Fuji Yama On 17
Lower 908 17 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2T 0A3Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: CAN$30 and under
Fuji Yama On 17
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fujiyamacalgary.com/
- Phone: 4032453854
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Francis Tam
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: FujiYama is proud to announce the launch of our Catering Service. Hosting a party or event? How does having a personal Sushi Chef there live preparing Delicious Sushi for your guests sound? We cater to homes, businesses and other venues. Contact John at 403-245-3854 for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Office Parties, Birthdays, Anniversaries, whatever the occasion, FujiYama can help you organize your party. With a 155 Seating Capacity, and many options on Menu or Seating Arrangements we can tailor your event perfectly to your liking. Contact John at 403-245-3854 for details.
- Private Party Contact: John Hua 4032453854
A word from Fuji Yama On 17
Located in the Heart of 17 Ave SW, Fuji Yama is quickly becoming a Calgary Uptown Hot Spot. With a blend of Traditional and New York City Inspired Japanese Cuisine, Fuji Yama offers a fine selection of, Ultra Fresh Sushi and Sashimi that is second to none. Head Chef and Owner, Francis Tam is considered one of Calgary's Top Sushi Chefs. Whether you're trying to impress on a first date, or hosting clients, Fuji Yama is a great choice. If you still haven't visited, make your reservation today.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fuji Yama On 17 reviews from OpenTable diners
- The Backup planDeeewreckVIPDined on 1/3/2013probably the best word to describe this place is "average" , it's one of those places youll say it was good but not great. Been coming here on and off since 2007, and have experienced the good and bad, but overall it is that place we tend to go if other places are busy. Price is ok, but with a groupon/dealfind/coupon etc... It makes it more worthwhile.Special Features:
- The sushi was excellent, asOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2012The sushi was excellent, as was the teriyaki chicken and the chicken yakisoba.Special Features:
- Consistently gooddinerVIPDined on 12/9/2012Consistently ranks as one of my top 3 picks for sushi in Calgary- great traditional rolls and lots of interesting (and delicious) features and specials.
- An Unusual ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2012Although typically a great place for a quick sushi fix, my last visit was less than satisfying. The hostess was distracted and indifferent, barely looking up from her cell phone to take my name. Before being seated, I was rudely asked if I had a Groupon (which I didn't). The wait staff was friendly but never around, they showed up about 30 minutes after the entire party arrived to take our food and drink orders, and ordering a second round of drinks was a challenge. The food arrived very late and the sushi was poorly prepared. The rolls broke apart easily and the sashimi was cut too thick -- not typical of this restaurant. Here's hoping this was a one-time blip in otherwise good service, although it may be a while before I'm back.
- Spider in food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/10/2012I found a spider in my food! And when it was pointed out to our server, she just said "sorry", can I get you another order? When we refused, she walked away. When she came back around, my father asked if we could get that taken off the bill. She looked apologetic and shrugged and said "I can try". I would have thought the server would attempt a little more enthusiasm and try to appease the customer. In the end, we did get it taken off the bill, but I had lost my appetite. The food wasn't fresh and the taste was below average. I will not come back with my family.
- We we t for girls night. ThatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012We we t for girls night. That was good food and good service. They were out of e wine we ordered but were very accommodating with what they had. The girl at the front was rude but all the other staff were great.
- The woman seating us was extreemlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2012The woman seating us was extreemly rude, ignored us and left unexplicably many times while we waited for seats. After that though, our waiter, was absolutly amazing and tried his best to get us the best service possable. The food was slow, but sushi is usually, and the place was extreemly buisy. The waiter gave us a free drink for our anniverery and another for having to wait, and we never even had to ask. The best sushi in townSpecial Features:
- Highly Reccommend for Any OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012Have been to this establishment dozens of times and have never been disappointed. Great staff and food. Great location for any day or time.Special Features:
- Hostess was rude. Was notOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/22/2012Hostess was rude. Was not greeted nicely by her. Food was ok. Beef tataki was not great - tasted like the freezer. Tempura was good.
- It seemed like our expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012It seemed like our expensive meal paid for the upscale renovation, rather than the quality of food. The less than average food quality and only acceptable service undermines the beautiful restaurant at a prime location on 17th avenue.
- Full menu including a wideOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2012Full menu including a wide range of sushi and a large selection or non-sushi eaters as well. Everything was delicious and the menu encourages the diner to try different items. The food is reasonably priced. The drink list was good too with a variety of beers and other options. The service was superb. There is an opportunity to sit at the bar to watch the sushi chefs. Even though it is located on the lower level, there is a good amount of natural light coming in through the windows and a variety of table sizes easily accommodates different groups.Special Features:
- No ServicesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/16/2012We wait for 2 hrs n only get 1 combo and the rest of the order was missing. The basement is cold.
- terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2012absolutely terrible experience. Food took hours literally and the servers were sitting around talking to each other and in cell phones instead of asking if our food was okay or if we wanted more... or refilling of water. longest time I've ever waited for food in my life.
- Nothing special. we had aMrsTasterDined on 4/1/2012Nothing special. we had a coupon so we tried it. we always go to KOTO Sushi and we love that place. The tempuras were greasy, sushi's were small and I felt the smoked salmon was not that fresh
- Good Sushi and Sushimi. IOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/1/2012Good Sushi and Sushimi. I had teryaki Salmon - very well cooked. Hubby had teryaki chicken, dark meat with skin on, a bit dry.
- Average traditional JapaneseNickiVIPDined on 3/29/2012Average traditional Japanese menu - more than just a sushi place. I did like the page of "special" items that had a modern twist to Japanese cuisine.Special Features:
- The food at Fuji Yama is soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2012The food at Fuji Yama is so delicious! They have many options on the menu - even vegetarian items, which is excellent if you don't eat seafood. It is one of my favourite sushi restaurants!Special Features:
- I wouldn't normally writeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2012I wouldn't normally write up a bad review it's just that the food took forever. My girlfriend and I ended up waiting a good 30-45 mins for my order to arrive. We were given the excuse that the tempura in the sushi would take some time to fry. I'm sorry but this isn't the fisrt time I've been to a sushi restaurant, and I've never had to wait this long for an order that had tempura in the sushi. If you want to wait long for your dinner to arrive then I would not recommend Fuji Yama on 17th.
- Good for a quick mealHannahDined on 2/10/2012First time here for us, we ordered the sushi& sashimi combo for two. It was a nice variety of food, good for a quick dinner but not spectacular sushi. They do their rolls better than some others (california, inside out, cucumber, tuna) but sashimi was not as fresh as I have had. Our waitress was friendly, showed up when she needed to and did not hover =)
- Didnt like it. Wont go back.smashed2bitzVIPDined on 2/7/2012Didnt like it. Wont go back. Sushi wasnt fresh. Service was slow. For being a new place they need to spruce up the joint - seems aged and worn down. The place was totally dead on a lunch. We got there at 1215, only 1 other table there. Says a lot.
- Ok food, but priceyYyceatsDined on 2/4/2012Food was OK but not the best in the city. For the price, there are other options in the city that offer more creative selection of rolls. The ambiance was very plain and lacked character.
- Fuji Yama was great!happygoluckyDined on 1/14/2012Food was fantastic and service was great. Atmosphere was really nice, quiet and very enjoyable. There was a lot of different menu items to choose from, took me a while to decide on lunch. Would definitely go back again :)Special Features:
- The salad that we got wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/5/2012The salad that we got was very fresh, we didn't notice one leaf that was wilting! Good portions and good price, the tofu was really well cooked. Our server ( I believe her name was Jenny) was really friendly and nice.Special Features:
- Fine quality fish & otherOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2012Fine quality fish & other fare. Prompt, knowledgeable servers. Would prefer more flexibility on the menu items, but the format for those that don't know Japanese cuisine works very well. You're guaranteed a great meal experience if you ask a few questions & get the pre-selected combos. Been there twice, would go back.
- My Cousin and I Enjoyed Ourselves!CindyHDined on 12/28/2011I live and work in the NW and don't get to dine downtown often, so when SwarmJam came out with a special for Fuji Yama On 17, I thought why not give it a try. I'm SO glad I did. The server was extremely helpful, the food was delicious and beautifully presented, and we simply had a great time. Reservations were required in this case, and I was really glad to be able to make them online through opentable.com which also sends a reminder email the day before your reservation. I'm not a telephone person, so whenever possible, I try and do things online. Our only problem was trying to find the door to get in! :o)Special Features:
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/18/2011It's been awhile since I dined there...but overall good food and service. Price range good too.Special Features:
- I have been going to FujiyamaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/26/2011I have been going to Fujiyama for a long time and the food is still great as always.Special Features:
- Very good sushi overall. PresentatiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2011Very good sushi overall. Presentation, portion sizes, freshness.Special Features: