Features:
- Going to miss this place!LongtimeOTVIPVIPDined on 5/24/2013It's been quite some time since we've been to FLK but not for lack of quality. Living just east of Pottstown this BYOB is a great alternative to going into Philly! The wait staff is so friendly and accommodating. Each dish seemed so carefully prepared and they lean towards locally provided goods. The escargots were very tender and flavorful and the sauce was spoon worthy! Try the halibut & save room for dessert! As their Facebook page states, "There is no closing date" set yet. I encourage you to return or try it for your first time. You won't be disappointed. Park across the street in the lot if the street spots are taken. One caveat, in the winter the dining room gets a little chilly when the front door is opened.Special Features:
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2013We were not as impressed this trip, when compared to our first trip. My wife noted that her escargot just was not as special this time. We both had fish and it was good but not special this time. We will most likely visit again though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have wanted to try the FunkyArchaeobradDined on 5/15/2013I have wanted to try the Funky Lil Kitchen for awhile so when I needed a romantic place to take my wife it was perfect. We were not disappointed. We will surely bring friends back to the Funky Lil Kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A city restaurant in a suburb!LarouseDined on 5/15/2013Great food, pricey for the local area but same price if u were traveling to the city to eat. Sea scallops were excellent, Halibut was excellent. service was friendly and great. BYOB. Small, seasonal menu.Special Features:
- Delicious food and great service.BellaDined on 5/15/2013Delicious food and great service. Portions are a little small for the price at such a casual restaurant. BUT food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed by All!SuzannaDined on 5/10/2013Everything tried by my party was delicious. I especially love that the food here is seasonal and Birchrun Hill Farm cheeses are featured. Best of all, though was the very friendly and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was quite good,JamesDined on 5/3/2013The service was quite good, from the hostess to Burt, our waiter. The food was exceptional, from the appetizers through the main courses to dessert and coffee. My only suggestion is that the main course was small. In short, I left hungry, and that was a bit disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome flavor, presentation,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Awesome flavor, presentation, and I loved the complimentary sweet and spicy peanuts. A huge Lu's for me is how fresh the food is AND how hot it comes to the table! I appreciated the fact that I could savor each bite because I wasn't rushing to eat it before it got cold. Prices are high- portions are small , but it wouldn't keep me from going back occasionally to check out their different menus.Special Features:
- A gemLynnVIPDined on 4/17/2013Creative menu. Well prepared. Excellent, professional, friendly service. Loved the decorSpecial Features:
- small and quaint place forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013small and quaint place for dinner. Menu seemed a little small 4 apps and 4 entreesSpecial Features:
- Had a wonderful first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013Had a wonderful first experience at Funky 'Lil Kitchen. The menu is small and changes regularly with the seasons - sometimes it is nice not to be confronted with pages of choices. The service was excellent, and the food was beautifully served - many layered flavors and textures in each dish. The decor is charming, and not over-done - ambiance perfect for lingering over a home-cooked meal and sharing conversation. Walked out feeling satisfied, not over-stuffed, and very much looking forward to coming back to this Pottstown gem.Special Features:
- Phenomenal Creativity that WORKS!Sawwhetowl2VIPDined on 3/14/2013What an amazing meal. Mushroom gnocchi was so delicious and the cream sauce was velvety and full flavored, with fresh sage it was incredible. Roasted chicken with coconut,mango,cashews was pure heaven. It was my husband's meal, but I made him give it to me! My braised pork shank with yams & broccoli was also phenomenal. Our friend had the pork belly with root beer oatmeal -wow. The flavor of the oatmeal was superb. Everything was amazing and reminded me of why FLK is truly my very favorite restaurant. The creativity and the uniqueness of the combinations is by far the best of fine dining in a casual atmosphere. Banana-walnut bread pudding topped off the meal with a delicious bang. FLK is simply THE BEST!Special Features:
- Definitely visit before it closesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Excellent food, such a shame that it will be shutting down soon. Can be a little noisy at times, but not bad by any means. Would definitely recommending visiting before it closes.Special Features:
- Been here many times. AlwaysChristopher1VIPDined on 3/8/2013Been here many times. Always a treat. Great food and close by. Had the smoked salmon as an appetizer which was delicious. Main course I had was the stripped bass. Just an excellent night out. Just need to expand dessert. Need chocolate.Special Features: