Fulton Market Kitchen
311 North Sangamon
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Fulton Market Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fultonmarketkitchen.com/
- Phone: 3127336900x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday- Friday: 5:00pm-2:00am, Saturday: 5:00pm-3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kyle Peterson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fulton Market Kitchen
Fulton Market Kitchen’s imaginative cuisine embraces global influences and advocates relaxed, free-form dining. Developed by James Gottwald (Monti's, Sunda, Rockit) and Kyle Petersen (Ceres' Table, Naha), the menu offers guests an alternative experience with playful presentations and ingredients sourced from their neighbors along Fulton Market Street.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Fulton Market Kitchen - Best Restaurants in West Loop ›
Fulton Market Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (75)hot spot (73)good for groups (67)vibrant bar scene (58)neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (36)late-night find (30)romantic (18)notable wine list (12)scenic view (5)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Not a restaurantFLB7686VIPDined on 10/25/2014Food: just ok and overpriced. Service: awful. The entrees arrived while we were eating the appetizers. Then we wait 40 minutes for a drink and the dessert. Ambiance: noisy. Drinks: good. If you want to go there, go there for a drink after a dinner in a real restaurant.
- Fun nightLaurenGDined on 10/25/2014I was with a group of 4. We ordered 2 snacks, 2 primary canvas plates, 2 second canvas plates, and 2 desserts. I thought all the food was great. My husband was still hungry when we got home. Our group favorites were the mushroom ravioli with foie and the lamb. The pot de creme was really good. The halibut, cauliflower and two tails were also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/25/2014The food is good as is the atmosphere but the service is awful and ruined the meal.
- excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The food here was excellent and they had an extensive and fun cocktail list. The service was good as well and our waiter really knew the menu. However, the place was really noisy and full of too many hipsters checking their phones and taking pictures of each other. If you can get past that, the food is worth it.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyckiesVIPDined on 10/18/2014This place is completely over priced compared to other great restaurants in Chicago. The service was not good and the food was not up to par. Don't waste your time here.
- Lively and interestingCloverMayVIPDined on 10/18/2014Came on a Saturday night with 2 grown sons. The tables are close together and we often felt we had the waiter for the neighboring table overhanging our's frequently. However, the warehouse neighborhood and interesting decor made up for it. Very interesting unique drink menu made it difficult to choose. My meat-eating sons loved the steak tartare and suckling pig for two.
- Off Nightjdtitus79Dined on 10/13/2014We took some clients to the restaurant on a Monday night. We had been there before with another client, and everything was great. This time around, it seemed like the staff wan't in sync. Our waiter took our drink order. They were out of a couple of the beers that we tried to order, which is not uncommon due to the seasonality of some beers. However, he had no knowledge of the liquor offerings when we tried to order drinks. The food was pretty good, but it seemed better on the previous visit. Halfway through out meal, the waiter disappeared, and the bar tender began waiting on us, which seemed really odd. They were also out of one of the deserts that we tried to order. It just didn't seem like the restaurant was being very well managed.Special Features:
- Room for improvementBas123VIPDined on 10/11/2014Wine Menu short and really expensive. Cocktail menu poor really short. Service average. Food is really good and it is a great venue for a drink before or after dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, decor, servicekirstjenVIPDined on 10/11/2014This is a very cool restaurant. The first thing you notice is the art. The walls are painted by a graffiti artist & are a lot of fun. We were seated promptly. Great cocktail started the meal. Mushroom ravioli with foie gras - OMG was that good! Halibut en papillote was perfect. I finished my meal with some yellow chartreuse (I splashed a little water into it, and it bloomed into a violet bouquet!) and pot de creme. Great service throughout the meal, with spot-on suggestions from the waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service lacks professionalismOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/10/2014Waiter was very good, but did not appear frequently enough. Waiter helpers had no idea how to clear / serve a table, putting incoming plates on top of previous course plates !Special Features:
- FoodieFoodieDined on 10/10/2014Once you find the place in a meat packing district you enter a converted warehouse to a very edgy and artsy ambiance. The waiter was knowlegable about the menu and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotLuv2eatDined on 10/8/2014Beautiful location! Great ambiance and spectacular cocktails! The food is nothing less than great. If you're looking for a relaxed time come during the week. If you're looking for a party Fulton Market Kitchen has the best weekend scene. We had great service and a great time we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great decor!Chifoodie7VIPDined on 10/6/2014Good food and very coool place...service can be a little slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- br1600Dined on 10/2/2014The food was excellent. the 'goldfish for two' [fried whole Snapper] was outstanding but … the restaurant is noisy - and because we ate there mid-week and it was raining slightly it was half emptySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overhyped diningKarl4321VIPDined on 10/2/2014I heard a lot of positive comments about this restaurant so I decided to try it - I must say I was very dissapointed. The food was undercooked and cold, service was very very slow and no the restaurant was not busy at all....rather empty for 7pm on Thursday night. I will not be going back :-(Special Features:
- Service was not greatDeborahDined on 9/19/2014We ordered several appetizers. The server came back and said he wanted to take thermal order too to assure everything would come out in timely way. Our potato apps never came out. When we questioned him he said oh it was part of the meal (a side dish) that came with 2 of the entrees. We said fine but it was listed under apps so we wanted them as apps. But since main meals were out it was too. There were 6 people in our group . 5 of our entrees came out while the 6 th entree didn't come out until the rest of us were finished 20 minutes later!!! This entree that came out so late was the halibut which 2 of us got 20 minutes earlier. That same person had ordered an entree and it never came out until his meal came out! What a disaster!Special Features:
- ImpressedChicagodogsforeverDined on 9/15/2014Food killed it. Snapper for 2 was so fun. We ate the eyeballs. Service was on point from the host to the server to the busboy. Will be returning no doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!ChefB65Dined on 9/15/2014We had 8 people in our group and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Kelly at the bar was awesome! A true professional, knowing not only the mixology part of the menu, but the best things from the kitchen, too! I will definitely return in the near future! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can't hear youOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014Food is great but it is impossible to carry on a conversation. The noise level is deafening because of the absence of sound absorbing material. Too bad because it is a foodie haven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great drinks, food could be bettergoodtimesDined on 9/12/2014Cocktails were great! ..but the food could be better. Everything tasted bland, octopus was too charred.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/5/2014After reading the reviews, and enjoying the other restaurants that both the Culinary Director and Chef have been associated with, we were disappointed with our dining experience. The building is unique and nicely decorated but dark and noisy for dining. We had the suckling pig which I would have expected to be moist and tasty, but it wasn't. Our table was so small when the food runner brought our pig and side cauliflower dishes that wouldn't fit, he looked at us to do something, maybe a bigger table would help. Waitress was friendly, didn't know what rums the bar has and not very attentive.
- Modern/edgy and funHonestDinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014Great cocktail menu. Interesting menu options. Roasted cauliflower was simple and great. Dessert menu needs to be improved upon. I'd guess it may be a future Michelin bib gourmand it they continue to polish the menu. The true draw is the decor and vibe of the entire restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommendkikiDined on 8/27/2014amazing space with lots of artwork, great food, awesome drinks!Special Features:
- larwDined on 8/23/2014Had a reservation for 8:15, arrived about 3 minutes late and they literally took 45 minutes to seat us. We were seated at 9pm. Didn't apologize. We had to actually ask them again at 9pm what the hold up was...Rude service. Definitely more a club scene than restaurant. Service was horrible. They actually removed our fork and knife from our app plates (with their obviously dirty hands that are clearing dirty dishes?!) and placed back onto the table for our entrees. REALLY? Can't they afford to give new silverware after the apps and salad course? You'd think so. The best part was the suckling pig and the smelts.Special Features:
- Chicago's Newest Treasurekk32VIPDined on 8/22/2014I'm so in love this space and how it has been transformed into an amazing restaurant and art gallery. It's not often that you find a restaurant as hip and cool as this that has such culinary flare. From appetizers-dinner-deserts the sauces really took the show! I'm looking forward to going back and can't wait to see how this place continues to evolve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Space, Great Cocktailscivrj1Dined on 8/19/2014Way off the beaten path, but right around the corner. The interior is awesome. The service was outstanding. The cocktail menu is particularly good and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad attitude unfriendly waitressnothavingitDined on 8/19/2014We ordered two beers hipster beers and the waitress then took our menus away? its true we had to ask her how to read the menu. She expected us to know, but we hadn't even gotten a hello from her. But it was our first time! We were struck by how rude she was we didn't even warm up to us after I repeatedly asked her questions. After working in the service industry for years we still tipped her 20% but couldn't believe her attitude. We ordered the suckling pig. When asking about the sauce our food runner didn't really know how to answer what was in it? We realized it was a very rich dish, perhaps too rich we would have enjoyed it more with something to soak up that fat. Perhaps a nice piece of cornbread, or hawaiian bread would pair well.
- Kahlil HoganOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Great food, great service! We enjoyed the ambience and art work on the walls. Especially liked the drink options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HanaVIPDined on 8/15/2014It's really slow at service our waiter chatting with another table for 20 mins when we waiting to get our credit process ..and no one else help us.. She came back and say things to us like nothing happened ...great restaurant but i think improved service to get 5 starsSpecial Features:
- Good experienceKaiyDined on 8/13/2014Great ambiance, decor was beautiful, drinks were good. I highly recommend the scallops and grilled octopus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool PlaceTjackDined on 8/13/2014Great place, great service, and very good food. Loved the look and feel of the restaurant. The food was very good. Not a big menu, but a bit of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIGSSiderVIPDined on 8/7/2014good food VERY LOUD nice very busy. the octopus and suckling pig is greatSpecial Features:
- They NEVER let me down!!JeremyVIPDined on 8/6/2014I have been a frequent visitor to FMK...and each time is awesome!!! From the food, the drink to the ART...just stellar!Special Features:
- Great food. Awesome placeDonDDined on 7/30/2014It is a very unique concept. The food is delicious. It is a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing but designMarylDined on 7/26/2014The food is extremely overrated,however there is an interesting taste in a few items.Service is rude,some seating areas are not even suitable for seating.Special Features:
- Fun at Fulton MarketschaplinDined on 7/19/2014Every one in our four person group LOVED the food. Each dish was presented in a fun way and was delicious.Special Features:
- Pleasant surprises at a secret spotLakeviewNeighborVIPDined on 7/19/2014This place is a little tricky to find. It's on a nondescript, empty street about 3 blocks from bustling Randolph Row, a somewhat hidden spot without many windows on the front. But inside, it's a whole other world. Beautiful, hip, modern, edgy - and that's just the decor. The cocktails are very imaginative. The food, which is seasonal, did not disappoint at all. The halibut en papillote was especially a standout, as were the fingerlings in bechamel. Good service, too. If you can find the place - don't be fooled by the desolate surroundings - you'll be glad you did.Special Features:
- Casual Fine Dining Meets Art SceneartNfoodDined on 7/16/2014I loved my experience at Fulton Market Kitchen! The filet mignon and whole red snapper dishes were both definitely something to write home about. Manager Noah Borden added to the experience, stopping by to talk with my table several times. He was sweet and charming! Definitely will return with friends.Special Features:
- Not memorableFitFoodieVIPDined on 7/16/2014The food was good and I wouldn't complain about that at all- the service however was not good. Went for a light meal and the waitress let us know she wasn't into us only ordering a few small plates by her attitude.
- Fulton MarketPogoDined on 7/15/2014First time going to Fulton Market, on the recommendation of a good friend. It's kind of tucked away, so at first I thought I was heading to a warehouse. When you open the door that feeling immediately changes, it's a visually catching experience with different art pieces in every direction. The food was first class, ordered the sweetbreads and scallops, beef tartare, the two tails, and followed everything up with the suckling pig for 2.....PORK!!!! All were delicious. The cocktail list was pretty intense with a lot of traditional-ish cocktails, The beer list is definitely for people who know about beer, which goes with the whole Foodie vibe of the Randolph Corridor. Service was good, Manager was awesome. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.