Fulton's on The River
315 North LaSalle St
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Fulton's on The River
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fultonsontheriver.com/
- Phone: 3128220100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm; Friday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kevin Schulz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fulton's on the River boasts the 'Best Views in Chicago' with event space for 8 to 1500 guests along the beautiful Chicago River! Please contact Group Sales at 312-527-1417 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on our exciting packages for both corporate and social events!
- Private Party Facilities: We have one of the largest private dining rooms in the city with access to a private dock and outdoor veranda. Giving guests a birds eye view of the river while offering the best of both worlds in seafood and steak.
- Private Party Contact: Group Sales 8772151228
- Entertainment: Join us in Bridge Bar - Chicago's 1st Cocktail Kitchen! Featuring an extensive Scotch, Bourbon & Whiskey menu that will surely put a smile on your face. Open Monday - Thursday 11am - 11pm, Friday 11am - 12am, Saturday 4pm - 12am, and Sunday 4pm - 9pm.
- Cross Street: North Lasalle & the River (East-side of Lasalle, South of Kinzie)
- Public Transit: CTA public transportation: Purple and Brown line trains stop at The Merchandise Mart, just a couple of blocks northeast to LaSalle and Kinzie where our building is just south. Orange, Purple, Brown and Green lines stop at Clark and Lake. Follow Clark north one block to Wacker. Turn west (left) on Wacker one block to LaSalle. Turn north (right) on
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available 6 days a week. Self-parking lots are located down the street on the west side of LaSalle. Street parking is metered and limited.
A word from Fulton's on The River
Fulton's on the River is a classic Chicago Seafood and Prime Steak House with an unparalleled devotion to procuring nothing but the best quality ingredients. The finest seasonal oysters, fresh from the water seafood and 100% USDA Prime Beef are all served with an unrivaled view of the Chicago River and the sparkling Chicago skyline. Whether you're a guest in the dining room, Bridge Bar , exclusive wine room or on the outdoor Veranda, our servers anticipate and accommodate, creating an extraordinary experience. Fulton's on the River is a great place to celebrate! With seven distinct event spaces to choose from, accommodating parties of all sizes, Fulton's on the River is an ideal venue for corporate and social functions that will please the palate and the eye with its fantastic views.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fulton's on The River reviews from OpenTable diners
- New Years Eve 2013PariscusineDined on 12/31/2013Fabulous decor Attentive staff Fantastic dinner My youngest son and his fiancé had dinner With My Wife and I and they were impressed. My Wife and Son had Seared scallops(perfect) My son's Fiancé had the game Hen tremendous I had the 16oz. sirloin what a "presentation" We were pleased to have made this restaurant our dinner Destination...... 4-stars is My rating..... I have had dinner all Over Chicago, Paris, Germany, Montreal, Califorinia, Too many to list..... But listing a few from around the world reflects My Satisfaction What a place Nick our server was available always at the right moment.... Bona petitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service but food was goodJulesDined on 12/31/2013We went for lunch. Really great location and got by the window so great views. The lobster soup was the most amazing part of the meal. Onion soup was just like any other onion soup. The applewood burger was good but not phenomenal. The fish tacos were also good but not phenomenal. Overall a good place but not great. Not for foodies. Service. Is really good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The most wonderful restaurant everpowerkopiDined on 12/30/2013I proposed to my fiancee on Dec 30, the special night. After I made a reservation online, it was very simple and easy to complete. Next day, I called them to confirm if my reservation was settled. They already knew my situation that I was gonna propose that night. Then, they kindly took care of me arranging the best window-side table, which had a wonderful river view and looked like a private table because of curtains though what I reserved wasn't a private party table. We ordered Bone in ribeye, French onion soup, Lobster bisque, and wine. The ribeye cooked as medium well was so juicy like the waiter recommended us. We liked onion soup with cheese on the top. Delicious Lobster bisque, Awesome Wine. Reasonable price. I recommend everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT TIMEBOOBIEANNDined on 12/27/2013I HAD A DELICIOUS MEAL AND THE WAITER WAS FABULOUSI would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic get away.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013My Lamb was perfect, however I was told it came with a horseradish sauce of which there was none. My Potatos were burnt as were my Husbands. He ordered the Chicken which was very dry and he said tastless. But we were charged for a Cornish game hen. I told him to dispute it but he would not. He just said it will not be his first choice in location next time. The view of the river was nice if you were standing up. could not see any view sitting down. I was so excited to get a table. Have been wanting to dine here since last summer. We always try to go to different places to get a fair idea of the food Chicago has to offer. This was about average. Not willing to spend the money again very pricy.Special Features:
- Many better choices in ChicagoBloomfieldfanDined on 12/13/2013Service was fair at best. Slow and somewhat inattentive. Food was only mediocre despite very high prices. Hard to believe a restaurant like this doesn't offer salmon, which we requested on two visits and got shut out on both. Steaks were expensive but not close to Chicago standards. So many better options in Chicago for seafoood, steaks, or anything else in a supposedly upscale restaurant.
- Disappointed at Fulton'sLooper69Dined on 11/29/2013Although we were overall disappointed with our dining experience at Fulton's on the River, I will say the meal itself was very good, the salmon, scallops, and swordfish were prepared and seasoned terrifically. However, the service was glacially slow, and the restaurant was empty. It took 30 minutes to get our first cocktails, another 30 to order wine, and finally dinner. The appetizers, salad, and entres came in a timely fashion, but then the slow down returned as we waited to order coffee, skip desert, and hunt down the bill. The menu is rather pricey, and did not reflect the service. Fulton's doesnt compare to the many other excellent restaurants in the area. We won't be back.
- very goodanubis72VIPDined on 11/28/2013Ambience nothing exciting during winter but food was very good. Good service.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving DinnerThanksgivingFamilyDined on 11/28/2013Had a great Thanksgiving dinner at Fulton's. I did feel like the meal was slightly overpriced at $43 per person, plus $40 bottles of wine (the cheapest on the menu), but relatively, the feast was equal to market value and a great place to be on the holiday!Special Features:
- Thanksgiving disasterDisappointedDinerDined on 11/28/2013Almost laughably bad line of food: thick, soggy stuffing; pools of grease in Mac n cheese; limited selection; and to cap it off, a very unpleasant, unfriendly scowling woman with a knife at the end carving station. Not one server smiled. Our server told us not less than 4 times, "I'm really busy. I've got a busy station. I will be with you as soon as I can." Worst excuse for pumpkin pie ever. My husband had to ask for his cocktail three times. We finished, paid our bill, and went to the bar at the Peninsula and had a lovely evening, with friendly service. Awful doesn't begin to describe our experience.
- ThanksgivingMerriDined on 11/28/2013We. were pleased with our dining experience. The food was very good. The host was very friendly; the wait staff was attentive w/o being overwhelming. The manager even stopped by the table to welcome us and inquire about our dining experience. It was a busy holiday, however, the restaurant was extremely relaxed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't botherOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2013Booked the restaurant weeks ago for their thanksgiving dinner. Called 3 times and got assured that we are going to have a window table. Got there 15 min earlier, group in front of us asked for window table, no reservations upfront and they got it (!!) we were next in line and when we mention the window table we got informed that there is no window table available.. Hostess said we can get a booth with a view and got assigned to another person to take us downstairs....only to get informed that there is NOT booths available the person upstairs were wrong!!And asked if we are "ok" with a table behind a huge column in the middle of the room! Long story short,DONT BOTHER.. The food was ok, but nothing you can't find in other Chicago spots.
- Thanksgivingfamily4Dined on 11/28/2013It was our first dinner in a restaurant away from home. Great buffet; food was great and a lot of choices for even the picky eaters. Would definitely go again if we are in Chicago for the holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a great Thanksgiving buffet!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/28/2013The food was great and there was a lot of variety. The only downside was that they placed the buffet tables in a space that was too tight and it made it uncomfortable for people to walk by. Nevertheless I would recommend it to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving/Son's Graduation NavyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013This was one of the best meals that I have had in a very long time. You made our day wonderful!Special Features:
- Terrific Thanksgiving!TomTDined on 11/28/2013We had one of our best Thanksgiving meals ever! The food was delicious and the turkey had to be the best I have ever eaten. The food was so good that I almost forgot about the lovely view of the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic HUGE Thanksgivingfoodie2Dined on 11/28/2013Fantastic HUGE Thanksgiving buffet with interesting healthy sides dishes including all the traditional favorites. Meats included prime rib, turkey, ham all just melted in your mouth. Great variety for veggie and or meat lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving Fultons on the RiverMColeyDined on 11/28/2013We ate Thanksgiving dinner at Fultons recently on a family trip to Chicago. The service from beginning to end was great. The food for the buffet was rather amazing, some of our favorites being the salmon, turkey and stuffing. The view of the river is great. The meal was not inexpensive, for 2 adults and I child and 2 glasses of wine our bill was $150, quite a splurge for our family of 3. We thought it was worth it for a special holiday meal out of town.Special Features:
- Ok, but not greatChiVisitorVIPDined on 11/27/2013The bar is a highlight. Really great bar team and broad selection of Scotch. Wait staff was very good. Unfortunately, the food itself was ok but not great. Steaks were just ok, more like a chain steak house. Baked potatoes were dry and lacked flavor, vegetables over cooked. Not terribly, but just a bit. At half the price, it would be a great value. Again, the service team (especially the bar staff) were terrific so they made it a fun evening. Just disappointed in the food.Special Features:
- relaxing dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2013We had a nice, quiet relaxing dinner. Service was excellent, wine was fabulous, food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Friday Night DinnerBoomsWellingtonDined on 11/15/2013Late reservation turned out to be the best time for a romantic meal. She loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solicited at Dinner?BrianDined on 11/15/2013Our waiter told us early in the dinner that he had a question for us sometime later in the evening. My wife and I were curious, and then very disappointed as his question was how often we ate at Fulton's, since he wanted to sell us some gift cards. He was trying to sell us on this buy $100, get $25 extra deal they're running (and I think they always run). The whole evening with the waiter was off, and this particular encounter was super awkward and not what I would expect when I'm spending $200 at a "top tier" steakhouse.
- 立地は最高、料理も悪くない、しかし・・・OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013リバーサイドに位置し、眺め雰囲気は最高クラス。料理もアメリカンスタイルの正統派ステーキ。 しかしこれを食べてわれわれ日本人が「うまい!」と思うかは別問題ではないだろうか。 料理を楽しむも何も1枚のステーキを何とか食べるのが精一杯、旅先でBOX作ってもらっても… アメリカンな胃袋気分を味わいたいならぴったりのレストランですSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013Really good place to eat. I got there about 45 minutes before the rest of our two couple group. Had a drink at the very friendly bar by the main entrance. The bartender went above and beyond to provide good service. He even ordered me up a plate of three raw oysters to munch on while I waited. They weren't free but the offer to get me one or two or as many as I wanted was nice. Very tasty. My group was about 15 minutes late for our reservation but it was no problem. The service at the table was excellent and the food was 4 3/4 stars out of five. We spent about 75.00/person including a couple bottles of good wine and some fine scotch. We will go back next spring to eat outside along the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SteakssteakconnousseurDined on 11/2/2013Went there with a group of 4. We each had steak. I myself had the dry aged ribeye which was out of this world. Server was awesome and very knowledgeable. He made decisions easy to make. All the food was terrific. Reasonably priced and cooked to perfection. 5 stars all aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulmummsDined on 11/2/2013The restaurant was wonderful. We truly enjoyed our food. The service from our waiter Yanko was over the top. He was very knowledgeable with all the foods and very receptive to my food allergy. He went above for me and I appreciated that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clever entrees, good qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/25/2013Clever entrees, good quality ingredients. Outstanding service. It all made for a special evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the pricedub06Dined on 10/23/2013Over the course of the past year I have had dinner at some great restaurants in the city and when searching for a new steakhouse Fulton's had great reviews. I hope it was just an off night because the restaurant did not stand up to the ratings, or the price. The staff was cordial, but for how slow the restaurant seemed to be they were not all that attentive. The waiter brought out the meat tray to show us all the cuts and we were getting excited. The steak was good, but it was a disappointment to the build-up. I would say it was worth maybe half the price. I have had better at a local pub. There were highlights so don't be afraid to try. The cocktails were well prepared and enjoyable. The sides and sauces paired well also
- Great Fish!GuttsyDined on 10/22/2013Parmesan Crusted Tilapia was fantastic! Another favorite - - their special Lobster Salad sandwich. Side offerings are pretty average including "Chicago's Largest Tater Tot", steamed broccoli and mushrooms. Crab-cake sandwich is also quite tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too hot. Typical American food.jmb10Dined on 10/18/2013Needed better climate control. Must have been 80° in there. Wish it was nice enough to eat outside. Food was good, large portions but nothing overly exciting and "new".Special Features:
- StaffSeasonedDinerDined on 10/15/2013All were very friendly, professional and never felt pushed They observed and served/ took away at our pace The Swordfish was outstanding, as was the SteakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but sub-par servicechicindyVIPDined on 10/7/2013We had a good meal that was marred by poor service. Standouts: rich and delicious Lobster Pappardelle and the savory roasted mushrooms side. As for the service: one of the wines we ordered was delivered in the wrong year. First we were told it was the only year available but then they decided to check and 15 minutes later they found one in the year we ordered. Then the waiter forgot to bring one of our sides and we couldn't find him again until we were all done eating. It was a weeknight and they were not terribly busy, but obviously did not have sufficient staff.
- Great outdoor lunch spotmissyVIPDined on 10/4/2013We lucked out to get great weather and could sit on the porch, watching the tour boats and kayaks. Street traffic was not too noisy for a good conversation. Service was good. My guest said her burger was delicious. I ordered the fish & chips. The fish was tasty but the batter was a bit soggy. I got spoiled on British fish & chips and have not been able to find the same quality in the States. This was no exception. However, save room for the banana cream pie!! Well worth the trip. Prices were reasonable for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLauraDined on 9/30/2013Wonderful staff, great bartender, beautiful view on patio. We sat outside and had a yummy meal. We are from reno and had no idea what we were in store for. We had the dry aged rib eye ---- spectacular!!! Wonderful sides also, everything was excellent quality abd a very memoriable dinner. Fun knowledgable waiter. Great guy. THANK YOU!!! LauraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Copter pilotCoptermanVIPDined on 9/28/2013Had a very enjoyable evening dining outside with exceptional views of the skyline and boat traffic on the Chicago River. The service was attentive and the menu selection was also creative. When the season is right, it's a great location to enjoy what Chicago has to offer.Special Features:
- Great viewsgbabiesDined on 9/27/2013The location is ideal! Our party ordered steaks medium rare but all the steaks came back well done. I would recommend this spot for the great location and ambience but would steer clear of the steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedTCHAVIPDined on 9/25/2013Had a friend in town so wanted to take her to someplace new. Went to Fulton's and had a great bar experience, but for dinner we were somewhat underwhelmed. The waiter had a difficult time explaining the oysters and items on the menu - and was primarily focused on the steaks, which we were not in the mood for. We decided to have a bowl of Lobster Bisque (which was so incredible I wanted to lick the bowl clean) and then go. The Lobster Bisque was excellent...everything else experience wise was not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerEatinggoodDined on 9/21/2013Food was amazing. Service was amazing. Would love to go again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ambience and food!!!dine2wineVIPDined on 9/20/2013You can't get a more beautiful view on the Chicago River!!! The food was outstanding and our waiter was great and very friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect 40th Birthday Dinner!!KiKiDined on 9/20/2013I brought my boyfriend there for his 40th birthday and we had a good time. The mood was nice & the server was great and attentive as well. We would recommend this establishment to others!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.