Fuji Mountain Japanese Restaurant
2030 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Fuji Mountain Japanese Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fujimt.com/
- Phone: (215) 751-0939
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00am, Saturday, Sunday: 3:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian / Vegan, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Fuji Mountain Japanese Restaurant
Fuji Mountain Japanese Restaurant is the award winning Philadelphia sushi oasis. Come visit us, or if you"d like, you can order our delicious food online for delivery or take out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Fuji Mountain Japanese Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Rittenhouse Square ›
Fuji Mountain Japanese Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (15)good for groups (9)special occasion (9)neighborhood gem (8)romantic (7)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- 'nouvelle' sushisimilesDined on 11/8/2014Not your traditional japanese restaurant. Pleasant and attentive staff. Nouvelle sushi - southeast asian style. The hot sake was heavy. Good choice of sparkling wine.
- Great SushiluvgoodfoodVIPDined on 11/8/2014This was our second visit here. We really love the sushi. Incredible, different choices. We also both had noodle soups which were quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi for Group EventsKmil321VIPDined on 11/7/2014The sushi is actually very good, the scallop spicy tuna roll melts in your mouth. Great quality fish. This place is good for large parties because they don't get terribly busy. The service is also very quick! The only thing disappointing is the outdated dining furniture. The dining room is very cheaply done, it's not a fancy place to go, but the sushi is great.Special Features:
- Worth walking the extra blocksPhillyBizVIPDined on 10/24/2014Fuji is just far enough away from the business epicenter on Market street that many will pick other, closer spots before reaching here. However, it's worth the walk. Fuji is tucked away behind an unpretentious entrance, but inside it's welcoming, well laid out and comfortable. Counter service in the front, tables in the back where it's quiet and conducive to conversation. The menu is more than ample and the food is very well prepared and presented. I'll be back for certainSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely lived up to its reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Saw the reviews and gave it a try. Was happy went with the recommended "fixed price 5 courses". Especially the early courses-nothing like the "dinners" usually get. The spicy Miso soup instead of generic not only was sweat and spicy but came with straw mushrooms floating on top, perfectly cooked piece of shrimp, oyster, calamari and scallop. The salad followed-not the bland iceberg with standard dressing but mixed greens with scattered sashimi pieces-wonderful. Then the appetizer(note for each course there were ~3 choices) the salmon skin over a different set of greens. By now getting full but had the recommended mushroom sea bass-large piece of perfectly done fish. Didn't need/want dessert but enjoyed the assorted ice cream balls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tlwoccascust29Dined on 10/18/2014Sushi was excellent. Mushroom Sea Bass might have been the best sea bass I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical, bountiful, authentic!PhedrangDined on 10/17/2014We had a wonderful dinner here! The staff is extremely welcoming and friendly. The waitresses all wear Japanese traditional outfits. It's a beautiful restaurant. Some of our party did the al a carte sushi rolls, salads, and soups. I had the special $35 fixed price five course meal that was just magical. The sea bass with mushrooms just melted in my mouth. The portion was so large I had to take it home. To finish it off we had green tea ice cream. This was our first time here and we will definately be back! What a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing & DeliciousAmyLeeDined on 10/17/2014Food was delicious....service gracious and efficient. The atmosphere was extremely relaxing after a long work week.Special Features:
- Love it.LulieeDined on 9/11/2014I can't wait to go back. Loved everything about it .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 117 reviews are from the Fuji Mountain Japanese Restaurant reviews archive.
- ehhDjTonyGDined on 7/21/2014So to start out, the look as we pulled up looked like a quick in and out bar and also it was way overpriced. Fish didn't look great but ate it anyway. Spent my anaversary night in the bathroom, so did my fiance. Menu is way overpriced for the quality. Wine list is very limited. (5 wines) food was served one after the other without any time to even breathe. We were in and out in under an hour. It was not as described, best in nothing. Was highly disappointed.Special Features:
- try any of the specials!JeslynDined on 6/27/2014this place has got a great handle on the basic sushi rolls, but really shines when it comes to their changing "specials" list. you can't go wrong with anything here, though. a great place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi LoversMaryJDined on 6/14/2014Great ambiance in an asian style restaurant setting. Excellent, fresh and exciting dishes that are creative beyond the standard sushi/sashimi offerings. Would definitly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueSusieDined on 5/31/2014We've been to Fuji Mountain a number of times and have found the sushi to be delicious and well prepared. The service is always impecable. The noise level is quiet and it's good for an intimate meal. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great sushi restaurant that offers food at a terrific value.Special Features:
- Great foodFoodDined on 5/8/2014The food here was great, the icecream was amazing!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Japanese treatcarolngeorgeVIPDined on 5/2/2014We rarely eat Japanese food, and enjoyed Fuji Mountain. Food is not in copious amounts, moderately priced, and we felt lucky to dine there with an on-line voucher that made the bill easier to take. Food is fine, ambience and service very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!Keelia111Dined on 4/16/2014Great speciality rolls & cocktails!!! Survive was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi and appsLadyDoc1VIPDined on 4/5/2014Sushi was wonderful as was edamame (not too salty) and the vegetable dumplings. Sashimi very good too. Service not great in that part of our table received their apps long before we did. Overall good food for the money. Would definitely go back there. Reservation staff was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weird service, nice foodhadaryVIPDined on 2/18/2014Everything was ok (nice food, great margaritas), except for the weitress who forgot 3(!) times we were even there, and we had to go look for him. Also, they made a mistake with my bill and took them FOREVER to fix it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fuji MountainCandyGirlVIPDined on 1/28/2014I love this place and go there frequently for lunch. The sushi rolls are varied and tasty. The bento boxes are substantial, but light. Can't miss.Special Features:
- Excellence Restaurant ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014This is my second time dining at Fuji Restaurant and still loving it just like the 1st time. First time was with my buddies and second time, I decided to take my family out and they all love it as much as I do. You all definitely should give it a try at this restaurant. Good food and good service, worth every single penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip Vic's,Come to Fuji Mt. InsteadShimmerE01VIPDined on 1/23/2014For a better sushi experience, skip the teeny tiny, overhyped Vic's and come to Fuji Mountain. The space is very clean, inviting, and relaxing. No sitting on top of each other. The sushi quality is just as good as Vic's and they offer a larger variety of traditional Japanese dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great value during restaurant weekcaligirlDined on 1/22/2014so blown away at what a great deal we had during restaurant week. everything was presented beautifully and tasted delicious. the service was really great although it was a snow day and there weren't too many people there yet.
- Delicious. So. Good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/21/2014Came here for a second visit, this time for Restaurant Week. The sashimi is fresh and to die for. I also had the Kinoko Soup and that was very good and flavorful. And red bean ice cream? Yes. Very nice environment and staff. Elevator ambiance music in the background lets you know it's a real and authentic Japanese restaurant. Only complaint was that the place was almost empty and the wait was a bit slow for lunch... probably spent a full 1.5+ hours there and we didn't mosey around. But the food made up for it. Mmm so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go backSophieDDined on 1/20/2014I was very disappointed in this restaurant. I don't know how it's supposed to be one of the best Japanese restaurants in Philly. One of my friends had told me it was the worst Japanese he had ever been to and I didn't want to believe him. I wouldn't go that far, but I won't go back. The food was just ok (we had sushi and sashimi) but did not look or taste amazing. There are barely no gluten free options on the menu. The soda was not free refill. It's overall way too expensive for what it is.
- Great food, so so servicesoxfanDined on 1/18/2014I really liked this restaurant, and we would definitely go back, but the service was a bit haphazard. For example, there were five of us at dinner, and the waiter took the order of four of us and then walked away...totally missed the fifth person! It was busy, but not that busy! That having been said, the food was really good, and fit the bill for the vegans in our party and those that eat meat. Maybe the waiter was having a bad night...I'm more than willing to give it another chance.Special Features:
- Great PlacegpeevDined on 1/15/2014Sushi was really good. Will be going back for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always!LJ1213VIPDined on 1/11/2014We love going to Fuji Mountain. By far the best sushi in the city. Great food, consistent quality, and wonderful staff. We've never had a bad meal or a bad experience here. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!CookCookBluesDined on 12/16/2013Nice selection of traditional fare and not so traditional. I enjoyed the grilled salmon and chicken soman soup. Great selection of sake.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi dinner with the roommateKMDHVIPDined on 12/15/2013Neither of us had been so we gave it a shot. We enjoyed everything we got and would both return. The tempura banana was a little strange and I probably wouldn't order that again, but everything else was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely DelightfulMistyDined on 11/26/2013We were looking for a place that could please both of my children. One is a vegetarian and the other is a food adventurer. This restaurant fit the bill. The staff was very pleasant and service was superb. One child was able to have sushi, the other had vegetable tempura. I had the teriyaki steak. We were all delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good sushi at a reasonablebitemeVIPDined on 10/24/2013very good sushi at a reasonable price; went for a birthday lunch with a friend and we were delighted by both the food and the service; we'll definitely be back !I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group work lunch, but we'veAlexBVIPDined on 10/16/2013Group work lunch, but we've been here a few times previously. Better than average sushi/japanese place near Rittenhouse/Center City, and reasonably priced for lunch. Everyone in our group was happy with their food. The bento boxes seem relatively large compared to other places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like their authentic JapaneseBentoVIPDined on 10/9/2013I like their authentic Japanese lunch. However, in the past 2 years, it seems like that they have been reducing the portion and increase the price. The mackerel lunch used to come with Tofu, miso soup and 2 pieces of mackerel, now just comes with Miso soup and you only have 1piece. The price is 30% higher. With smaller portion and higher price, it is hard for me to go more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will visit oftenBonpaulVIPDined on 10/2/2013Had a delicious mid week meal. Sushi very fresh, well presented. Great variety, very pleasant waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My daughter and I wanted toSugarDined on 9/29/2013My daughter and I wanted to try something new. We really enjoyed ourselves!Special Features:
- awesome restaurantsandrewDined on 9/27/2013Me and my friends went there for restaurant week and the price was pretty good for the amount and fir the taste. My stomach was happy at the endSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Japanese cuisineLOUYDined on 9/25/2013Tried Fuji Mountain during Restaurant Week. Great sushi and wonderful special menu including a tasty mushroom brothSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the first time I haveTfarneDined on 9/24/2013This is the first time I have been to Fuji Mountain Japanese Restaurant. I came for Restaurant Week with my sister. This restaurant was fantastic! We had a FIVE COURSE meal which was excellent and definitely worth the money. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sushi & SashimiTheBigCheeseVIPDined on 9/20/2013We've been here several times and the fish is always fresh and properly prepared. Never a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food in a beautiful roomlibrarianDined on 8/10/2013Great Japanese food, including sushi and a few dishes I hadn't seen before. Tempura was great, hot and cold appetizers were terrific and, unlike many Japanese restaurants, they had a decent dessert menu, including tempura ice cream, mochi ice cream and tempura bananas. Service was gracious and fast, including waiting for the check -- a pet peeve of mine. No problems, no flaws, just great food in a beautiful, traditional room. Great location, 20th and Chestnut.Special Features: