3455 Ringsby Court #105
Denver, CO 80216Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fuelcafedenver.com/
- Phone: 3032964642
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Brunch: Sunday 10:30am - 2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bob Blair
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Bob Blair 3032964642x
- Special Events: Versatile spaces available for small gatherings or space for 200 guests
A word from Fuel Cafe
Fuel is a hip, funky industrial restaurant serving as Denver's culinary outpost. Driven by the weather, the seasons and the moods of the cooks, Fuel's menu strives to provide a unique dining experience. Lunch revolves around upscale sandwiches, soups and salads among an eclectic mix of diners. Dinner features locally sourced, seasonal ingredients, eclectic wines and gracious service. Fuel is a one of a kind space - urban, garage chic, with a beautiful patio with views of the city and the mountains. Only Five minutes from Lodo. Come join us for small plates and a cocktail before a Rockies game, or make an evening with good friends, unique food and inexpensive wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Fuel Cafe - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Fuel Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)great for outdoor dining (37)neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (23)great for brunch (15)good for groups (14)romantic (12)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (11)hot spot (9)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- I like the limited menu.MimiDined on 10/11/2014Fun, diverse, sophisticated crowd. Loved the concentration on seasonal ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exotic flavors and artistic sceneChucoTownDined on 10/10/2014A friend of ours now prepares some of the dinner meals and recommended we try it out. This was an eye-opening experience. The location was odd, had it not been for GPS telling me we were there- I would have missed it. Very artistic and modern looking surrounding and building. It was a busy Friday night and they seated us immediately. We had the chicken lollipops- very spicy and tasty. I ordered the stuffed squid- super delicious and the bread was amazing with the spread. My meal was the pork tenderloins- absolutely melt in your mouth deliciousness. The best pork and potatoes ever. Hubby had the coffee steak- amazing. The server was very knowledgeable and attentive. I highly recommend this place to anyone with taste buds!Special Features:
- Good food in a trendy settingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014Enjoyed finding this place for lunch on Sunday. Biscuits and fried chicken was comfort food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodonemoretimeDined on 9/20/2014The food is excellent. You will love things here you normally do not enjoy other places. These guys know their stuff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fuel brunchCindyDined on 9/14/2014I loved going here on a Sunday morning for my birthday brunch. It was easy parking, beautiful morning to sit outside around the plantings that were actually kitchen herbs that are snipped fresh for your food. The service was excellent as was the food. Very interesting building with art and it so relaxing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refilled at FuelbirdgirlDined on 9/6/2014Fuel was a pleasure.We enjoyed our tasty libation, the pear and blue cheese tart, warm with the right amount of honey and greens to add freshness to each bite. The heirloom tomatoes were superb, like the farm stand days when perfect firm but tender tomatoes burst with the taste of juice, sweet and tart. No mush. We each ordered the Steak au Poivre and enjoyed every flavor with the Swiss chard, potatoes and beef. At $5, we're not used to paying for bread service in the states, but the red wine salted butter and Babette's bread were worth double. Dessert - my birthday so we celebrated with a Whoopie Pie, and the caramel buttercream sandwiched between two just right layers of chocolate rounds was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Ok ServiceKerBearDined on 8/29/2014We went during Restaurant Week and were not disappointed. The food was delicious and you received decent sized portions. My only complaint was that our server was somewhat distracted and did not seem to be having a good time.Special Features:
- AswomeIIDavidJIIDined on 8/28/2014I took my lady here for restaurant week. The menu looked small, but the portions were adequate and filling. The desert waffle was fantastic.Special Features:
- foodreviewDined on 8/26/2014I do not recommend Fuel Café. Our first time there was good but during Restaurant Week it was terrible. My riblet appetizer was not edible and was sent back. My wife's appetizer, the rabbit tureen had bones and grizzle in it and after it was shown to the server it was immediately removed from the menu. The rest of the meal was unimpressive.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014The food was amazing and the service was great. One of my new favorite restaurants. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not up to parkweigangDined on 8/24/2014For how DIVINE the menu looked, the food was only okay. You would think that fried blue cheese bites as appetizers would be flawless, but they were only so-so. The risotto stuffed poblano pepper lacked both spice and flavor. I didn't even finish my dessert --- the waffle was burned, the gingerbread cookie was dry, the gelee looked like canned cranberries from Thanksgiving. My favorite part of dessert was the 1.25 raspberries I got on it. The ambiance and friendly staff was the only thing that saved our experience.Special Features:
- First Timer ReviewWillyDined on 8/23/2014This was my 1st time to Fuel. The environment is industrial and inside table area smaller than expected. The menu was well thought out with something for most everyone. The waiter was knowledgeable and helpful in making our drink and food choices. When we arrived the environment was noisy but acceptable. By the time we left the noise was so loud we could no longer communicate across the table. Too Bad. The food was wonderful, service very good but the noise left the evening wanting. I will come back but book a patio table or an early seating and definitely leave before 7:30 PM.Special Features:
- closedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2014Somebody needs to make sure reservations are not taken for times when the restaurant is closed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DSAPianoDined on 8/15/2014One of the best dining experiences I've had in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in River North!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/14/2014Excellent little spot in RiNo. It was a nice evening so we sat outside in a secluded corner of the patio, which was perfect for a date night. The tomato tarlet starter was absolutley fantastic, a great dish to use summer tomatoes. The duck breast was a festival of flavors with a very creative use of the champagne grapes. The stuffed poblano was tasty and comforting. We were too full to eat the chocolate chip waffle for dessert, but we saw it at the neighboring table and it looked out of this world.Special Features:
- Not impressed by any meansHananVIPDined on 8/1/2014the bottle of wine we ordered had to be chilled. .ordered two appetizers, lamb and the eggplant. And out came lamb and Zuchini. They weren't even busy. Lamb was overcuoked. Zucchini was breaded and yuck. eggplant way too salty. Small menu and overpriced and not impressive.
- GemColoradojewelDined on 7/27/2014I loved this little spot! The most amazing thing about it was the staff. They were very sweet, attentive, and professional. I wish they had a few more vegetarian options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, sub par service.slalomnutVIPDined on 7/24/2014This is the second time I've been in the past 45 days and had surprisingly poor service. The waiter, Javier, was friendly but disappeared for long stretches of time. It took 45 minutes to order our main entree and it wasn't noticed that more than half the tables drinks and water glasses were empty when we placed our order. Appetizers too approximately 30 minutes to receive but the entrees were out within 15 minutes of ordering them and all of it was quite delicious. Please step up the service.Special Features:
- Fuel continues to be my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Over the last 3 or 4 years I've been to Fuel Cafe about 8 times. Because the menu is constantly changing I don't think I've ever had the same thing twice. Neither appetizer, entrée, dessert or wine. The service is always helpful, attentive, unobtrusive and friendly. The food is always unique and inspired. The patio is shaded and cool in the summer. I love taking new people and old friends to fuel because I know I won't have a bad experience. This is always my favorite.Special Features:
- Off beaten track gemKanzashiDined on 7/10/2014Dinner with friend - all meals were exceptionally prepared and plated. Service was excellent - there when you need them but otherwise unobtrusive. Lamb mezzaluna and lemon trio dessert stood out. Small well thought out menu. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A long nightFoodie2Dined on 7/3/2014Absolutely, without a doubt, one of the worst dining experience I have had in years in Denver. Won't be returning. Service was abysmal and snarky. We left the restaurant after 9:30pm having appeared on time for a 6:45pm reservation. Food, while flavorful, was cold. They announced that they would comp dessert, then never came back for the order. Needed to go to the service station to do that. When I calmly asked at the end of the evening what had happened that night, I was told that they just didn't anticipate the number of diners. There was a total of 4 tables with an average of 4 people per table in the entire restaurant!!! There are too many great places to eat in Denver without having to endure a night like that. So long.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/2/2014Very nice outdoor seating. Indoor is rather plain. Chef is very imaginative, and service was terrific.
- The following 534 reviews are from the Fuel Cafe reviews archive.
- Unusual poor serviceslalomnutVIPDined on 6/28/201406/29 - I dine here occasionally, both for lunch and dinner, and generally have good to excellent service but tonight's waiter, although very friendly, was gone at long stretches at t time leaving the table with empty water and wine glasses. As always, the food was spectacular and we will continue to go back unless this becomes the norm.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Absolutely amazing. From the food, to the ambiance, to the service, everything was incredible. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great AgainAcedenverDined on 6/28/2014Love the food here--unassuming but complex. Loved the outside patio!Special Features:
- Excellent brunchlauravVIPDined on 6/22/2014I had an EXCELLENT brunch here on a Sunday morning. As long as it's not too hot, the outdoor patio is gorgeous. The service and food were both excellent.. absolutely don't miss the scones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, great barFoodiewannabeDined on 6/21/2014This neighborhood gem is worth the wait. Great staff, an amazing mixologist, and superb food, makes this a foodie paradise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Least Notable Dining ExperiencebeentheredoneitDined on 6/20/2014We have been coming fairly routinely to Fuel for special occasion dinners for over two years. The food is always quirky and exceptional. We were there on Friday, June 20th shortly after 5 p.m. There were not a lot of people there and so the wait staff was not extremely busy. In the past, we have always enjoyed our conversation with the pleasant staff, however, our server Brett was the least friendly server we have ever had. The only pleasant conversation she really had with us is when she realized we did not request change on our meal ticket. She acted as if we were interrupting her time with the other staff members. Very disappointing and took away from our dining experience - we may go back, but it will be awhile -Special Features:
- Great spot for a nightottergirlDined on 5/31/2014unassuming building and the cab driver had a hard time finding it; but well worth the wait. Didn't realize when I made the reservation indoor outdoor and tables pretty close together, Food was excellent, service attentive and server understood the menu and made great suggestions. A little loud if you are looking for a romantic dinner - my dining companion had a tough time hearing each other over the other dinersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food adventureMoInCoDined on 5/24/2014We loved sharing various small plates. The chef uses fresh ingredients and puts his own twist on the combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemMEV5VIPDined on 5/24/2014Fuel Cafe is located off the beaten path, yet really close to downtown and neighborhoods surrounding to the north, west and east. Food was great, albeit a smaller menu. Service was awesome, we had a leisurely dinner and never felt rushed! Highly recommend this adventure...Special Features:
- DisappointingRianVIPDined on 5/24/2014I had high expectations of this restaurant since it was listed #9 in the 5280 Top 25 restaurants for Denver in 2013. The food was good but not spectacular, and the portions were egregiously small. A mediocre value.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014We were a bit disappointed with the dinner menu. Lots of options for meat eaters, but few fish/veggie options.
- go for the food not the dessertColoradoNativeDined on 5/22/2014Had a fantastic time enjoying a birthday dinner with my girlfriend. The food was amazing and the new option of ciders was a wonderful surprise. The only thing lacking was the dessert. The main course was moderately sized with fantastic flavors and textures. The dessert was way to deconstructed. And when you consider the entire dessert fit on 3 spoon fulls....well it wasnt our cup of tea. :-) we visited little man ice cream to satisfy our sweet tooth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too precious for its own goodJayAre52Dined on 5/21/2014don't go hungry to this place. You'll leave the same way, except $70 poorer.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Drinks take forever, food is so so for the price. Not bad, but nothing you will remember.
- Fuel Cafe is okayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014The food was good, service was okay. A little expensive given the small portions. I'm glad I tried it, but don't plan to go back anytime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth Seeking OutmarcoliusVIPDined on 5/3/2014I like a place that's confident enough to have a limited menu. Fuel nails it. Everything was great. Inventive without being cute, and very well executed. We made a meal just of appetizers. It's crowded and noisy, but the food was worth it.Special Features:
- not great for brunchOutstandinDined on 4/27/2014I had dinner here years ago and the food and drinks were tasty. The brunch menu was not too tempting and much of the food was mediocre though the french toast was great. Probably not the place to go for brunch in Denver. There are so many other fantastic places.
- So disappointingdenverjayhawkDined on 4/25/2014The food is bland and overpriced. We were really excited to try it and were very disappointed.Special Features: