1222 Washington Ct
Wilmette, IL 60091Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fuelwilmette.com/
- Phone: 8472513835
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Brunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm.
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: Rent the whole space for a special dinner we customize a menu for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Tim Lenon 8472513835
A word from Fuel
Locally sourced restaurant in Wilmette featuring seasonal menu for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Thursday/Friday/Saturday. All of our dishes our prepared fresh everyday. We have many options for gluten free diners. Weekly specials are displayed on website. We are also available for private events from 20-50 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fuel reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance2.9Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (7)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (6)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- I shouldn't say this but..Munchkin514VIPDined on 9/5/2014Always a breakfast and lunch neighborhood favorite, I am always questioning why there isn't a line around the block for their Thursday - Saturday dinners. The brief menu and specials, beautifully presented, never disappoint and the service is friendly and efficient, more in keeping with expensive fine dining than the local treasure that Fuel is. That said, I actually don't mind being one of the few who get to savor an almost private dining experience on Thursday or Friday evening. If you do come for dinner, you'll know me. I'm the one going, "yum, yum, yum, yum...."Special Features:
- Wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Food was delicious, and the management was gracious and accommodating. Liked the outdoor possibility, even as it looked out at the Metra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't SIt in BackSAltmanDined on 6/27/2014Was seated in a back room with a very unappetizing view of the restrooms. Avoid.
- Good local findOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014Good food, well prepared. Good casual spot with thoughtful preparations.
- Our favorite date night placeCCafDined on 6/14/2014Fuel has fresh, organic, healthy and delicious food. It is our neighborhood gem. Great for date night dinner. We also really enjoy their brunch menu. The owner is friendly and so are the waitstaff. Fuel has a small outdoor eating area. Inside is clean and modern, but not fancy. A place you can dress up or go casual and feel comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseNancyVIPDined on 6/6/2014Had heard about fuel but never there before. Stopped for dinner on the way home, after being at Wrigley all afternoon. We wanted a relatively light and healthy meal. We got that and much more. Food was delicious - very well prepared, complex combination of flavors, delicious and attractive. Will definitely be back and will bring friends.Special Features:
- DisappointmentAndyVIPDined on 6/6/2014We enjoy trying new restaurants but this was a disappointment. We were fortunate to sit outside on a nice night, but the parking lot view did not add much to the atmosphere. Food and service was fair at best. There are many better options in the area.
- The following 18 reviews are from the Fuel reviews archive.
- highly enjoyable mealMunchkin514VIPDined on 5/16/2014Food was beautifully prepared and presented. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUEL DINNEROpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/10/2014Totally choose this restaurant thru Open Table review. What a wonderful surprise. Immaculate facility and the food was wonderful......we enjoyed everything. Had a slight problem when the chair collapsed with our friend in it. They need to purchase some sturdier furniture. Everyone there is super friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/3/2014This is hands down our favorite spot for brunch! We love the kind and professional wait staff and the food is always delicious! How lucky we are to have Fuel in our neighborhood. We've been many times for dinner, too-delicious! Don't miss out!Special Features:
- OKyumyum2VIPDined on 5/3/2014Nice small neighborhood place. Menu is short, interesting, and very pricy, $10.95 for a side salad! Only 4 other tables were filled with customers on a Saturday night. The staff consists of 1 waiter, 1 cook, 1 other guy, maybe a busboy, and a maybe owner who arrived 45 minutes after we did for our 6PM reservation. He tried, but the waiter was an amature at best. I had the steak which was tasty but tough. My friend had the salmon and risotto which he liked. It was a not bad place, but an odd one. I hope they get it together because the food was pretty good. 1Special Features:
- Strangely goodFooddocVIPDined on 4/19/2014This quirky little place hidden behind the Wilmette train station deserves a try. More like eating in a kitchen than a dining room, the staff of two scramble around efficiently. There are maybe 5 apps and 5 entrees with a few specials. My wife simply loved her salmon and I was very pleased with my potato gnocchi. The wine list consists of 3-4 of each color and NO PRICES! ($10-13 per glass) and if you want beer, you better want Stella, because that's all they have! All in all, it was fun, weird, value-priced, and we'd go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A better lunch spotPuppyLoveDined on 4/19/2014Fuel is very small and more like a cafe than a dinner destination. The food was very good and the prices reasonable. (They were out of soda which was disappointing.) If you're looking for more of a typical Sat. night dining experience, I would opt out and stick with Fuel as a lunch spot.Special Features:
- Hidden gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2014Nice spot in downtown Wilmette, with good food and good wine. Brunch is delicious too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2014We didn't know what to expect when we booked the reservation. But everything was so good. Great wine, salads, main course and great bread too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemjimfromevanstonVIPDined on 3/21/2014My wife and I have gone to this restaurant several times, and honestly, we have never had a meal that we both didn't really enjoy. The restaurant is almost hidden by the Wilmette train station, and when you look in the window from the outside it really doesn't look like much, but don't let that deceive you. The menu, although limited, always features some daily specials, and I have loved every single thing I have tried here. I know a lot of people come here for breakfast because of the proximity to the train station, but if you are looking for a wonderful dinner, at a reasonable price, without much of a wait (if any), this is the place to go. The phrase may be overused, but to my wife and I this place is the local hidden gem in Wilmette!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has potentialEMcKChicagoVIPDined on 3/21/2014Imaginative menu. The whitefish was nicely done. I would have rated the food higher, but for some reason both the fish and the sweet potato hash on the side were swimming in olive oil. Definitely not my thing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoughtful MenuJFBGDined on 3/8/2014With attention to freshness and detail- our entrees were delicious. I had the Special- Arctic Char and my friend had the Steak- off the menu. Generous pours on wine by the glassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- try thisLindaDined on 2/22/2014Excellent food very accommodating. small but varied menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent but ambienceopentablelvrsVIPDined on 2/21/2014Food was excellent but ambience was poor given bright cafeteria-type lighting. Wine glasses were also cheap quality. Regardless, we could definitely return because of the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Parking Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/14/2014Hidden on one side of the Wilmette Metra parking lot, Fuel is easy to get to by train or car. Although primarily a breakfast and lunch spot it is open for dinner Thursday through Sunday. The chef Armondo has a long background with high end restaurants in the area and produces food that belies the simple "diner" environment. We have been fans for a long time.Special Features:
- Exceptional FoodAlanDined on 2/1/2014Small restaurant behind the Wilmette train station. Greeted warmly and service was good. Ambiance is a little lacking, but the food makes up for all of that. Exceptional taste. Staff accomodated spouse with a portion of lentils as a vegetable which was part of one of the specials for the day. Lentils were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Lacks AmbienceWilmetteTravelerVIPDined on 1/25/2014Fuel serves delicious food in a bare bones facility next to a car wash in a hard to find corner of downtown Wilmette. My companion and I both enjoyed our meals which were superbly prepared and served promptly and cheerfully. The restaurant has a concrete floor and formica table tops and a generally hard and less than cozy ambience. There is no wine list but they have about 8 types of wine they serve by the glass. An unusual but generally pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Great small out of the way placeWorkintheloopVIPDined on 12/6/2013Outstanding food and service. Plays well above what you'd expect from sight, especially in unique, local sourced menu. Recently changed from small plates to also have a selection of entrees. We go here at times when we need a quick meal, at a place that kids can handle as well, but are looking for something special. The menu is small and focused, and very, very good. Similarly, wine choices are limited by design, with great selections. Although not a great place for kids, they go out of thier way to accomodate. Very close to the train station, so very convenient when coming home late (for those living in the area); or an easy place to hit without having to drive if not local. Have a small outside seating area for the warner months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menu in an unassuming spotdreytuchVIPDined on 11/1/2013Little restaurant situated next to a car wash is a tasty find. Interesting, sustainable menu, but WAY overpriced on the salads. Hubby wanted the Caesar salad non-grilled, and enjoyed it. The lentil soup was chock full of lentils, delicious, not soupy--more like spooning lentils. The butternut squash ravioli was rather oily and a little dry/flavorless, as if it had been sitting for several days before serving. All in all, we tried it, but no need to rush back. Looks like a good place to try for brunch, though.Special Features: