Fuji Mountain Japanese Restaurant
2030 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Fuji Mountain Japanese Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fujimt.com/
- Phone: 2157510939
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00am, Saturday, Sunday: 3:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian / Vegan, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Fuji Mountain Japanese Restaurant
Fuji Mountain Japanese Restaurant is the award winning Philadelphia sushi oasis. Come visit us, or if you"d like, you can order our delicious food online for delivery or take out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fuji Mountain Japanese Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (4)romantic (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)special occasion (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- ehhDjTonyGDined on 7/21/2014So to start out, the look as we pulled up looked like a quick in and out bar and also it was way overpriced. Fish didn't look great but ate it anyway. Spent my anaversary night in the bathroom, so did my fiance. Menu is way overpriced for the quality. Wine list is very limited. (5 wines) food was served one after the other without any time to even breathe. We were in and out in under an hour. It was not as described, best in nothing. Was highly disappointed.Special Features:
- try any of the specials!JeslynDined on 6/27/2014this place has got a great handle on the basic sushi rolls, but really shines when it comes to their changing "specials" list. you can't go wrong with anything here, though. a great place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi LoversMaryJDined on 6/14/2014Great ambiance in an asian style restaurant setting. Excellent, fresh and exciting dishes that are creative beyond the standard sushi/sashimi offerings. Would definitly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueSusieDined on 5/31/2014We've been to Fuji Mountain a number of times and have found the sushi to be delicious and well prepared. The service is always impecable. The noise level is quiet and it's good for an intimate meal. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great sushi restaurant that offers food at a terrific value.Special Features:
- Great foodFoodDined on 5/8/2014The food here was great, the icecream was amazing!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Japanese treatcarolngeorgeVIPDined on 5/2/2014We rarely eat Japanese food, and enjoyed Fuji Mountain. Food is not in copious amounts, moderately priced, and we felt lucky to dine there with an on-line voucher that made the bill easier to take. Food is fine, ambience and service very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 111 reviews are from the Fuji Mountain Japanese Restaurant reviews archive.
- Delicious!!!Keelia111Dined on 4/16/2014Great speciality rolls & cocktails!!! Survive was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi and appsLadyDoc1Dined on 4/5/2014Sushi was wonderful as was edamame (not too salty) and the vegetable dumplings. Sashimi very good too. Service not great in that part of our table received their apps long before we did. Overall good food for the money. Would definitely go back there. Reservation staff was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weird service, nice foodhadaryVIPDined on 2/18/2014Everything was ok (nice food, great margaritas), except for the weitress who forgot 3(!) times we were even there, and we had to go look for him. Also, they made a mistake with my bill and took them FOREVER to fix it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fuji MountainCandyGirlVIPDined on 1/28/2014I love this place and go there frequently for lunch. The sushi rolls are varied and tasty. The bento boxes are substantial, but light. Can't miss.Special Features:
- Excellence Restaurant ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014This is my second time dining at Fuji Restaurant and still loving it just like the 1st time. First time was with my buddies and second time, I decided to take my family out and they all love it as much as I do. You all definitely should give it a try at this restaurant. Good food and good service, worth every single penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip Vic's,Come to Fuji Mt. InsteadShimmerE01VIPDined on 1/23/2014For a better sushi experience, skip the teeny tiny, overhyped Vic's and come to Fuji Mountain. The space is very clean, inviting, and relaxing. No sitting on top of each other. The sushi quality is just as good as Vic's and they offer a larger variety of traditional Japanese dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great value during restaurant weekcaligirlDined on 1/22/2014so blown away at what a great deal we had during restaurant week. everything was presented beautifully and tasted delicious. the service was really great although it was a snow day and there weren't too many people there yet.
- Delicious. So. Good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/21/2014Came here for a second visit, this time for Restaurant Week. The sashimi is fresh and to die for. I also had the Kinoko Soup and that was very good and flavorful. And red bean ice cream? Yes. Very nice environment and staff. Elevator ambiance music in the background lets you know it's a real and authentic Japanese restaurant. Only complaint was that the place was almost empty and the wait was a bit slow for lunch... probably spent a full 1.5+ hours there and we didn't mosey around. But the food made up for it. Mmm so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go backSophieDDined on 1/20/2014I was very disappointed in this restaurant. I don't know how it's supposed to be one of the best Japanese restaurants in Philly. One of my friends had told me it was the worst Japanese he had ever been to and I didn't want to believe him. I wouldn't go that far, but I won't go back. The food was just ok (we had sushi and sashimi) but did not look or taste amazing. There are barely no gluten free options on the menu. The soda was not free refill. It's overall way too expensive for what it is.
- Great food, so so servicesoxfanDined on 1/18/2014I really liked this restaurant, and we would definitely go back, but the service was a bit haphazard. For example, there were five of us at dinner, and the waiter took the order of four of us and then walked away...totally missed the fifth person! It was busy, but not that busy! That having been said, the food was really good, and fit the bill for the vegans in our party and those that eat meat. Maybe the waiter was having a bad night...I'm more than willing to give it another chance.Special Features:
- Great PlacegpeevDined on 1/15/2014Sushi was really good. Will be going back for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always!LJ1213VIPDined on 1/11/2014We love going to Fuji Mountain. By far the best sushi in the city. Great food, consistent quality, and wonderful staff. We've never had a bad meal or a bad experience here. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!CookCookBluesDined on 12/16/2013Nice selection of traditional fare and not so traditional. I enjoyed the grilled salmon and chicken soman soup. Great selection of sake.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi dinner with the roommateKMDHVIPDined on 12/15/2013Neither of us had been so we gave it a shot. We enjoyed everything we got and would both return. The tempura banana was a little strange and I probably wouldn't order that again, but everything else was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely DelightfulMistyDined on 11/26/2013We were looking for a place that could please both of my children. One is a vegetarian and the other is a food adventurer. This restaurant fit the bill. The staff was very pleasant and service was superb. One child was able to have sushi, the other had vegetable tempura. I had the teriyaki steak. We were all delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good sushi at a reasonablebitemeVIPDined on 10/24/2013very good sushi at a reasonable price; went for a birthday lunch with a friend and we were delighted by both the food and the service; we'll definitely be back !I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group work lunch, but we'veAlexBVIPDined on 10/16/2013Group work lunch, but we've been here a few times previously. Better than average sushi/japanese place near Rittenhouse/Center City, and reasonably priced for lunch. Everyone in our group was happy with their food. The bento boxes seem relatively large compared to other places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like their authentic JapaneseBentoVIPDined on 10/9/2013I like their authentic Japanese lunch. However, in the past 2 years, it seems like that they have been reducing the portion and increase the price. The mackerel lunch used to come with Tofu, miso soup and 2 pieces of mackerel, now just comes with Miso soup and you only have 1piece. The price is 30% higher. With smaller portion and higher price, it is hard for me to go more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will visit oftenBonpaulVIPDined on 10/2/2013Had a delicious mid week meal. Sushi very fresh, well presented. Great variety, very pleasant waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My daughter and I wanted toSugarDined on 9/29/2013My daughter and I wanted to try something new. We really enjoyed ourselves!Special Features:
- awesome restaurantsandrewDined on 9/27/2013Me and my friends went there for restaurant week and the price was pretty good for the amount and fir the taste. My stomach was happy at the endSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Japanese cuisineLOUYDined on 9/25/2013Tried Fuji Mountain during Restaurant Week. Great sushi and wonderful special menu including a tasty mushroom brothSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the first time I haveTfarneDined on 9/24/2013This is the first time I have been to Fuji Mountain Japanese Restaurant. I came for Restaurant Week with my sister. This restaurant was fantastic! We had a FIVE COURSE meal which was excellent and definitely worth the money. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sushi & SashimiTheBigCheeseVIPDined on 9/20/2013We've been here several times and the fish is always fresh and properly prepared. Never a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food in a beautiful roomlibrarianDined on 8/10/2013Great Japanese food, including sushi and a few dishes I hadn't seen before. Tempura was great, hot and cold appetizers were terrific and, unlike many Japanese restaurants, they had a decent dessert menu, including tempura ice cream, mochi ice cream and tempura bananas. Service was gracious and fast, including waiting for the check -- a pet peeve of mine. No problems, no flaws, just great food in a beautiful, traditional room. Great location, 20th and Chestnut.Special Features:
- Large selection of rollsSilverQueenVIPDined on 8/7/2013It's hard to decide which rolls to order - they all taste so good. We enjoyed two of them - cucumber and salmon/eel - as well as excellent miso soup and salad. We also had fried veg gyoza. I think the veg gyoza would be better steamed. If you want fried gyoza, I would recommend a different filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. Only criticismOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2013Food was great. Only criticism is that the restaurant could not accommodate our group of 8 even with reservation. We were uncomfortably squooshed into a booth meant for 6 and they said they have no bigger tables in the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food served beautifullySilverQueenVIPDined on 8/1/2013Three of us had bento boxes for lunch and we enjoyed them very much. The sea bass was particularly delicious. The service was a bit slow because I don't think they had enough servers that day for the crowd. Some days it is not as crowded. I have been there many times and would definitely return and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's All GoodHungryManVIPDined on 7/10/2013From the Seaweed Salad to the sushi to the special entrees like Wild Mushroom Seabass, the food here is excellent. Service is just right, attentive but not smothering. Pleasant atmosphere, never too loud, well furnished and comfortable. We'll be back again and again.Special Features:
- Good stuff here!RobSVIPDined on 7/8/2013We really enjoyed dining here. Fresh and innovative. Will be back.
- Excellent RestauranttobytoesDined on 6/29/2013Great sushi.....very fresh; wonderful presentation; professional, courteous and friendly staff; and very clean!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Varied and tasty foodSilverQueenVIPDined on 6/23/2013I think it's one of the best Japanese restaurants in center city. Many options on the menu. All the food is tasty. I particularly like the gyoza. The place has a calm atmosphere and attractive décor. I will definitely return and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service so so.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/5/2013I frequent Fuigi Mountain at least 4 times a year and enjoy the food every time. However, the service is lacking and give excuses as to why they are not responsive. Until I find another sushi place that has spicy tuna sandwiches I am sticking with Fuigi Mt. but may limit my frequency due to service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little too priceyNYCTRIPDined on 5/26/2013Food was good, but thought it was too pricey for what we received