205 East 75th Street
New York, NY 10021Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fultonnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122886600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday 11:30am - 3:00pm; Sunday 10:30 am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jacob Barrios
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fulton
Named after the legendary Fulton Fish Market, a bustling hub for International and local seafood, formerly located on Manhattan's Waterfront, Fulton continues the tradition of offering New Yorkers market fresh seafood in a timeless setting. Fulton's combination of rich wood, deep chocolate leather, and exposed brick walls creates a welcoming neighborhood atmosphere that conjures up the warmth of Old New York. Using the highest quality and freshest ingredients, Fulton's menu has a tempting mix of new and innovative dishes as well as updated classics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fulton reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)great for outdoor dining (27)fit for foodies (20)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (10)special occasion (9)romantic (8)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great SeafoodJaySeaDined on 8/7/2014I went here for restaurant week, and was pleased with my dining experience. The main course (seared tuna) was a little disappointing, but the grilled octopus and tiramisu were outstanding. I was able to get a great bottle of wine for a very reasonable price, and the service was very good. I'd happily recommend this restaurant to someone searching for upscale seafood.Special Features:
- Limited Menu & Pricey But NiceBobbieVIPDined on 8/7/2014it's a change to find a neighborhood restaurant that isn't filled to the rafters and is good. My fault is that there are few choices on the menu and it's Upper East Side prices are displayed, but it is nice to not have to scream over the din and there are plenty of two tables which do not feel squeezed in. Friec calamari was warm,soft and delicious. I will go back.Special Features:
- DisappointedNYCBirthday31Dined on 8/3/2014We were seated immediately, but took a bit to get our drinks and menus. The bread was not fresh. It was my fiancé's 31st birthday (his first in New Work) and they didn't allow us to substitute the tuna tartare for another appetizer. I understand it's restaurant week, but ONE substitution of the same price for a special occasion should not have been a big deal. Very nice service, but overall the restaurant was highly overrated.Special Features:
- Nice date spotRenneeDined on 7/31/2014Food is wonderful! Nice atmosphere . The Gazpacho was tasteful. Good place to sit and chat. Not too noisy. Simple but nicely decoratedSpecial Features:
- bobbarbaraVIPDined on 7/29/2014Initially my friend and I made a reservation for lunch at Fulton and intended to take advantage of the Restaurant Week menu. However, neither one of us was hungry enough to order the three courses which were certainly appealing. We both decided to order the fish burger, a combination of three different kinds of fish accompanied by a salad. We enjoyed and were satisfied with our choice. The restaurant is attractive and the service was attentive and courteous. It was a bit too warm and humid to eat outside on the day we dined, but the outside dining space was attractive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little TreaureOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014What a great experience! First time here, we went with friends for a birthday meal on a Sunday, early evening and couldn't have asked for better. Venue inside was beautifully decorated and although we were a table in the middle of the room it felt spacious, the servers/ wait staff had no problem scooting round us to provide fantastic service. The food was delicious and very well presented, wait staff were attentive without encroaching on our conversation. We had originally booked due to restaurant week, it didn't matter, the menu was very reasonably priced and we ended up making choices from the a la carte menu anyway. Overall a terrific first time experience and would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Neighborhood casualN45STVIPDined on 7/27/2014We went for Sunday brunch and the atmosphere was pleasant with large tables and big windows that let the light in. Food was kind of average - not memorable - and pretty sparse. Everything is a la carte and you need to order a starter to have a satisfying meal. Staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made to feel welcomeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014The attitude of Fulton is great - service is attentive at just the right level. Nice cozy atmosphere without feeling crowded - kudos! Even cookies at the door as you leave :)Special Features:
- Good Food Reasonably PricedDisappointingVIPDined on 7/24/2014Fish was moist and delicious, staff was friendly and attentive. I found this restaurant during Restaurant Week and I will return again.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekJMmmDined on 7/22/2014Dishes ordered at the table included: Blue Point oysters, grilled octopus, heirloom gazpacho, skate wing with chickpea puree and roasted vegetables, shrimp and pesto pasta, seared tuna with basmati rice and asian vegetables, and apple tart. The tuna was a little bland but overall everything was delicious. Comparing the restaurant week price fix cost of dinner to the plates individually, there was no cost benefit.Special Features:
- Rest Week Lunch at FultonSTEVEVIPDined on 7/22/2014This is the best Rest Week meal that I have ever received. I have already rebooked so my wifecan enjoy Fulton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive and not worth itFrequentUESdinerVIPDined on 7/20/2014Painfully in attentive service, minuscule portions, $4 for two pieces of cold toast. Definitely has gone way down hill. Will not return.
- morrieVIPDined on 7/9/2014Service was great and waiter most helpful in explaining the various dishes. The fish was quite fresh, and tastefully prepared. Prices were quite reasonable for the quality of food.Special Features:
- excellent for seafoodDeidz60VIPDined on 7/2/2014Nice selection of seafood. The arctic char was delicious. Great Upper East Side choice for a high- quality, no- drama meal. Very friendly service. Will be on the rotation, for sure. reasonable prices, too.Special Features:
- marciaDined on 6/28/2014everything we ordered was delicious the outdoor tables are on a pretty side street little traffic and a very enjoyable evening...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemShermanDined on 6/28/2014The seafood is fresh…. We were surprised and disappointed when our server informed us that they ran out of Sea Bass, on the Saturday night. However, the snapper, branzino and char fish were excellent.Special Features:
- Fresh food and a warm welcomePoetessDined on 6/25/2014My friend and I had a delightful dinner in our neighborhood at Fulton. Our server was very attentive and gave us good advice when we asked for it. We shared everything, from a fresh octopus appetizer to savory lobster pot pie and generously portioned soft shell crabs. Our wines, an albarino and a prosecco, were delicious. We appreciated never having to ask to have our water glasses refilled or to have to flag down someone for something extra because all the staff came by from time to time to make sure we had what we needed. It was a very warm evening, but the restaurant was comfortably air-conditioned, not so cold that I needed to put on the sweater that I had brought along.Special Features:
- Definitely a child friendly placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2014Just dined there on Father's Day. Our group was six adults, an active toddler in a high chair and an infant in a stroller. The staff was wonderful and tried very hard to be accomodating. For example, our server asked if we wanted to order for the toddler first and then brought her food out very quickly. Food was very good and everyone was happy with their meal. Overall, it was a very pleasant dining experience. I only wished that we could have sat outside but they sadly do not take large groups.Special Features:
- Great wine; nice atmosphereSBLKgnDined on 6/11/2014The menu was intriguing -- there were many dishes I would have liked to try. I loved the arctic char with peas, mushrooms, and pea shoots that I chose. We ordered our wine by the glass -- one sauvignon blanc and one French chardonnay -- and each tried the other's and they were both excellent: lovely bouquet and complex flavors. Our reservation was at 6:15 and the restaurant was lively but not noisy.Special Features:
- FISH!dragonflyVIPDined on 6/7/2014If your looking for fresh fish than this restaurant won't disappoint! Service is excellent although can be a bit noisy. Maybe not the place for a quiet and romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stuck insideStuckinsideDined on 6/5/2014I requested an outdoor table and the couple checking in right before us (they did not have a reservation) were given the last outdoor table. We were on time (5 minutes early) for our reservation. Very annoying and based on that I would not return.
- AnneSDined on 6/3/2014I've been to Fulton many times. The service is very nice from the minute you walk in to when leave with a little package of delicious cookies. They are attentive, fish is excellent and their bread and deserts are also very good.Special Features:
- DEFINITELY impressed with FultonSuprinaVIPDined on 6/3/2014Our meals were beyond our expectations. Dining in NYC can often be tedious.....NOT THIS PLACE! Quality ingredients made with a deft and inspired hand. Served with grace and enthusiasm. Service was an attentive and focused young man who was serious about making sure we enjoyed our meals. All around very IMPRESSIVE.Special Features:
- The following 565 reviews are from the Fulton reviews archive.
- Should be betterRH13VIPDined on 5/21/2014Food is good - portions too small. Way overpriced.
- stanVIPDined on 5/16/2014We had a disappointing experience with the reservation. After making the OPen Tabler reservation, we called to reserve a specific table for our 6 PM reservation. When we got there there were only 2 table in use and one was the table we had reserved. When we complained the hostess, in a not particularly pleasant way, said that someone may have given the table away while she was busy. No apology. In her view we were at fault for asking for a specific table and upsetting her practice.
- InsurancemanVIPDined on 5/12/2014Food was good, service okay, air conditioning not working on a warm muggy night put a damper on things. Busboy losing the takeout order and no one caring really took the joy out of the evening
- fresh and inventiveagentladyDined on 4/30/2014Great taste... excellent service. Comfortable atmosphere. Artfully presented! thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In Love with Fultonmu908Dined on 4/19/2014Love everything about the place! The service was excellent, attentive yet allowing for guests' privacy. Food was out of this world; ambience friendly, welcoming, cozy, stylish without being pretentious. Fulton is on our list of restaurants to visit regularly. We will be back.Special Features:
- seafood wonderfulJeanVIPDined on 4/8/2014We'd expect the seafood to be good; after all, Fulton's is a child of Citarella. It is also a very comfortable place for a long lunch with friends. Partly though because it isn't very full. We come often, and only a couple of times have more than a third of the tables been taken. My greatest worry is that, with so few customers, it will close. Which would be a great loss to the neighborhood.Special Features:
- solid yummy foodMaureenVIPDined on 4/2/2014Great wines, yummy food. A great local place on the upper east side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceuesdinerDined on 4/2/2014Great oysters (pricey at $3/ea but there is a happy hour that drops the price to $1/ea). Terrific service. Not an overwhelming menu but everything you'd need. We sat at the windows but it looks like a nice place to sit outside and have a drink and a bite. looks like the locals love the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood spot!UESgalVIPDined on 3/30/2014Fresh fish nicely prepared and other entrees. The menu is not long but has something to please everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and TastyStringsriderVIPDined on 3/28/2014Very impressive seafood, excellently prepared and served by friendly, knowledgeable staff in a lovely room. Fulton is not inexpensive, but it delivers real vue for the price. There are more expensive places that do not do nearly as good a job of providing an excellent all around experience. We will surely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixedbuttonsDined on 3/22/2014Food and service were fine but loud noise from the very close bar area intrudes on the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fabulous. TheLynnDined on 3/22/2014The food was fabulous. The noise level was absolutely offensive. We will not go back unless something is done to spare the diners from the noise. It was quieter outside the restaurant.Special Features:
- keep the tables empty!AudreyVIPDined on 3/20/2014We requested a quiet table against the back wall as my husband is hard of hearing. Told they could not promise a specific table but would try their best to fill our request. On arrival, no empty tables against the back wall so we were given a side table which was very noisy. We requested another table in a semi-alcove and were told, despite repeated requests, that the area was being held for 2 parties of 2. We were still denied a move despite our tables being also able to handle 2 parties of 2 and there being many empty tables in the restaurant. Finally after our many requests, we were moved to the alcove. When leaving amid many empty tables, were told by the manager that the requested was very complicated for them to meet???
- Charming RestaurantGourmet007VIPDined on 3/16/2014My husband and I made reservations here after a Sunday afternoon visit to a museum. We found the restaurant delightful. The food and service was great! We will return again when in that neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CasualOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/10/2014A nice place, nice people, the decor is sad... There is no table cloth... Would have made an amazing difference . It's expensive, the food is ok... But the ambiance is meak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost its wayedizioniDined on 3/6/2014This restaurant used to have really great food... not anymore. Appetizer okay; entre poor, dessert very good. On balance a "fair" overall.
- An adult restaurantJanDVIPDined on 3/4/2014Fulton is all about quality food, especially fish. Its not about noise or 'being seen'. the fish is the freshest in the city as it is supplied by Citarella fish market, and everything else is of comparable quality. The noise level is civilized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.