520 S Main Street
Seattle, WA 98104Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fujisushiseattle.com/
- Phone: 2066241201
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00pm - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 9:30pm.
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fuji Sushi
We are located in the heart of Seattle's International District, where Asian culture has been embraced since Asian imigrants developed their own communities.Continued
"Japanese Authentic Cuisine" is our concept, using the finest and the freshest ingredients from Pacific Northwest and from Japan.
"Japanese Authentic Cuisine" is our concept, using the finest and the freshest ingredients from Pacific Northwest and from Japan.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Fuji Sushi - Best Restaurants in International District ›
Fuji Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (8)special occasion (8)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Worth the wait!DelishEatsDined on 8/16/2014We had a reservation for 8:30pm on a Saturday night, arrived a few minutes early and were seated immediately. It took awhile for a server to take our order, but when she did arrive she was friendly and accommodating. The place was packed. Our server said they had brought in an extra sushi chef to manage the high demand but were still behind on orders. We received some complimentary edamame for our wait, a nice touch! Our seaweed salad came out pretty quickly, but the sushi combo took between 30-40 minutes. Once it arrived, it was AMAZING. Delicious, fresh, thick cuts of fish arranged to perfection. We ordered additional sashimi (yellowtail) that melted in our mouths. I'd go back, but probably would do it on a Tuesday instead of a Saturday.Special Features:
- 95th birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014we had a great time in their private room for the 12 of us to celebrate my dad's 95th birthday. the food was tasty and the variety is wonderful. the service was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantastickurzweilDined on 8/7/2014Every single item on on the menu was above average. Great ingredients and preparationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively lunch sceneAmpersand4Dined on 7/30/2014Fuji Sushi has been around for a long time. It's a great dinner place and is open for lunch on weekdays only. Get there early or make a reservation since this a popular spot for residents and businesspeople alike. Wide selection of sushi, noodles, and other Japanese dishes. Bento lunch special comes with choice of two entrees, a salad, rice, two pieces of California roll, and miso soup. Service is efficient and the place is bustling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!SteveDined on 7/18/2014We arrived early but our table for 12 was already set up, including the high chair and booster seat. Wide variety on menu, and all the food was beautifully presented and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise sushi find in SeattleTexasmom43Dined on 7/6/2014Fuji Sushi was actually our fourth choice of restaurant when looking up sushi places. We are glad we ended up here. We found the quality of the food was really good for the money, and it was casual enough to be comfortable. We were disappointed not to be able to get into some of the more famous sushi places closer to downtown, but we ended up very happy with Fuji Sushi. Our teenage girls also enjoyed the bento boxes, and the tempura was fresh, not oily. The wait staff is very friendly and happy to serve you. It was busy for a Sunday night but we did not feel rushed at all. We love sushi from places as great as Nobu in NY, and Fuji Sushi was a pleasant sushi surprise in Seattle!Special Features:
- Great food!ChicanaFoodieDined on 6/9/2014We went for a client lunch, and it was perfect. Tons of people, but still not too noisy for us to hold our own conversation. The food was fantastic and was presented really well.Special Features:
- Best placeSeattlefriendDined on 6/1/2014We think Fuji is the best for authentic Japanese food. The crab salad from Alaskan crab was so sweet and fresh! Our sushi delicious. The Bento Boxes are so full of good food its like a feast.Special Features:
- BirdieDined on 5/31/2014Perfect for pre-game dinner with friends or family. Super deal on bento boxes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- larlizDined on 5/16/2014It is our favorite place to meet friends for lunch. The Tatami room area is great.Special Features:
- Good Place before Sounders or HawksappreciategoodrestaurantsDined on 5/3/2014Much better than garlic fries and soggy pizza at CLink. Bento dinners at $12.50 offer a nice choice of options. Bento has two entrée options plus salad, rice, miso and pickles. Place is small and nice. Also had black cod with miso which came with a salad that included asparagus and grapes $13.50. Last year this place wasn't busy before Sounders games. Now it is filling up with Sounders jerseys before the game. May soon need to get reservations....
- The following 47 reviews are from the Fuji Sushi reviews archive.
- Service was better than lastannieVIPDined on 4/10/2014Service was better than last time I went there. Last time it was about closing time for lunch and the servers just ignored the patrons that were still eating and sat and looked at their cell phones. In order to get anything more, I had to ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic JapanesetellsusanneDined on 4/5/2014So... if you feel like American maki style sushi this is not the place to be, but if you love sashimi you will get it fresh and tasty. All other dishes are authentic Japanese and really good. Nothing that stands out, nothing that offends. Best place for lunch, for dinner I strongly suggest to make reservations.Special Features:
- Great for Work LunchKarbop1Dined on 3/6/2014We eat here frequently and it's a favorite of our office. We have over 100 people and everyone seems to enjoy eating here. Good food, good prices and prompt service.Special Features:
- We were ignoredOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014Have eaten there before. Horrible service this time. Sat for nearly 15 mins and no one even came by the table. Tried to get their attention but decided to just leave
- At lunch time when I wentannieVIPDined on 2/20/2014At lunch time when I went there, I had to ask for water and tea. I think the wait staff should be more attentive and also check back with the customer during the meal.Special Features:
- Good sushi, good pricesRTHAMAKVIPDined on 2/18/2014Went with some out of town co-workers, they loved every bite. Including natto!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Spot for Sushi in the IDIDDinerDined on 1/28/2014Let me begin by saying that the food here is very good. They have a bento lunch special, which is a good value for the amount and quality of the food. I wasn't happy, however, with the slow service was last Wednesday. We waited at least 10-15 minutes before the waitress greeted us and took our order. We waited another 30 minutes before our food was served. Afterwards, we waited for our bill, but then gave up and paid up front. The waitress was not keeping an eye on the tables and keeping things moving along. That's important when customers are on their lunch hours and need to return to work. Overall, I like this restaurant and will return, but they need to speed up the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi at Seattle's BestJFBPioneerSQDined on 12/24/2013Great Sushi, priced really well and wonderful to eat. The staff is friendly and helpful it's the place that my clients from Japan want to go to while in Seattle....I take their recommendation and you too will appreciate the great authentic sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Head there for Happy Hour!KatsVIPDined on 12/18/2013An above average sushi place with a large variety of menu items not necessary sushi items. I did find the special sushi item menu very lacking. I did accidentally arrive during the evening happy hour- this allowed me to spurge on both the low priced edamame and gyoza. YAY! I sat at the bar and the sushi chefs were very personable and talented. I am always amazed at the exacting knife skills of great sushi chefs. The place was just beginning to fill for the evening as business meeting were starting to gather in clumps of 5-7 people. The atmosphere is very conducive to a low key meeting. The service was spot on attentive- water glass refilled often and several check ins. The food was very tasty,Special Features:
- Efficient & FriendlylightfootDined on 12/7/2013We made a last minute reservation but was a little late due to traffic. The service was still very friendly. Our starving kids got their food quickly and had a great time. Food was delicious and hit the spot for us, from ages 2 through 40. We'll be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fuji rocks the roll. And the bowl.dininGGDined on 11/2/2013We come here as often as possible-- Fuji has great food, a relaxed atmosphere, attentive service, and convenient parking. Bento is always a solid choice, as it has many possible configurations and is popular at lunch and dinner. But…my new favorite is chirashi. It was excellent ! Our table also shared uni, hamachi, ajji, miruga, and toro. And a Dynamite roll. And a couple of appetizers. The menu seems to have become more extensive lately, so a lot yet to try. Including veggie things. Our dining experience here, in a word--- WAY GOOD !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fuji Sushi is a hidden gemchloeVIPDined on 10/18/2013The food is incredible, you can't beat the prices, and the restaurant had a great energy to it!Special Features:
- Great Sushi SpotCoreyDined on 10/4/2013I took a large group of work colleagues to Fuji Sushi for lunch. The sushi was fantastic, try the Fuji Bento box if you are not sure what to get. It had a great mix of sushi, sashimi, and teriaki. The restaurant interior is nice, and the service was very good. I will definitely be back. It does get very crowded at lunchtime, so make a reservation if you have a large party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The noise level at lunch wasBlahDined on 9/18/2013The noise level at lunch was too loud and chaotic. It was difficult to find a waiter when it's busy like this. Maybe more staffing would help since it looks like there's only 1 waiter trying to juggle multiple things. Although reservations were made, it took about 15-20 minutes for the food to come out. Tables are seated too close together. I had to push my chair in, or scoot to left and right, just to make room for customers who were leaving. The female staff (owner?) who checked us in wasn't very friendly when we arrived 15 minutes pass our reservation time. She said she normally gives the table away if we didn't arrive in 15 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodluv2eatDined on 8/28/2013Special bento box is offered during lunch and dinner at a great price and selection. Food is always fresh and tasty. The amount of food is just right - not too much, not too little. Always look forward eating here as a treat!Special Features:
- Very well made sushiotberburVIPDined on 8/20/2013Not being a Seattle resident, I'm not familiar with the standards for sushi in that city. But the sushi preparation at Fuji was a good deal superior to what's available in the east-coast Washington DC. The rice was prepared properly and rolls were tightly rolled and correctly sized. And the fish was of excellent quality. A salmon cheek appetizer was particularly good. Service was helpful and courteous.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Sushi! The lunchesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013Exceptional Sushi! The lunches are a great value and the food is excellent. Sometimes they are so busy that the wait can be long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but..TatamiDined on 8/11/2013Was a birthday celebration but server also was also the host so waited a bit even with our reservation. The place was hopping only with two servers. Food great but understaffed service was not acceptable for the occasion. Second round of beers did not offer another chilled beer glass. Chef, manager or owner did not come greet us since we had a large group, would of been nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reserve lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2013This place would fill up fine without allowing reservations but it is so nice that they do. When you plan a business lunch, being seated on time is a bonus.Special Features:
- J town in seattleHawaiDined on 8/7/2013Was surprised to find a Japan town in seattle and pleased to have found Fuji sushi. Will definitely return if I get back to seattle. Everything was great except for the difficulty finding on street parking. Wen got into restaurant found a sign saying they had parking in the back. Wish I had known that before I parked in the pricey. City lot down the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been a regular customerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2013I've been a regular customer at Fuji Sushi for several years, and have never had a bad dining experience. The food is always high quality, and the service excellent. I especially like the salmon teriyaki and the tempura.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clean and freshThat1guyDined on 7/21/2013The Sashimi was excellent and clean tasting. The overall eating experience was wonderful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good sushihungryiDined on 7/20/2013Very good food,service, reasonable prices, free parking. Give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueArthurDined on 5/31/2013This is a place that is of great value. I had a birthday dinner there with 18 people. They were able to accommodate the space and everyone had a dinner for around $20/person before drinks. The portions were very big for that price point too. It's not very often you can find a sushi restaurant and be full for that price. The service speed was pretty good too considering we had 18 in our group. One thing I did notice was the service was a bit clumsy. That dropped 2 glasses a bowl and a few beers during the time we were there.Special Features:
- HORRIBLE SERVICE IN SEATTLEbfamDined on 5/27/2013Our reservation made days in advance still gave us the worst table in the restaurant and they would not even consider moving us. our five meals arrived in in three groups 20 minutes apart, with no acknowledgement. there seem to be no manager even though we asked repeatedly to speak to one. The good food does not out weigh being so mistreated. We will never go to Fuji sushi again.
- Good Bento LunchJulieDined on 5/10/2013The bento lunch looks good, tastes good, and has a good price. It's all good.Special Features:
- Table was ready; wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2013Table was ready; wait staff very attentive; and the food was excellent. Great value.Special Features:
- I've been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/12/2013I've been to this restaurant a number of times and will continue to return. They never disappoint.Special Features:
- Make sure you stop by!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2013Every time we pass through Seattle, we stop at Fuji Sushi. Excellent sushi and I love the Hot Califonia roll. Yum!Special Features: