Fulton Market Kitchen
311 North Sangamon
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Fulton Market Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fultonmarketkitchen.com/
- Phone: 3127336900x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday- Friday: 5:00pm-2:00am, Saturday: 5:00pm-3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kyle Peterson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fulton Market Kitchen
Fulton Market Kitchen’s imaginative cuisine embraces global influences and advocates relaxed, free-form dining. Developed by James Gottwald (Monti's, Sunda, Rockit) and Kyle Petersen (Ceres' Table, Naha), the menu offers guests an alternative experience with playful presentations and ingredients sourced from their neighbors along Fulton Market Street.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Fulton Market Kitchen - Best Restaurants in West Loop ›
Fulton Market Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (73)fit for foodies (70)vibrant bar scene (60)good for groups (52)neighborhood gem (39)special occasion (35)late-night find (28)romantic (19)notable wine list (13)scenic view (5)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Service was not greatDeborahDined on 9/19/2014We ordered several appetizers. The server came back and said he wanted to take thermal order too to assure everything would come out in timely way. Our potato apps never came out. When we questioned him he said oh it was part of the meal (a side dish) that came with 2 of the entrees. We said fine but it was listed under apps so we wanted them as apps. But since main meals were out it was too. There were 6 people in our group . 5 of our entrees came out while the 6 th entree didn't come out until the rest of us were finished 20 minutes later!!! This entree that came out so late was the halibut which 2 of us got 20 minutes earlier. That same person had ordered an entree and it never came out until his meal came out! What a disaster!Special Features:
- ImpressedChicagodogsforeverDined on 9/15/2014Food killed it. Snapper for 2 was so fun. We ate the eyeballs. Service was on point from the host to the server to the busboy. Will be returning no doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!ChefB65Dined on 9/15/2014We had 8 people in our group and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Kelly at the bar was awesome! A true professional, knowing not only the mixology part of the menu, but the best things from the kitchen, too! I will definitely return in the near future! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can't hear youOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014Food is great but it is impossible to carry on a conversation. The noise level is deafening because of the absence of sound absorbing material. Too bad because it is a foodie haven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great drinks, food could be bettergoodtimesDined on 9/12/2014Cocktails were great! ..but the food could be better. Everything tasted bland, octopus was too charred.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/5/2014After reading the reviews, and enjoying the other restaurants that both the Culinary Director and Chef have been associated with, we were disappointed with our dining experience. The building is unique and nicely decorated but dark and noisy for dining. We had the suckling pig which I would have expected to be moist and tasty, but it wasn't. Our table was so small when the food runner brought our pig and side cauliflower dishes that wouldn't fit, he looked at us to do something, maybe a bigger table would help. Waitress was friendly, didn't know what rums the bar has and not very attentive.
- Modern/edgy and funHonestDinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014Great cocktail menu. Interesting menu options. Roasted cauliflower was simple and great. Dessert menu needs to be improved upon. I'd guess it may be a future Michelin bib gourmand it they continue to polish the menu. The true draw is the decor and vibe of the entire restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommendkikiDined on 8/27/2014amazing space with lots of artwork, great food, awesome drinks!Special Features:
- larwDined on 8/23/2014Had a reservation for 8:15, arrived about 3 minutes late and they literally took 45 minutes to seat us. We were seated at 9pm. Didn't apologize. We had to actually ask them again at 9pm what the hold up was...Rude service. Definitely more a club scene than restaurant. Service was horrible. They actually removed our fork and knife from our app plates (with their obviously dirty hands that are clearing dirty dishes?!) and placed back onto the table for our entrees. REALLY? Can't they afford to give new silverware after the apps and salad course? You'd think so. The best part was the suckling pig and the smelts.Special Features:
- Chicago's Newest Treasurekk32VIPDined on 8/22/2014I'm so in love this space and how it has been transformed into an amazing restaurant and art gallery. It's not often that you find a restaurant as hip and cool as this that has such culinary flare. From appetizers-dinner-deserts the sauces really took the show! I'm looking forward to going back and can't wait to see how this place continues to evolve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Space, Great Cocktailscivrj1Dined on 8/19/2014Way off the beaten path, but right around the corner. The interior is awesome. The service was outstanding. The cocktail menu is particularly good and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad attitude unfriendly waitressnothavingitDined on 8/19/2014We ordered two beers hipster beers and the waitress then took our menus away? its true we had to ask her how to read the menu. She expected us to know, but we hadn't even gotten a hello from her. But it was our first time! We were struck by how rude she was we didn't even warm up to us after I repeatedly asked her questions. After working in the service industry for years we still tipped her 20% but couldn't believe her attitude. We ordered the suckling pig. When asking about the sauce our food runner didn't really know how to answer what was in it? We realized it was a very rich dish, perhaps too rich we would have enjoyed it more with something to soak up that fat. Perhaps a nice piece of cornbread, or hawaiian bread would pair well.
- Kahlil HoganOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Great food, great service! We enjoyed the ambience and art work on the walls. Especially liked the drink options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HanaVIPDined on 8/15/2014It's really slow at service our waiter chatting with another table for 20 mins when we waiting to get our credit process ..and no one else help us.. She came back and say things to us like nothing happened ...great restaurant but i think improved service to get 5 starsSpecial Features:
- Good experienceKaiyDined on 8/13/2014Great ambiance, decor was beautiful, drinks were good. I highly recommend the scallops and grilled octopus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool PlaceTjackDined on 8/13/2014Great place, great service, and very good food. Loved the look and feel of the restaurant. The food was very good. Not a big menu, but a bit of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIGSSiderVIPDined on 8/7/2014good food VERY LOUD nice very busy. the octopus and suckling pig is greatSpecial Features:
- They NEVER let me down!!JeremyVIPDined on 8/6/2014I have been a frequent visitor to FMK...and each time is awesome!!! From the food, the drink to the ART...just stellar!Special Features:
- Great food. Awesome placeDonDDined on 7/30/2014It is a very unique concept. The food is delicious. It is a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing but designMarylDined on 7/26/2014The food is extremely overrated,however there is an interesting taste in a few items.Service is rude,some seating areas are not even suitable for seating.Special Features:
- Fun at Fulton MarketschaplinDined on 7/19/2014Every one in our four person group LOVED the food. Each dish was presented in a fun way and was delicious.Special Features:
- Pleasant surprises at a secret spotLakeviewNeighborVIPDined on 7/19/2014This place is a little tricky to find. It's on a nondescript, empty street about 3 blocks from bustling Randolph Row, a somewhat hidden spot without many windows on the front. But inside, it's a whole other world. Beautiful, hip, modern, edgy - and that's just the decor. The cocktails are very imaginative. The food, which is seasonal, did not disappoint at all. The halibut en papillote was especially a standout, as were the fingerlings in bechamel. Good service, too. If you can find the place - don't be fooled by the desolate surroundings - you'll be glad you did.Special Features:
- Casual Fine Dining Meets Art SceneartNfoodDined on 7/16/2014I loved my experience at Fulton Market Kitchen! The filet mignon and whole red snapper dishes were both definitely something to write home about. Manager Noah Borden added to the experience, stopping by to talk with my table several times. He was sweet and charming! Definitely will return with friends.Special Features:
- Not memorableFitFoodieVIPDined on 7/16/2014The food was good and I wouldn't complain about that at all- the service however was not good. Went for a light meal and the waitress let us know she wasn't into us only ordering a few small plates by her attitude.
- Fulton MarketPogoDined on 7/15/2014First time going to Fulton Market, on the recommendation of a good friend. It's kind of tucked away, so at first I thought I was heading to a warehouse. When you open the door that feeling immediately changes, it's a visually catching experience with different art pieces in every direction. The food was first class, ordered the sweetbreads and scallops, beef tartare, the two tails, and followed everything up with the suckling pig for 2.....PORK!!!! All were delicious. The cocktail list was pretty intense with a lot of traditional-ish cocktails, The beer list is definitely for people who know about beer, which goes with the whole Foodie vibe of the Randolph Corridor. Service was good, Manager was awesome. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too bad the food is mediocrehowieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Great design, color paintings. Terrific people watching. Good concept. Poor execution. The food wasn't good. We sent the octopus back after one bite. Bad odor and very fishy taste Breaded tiny sweetbreads and scallops sounded better than tasted, bland and way too much breading. The ravioli with foie gras and the burger were good. Go for drinksSpecial Features:
- It was good, but not great.tapasloveVIPDined on 7/5/2014Would have enjoyed it more if we were seated in the main dining room. Food was decent. Not great. Pricey!!!!
- Everything artisticBiomom40VIPDined on 7/5/2014This restaurant/bar/art gallery has it all! The walls are covered with vibrant graffiti murals, superhero renditions, and an ever changing array of paintings from a variety of artists. To match the decor, beverage director Brian Sturgulewski designed an equally creative list of cocktails including a bourbon drink with Earl Gray tea infusions to a wonderful concoction of oak-barreled infused Scotch and cold pressed coffee syrup. The menu changes seasonally, so go and try something new! There was even a collection of modern boilermaker combos. The food menu is small, but has a good selection of innovative small and large plates. We enjoyed the beet carpaccio and the whole fried red snapper ( called "Goldfish for Two"). We'll-done FMK.Special Features:
- Unexpectedly very nice evening...OurManQVIPDined on 6/28/2014Admittedly, we had a 5:30 reservation, when most people are still only thinking about dinner, but Fulton Market Kitchen was a great overall experience. The art work on the restaurant wall and the bar' construction, lend themselves to conversation, as being both innovative and amusing. Our meals where simple enough in the presentations, but the flavoring and ingredients did the trick. There drink menu will require a few minutes to ponder which of the many very interesting options you'll want to try. Overall Fulton Kitchen was a great outing and I expect to be back there very soon.Special Features:
- loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/26/2014Food was super flavorful and unique. loved it. The server was very attentive and suggested a few great options.Special Features:
- Great Birthday Dinner!BigGGeorgeTitoDined on 6/23/2014Celebrated my birthday here a few days ago, and it was honestly one of the best dining experiences I've had in a long time. Our server Rachel was sweet and very good at her job. The food was amazing and getting my drink (Ricky Bobby) in an old McDonalds Peanuts collectible glass from when I was a kid was pretty cool. Make sure you try the suckling pig for two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool backdrop, cooler foodSullyLoverVIPDined on 6/23/2014What an artistic marvel, FMK is! I could walk around and look at the art in there all day. I love that there is NOTHING nearby and it's 3 blocks from my home, so I can hopefully make this my neighborhood watering hole. The food was fantastic. Lucy, our server was incredibly knowledgeable and courteous, as well as very attentive. Drinks were delightful too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but timing issuesFringeDined on 6/21/2014The atmosphere & food at FMK are excellent. However, kitchen clearly has a timing issue that needs to be fixed for this restaurant to be successful. We have been here twice now. 1st was a party of 2, and 1 of the main dishes was late. We thought maybe the dish was misfired. The 2nd time, we were 5. For 2 of us, the 2nd plate came out before the 1st plate. Then, 2 people got their main course while the other 3 waited over 15 minutes for theirs! 1 of the missing dishes was exactly the same as 1 that arrived (& that the table behind us got while we were waiting for it to arrive). Manager comped the problem dishes (at other tables too), but it shouldn't have happened. Wait staff was great, clearly back of house problem. Hire an expediter asap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fulton Market- A Good FindShelbyLDined on 6/21/2014I made a reservation for dinner for five people at Fulton Market. The decor and mood of the place is fantastic! The food was good, but there are quite a few kinks for management to smooth out. A few of the cocktail drinks we selected from the menu were discontinued but still listed. The goldfish for 2 was huge and delicious, and the fingerling potatoes in bechamel and bleu cheese sauce were a hit. The flounder was a bit bland. The lobster broth it comes in adds flavor to the fish, but they definitely should serve bread with it so you can sop it up. Our server was definitely rushed- she walked away in the middle of us placing our order! She also served us the wrong sides and they had to be sent back. Still a great experience, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Food in a Fun SpacelivetoeatDined on 6/19/2014Went here with another couple. We had an amazing time. The artsy decor grabbed our attention from the moment we walked in. Our server was very attentive and gave great suggestions to us newcomers. I would highly recommend the Goldfish for two (whole red snapper); it was absolutely delicious. They have tons of fun cocktails. Can't wait until the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JenniferVIPDined on 6/17/2014Happy surprise! Many vegetarian offerings and not over sauced and too rich. Nice selection of fish for summer. Very small menu but well done.Special Features:
- for young adults onlychicagopeteVIPDined on 6/13/2014strictly for young people who think large mixed drinks, a lot of noise, huge wall decorations which they mistake for paintings and food that is avg at best make for a memorial restaurant experience
- Cool spot, good foodPicnicOnThirdDined on 6/12/2014Wasn't sure what to expect, since this place is clearly riding on the growing popularity of street art. However, the place was done well, and the food was actually fantastic and not overpriced (relatively). Great cocktails as well, and very well timed service. The two of us ordered 4 dishes (all to share) and they coursed it out perfectly. Beet carpaccio was excellent, as was the skatewing. Would go again!Special Features:
- Great placeL1d1Dined on 6/12/2014I've been here twice and the food is very good. The small canvas appetizers can't be beat. My favorites are the beet carpaccio and the fingerling potatoes. The larger entres have been good but not spectacular. The drinks are very good and there is a large selection. The atmosphere, ambiance and service are excellent. Whenever I bring people they are always impressed.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceJoelikestoeatDined on 6/10/2014We sat down at our table and a waitress didn't come to our table for around 30 minutes. I finally had to ask the hostess if we could have a waitress come and take our order. After that it took forever for the drinks/food to come. I guess they had a big party going on in one of the private rooms but we just ordered small appetizers.Special Features: