Fulton Market Kitchen
311 North Sangamon
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Fulton Market Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fultonmarketkitchen.com/
- Phone: (312) 733-6900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday- Friday: 5:00pm-2:00am, Saturday: 5:00pm-3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kyle Peterson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fulton Market Kitchen
Fulton Market Kitchen’s imaginative cuisine embraces global influences and advocates relaxed, free-form dining. Developed by James Gottwald (Monti's, Sunda, Rockit) and Kyle Petersen (Ceres' Table, Naha), the menu offers guests an alternative experience with playful presentations and ingredients sourced from their neighbors along Fulton Market Street.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Fulton Market Kitchen - Best Restaurants in West Loop ›
Fulton Market Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (77)fit for foodies (75)good for groups (66)vibrant bar scene (53)neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (35)late-night find (28)romantic (19)notable wine list (13)scenic view (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Happing PlacechapelhillchuckVIPDined on 11/19/2014The bar can be loud but fun. The bartenders know their stuff, even if they cannot find an obscure scotch that was on the menu. Food is creatively presented with options for everyone. Really liked the lamb dish. Will come back for seconds.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVERBOOKEDDineInDineOutVIPDined on 11/15/2014We had an 8:15 reservation and we were seated at 9:30. They were apologizing and eventually bought us apps and a round of drinks. But this is bad management. You know when you're running an hour late. I know when I'm running an hour late. Tell me when I walk in. It's a great looking place with good food and a good vibe. The server was good, the other help wasn't as sharp.Special Features:
- Average food and poor serviceLiliDined on 11/15/2014If what you are looking for is noise, mess and average food, then this place is OK. We had made a reservation for 8:15 - table was not available until 9:15. The waitress did not take our order properly and brought back only half of the dishes. Food was average and quantities tend to be on smaller side. In fairness to them, they realized our experience was horrible so they gave us a discount on the check.Special Features:
- EDFinEDFinDined on 11/5/2014I loved everything about Fulton Market Kitchen except maybe the neighborhood (heard it's up & coming). Imaginative - the bars - large candlelabra with real candles on some of the tables, murals, paintings! Separate rooms for special parties. Higher than high ceilings but still a warm feeling. Delicious food. I don't drink so can't speak to the drinks or wine, but my nieces seemed enthusiastic about both.Special Features:
- Eh...JBChiVIPDined on 11/5/2014Not our favorite. Cool vibe with a neo-comic book pop-up art rustic lux theme. Very very interesting drink menu. I would be open to coming back for a cocktail. Menu reads well, but I would say closer to a home cooked meal that was done well versus a professional chef/restaurant quality. Especially for the price. Was really hoping this would be an off the Randolph row path spot, but likely will not be returning.Special Features:
- just okgreenDined on 11/4/2014So I had heard from a coworker when asked about a great city restaurant to take an out of town guest, he raved about Fulton Market Kitchen. I went to the web site and the place looked fabulous. I had the suckling pig that everyone recommended, my daughter had the octopus and my guest had the rye crusted salmon. We had the beets for an appetizer. Over all I was fairly underwhelmed with the food. The suckling pig was extremely fatty and lacked flavor. The service was fine, but everything just tasted a bit flat. For the price point of the restaurant, I need to be wowed and I wasn't. The art was great and interesting to look at, but I wasn't there for that. I cannot recommend this place.
- Goldfish for TwoA2D2Dined on 11/3/2014Great spot - fantastic tasting apps and entres. Deep whiskey menu. Great spot to meet up with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool vibetrishDined on 11/1/2014First plus - we waited only about 10 minutes for our reservation. Bartender was great despite being slammed with a full bar. Between the 3 of us we sampled 10 different items, all good. The suckling pig was amazing. The interior space was outrageous - couldn't get enough of it. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked away, but worth finding!shabbyskid1Dined on 10/30/2014This was my first time dining at Fulton Market Kitchen. The dining room and bar are eclectic with great art work, cool lighting and excellent service. Our server was knowledgeable and gave us great suggestions on both drinks and dinner. My only complaint, was the value of the lamb dinner. The portion of lamb for $32 was nice, but there was not much else on the plate. I would rather pay a few more dollars and have some vegetables and a bit starch. My friend had the whitefish and it was excellent. I would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kind of SpecialKglion67Dined on 10/30/2014I think so many resturants are concerned with serving food that is unique and special and a bit fussy. The starters were great. Entrees ok.Special Features:
- Not a restaurantFLB7686VIPDined on 10/25/2014Food: just ok and overpriced. Service: awful. The entrees arrived while we were eating the appetizers. Then we wait 40 minutes for a drink and the dessert. Ambiance: noisy. Drinks: good. If you want to go there, go there for a drink after a dinner in a real restaurant.
- Fun nightLaurenGDined on 10/25/2014I was with a group of 4. We ordered 2 snacks, 2 primary canvas plates, 2 second canvas plates, and 2 desserts. I thought all the food was great. My husband was still hungry when we got home. Our group favorites were the mushroom ravioli with foie and the lamb. The pot de creme was really good. The halibut, cauliflower and two tails were also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/25/2014The food is good as is the atmosphere but the service is awful and ruined the meal.
- excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The food here was excellent and they had an extensive and fun cocktail list. The service was good as well and our waiter really knew the menu. However, the place was really noisy and full of too many hipsters checking their phones and taking pictures of each other. If you can get past that, the food is worth it.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyckiesVIPDined on 10/18/2014This place is completely over priced compared to other great restaurants in Chicago. The service was not good and the food was not up to par. Don't waste your time here.
- Lively and interestingCloverMayVIPDined on 10/18/2014Came on a Saturday night with 2 grown sons. The tables are close together and we often felt we had the waiter for the neighboring table overhanging our's frequently. However, the warehouse neighborhood and interesting decor made up for it. Very interesting unique drink menu made it difficult to choose. My meat-eating sons loved the steak tartare and suckling pig for two.
- Off Nightjdtitus79Dined on 10/13/2014We took some clients to the restaurant on a Monday night. We had been there before with another client, and everything was great. This time around, it seemed like the staff wan't in sync. Our waiter took our drink order. They were out of a couple of the beers that we tried to order, which is not uncommon due to the seasonality of some beers. However, he had no knowledge of the liquor offerings when we tried to order drinks. The food was pretty good, but it seemed better on the previous visit. Halfway through out meal, the waiter disappeared, and the bar tender began waiting on us, which seemed really odd. They were also out of one of the deserts that we tried to order. It just didn't seem like the restaurant was being very well managed.Special Features:
- Room for improvementBas123VIPDined on 10/11/2014Wine Menu short and really expensive. Cocktail menu poor really short. Service average. Food is really good and it is a great venue for a drink before or after dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, decor, servicekirstjenVIPDined on 10/11/2014This is a very cool restaurant. The first thing you notice is the art. The walls are painted by a graffiti artist & are a lot of fun. We were seated promptly. Great cocktail started the meal. Mushroom ravioli with foie gras - OMG was that good! Halibut en papillote was perfect. I finished my meal with some yellow chartreuse (I splashed a little water into it, and it bloomed into a violet bouquet!) and pot de creme. Great service throughout the meal, with spot-on suggestions from the waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service lacks professionalismOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/10/2014Waiter was very good, but did not appear frequently enough. Waiter helpers had no idea how to clear / serve a table, putting incoming plates on top of previous course plates !Special Features:
- FoodieFoodieDined on 10/10/2014Once you find the place in a meat packing district you enter a converted warehouse to a very edgy and artsy ambiance. The waiter was knowlegable about the menu and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotLuv2eatDined on 10/8/2014Beautiful location! Great ambiance and spectacular cocktails! The food is nothing less than great. If you're looking for a relaxed time come during the week. If you're looking for a party Fulton Market Kitchen has the best weekend scene. We had great service and a great time we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great decor!Chifoodie7VIPDined on 10/6/2014Good food and very coool place...service can be a little slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- br1600Dined on 10/2/2014The food was excellent. the 'goldfish for two' [fried whole Snapper] was outstanding but … the restaurant is noisy - and because we ate there mid-week and it was raining slightly it was half emptySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overhyped diningKarl4321VIPDined on 10/2/2014I heard a lot of positive comments about this restaurant so I decided to try it - I must say I was very dissapointed. The food was undercooked and cold, service was very very slow and no the restaurant was not busy at all....rather empty for 7pm on Thursday night. I will not be going back :-(Special Features:
- Service was not greatDeborahDined on 9/19/2014We ordered several appetizers. The server came back and said he wanted to take thermal order too to assure everything would come out in timely way. Our potato apps never came out. When we questioned him he said oh it was part of the meal (a side dish) that came with 2 of the entrees. We said fine but it was listed under apps so we wanted them as apps. But since main meals were out it was too. There were 6 people in our group . 5 of our entrees came out while the 6 th entree didn't come out until the rest of us were finished 20 minutes later!!! This entree that came out so late was the halibut which 2 of us got 20 minutes earlier. That same person had ordered an entree and it never came out until his meal came out! What a disaster!Special Features:
- ImpressedChicagodogsforeverDined on 9/15/2014Food killed it. Snapper for 2 was so fun. We ate the eyeballs. Service was on point from the host to the server to the busboy. Will be returning no doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!ChefB65Dined on 9/15/2014We had 8 people in our group and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Kelly at the bar was awesome! A true professional, knowing not only the mixology part of the menu, but the best things from the kitchen, too! I will definitely return in the near future! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can't hear youOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014Food is great but it is impossible to carry on a conversation. The noise level is deafening because of the absence of sound absorbing material. Too bad because it is a foodie haven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great drinks, food could be bettergoodtimesDined on 9/12/2014Cocktails were great! ..but the food could be better. Everything tasted bland, octopus was too charred.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/5/2014After reading the reviews, and enjoying the other restaurants that both the Culinary Director and Chef have been associated with, we were disappointed with our dining experience. The building is unique and nicely decorated but dark and noisy for dining. We had the suckling pig which I would have expected to be moist and tasty, but it wasn't. Our table was so small when the food runner brought our pig and side cauliflower dishes that wouldn't fit, he looked at us to do something, maybe a bigger table would help. Waitress was friendly, didn't know what rums the bar has and not very attentive.
- Modern/edgy and funHonestDinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014Great cocktail menu. Interesting menu options. Roasted cauliflower was simple and great. Dessert menu needs to be improved upon. I'd guess it may be a future Michelin bib gourmand it they continue to polish the menu. The true draw is the decor and vibe of the entire restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommendkikiDined on 8/27/2014amazing space with lots of artwork, great food, awesome drinks!Special Features:
- larwDined on 8/23/2014Had a reservation for 8:15, arrived about 3 minutes late and they literally took 45 minutes to seat us. We were seated at 9pm. Didn't apologize. We had to actually ask them again at 9pm what the hold up was...Rude service. Definitely more a club scene than restaurant. Service was horrible. They actually removed our fork and knife from our app plates (with their obviously dirty hands that are clearing dirty dishes?!) and placed back onto the table for our entrees. REALLY? Can't they afford to give new silverware after the apps and salad course? You'd think so. The best part was the suckling pig and the smelts.Special Features:
- Chicago's Newest Treasurekk32VIPDined on 8/22/2014I'm so in love this space and how it has been transformed into an amazing restaurant and art gallery. It's not often that you find a restaurant as hip and cool as this that has such culinary flare. From appetizers-dinner-deserts the sauces really took the show! I'm looking forward to going back and can't wait to see how this place continues to evolve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Space, Great Cocktailscivrj1Dined on 8/19/2014Way off the beaten path, but right around the corner. The interior is awesome. The service was outstanding. The cocktail menu is particularly good and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad attitude unfriendly waitressnothavingitDined on 8/19/2014We ordered two beers hipster beers and the waitress then took our menus away? its true we had to ask her how to read the menu. She expected us to know, but we hadn't even gotten a hello from her. But it was our first time! We were struck by how rude she was we didn't even warm up to us after I repeatedly asked her questions. After working in the service industry for years we still tipped her 20% but couldn't believe her attitude. We ordered the suckling pig. When asking about the sauce our food runner didn't really know how to answer what was in it? We realized it was a very rich dish, perhaps too rich we would have enjoyed it more with something to soak up that fat. Perhaps a nice piece of cornbread, or hawaiian bread would pair well.
- Kahlil HoganOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Great food, great service! We enjoyed the ambience and art work on the walls. Especially liked the drink options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HanaVIPDined on 8/15/2014It's really slow at service our waiter chatting with another table for 20 mins when we waiting to get our credit process ..and no one else help us.. She came back and say things to us like nothing happened ...great restaurant but i think improved service to get 5 starsSpecial Features:
- Good experienceKaiyDined on 8/13/2014Great ambiance, decor was beautiful, drinks were good. I highly recommend the scallops and grilled octopus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.